Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Sky Sources can get ****ed we need an official announcement, we've been collectively edging one out for 4 days now, we need release!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

This is such a weird feeling

Everyone in England likes the Liverpool manager
    while......... everyone also HATES the Chelsea manager :D

Surely with all this excitement we will win the Champions league this season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

YES!

WOHOO!

Sitting in work here looking concentrated staring at the screen. Really i am doing mental backflips of joy.
    Time for a smoke break so I can skip around on the street.

really.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There will be no official announcement for a while. He may have agreed terms, but he hasn't physically signed a contract yet. Until he does that, Liverpoolfc.com will be utterly silent.

Sky Sources can get ****ed we need an official announcement, we've been collectively edging one out for 4 days now, we need release!!!

I cant hold out any longer. I am throwing my ring into the hype and believing he has signed.

If he ends up not signing then thats Mr.H getting very very drunk................. Hell Mr.H is getting drunk tonight anyway. Cmon the Ireland lets own all the Germans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ijuesu4w4vbsc1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

spockety wrote: »
    There will be no official announcement for a while. He may have agreed terms, but he hasn't physically signed a contract yet. Until he does that, Liverpoolfc.com will be utterly silent.

Barrett and a few others are suggesting it'll be announced tonight, unveiling tomorrow.

Edit: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-agrees-liverpool-fc-10222296

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm the KlippKloppopotamus
    My Lyrics are bottomless ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

something something stan boardman something something zee gerrmmmins are coming.

You're probably too young to remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My reaction after Klopp agrees to become Liverpool FC manager

interstellar-coop-cry-gif.gif

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    If he ends up not signing then thats Mr.H getting very very drunk................. Hell Mr.H is getting drunk tonight anyway. Cmon the Ireland lets own all the Germans

YamIWyY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oh Lord, I'm as excited as Elton John with a bag of pricks!!!

The dream appointment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think what I like about him the most is that he seems to be a very good football manager, who is now managing us, and will probably manage us quite well.

Klopp is German after all, there is no way someone who speaks German could be a bad guy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Time for some perch-knocking-off-ing!

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think what I like about him the most is that he seems to be a very good football manager, who is now managing us, and will probably manage us quite well.

I like his beard

X8Ufi_zps62cda975.gif

Rival fans atm.

razorblunt wrote: »

7mkYBNi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

razorblunt wrote: »

Who's on the perch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Klopp, agent and family left their home in Germany about 20 minutes ago. On their way! (skysports)
    oh yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

It's at times like this I enjoy Red Café.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://greatrednorth.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/run-hendo-run.gif

Stolen from RAWK :DD

Dam why won't it embed ?

Ben Smith

BBC Sport
    Posted at 14:59

Jurgen Klopp has agreed a three-year deal to become the new Liverpool manager.

No contract has yet been signed, but that is viewed as a formality when the former Borussia Dortmund manager arrives in the city this afternoon.
    Three year deal - that will do!

We are all a little too happy here at the moment. No one is fighting...................................

Surely one of the resident arguers could come in and try to argue with someone lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Three year deal - that will do!

Perfect.

Year one.... League title

Year two.... League and Champions league

Year three.... League, Champions league and FA cup.

Klopptastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Guardian

Jürgen Klopp has agreed to become Liverpool’s manager. He was on Thursday afternoon heading to the city to sign his deal to replace Brendan Rodgers.

Klopp, a two-times Bundesliga winner, accepted Liverpool’s offer after detailed talks with the club’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, over the management structure and his backroom staff. The 48-year-old’s former assistant at Dortmund, Zeljko Buvac, and analyst Peter Krawietz will join the German coach at Anfield, after Sean O’Driscoll and Gary McAllister lost their jobs as assistant manager and first-team coach, respectively.

FSG had previously failed to tempt Klopp from Dortmund in both 2010 and 2012, but the latest approach was the first concrete offer that has appealed since he ended his seven-year spell at the Westfalenstadion.

Klopp had been touted as Pep Guardiola’s potential successor at Bayern Munich next summer. But with uncertainty over whether Guardiola will extend his contract at the Allianz Arena, and whether Bayern regard Klopp as their preferred replacement, he has taken the challenge of reviving Liverpool’s fortunes and becoming the 20th manager in the club’s history.

He is due to be unveiled at Anfield on Friday, having accepted the continuation of FSG’s controversial transfer committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's at times like this I enjoy Red Café.

Never wanted him anyway I suppose.

Much prefer LVG.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I'm so happy I could kiss a robot

ns8SCo6O6g7nO.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Perfect.

Klopptastic
    Ah come on thats totally unrealistic...

He will win the europa year one too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

monkey9 wrote: »
    I hope we bring Gerrard back on loan so he can pick up a league winners medal to complete the set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Klopp to take a year break and be at Arsenal for the 2016/2017 season
    SantryRed wrote: »
    He may want a year break but I'm sure City will be lobbing absurd amounts of money at him to change his mind.
    Alan Pardew will be heading to Anfield. Klopp is too big for Liverpool.
    Have seen him linked with a few clubs honestly can't see him taking a big step down to Liverpool when the likes of City and Madrid will be fighting for him at seasons end

Reckon he'd be a lot better at Madrid than City for what it's worth but the fans are hostile in Madrid and he will surely need a bit of time to get the pressing machine ramped up

Liverpool are an option just like West Ham would be an option

I can only see him going to a bigger club like City or Madrid, even if he fails he'll still get a good job after like AVB going from Chelsea to Spurs. Fail at Liverpool and who would take him
    Looks like he's off to Fenerbahce

Would love to know his reasoning, it's not much of a test of his managerial abilities. Battling it out with Gala for the league and then being even more of an underdog than Dortmund in the CL (I know they aren't in it next season)
    If Rodgers doesn't get a win here there's surely no better time to get rid

If he's still in the job after a draw or loss you can assume Klopp or Ancelotti aren't the ones waiting in the wings to replace him, otherwise he would be gone

I'd say he's still in the job because nobody better is available, an interim manager could do even worse

Somebody like Capello could be a better shout than the dreamland Klopp and Ancelotti calls, he is a proven winner at least and would attract a better quality player than Liverpool currently possess

Not sure what his current occupational status is, I think the Russians sacked him. He seems to be available to whoever as long as they pay him well
    A great weekend, today was satisfyng

I also know a few Pool fans who think Klopp is actually a possibility which is some icing on the cake

Falcao up top against Hull please
    Yeah but if there is even a sniff of getting someone like Klopp LVG isn't going to be first choice for me
    Van Gaal is more of what we need now

I would take Klopp when things have settled, that will never happen if he manages Pool you'd think

jurgen-klopp-what-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'm the KlippKloppopotamus
    My Lyrics are bottomless ...

Sometimes when I move clubs...I lose....confidence....

MD1990 wrote: »
    jurgen-klopp-what-o.gif
    Post of the fcuking week right there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Rhythm Is A Dancer/ Jurgen Is The Gaffer

Jurgen is the gaffer,
    Attacking like a panzer,
    Gangenpressing everywhere.
    Lift your flags and voices,
    Free your mind and join us
    You can feel it, Anfield's air.

Klooooooopp, he's got passion
    Oh, you can feel it yeah
    Klooooopp, he's got passion
    Kloopppp. Kloooopp, Klopp.

Love it but I hope we don't attack like a panzer, sure tanks are slow lumbering behemoths. Sure they pack firepower and well defended but there two one paced.
    I'd prefer if we attacked like a light armoured division. Quick, mobile and good at exploiting gaps in defences.

Perfect.

Klopptastic

I'd settle for

Year one: 3rd/4th in league, a strong Europa league challenge, and a good cup run
    Year two: 2nd/3rd in league, Champions league knockouts, and a good cup run
    Year three: proper title challenge, good Champions league run and a good cup run

If in 3 years we havent won something I wouldnt be unhappy if this is the result of three years.

He isnt going to win the league over night and it would be unfair to expect him to do it within three years. If he just has us competing I will be happy.

Of course if/when he gets a new contract he will have to start winning actual trophies by year 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

MD1990 wrote: »
    jurgen-klopp-what-o.gif

That is too beautiful for words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Absolutely buzzing. He needs time like any other manager and we have a terrible run of games coming up....

But Jurgen Klopp is Liverpool manager! YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Love it but I hope we don't attack like a panzer, sure tanks are slow lumbering behemoths. Sure they pack firepower and well defended but there two one paced.
    I'd prefer if we attacked like a light armoured division. Quick, mobile and good at exploiting gaps in defences.

okey dokey buzz k.

Blitzkrieg, dumkopf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

All Klopp and no Klopp makes Klopp a Klopp Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Klopp is a very talented manager. At the moment Liverpool don't have a very talented team. It will be interesting but any sweeping changes will take time and even if he does a great job there are 4 teams with top managers in the league that he has to get through at the bare minimum to merely make it to CL. There's no guarantees with the current climate in the PL. This is the season to go for it with Chelsea struggling which may be playing on the Pool owner's minds but even this season there's Everton, Swansea and Southampton looking good, even if inconsistently.

It's shaping up for a very interesting season, that's for sure.

star-wars-celebrate.gif

The liverpool thread atm

I'm Han solo Obv .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, I'm afraid.

CQzQ4uNWgAAgywV.jpg
    at the airport

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No room for in the big multi quote the weird dude that said Moyes would be the main contender for the Liverpool job a few weeks ago and had Mick agreeing with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time to reset the Klopp at Liverpool.

I never doubted for one minute that Klopp wouldn't take the job if offered #KloppfortheKop.

randymarshjizznqfdt.jpg

Migs
    Clyne---Skrtel---Sakho---Moreno
    Lucas
    Milner
    Hendo
    Sturridge
    Coutinho
    Benteke

My predicted line up for Klopp when everyone is fit. I reckon it will be close to that.

Strong enough to get a top 4??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who's on the perch?

It's no more a perch these days than a telephone line full of birds really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Mr.H wrote: »

Migs
    Clyne---Skrtel---Sakho---Moreno
    Lucas
    Milner
    Hendo
    Sturridge
    Coutinho
    Benteke

My predicted line up for Klopp when everyone is fit. I reckon it will be close to that.

Strong enough to get a top 4??

What was his preferred formation at Dortmund?

Ausgezeichnet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement