Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I said only it yesterday - it's very convenient to blame Rodgers for all the sh1te transfers and give credit to the committee for the good ones.
    Hang on now - nobody has suggested that Rodgers was responsible for signing Aspas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I got about 45 seconds into that then realised I was starting to have thoughts of self harming.

That's because you're about 80 and not down with the kids.

fellow_kids_steve_buscemi1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I said only it yesterday - it's very convenient to blame Rodgers for all the sh1te transfers and give credit to the committee for the good ones.

Agreed but I do see the a certain element of truth in it. I said it all along Rodgers isn't signing half these players, that remains the truth it's just which half did he sign? The good or the bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Can someone please tell me how as 50year old man am I getting a fit of the FCUKing giddy fits over a middle aged German...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

To be honest it doesnt matter who was signed by who now. Hopefully any signings from here on out are the choice of the Klopp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mr.H wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if Klopp sets the team up in the same vein as his Dortmund side or if he will try to play to what he see's as our strengths.

I do believe we have a good side. At the risk of the fury from the pro-Rodgers camp (which I am part of) I suggest that maybe our team was under coached, especially in defence. It always seemed like they didnt know what to do when they lost the ball.

Was reading another piece yesterday about the staff Klopp would be looking at bringing in;
    • His assistant Buvac (who manages some fake international side)
    • The video analyst guy (no idea what his name is
    • His keeper coach from Dortmund (although is still at Dortmund for now)
    • Beck (his fitness coach)

Then they talked about other possibles such as
    • Hamann (who has his badges and knows Klopp well)
    • Fowler (who threw his own name into the ring)
    • Sami..............................

Now of course again this is speculation but could you imagine Sami coming back to help our defence................ Yes please

Is he not managing another team at the min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This needs to be number one by this Sunday. Get on to iTunes lads and ladies.

Could this be the new YNWA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It will be interesting to see if Klopp sets the team up in the same vein as his Dortmund side or if he will try to play to what he see's as our strengths.

I do believe we have a good side. At the risk of the fury from the pro-Rodgers camp (which I am part of) I suggest that maybe our team was under coached, especially in defence. It always seemed like they didnt know what to do when they lost the ball.

Was reading another piece yesterday about the staff Klopp would be looking at bringing in;
    • His assistant Buvac (who manages some fake international side)
    • The video analyst guy (no idea what his name is
    • His keeper coach from Dortmund (although is still at Dortmund for now)
    • Beck (his fitness coach)

Then they talked about other possibles such as
    • Hamann (who has his badges and knows Klopp well)
    • Fowler (who threw his own name into the ring)
    • Sami..............................

Now of course again this is speculation but could you imagine Sami coming back to help our defence................ Yes please

The fact that hes the manager of FC Zurich might be an issue there, no? And he did woefully poorly with Brightons defence while there, good cb doesnt mean you can coach a defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't know where people get the idea that managers who have managed at the highest level of the game would be willing to take 3 steps backwards in their careers to do coaching work.

Saw the same thing with Steve Clarke.

not yet wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how as 50year old man am I getting a fit of the FCUKing giddy fits over a middle aged German...

That's football folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Saying nothing until he is there holding up a Liverpool scarf

"Jer-gin, ow does it feeel to be joining a club like Liverpoooool?"

First interview should be with Claire, and I bet he doesn't look down her top...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Will they just announce it and put us out of our misery!!!

I'm still convinced this won't happen and they'll unveil Dick Avacado or 'Arrry "Triffic" Redknapp at the press conference :(

Dickerty wrote: »
    "Jer-gin, ow does it feeel to be joining a club like Liverpoooool?"

First interview should be with Claire, and I bet he doesn't look down her top...

He'll be riding her by the end of it just because he can.

ANFIELD UPDATE (from sky sports live thread) http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11669/10014024/liverpool-manager-hunt-live

Our reporter Vinny O'Connor is in Liverpool and has provided this update on the club's search for a new manager:

"We're still waiting for the finer details to be sorted out. Jurgen Klopp has told the Liverpool owners that he does want the job but those finer details could still hold things up.

"Nevertheless he is expected to arrive in Liverpool today. It won't be the morning now, it will be later on this afternoon. There has been no definite hold-up but we do know that Jurgen Klopp has been booked into accommodation here for the next two nights.

"Both parties will be hoping to sort out those finer details can be sorted out in the next few hours but we're not necessarily expecting an announcement today but Liverpool are edging closer."

Its getting closer, Its getting closer, Its getting closer, Its getting closer, Its getting closer, Its getting closer, Its getting closer :D I think Santa Klopps is the best name since it feels like Christmas eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Claudia still has something about her in fairness :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's fellas over in reddit who have it tracked down to a private plane leaving Hamburg, and due to arrive in Liverpool in a few hours.

We're all gone mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

The longer this goes on the more worried I become. Seems to good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I don't think it's a case of people blaming 'The Rodgers' on the 'bad' signings now that he's gone. The same group were consistently attributed to him during his time at the club. They aren't even all been that bad, Benteke and Meh, have been impressive, as has Clyne.

It is frustrating though that for 3 years there has been a political game going on that has hindered the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Until he is leaning against something at Melwood, I won't believe this is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Until he is leaning against something at Melwood, I won't believe this is happening.

He'll be holding Melwood above his head like feckin' Atlas...

• Advertisement

Is he not managing another team at the min

Yes but it is a swiss team so first team coach under Klopp would certainly be a step up?
    The fact that hes the manager of FC Zurich might be an issue there, no? And he did woefully poorly with Brightons defence while there, good cb doesnt mean you can coach a defence.

His defence at Leverkusen was pretty solid. He done brilliantly there. As for him being manager at Zurich It doesnt mean he might not be interested (more likely down the line as oppose to right away)
    I don't know where people get the idea that managers who have managed at the highest level of the game would be willing to take 3 steps backwards in their careers to do coaching work.

Saw the same thing with Steve Clarke.

Wasnt Clarke only caretaker manager before Liverpool? (I may be wrong, often am)

Both ODriscoll and McAllister were managers before coming to Liverpool

Being a first team coach at a high profile club is surely better experience and exposure than being a manager at a lower division side?

It reminds me of the talk about Pako Ayestaran. Why would he come to Liverpool rather than be manager of Santos Laguna............................. Unless you have actual affection for the club, then why wouldnt you come here?

Better money
    Work with better players (surely)
    more exposure to get a job at a bigger club than they are presently at

Talksport saying he will be flying into Liverpool tonight and be announced tomorrow

Knex. wrote: »
    There's fellas over in reddit who have it tracked down to a private plane leaving Hamburg, and due to arrive in Liverpool in a few hours.

We're all gone mad.

Slight exaggeration.

Anyway, surely there's an app where we can track the plane's progress like those in flight progress screens.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Slight exaggeration.

Anyway, surely there's an app where we can track the plane's progress like those in flight progress screens.

http://www.flightradar24.com/46.14,15.4/6

Start searching

Knex. wrote: »

We're all gone mad.

Alright, alright lets all calm down..

Best scouse accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I heard from a fella that someone who looked like Klopp was seen by two lads drinking a pint of Arthur in The Intercontinental Hotel bar with Joachim Low last night these lads said they heard from a girl that works there that there was another lad with them earlier but left on a Harley-Davidson something about getting the ferry back to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DrumSteve wrote: »

Leaning against some deadwood, Lovern.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is he not taking a helikloppter over?

Right..

Can we all just calm the fcuk down, he's only a man ffs.

Oh fcuk it who am I kidding, Please make Liverpool a joy to watch again Jurgen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It is looking less and less likely that a deal was agreed before Rodgers was sacked with every day that slips by. Taking that one step further, if they dumped Rodgers on the basis that Klopp was willing to enter talks then it may indicate how much of an upgrade they perceive him to be.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It is looking less and less likely that a deal was agreed before Rodgers was sacked with every day that slips by. Taking that one step further, if they dumped Rodgers on the basis that Klopp was willing to enter talks then it may indicate how much of an upgrade they perceive him to be.

True, But it also shows a little bit of respect for Rodgers, and maybe a bit of decency all round by the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

He is Yellow Klopp no more
    Will he be Bundes Klopp or Spainish Klopp
    No he is Red Klopp

kfallon wrote: »

I'm still convinced this won't happen and they'll unveil Dick Avacado or 'Arrry "Triffic" Redknapp at the press conference :(

This thought actually crossed my mind the other day, he's been mentioning the team a lot in the papers recently.

Everyone expecting Klopp, we get 'arry doing his best.

tumblr_msmds3aadY1qko5wdo1_250.gif

Meanwhile Liverpool fans are all

video-undefined-22A0327500000578-181_638x366.jpg

There isn't any problems, Sky love to tear the arse out of everything. You only have to watch deadline day to know that.

The deal is done.

True, But it also shows a little bit of respect for Rodgers, and maybe a bit of decency all round by the owners.

Well I'm not sure now to be honest. I had assumed (as I'm sure many did) that a deal was pretty much done and dusted and they were waiting a couple of days out of respect.

However, the noise seems to leaning much more that they started negotiations in earnest this week and are trying to broker an agreement.

In that context, letting Rodgers go on the mere strength of being able to talk to Klopp is possibly indicative of a deep dissatisfaction with his performance.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    There isn't any problems, Sky love to tear the arse out of everything. You only have to watch deadline day to know that.

The deal is done.

Certainly hope so!

He was sacked Sunday evening its now Thursday morning. I mean how much quicker do you expect it done? You just can't sack him Sunday and hire a new manager 2 days later, the LMA would crucify the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/RedsOrDead/status/652068345185968128

Gary McAllister and Sean O’Driscoll will not be part of Jurgen Klopp’s backroom team. Pep Lijnders says.

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/652068578632597504

Speaks volumes about classiness of Gary he took training with Pep this morning, despite that. May stay in different role below 1st team.

rob316 wrote: »
    He was sacked Sunday evening its now Thursday morning. I mean how much quicker do you expect it done? You just can't sack him Sunday and hire a new manager 2 days later, the LMA would crucify the club.

Why? Kind of interested in that way of thinking. Do people believe a club shouldn't negotiate with a potential replacement until they've officially sacked the incumbent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As expected on the coaching front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

Hoping to head over to the West Brom game on w/e of Dec 12th so had been waiting for the TV announcements before finalising travel plans. It comes after a Europa League fixture with Sion so was convinced it'd be shunted onto the Sunday or maybe the Monday depending on the TV plans. It's still down for 3pm on the Saturday - surely this will be changed but any idea when they make these announcements?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/195364-four-fixture-changes-for-reds-in-december-January

Boards be ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why? Kind of interested in that way of thinking. Do people believe a club shouldn't negotiate with a potential replacement until they've officially sacked the incumbent?

Do people not remember how Mark Hughes was replaced at Man City.

Mancini sitting in the exec box, beside the CEO as he took notes during Hughes last game.

https://twitter.com/pjjcroker/status/652072890356076544
    Also...
    Glen Driscoll, Head of Performance - Leaving
    Chris Davies, Head of Opposition Analysis - Leaving
    (Paul Joyce)

Well I'm not sure now to be honest. I had assumed (as I'm sure many did) that a deal was pretty much done and dusted and they were waiting a couple of days out of respect.

However, the noise seems to leaning much more that they started negotiations in earnest this week and are trying to broker an agreement.

In that context, letting Rodgers go on the mere strength of being able to talk to Klopp is possibly indicative of a deep dissatisfaction with his performance.

I agree The owners where very unhappy with Rodgers, I'm saying the fact they waited till they sacked him to move (officially) on Klopp shows a bit of decency. Maybe the other side of the coin is Klopp would not entertain talking to them while Rodgers was still there, which would show the decency of Klopp himself.

Late fitness test for boards before the big announcement this evening and presser tomorrow.

Hold onto your gifs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Will we need a new thread before Klopp is seen leaning against something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Funny how timing and some luck can make all the difference, United had to make do with Moyes due to circumstances.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I think it's ok to make behind the scenes enquires to sound out a manager, but as a mark of respect to the current manager not to officially move until the one in place is gone...

Akin to sounding out the saucy neighbour before you give the wife her p45, but not rubbing her nose in it by bringing the rossy round the gaf while the wife is still there..

brevity wrote: »
    Boards be ****ed.

It's getting to the stage where they are so embarrassed they'll start banning people for mentioning it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement