Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It will be fascinating to see how Klopp utilises this squad.

I don't give a **** about how much someone cost, how well they've played previously, it's a new slate for every last player and I can't ****ing wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

joe123 wrote: »
    What was his preferred formation at Dortmund?

4-2-4-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mr.H wrote: »
    We are all a little too happy here at the moment. No one is fighting...................................

Surely one of the resident arguers could come in and try to argue with someone lol

Klopp out!

Does that work for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

"Paddy Crerand, Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex Ferguson, Shanotheslayer, SantryRed, OneEightSeven, Fred the Red, ....... Rayne Wooney, can you hear me? Rayne Wooney ........ your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Knex. wrote: »
    4-2-4-1.

Sneaky fecker with the extra player, we need more of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

CQzQ4uNWgAAgywV.jpg
    at the airport

They look like they are about to do an arms deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A live stream of Klopp leaving for Liverpool just ended.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1LyxBPkjVLrGN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Love it but I hope we don't attack like a panzer, sure tanks are slow lumbering behemoths. Sure they pack firepower and well defended but there two one paced.
    I'd prefer if we attacked like a light armoured division. Quick, mobile and good at exploiting gaps in defences.

ahem
    WIKI wrote: »

Blitzkrieg (German, "lightning war" listen (help·info)) is an anglicised term,[a] describing a method of warfare, whereby an attacking force spearheaded by a dense concentration of armoured and motorized or mechanized infantry formations with close air support, breaks through the opponent's line of defense by short, fast, powerful attacks and then dislocates the defenders, using speed and surprise to encircle them
    WIKI wrote: »
    In World War II, German Panzer forces used motorized mobility, to paralyze the opponent's ability to react. Fast-moving mobile forces seized the initiative, exploited weaknesses and acted before opposing forces could respond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Right then, I'm off to book somewhere to stay in Liverpool in May for our League win celebrations!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ausgezeichnet.

Bless you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp becomes manager of Liverpool

Sepp Blatter & Michel Platini suspended

Messi to stand trial for tax fraud

A great day for football now if Ireland can win tonight that just might top it off as one of the greatest I remember in years.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Bless you.

gesundheit these days

brevity wrote: »
    They look like they are about to do an arms deal.

I thought exactly the same thing!

He has a MIRV 2 in the boot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

To the rest of the league!

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Knex. wrote: »
    4-2-4-1.

hang on now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

MD1990 wrote: »
    jurgen-klopp-what-o.gif

You could say it's petty but my God that is excellent work. Enjoyed that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

hang on now!

shush.jpg?cb=5a24feb1fc34ae91ef87c304ba1c2318

Sneaky fecker with the extra player, we need more of that.

Fly Keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fly Keeper

Yeah, other teams only have 10 outfield players.

Wait a minute...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not going to celebrate yet not going to celebrate yet not goin...ah **** it:

YEOOOOOOW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've never seen such a collection of thank whoring cuntzzz in all my days.

Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Here is what I think Klopp might set us up

Mignolet
    Clyne----Skrtel----Lovren----Moreno
    Lucas----Henderson--
    Sturridge
    Firmino
    Coutinho
    Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Klopp lifts us up where we belong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Blitzkrieg, dumkopf!

Which used light armoured divisions,mgriund troops and air support to function effectively. And in fairness it worked best in Poland because the Polish were way behind in military tech and were using horses.
    It worked well in France,no my because of poor French generals, internal bickering and an over reliance on the Magoinet Line, which had left a major gap through the Ardennes where the Germans got through.
    There were twice as many aircraft used in the battle of Sudan as tanks in 1940 when the broke through the Ardennes.
    And the Luftwaffe did the majority of the damage as a lot of artillery and tanks were either bogged down or lacking adequate fire power.

Blitzkrieg relied heavilly on panic spread amongst defenders by retreating civilians. It also required the use of FM radios to coordinate attacks.

So panzers tanks were only a small part of the Blitkreig and the panzer III which was a major force in the earlier German victories had a top speed of only 23mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Uh huh, sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

4231 with his wide men coming inside and his wing backs getting forward a lot

Migs
    Clyne----Skrtel----Sakho----Moreno
    Lucas----Milner
    Hendo
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Beneteke

That would be his exact tactics with our side. But when attacking it changes to:

Migs
    Skrtel----Sakho
    Lucas
    Milner
    Clyne
    Moreno
    Hendo----Coutinho
    Sturridge----Beneteke

Only one of the wing backs go forward at any one time but they are expected to add goals.

Also when one wing back comes forward the wide man on that side comes inside leaving the other wide man out wide to provide width.

His golden rule is that when you lose the ball you need to try to win it back within 7 seconds. So he likes a lot of high tempo pressing from his front players.

Not sure if some players will adapt for Klopp. Dont think Sturridge will press enough. We probably need a better defensive mid. Dont know if our full backs can provide goals. Our Keeper needs a change. Hendo on the other hand could shine out wide coming in field. His crossing or passing for Benteke could be a great source of goals

tricky D wrote: »
    Klopp out!

Does that work for you?

Thats more like it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

PyZc9H9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5starpool wrote: »
    No room for in the big multi quote the weird dude that said Moyes would be the main contender for the Liverpool job a few weeks ago and had Mick agreeing with him?

I'd say M!ck is chuffed he's site banned now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

4-2-3-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Here is what I think Klopp might set us up

Mignolet
    Clyne----Skrtel----Lovren----Moreno
    Lucas----Henderson--
    Sturridge
    Firmino
    Coutinho
    Benteke

Training Cone
    Clyne---Sakho---Moreno
    Lucas
    Can----Hendo---Milner
    --Sturridge-Coutinho-Firmino
    Benteke

It also required the use of FM radios to coordinate attacks.

This was the biggest difference in the tanks between the countries at the time!
    Not exactly cutting edge, but made all the difference when changing points of attack.

Eh, I mean, YAY KLOPP! :p

Which used light armoured divisions,mgriund troops and air support to function effectively. And in fairness it worked best in Poland because the Polish were way behind in military tech and were using horses.
    It worked well in France,no my because of poor French generals, internal bickering and an over reliance on the Magoinet Line, which had left a major gap through the Ardennes where the Germans got through.
    There were twice as many aircraft used in the battle of Sudan as tanks in 1940 when the broke through the Ardennes.
    And the Luftwaffe did the majority of the damage as a lot of artillery and tanks were either bogged down or lacking adequate fire power.

Blitzkrieg relied heavilly on panic spread amongst defenders by retreating civilians. It also required the use of FM radios to coordinate attacks.

So panzers tanks were only a small part of the Blitkreig and the panzer III which was a major force in the earlier German victories had a top speed of only 23mph.

Owayn's taking crazy to the Klopp level.

Time for a big helping of Klopp the fcuk on for the rest of the league. And for those who said Liverpool were akin to West Ham, Jurgen to regret that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Still hasn't won a game.

#kloppout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

And now Jurgunna believe us etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Just watched this video that someone posted recently. It is genuinely upsetting to watch back alot of those wins from the "The Suarez season" after not winning the title that year. Margins are so tight in football sometimes, Rodger's could have been a God in Liverpool for the rest of his life if he had just drawn one game with Chelsea back in that season, now he will be nothing but a footnote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We should have kept Brendan Rodgers on for longer. We need to be realistic about where Liverpool is, a mid table club. Klopp is never coming to Liverpool. Gary Monk.

Here lads, do you's remember when Hicks and Gillette owned the club and Roy Hodgson was manager. :D:D

monkey9 wrote: »
    Here lads, do you's remember when Hicks and Gillette owned the club and Roy Hodgson was manager. :D:D

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That post is brilliant, and I'd say it's only a fraction of the rubbish he's posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

mormank wrote: »
    Just watched this video that someone posted recently. It is genuinely upsetting to watch back alot of those wins from the "The Suarez season" after not winning the title that year. Margins are so tight in football sometimes, Rodger's could have been a God in Liverpool for the rest of his life if he had just drawn one game with Chelsea back in that season, now he will be nothing but a footnote.

Still would of lost the league by a point...just saying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm ****ing ecstatic with this appointment.... :):D

Until he takes off his Mask tomorrow in the press conference and Moyes is under there... ;(

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That post is brilliant, and I'd say it's only a fraction of the rubbish he's posted.

Sure Liverpool is an option the way West Ham are an option. LOL!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Turtyturd wrote: »

Just a note, when he gets wind of that post just abandon the thread. I quizzed him on it in another thread the other day and the amount of flip flopping was embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

POKERKING wrote: »
    Still would of lost the league by a point...just saying!

Probably not. We lost a 3 goal lead at Palace trying to score 10, that wouldn't have happened if we just needed a win (as opposed to a hammering)

brevity wrote: »
    Tanks.

You'd wanna thread lightly now.

Tank whores!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement