Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Liam O wrote: »
    Not sure what it has to do with United fans.

Do Barcelona fans care that much when Espanyol get a new manager?

Friendly rivalry - Always fun to see the inevitable envy when you get a marquee signing/big win etc.

I listened to plenty of it when the likes of ADM, Shweinsteiger were signed. It's all part of it!

Wasn't aimed at you buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not sure what Barcelona and Espanyol have to do with the Klopp appointment.

But yeah, United fans do seem to care, at least going by what's been said on boards over the past few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »
    Press conference announced for tomorrow at 10am.

Any idea what it's about?

That Costa deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Feigned apathy is bad for the soul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

kildare75 wrote: »
    on this day of days, I think it is important that we remember how close we almost came to winning the league under Brendan, playing some unbelievable football, but alas it wasn't to be.
    Brendan should be remembered fondly for his efforts, as he got us damn close to the holy grail. Ultimately faith went against him.
    Now its up to Jurgen to make us believe and dream once more,
    and I for one have a big stupid smile on my face all day today, God knows how ill be tomorrow after the press conference, but feck it, its been a great few days to be a supporter of a club, that means so much to so many people, and one that can now perhaps get back to where we should be, challenging for major honours.
    In Jurgen I believe :)
    YNWA

Nice words. I have no doubt that Rodgers will get a terrific reception at Anfield, when he returns again. He certainly deserves that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

x43r0 wrote: »
    Friendly rivalry - Always fun to see the inevitable envy when you get a marquee signing/big win etc.

I listened to plenty of it when the likes of ADM, Shweinsteiger were signed. It's all part of it!

Wasn't aimed at you buddy

Ah I know, the celebrating as if merely having Klopp changes the state of the squads or their positions in the totem seem a bit premature to be shoving in people's faces is all, a lot of that happening today. It's an interesting appointment but merely having Klopp wont change anything in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

10am Anfield Press Room
    John Henry walks out and announces Jurgen Klopp as the new manager

10.01am
    no sign of Klopp

10.02am
    Henry is clearly embarrassed

10.03am
    Everyone's attention is diverted to the Warrior 'we come not to fight' poster just to the right of Henry

10.04am
    Klopp explodes through the poster with a flying kick and shouts out 'Ves ve facking do kam to vight and now it's blitzkrieg time'.

10.05am
    Henry and Klopp jump towards each other and the deal is set with a high 5

Right because Barcelona=Man U

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Given they're 2 of the 3 biggest clubs in the world it's closer than United and Liverpool- HAHAHA etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

nice try. But Espanyol don't have more European Cups than Barca so comparing them with Man Utd/Liverpool is way off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

When was the last time Espanyol appointed a manager that 95+% of Barca fans wanted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Given they're 2 of the 3 biggest clubs in the world it's closer than United and Liverpool- HAHAHA etc...

?width=630&version=2375379

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We are so like Barcelona ,
    **stamps feet**

parenting1.jpg

your cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd fans pretending they don't care about the Klopp signing is completely and utterly ridiculous.

You can talk all you want about Liverpool not being a threat, being midtable etc etc etc, but Utd fans will always care about what happens at Liverpool and Liverpool fans will always care about what happens at Utd.

neither club's fans wants to see good things happen to the other club.

Just embrace it.

i fúcking hated that Utd got Schweinsteiger.
    i fúcking hated that Utd signed Mata.
    i fúcking loved it when Utd got Moyes, and then Moyes proceeded to be shít.
    i fúcking hated it when he was sacked.
    i fúcking hated it when LVG took over.
    i fúcking hated it when Fergie didn't retire when he first said he would.

you get the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ah I know, the celebrating as if merely having Klopp changes the state of the squads or their positions in the totem seem a bit premature to be shoving in people's faces is all, a lot of that happening today. It's an interesting appointment but merely having Klopp wont change anything in the short term.

Its a good job most of us are in it for the long run then, thats usually how supporting a club works.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was going to say that we should all calm down and not get carried away, but feck it, it's great to see so much outright positivity across the board in here and everyone on the same page pretty much.

There will be plenty of time to calm down once it becomes apparent how big a job Klopp has on his hands (although I hope that point isn't reached).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd fans pretending they don't care about the Klopp signing is completely and utterly ridiculous.

You can talk all you want about Liverpool not being a threat, being midtable etc etc etc, but Utd fans will always care about what happens at Liverpool and Liverpool fans will always care about what happens at Utd.

Just embrace it.

you get the point.

With you, except for Schweinsteiger who is just all sorts of meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kildare75 wrote: »
    on this day of days, I think it is important that we remember how close we almost came to winning the league under Brendan, playing some unbelievable football, but alas it wasn't to be.
    Brendan should be remembered fondly for his efforts, as he got us damn close to the holy grail. Ultimately faith went against him.
    Now its up to Jurgen to make us believe and dream once more,
    and I for one have a big stupid smile on my face all day today, God knows how ill be tomorrow after the press conference, but feck it, its been a great few days to be a supporter of a club, that means so much to so many people, and one that can now perhaps get back to where we should be, challenging for major honours.
    In Jurgen I believe :)
    YNWA

38 - 4 in those 10 games, mental stuff.

Onwards and upwards to mad stuff of a different kind.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Apparently 35k people used flight tracker to follow Klopps flight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Delighted with Klopp being appointed. Could be special! Looking damn forward to our next game. Which is a first in a long time now.

SlickRic wrote: »

Just embrace it.

you get the point.

That Barcelona and Espanyol comment was a bit bitter in hindsight, obviously I care as Klopp is my favourite manager and Liverpool are one of the most talked about teams in the country but this celebrating and rubbing it in United fans faces the same as when you almost won the league is ridiculously silly behaviour imo. It doesn't change the current relative status of the clubs.

• Advertisement

Its a good job most of us are in it for the long run then, thats usually how supporting a club works.

So then surely the celebrating and rubbing it in rival fans faces should be saved for the times that there is something to rub in their face, not right after sacking your manager.

Couldn't care about Liverpool, announces aforementioned couldn'tcarelessness in the Liverpool superthread the day Klopp signs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Apparently 35k people used flight tracker to follow Klopps flight.

I was one, sad, I know.... :)

That Barcelona and Espanyol comment was a bit bitter in hindsight, obviously I care as Klopp is my favourite manager and Liverpool are one of the most talked about teams in the country but this celebrating and rubbing it in United fans faces the same as when you almost won the league is ridiculously silly behaviour imo. It doesn't change the current relative status of the clubs.
    Its alot of Man Utds fans own fault. We were told for months that we were too small of a club & dreaming thinking Klopp would join us. We are only 3 points behind Top 4 with one the best managers in the world joining us & with Man Utd looking unconvincing its obvious Man Utd fans are very worried & it feels great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

That both are targeting a top 4 finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Ah here, let them worry about their own problems. It's all kloppy in here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chances of Liverpool playing Dortmund in the Europa League this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ings out of Estonia game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

On Klopp's instructions?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    On Klopp's instructions?

He was a doubt all week. Ings autocorrects to Wings on my phone. Red Bull gives you Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Red-Pandas-Having-Fun-in-Fresh-Snow.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

So then surely the celebrating and rubbing it in rival fans faces should be saved for the times that there is something to rub in their face, not right after sacking your manager.

Some fans were giving it loads about us being a mid table small club, some even compared us to WHU, great banter sure, but they are the people that are getting some of it back. All clean fun anyway.

This appointment could be huge for LFC, IMO its a major coup and definitely something to be celebrated. Would you not agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

^^ Class song from a class album

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

This place today

oalpzddquvz6ve0w.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Suicidal Tendencies just boosted this thread's rating.

'all I wanted was a Klopp, just one Klopp'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hot off the presses, on his way to L4

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/4906b3a511c1efd3a742dc64a9d7cfe29468ada4/0_0_2014_1227/master/2014.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&

can anyone see this pic cos I cant! :pac:

link now worky

oh bugger!

Look, its Klopp and three others in a car close up, so it could be anywhere really!

nothing-to-see-here.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hot off the presses, on his way to L4

2014.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&

can anyone see this pic cos I cant! :pac:

Nope, maybe just link to the Guardian article it came from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Has it been confirmed?

If so then fair play to the club. Liverpool have surprised me, more Klopp has surprised me by taking the job I suppose but fair play to all involved. On paper quite the coup for the club and a man who could potentially lead Liverpool to success.

The board deserve their credit in this instance.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

watching-figure-skating-every-time-the-commentator-yells-in-excitement-about-something-87329.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Oh Klopptain, my Klopptain

r0KhBEb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

watching that vid,the rodgers nearly year .. how good did sterling look then..not because of suarez,he just looked alive and excited,whats happened to him ?

also stevies tears after city game,for him the local lad club captain,it must have felt that the holy grail was arriving and he was crown prince of liverpool .. for what happened to happen to him i feel so sorry for him,i said at the time it would finish him.

and now his stupid book ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Gary Mac has done exceptionally well to get an ambassadorial role when he only played 2 seasons for the club. Not begrudging him. He seems like a nice guy, a really hard worker, and I really like him. Just saying, those are usually the kinds of roles reserved for people who are almost part of the fabric of a club, Fowler, Carragher, Gerrard, Giggs, Scholes etc...But fair play to him...genuinely!

zippy84 wrote: »
    This place today

oalpzddquvz6ve0w.gif
    Perluigi Collina looks to be enjoying his retirement. Top class referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Gary Mac has done exceptionally well to get an ambassadorial role when he only played 2 seasons for the club. Not begrudging him. He seems like a nice guy, a really hard worker, and I really like him. Just saying, those are usually the kinds of roles reserved for people who are almost part of the fabric of a club, Fowler, Carragher, Gerrard, Giggs, Scholes etc...But fair play to him...genuinely!

He deserves it for one season alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hey ho, let's Klopp! Hey ho, let's Klopp!
    Hey ho, let's Klopp! Hey ho, let's Klopp !

They're running in between the lines
    They're utilising through balls
    The Mancs are losing their minds
    The Blitzkrieg Klopp

We're all dancing on our seat
    They're generating red heat
    Pulsating to the back beat
    The Blitzkrieg Klopp

Hey ho, let's Klopp
    Shoot'em in the net now
    They're not taking, any bets now
    Were all revved up and ready to go

They're running in between the lines
    They're utilising through balls
    The Mancs are losing their minds
    The Blitzkrieg Klopp

We're all dancing on our seat
    They're generating red heat
    Pulsating to the back beat
    The Blitzkrieg Klopp

Hey ho, let's Klopp
    Shoot'em in the net now
    They're not taking, any bets now
    Were all revved up and ready to go

We have a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Call me crazy, but I feel like referring to "Blitzkrieg" in a song about our German manager isn't in the best of taste.:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement