Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do people not remember how Mark Hughes was replaced at Man City.

Mancini sitting in the exec box, beside the CEO as he took notes during Hughes last game.

If that happened, it was classless. But the reality of any working environment is that sounding out of replacements should be allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He said he's not coming cause the Boards thread has gone t'fk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah, they clearly haven't resynched their DB Servers yet. I'd imagine it's very difficult to get this stuff sorted while the site remains online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/652076278749732864

#Krawietz is a video analyst who also operated as #Klopp’s chief scout. #LFC

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/652076307967307776

#Buvac is a highly respected coach who is known as “The Brain” due to his tactical expertise. #Klopp #LFC

Kloppo and The Brain,
    One is a genius, the other insane,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Help us Obi Wan Kloppobi, you're our only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They're probably stuck on trying to rope him into Being:Liverpool season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I do think there is an LMA rule whereby a team can't announce a manager officially before 3 days have passed from the sacking, or something.

Must go see if I can dig up anything official on that.

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/652080012619857920

BASCOMBE: Head of fitness and conditioning Ryland Morgans – one of the most highly rated in his field – is to be retained. #LFC

• Advertisement

If Ireland qualify this weekend, this will officially be the best international weekend ever.

Usually they're a pile of shite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I am genuinely shocked with the amount there seems to be floating around in the media about this Klopp deal. Either everybody is talking through their hoop, or there is a ridiculous amount of inside info leaking out. I am not sure which of these idea's is worse

One for you Lloyd:

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/652081765390151680

Tony Barrett suggesting #LFC's search for a replacement well-before #Rodgers getting sacked. If not, the approach would have been negligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

not yet wrote: »
    I agree The owners where very unhappy with Rodgers, I'm saying the fact they waited till they sacked him to move (officially) on Klopp shows a bit of decency. Maybe the other side of the coin is Klopp would not entertain talking to them while Rodgers was still there, which would show the decency of Klopp himself.

It was probably a case that a 3rd party had discussions about Klopps availability but there was no direct contact until Rodgers was sacked. I'd be confident FSG knew they had a strong chance of getting Klopp before they moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The whole changing of the guard has been carefully choreographed, anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn't been paying any attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's pretty obvious Didi has been talking with Klopp for a good while sounding him out.

Any interview with Didi over the last few months he has been bigging Klopp up and saying he would be a prefect fit with the club.

Didi's role as a club ambassador wasn't terminated over these comments so you would have to guess FSG were happy for him to do this or they asked him to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

brevity wrote: »
    One for you Lloyd:

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/652081765390151680

Tony Barrett suggesting #LFC's search for a replacement well-before #Rodgers getting sacked. If not, the approach would have been negligent.
    Here's my timeline on it.

12th September: Decision was made to dispense with Rodgers at earliest convenience. This was in the wake of two trashings at the hands of West Ham and Man United.
    18th September: We start planning for life after Rodgers as Sakho signs a new contract - would not at all surprise me if he was given some kind of assurance not to worry about Rodgers.
    Late September/Early October: Klopp and Ancelloti's agents both sounded out whether they're willing to manage again. Both apply in the affirmative.
    Just afterwards: Board agree to dispense with Rodgers after the Everton game. With the international break, that gives 2 weeks to get the deal done and get the new manager settled.

I don't think any agreement was in place before Rodgers got sacked (that is what is happening now). I reckon Klopp's agent was sounded out, and he was receptive in principle to take the job.

Here's my timeline on it.

12th September: Decision was made to dispense with Rodgers at earliest convenience. This was in the wake of two trashings at the hands of West Ham and Man United.
    18th September: We start planning for life after Rodgers as Sakho signs a new contract - would not at all surprise me if he was given some kind of assurance not to worry about Rodgers.
    Late September/Early October: Klopp and Ancelloti's agents both sounded out whether they're willing to manage again. Both apply in the affirmative.
    Just afterwards: Board agree to dispense with Rodgers after the Everton game. With the international break, that gives 2 weeks to get the deal done and get the new manager settled.

I don't think any agreement was in place before Rodgers got sacked (that is what is happening now). I reckon Klopp's agent was sounded out, and he was receptive in principle to take the job.

If Klopp was available in the summer he would have been signed then IMO.

It's pretty obvious Didi has been talking with Klopp for a good while sounding him out.

Any interview with Didi over the last few months he has been bigging Klopp up and saying he would be a prefect fit with the club.

Didi's role as a club ambassador wasn't terminated over these comments so you would have to guess FSG were happy for him to do this or they asked him to do it.

If there's one thing FSG do, its PR.

The 8th of Klopptober.

The whole changing of the guard has been carefully choreographed, anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn't been paying any attention.
    I agree. You have to give the board credit in this case. Assuming Klopp gets brought in, you really could not have asked for a smoother transition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If that happened, it was classless. But the reality of any working environment is that sounding out of replacements should be allowed.

It was classless, without doubt but City were right to upgrade, and they have the right to go about it how they want.
    He brought them a title, so the decision was correct.

People bring far too much morality into the game in my opinion. People have to realise that decisions like sacking managers, recruiting behind their back, or Rodgers "throwing coaches under the bus to save his skin' are just business decisions at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I am genuinely shocked with the amount there seems to be floating around in the media about this Klopp deal. Either everybody is talking through their hoop, or there is a ridiculous amount of inside info leaking out. I am not sure which of these idea's is worse

Maybe the amounts are wrong and just speculation and there is no stuff leaking out? Then there's nothing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

any chance there be one of these at melwood ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'd love a go of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I have no problem with the club if they were putting the feelers out to managers to gauge interest whilst Rodgers was still in charge. In fact, I was hoping they were doing that.

It was clear Rodgers wasn't the future and they obviously felt that too. I'd have been annoyed if they just sacked him without any direction leaving O' Driscoll and Gary Mac in charge for a few games.

The timing of all this, especially if Klopp is announced tomorrow, is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/pjjcroker/status/652072890356076544
    Also...
    Glen Driscoll, Head of Performance - Leaving
    Chris Davies, Head of Opposition Analysis - Leaving
    (Paul Joyce)
    Both came over with Rodgers from Swansea.

Hearing some people talking about Klopps' gengenpressing, and mentioning how you need to win the ball back within 7 seconds and so on.

Pretty much exactly what Rodgers and people were saying when he first came to the Club, right?

I hope, and expect, Klopp to implement this far better and more consistently than we have seen thus far.

Turtyturd wrote: »

I see ITK Graeme Kelly fell for it.

ITK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Knex. wrote: »
    Hearing some people talking about Klopps' gengenpressing, and mentioning how you need to win the ball back within 7 seconds and so on.

Pretty much exactly what Rodgers and people were saying when he first came to the Club, right?

I hope, and expect, Klopp to implement this far better and more consistently than we have seen thus far.

my only doubts with this system is that in germany they had the winter break. I just cant see this system being implemented during a course of a whole premeirship season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The last time I was this excited with a change at Liverpool DIC were doing due diligence. We all know how that ended. :(

SIGN THE CONTRACT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

monkey9 wrote: »

ITK.

In fairness to him, hes always reliable and called this and Rodgers getting the sack spot on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ricero wrote: »

any chance there be one of these at melwood ?

Hoffenheim use them aswell so Firmino is well used to the machine.

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

CQyt_RJAWEAAWvkd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's getting to the stage where they are so embarrassed they'll start banning people for mentioning it.
    The last time Liverpool was showing signs of progress, a whole host of regular posters on this thread got banned from Boards.

I foresee something similar happening soon:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

ricero wrote: »
    my only doubts with this system is that in germany they had the winter break. I just cant see this system being implemented during a course of a whole premeirship season.

Having the ability to adapt and change your tactics as needed depending on different situations is what separates the wood from the chaff or the great coaches from the good coaches.

I guess we'll see what category Klopp falls into in due time.

But what a massive coup for the club, he would be at the moment the most sought after manager in World football.

The timing of all of this is perfect really. It's quite unbelievable how it has all fallen into place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Some rearranged fixtures.

Newcastle away now on sunday 6th Dec at 4pm
    Watford away now sunday Dec 20th at 1.30pm
    Sunderland away nowwednesday Dec 30th at 7.45pm

All on sky sports.

West Ham away sat Jan 2nd 12.45pm on BT sport.

Spurs game on Oct 17th is live on BT sports 12.45pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

My uncles brothers nephews best mates brothers girlfriend who works in Liverpool airport has just seen Gary monk get a taxi to anfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

My uncles brothers nephews best mates brothers girlfriend who works in Liverpool airport has just seen Gary monk get a taxi to anfield

My sources tell me fat Sam was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

ITK.

I heard Moley ITK is selling Klopp a dodgy-box for his new gaff. Half-price as it will help with the scouting and Moley is sound like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Welllllllllll My uncles brothers nephews best mates brothers girlfriend's dogs cousin's owners next door neighbour says that you sir must be ITK :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm sure you know exactly the point he was making.

Having some top class players is just step one to competing for the title. You then need to set everything up to wring every drop out of that talent, and everyone around them.

The way you talk about it, you'd swear that City didn't have Silva, Yaya Toure, Kompany and Aguero etc, that Chelsea didn't have Hazard, Oscar, Matic, Terry etc, that Utd didn't have De Gea, Mata, Vidic, Rooney, Van Persie etc.

All our competitors had undeniably better squads and first 11's. Having one player better than theirs doesn't give you a title challenge - it takes all your assets being utilized in the best way possible.

I think it's especially telling that we had a consistent improvement from when he joined until the end of season 2 - that comes down to working on finding the best ways for your players to compliment each other.

it's just blind ignorance to look at the passing and movement of our players and not recognize the work of the manager - Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling - their interplay didn't come from one guy being really good, it came from a ****load of work on the training ground. One guy doesn't pass his way through a team, cutting them open. A team working in unison does.

Rodgers built the perfect machine with the parts available at the time, and yeah, when the biggest cog left, he couldn't make the machine work anymore. But that doesn't remove the credit he should get for making that first machine.

You've always been ludicrously harsh on him, and frankly I don't understand it.

Only catching up now, this was an excellent post, I haven't seen anybody that believes it was just the Suarez show counter this post with a decent argument? Alan in particular who the post was aimed at, no response? It's a very tough post to counter in fairness, I'm sure most agree it's bang on.

Hit It!
    Nah, na na na nah

Here comes the Klopp-stepper, Jurgen Klopp
    I'm the tactical gangster, Jurgen Klopp
    Pick up the crew in-a de area, Jurgen Klopp
    Still love you like that, Jurgen Klopp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

It's easier to be wildly dismissive, especially when some evidently strong emotions are in play, than concede any ground or rationally analyse the evidence available. The way mad Alan talks you'd think Rodgers sat down and decided to speed up the ageing process of Gerrard and go off out offering Sterling and Suarez to the highest bidder. He probably thinks he lobbed a banana skin on the pitch for the famous Gerrard slip.

When players want to go, they go. Arguable he did very well to get one more highly productive year out of Suarez, evidently it wasn't going to happen with Sterling.

The replacements killed him off, but as has been mentioned something similar happened to Klopp at Hamburg. Rodgers biggest failing for me was the defence. If he had been less dismissive and we had a solid foundation at the back things could have been different for him, but he was naive and over confident about the fundamentals and it cost him dearly.

For his own sake I hope he takes a lesson from it and develops his defensive coaching style.

Gegenpress (buzzword of the month) sounds great, hopefully the defenders we have can apply it without going completely kamikaze. AVB at Spurs and Chelsea tried to play a pressing game where his teams defended up at the half way line and they were rountinely spliced open due to slow or dodgy defensive personnel. Sahko can be a bit "full blooded" at times, not sure we have a defender with enough composure to implement the system he wants to play? Maybe Gomez will thrive there. Illori? Not seen him play even for Villa yet.

It's like the bleedin' Eurovision in here today.

It's like the bleedin' Eurovision in here today.

great though isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hit It!
    Nah, na na na nah

Ex-tra-or-din-ar-y... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hit It!
    Nah, na na na nah

What goes in the place of Jurgen Klopp in these lyrics, I never could figure it out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement