Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

noodler wrote: »
    Utd were fairly poor today. Average at best.

Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Word is Klopp won't be available until next summer anyway who becomes manager until then?

Stevie G? :pac:

Nah, it's anyone's guess to be honest. Hopefully Henry sees some sense and even gives Klopp a ring and offers a hefty wage package. If he declines well there's nothing much to do but stick with BR or else hope that Ancelotti recovers from his surgery and is up for a challenge here.

If they go with Monk, I'll genuinely fear for the future of the club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Word is Klopp won't be available until next summer anyway who becomes manager until then?

Anyone who has followed Klopp is sure he would be interested in the Liverpool job. Rafael Honigstein has said this a very reliable German journalist.

Not a chance Klopp is coming to Liverpool. Time to wake up. It's more likely Pardew or Monk, thats the reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not a chance Klopp is coming to Liverpool. Time to wake up. It's more likely Pardew or Monk, thats the reality

Definitely a chance it could happen imo. More of a chance than Pardew or Monk. I think De Boer would have a great chance too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MD1990 wrote: »
    Definitely a chance it could happen imo. More of a chance than Pardew or Monk. I think De Boer would have a great chance too.

What you basing this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Ah seriously. Klopp **** off. Midtable **** off. All talk of changing manager **** off.

We are stuck with Rodgers until Xmas at least so deal with it.
    That game today was pretty much same as last year, we lack any conviction, committment, passion and gameplan. Rodgers seems to lack the ability to motivate and get the best from his players in a big game. Make no doubt about it, United are no great shakes but today we were a shambles. They were better on the ball, better in possession, more aggressive out of possession and had a gameplan. They crossed plenty balls into the box and basically played football!!!

We gave away possession so poorly/easily it was hard to watch at times.

I am so disappointed but not cos we lost, but cos of the lack of ability our players showed, the lack of balls, the lack of belief and mostly the lack of creativity. Rodgers needs to have a serious look at his team. Question why he cannot get the most from them. I don't care that they lost, i care that we never looked at matching United in any department over 90 mins.

It's just not good enough. Rolling over and playing like dickheads when it matters. United are not a great team, but we made them look like superstars today. Shameful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The players and Rodgers need a firm kick in the Gooch! Multiple times.

Seriously, no matter how poor we have played during a season, when a rival game comes around we regain that fire and bite and generally play well, even if we don't win. That wasn't there at all today. Almost seemed amateur-ish. The only light I saw was Bentekes goal but the rest is all negatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RasTa wrote: »
    Lloyd, how does it feel to be a Liverpool fan these days buddy?

I'll admit it's pretty ****. Peaks and troughs - sure you know yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus. One win against the Pool and they're back swingin' with the big dicks again, is it?

;)

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus. One win against the Pool and they're back swingin' with the big dicks again, is it?

;)

People I haven't seen or heard from in months are about today. Cute.

It's the bad blood "rivalry" I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What makes you think that?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    What makes you think that?

I think Klopp would have a choice of a club involved in the CL come the summer.

Pardew probably not but I think FSG will go for the up and coming manager rather than the established. Monk or Koeman.

We need a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The club could get Klopp IMO, its still an attractive project despite the lack of CL. The owners just need to sell the project to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

brevity wrote: »
    The club could get Klopp IMO, its still an attractive project despite the lack of CL. The owners just need to sell the project to him.

He's indicated that CL football isn't a requirement for him, and he'd happily take a club around our level. He's always spoke highly of Liverpool and I think he sees similarities between ourselves and Dortmund.

He might take the job, he might not, but I really hope Henry at least contacts him about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I have lost all confidence that Rodgers can turn us around. The more he puts his stamp on things the less we look like the side he finished 2nd with. I would have thought he would have tried to emulate that side instead of his Swansea side but sadly no.

I was willing to write off last season in the hope that he'd get us back to that fast attacking successful football that we played. This season looks like a continuation of last season.

If you're looking to try and solve what is going wrong at Liverpool and see that we've brought in new players and new backroom staff and that hasn't worked then the next logical step is to look at the manager. Is he getting the best out of the players he has, getting his tactics right etc etc He seems to have lost his groove completely, and 3+ years on we have no style of play whatsoever.

We are just wasting our time with BR. It gives me no pleasure to say it. I would have liked to see him kick this team on when we finished second, its looking more and more like he doesn't have what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

What will it take though for them to boot him out? That's what I want to know. Just how bad does it have to get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Liverpool are an absolute joke. What team could possible spend hundreds upon hundred upon hundreds of million over the last 10 years or so, and continually have absolutely nothing to show for it every season except mediocre rubbish that they continually fork out 20-30 million for? Liverpool have absolutely no excuse for their continued failure. Like when they spend 30 million on a rubbish player or hire another mediocre manager, do they ever stop and think "would this guy get in the United, Barca, Bayern starting 11? When United were doing rubbish they went out and bought quality players and showed ambition. What do Liverpool do? Spend 20/30/40/50 million of some average English player who had one good season at Blackpool or So'ton, that in the grand scheme of things isn't going to win you league's and the dogs on the street could tell you that. I don't support Liverpool but I do like to see them do well, but I've absolutely no sympathy left for them anymore. They deserve all the failure that comes their way due to the continued incompetence from top to bottom for the last 20 years

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Rodgers has to get the road now, 100%. No indication whatsoever that he can turn this around. It feels like a continuation of last season, that there never was a summer break, straight from Palace and Stoke, with 2 lucky wins against Bournemouth and Stoke, followed by more of the usual. That gives all the reason you need that Rodgers needs to leave, exact same displays on the pitch with 5 new players in the team today, the problem isn't the players, it's the manager and tactics, the bizarre persistance with 4-3-3 despite being choc-a-bloc with CAM's and strikers, yet sending Markovic, a winger, out on loan over the summer. He had a chance to buy the players he wanted over the summer yet today Gomez, Milner, Firmino and Ings were out of position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

For anyone worried about change of manager mid season, they'd do well to remember the effect Kenny had on the team after hodgson was booted out. Within a couple of games of him taking over we went from being a disorganised, spiritless shambles to a free flowing attacking and winning team for rest of that season. The performances of late have been quite hodgson-esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Ye kick Rodgers out and sign another mediocre manager, who buys more mediocre players and spends 200 million in the process

I've absolutely no sympathy left for them anymore.

Ah, crap. We were really relying on that, some guy. This day just gets worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So our next six fixtures:
    Bordeaux-Liverpool.
    Liverpool-Norwich.
    Liverpool-Carlisle.
    Liverpool-Villa.
    Liverpool-Sion.
    Everton-Liverpool.

Nothing too frightening there, should be at least six points in the league, four points in Europe and through to the next round of the league cup.

I also want to see the 4-3-3 binned (even though it looks well balanced on paper) and a return to the diamond or even five at the back. Its clear as day that Benteke needs more support, whether thats Ings or Origi, I dont really care. I still think Gomez hasn't done too badly but he might need a little break because of his age.

This is what I be looking at.
    Mig
    Clyne--Skrtel--Sakho--Gomez/Moreno
    Lucas
    --Henderson--Milner
    Coutinho
    ---Ings/Origi----Benteke

Mig
    -Gomez/Loveren/Kolo--Skrtel--Sakho
    Clyne
    Moreno
    Henderson--Milner
    Coutinho
    ---Ings/Origi
    Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't believe that for a second. By all accounts he's interested. Big club, soon to be 50,000+ stadium. Fanatical support and the owners are willing to spend some money. I actually think there's plenty of talent in that squad when everyone is fit and available.

I don't think he'll be approached though. The owners seemed wedded to Rodgers as he is to Dejan Lovren unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ye kick Rodgers out and sign another mediocre manager, who buys more mediocre players and spends 200 million in the process

I much preferred you when you were The Golden Shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Liverpool are an absolute joke. What team could possible spend hundreds upon hundred upon hundreds of million over the last 10 years or so, and continually have absolutely nothing to show for it every season except mediocre rubbish that they continually fork out 20-30 million for? Liverpool have absolutely no excuse for their continued failure. Like when they spend 30 million on a rubbish player or hire another mediocre manager, do they ever stop and think "would this guy get in the United, Barca, Bayern starting 11? When United were doing rubbish they went out and bought quality players and showed ambition. What do Liverpool do? Spend 20/30/40/50 million of some average English player who had one good season at Blackpool or So'ton, that in the grand scheme of things isn't going to win you league's and the dogs on the street could tell you that. I don't support Liverpool but I do like to see them do well, but I've absolutely no sympathy left for them anymore. They deserve all the failure that comes their way due to the continued incompetence from top to bottom for the last 20 years

Yeah United went out and spent a ****e load of money....and just about managed CL qualification. Mainly because of a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Yeah United went out and spent a ****e load of money....and just about managed CL qualification. Mainly because of a keeper.

Aye, a successful season based on the performances of one player, unheard of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

While there are some things here that I don't agree with, I think the general point you make is spot on.

Aye, a successful season based on the performances of one player, unheard of!

Not sure who you're referring to, I assume Luis Suarez? He only cost £20m, and we nearly won the league.

I couldn't really give a sh1t anyway, United got the job done last season assuming CL qualification was the sole target, and that's all that matters. But I'm not having someone coming into this thread and lecturing about poor spending when there's a question mark over his own team's spending (I'm assuming Golden Miller is a United fan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Spurs!

Either go for continuity and a long term project or just keep firing the manager every year till you get lucky.

Spurs went option B and even when it worked and they got CL, it couldn't last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'll be glad to see the back of Rodgers tbh, had enough of the bullshít and poor performances over the last 10-12 games! The defending yesterday for all 3 goals was completely shambolic.

We're nothing but mid table mediocrity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I feel strangely calm today.

The writing is on the wall. He won't last past this season. He is found out. This season may turn into a write off, especially with our inevitable inability to juggle domestic affairs with the Europe League.

The fans are also pretty much united now. The vast majority know the story.

It's a matter of when, rather than if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gosplan wrote: »
    Spurs!

Either go for continuity and a long term project or just keep firing the manager every year till you get lucky.

Spurs went option B and even when it worked and they got CL, it couldn't last.

Rodgers has had three full seasons and spent a quarter of a billion on players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It only took 5 games into the season for the people who were willing to give Rodgers a chance after last seasons disaster to see when an absolute fraud he is. The guy is not only a fraud but a man who blamed last season on his coaches and had no problem in throwing them under the bus which led to their dismissals, he is a fraud and a scumbag. The turning point of this disastrous run was the United game at Anfield last season. I posted a few weeks later that he had lost the dressing room after this shambolic performance and I was ridiculed, it's crystal clear that this was the case, the players don't know what to do and look like they don't give a shyte (FA Cup semi versus Villa was a massive eye opener). LFC fans have stopped drinking the Kool Aid and have come to the realization that Rodgers hasn't a fcuking clue what he is doing. The solution is simple, sack him and pay him off because the damage he is doing will stop us from getting into the lucrative Champuons League for years. The biggest worry isn't Rodgers though, it's the owners. If they are not willing to sack such a clueless manager who is destroying the team, we are well and truly fcuked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

^ No need for me to post, Tipsy sums it up perfectly. F*** Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The use of the word 'scumbag' is a bit strong there to be fair!

I was on the fence even though like Tipsy said I also felt he had lost the dressing room last season.

I always said this is THE season for Rodgers for better or worse. So far he is failing miserably.

The last ace he can play is Sturridge at this stage, and we all know that's not a card to be putting the house on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

kfallon wrote: »

Agreed totally .... I can't stand Rodgers but to call him that is fairly pathetic.

kfallon wrote: »

Scumbag is strong but I've always found him to be an unpleasant character in his treatment of certain players. The only player that has left with anything good to say about him is Suarez and I'd say that's because Brendan would have been doing a fair bit of licking.

Now that I think about it, has Stevie G said much about him?

Not to go all Dunphy on him either but he also left his wife to shack up with a young one. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Scumbag is strong but I've always found him to be an unpleasant character in his treatment of certain players. The only player that has left with anything good to say about him is Suarez and I'd say that's because Brendan would have been doing a fair bit of licking.

Now that I think about it, has Stevie G said much about him?

Not to go all Dunphy on him either but he also left his wife to shack up with a young one. :pac:
    Gerrard stated if he'd met Rodgers earlier in his career he might have won a lot more which is a serious endorsement in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Rodgers being sacked would not be knee-jerk, he's had over three years now and the team looks disjointed and disinterested, some people are going on like the club are firing managers every year. At this point as much as I'd like to see Klopp, Ancelotti or Garcia manage the club I'd be fine with the likes of Monk managing. Sticking with Rodgers is not going to miraculously improve the team, a basic 4-4-2 formation with the players playing in their best positions would be good to see at the moment.

Eh, no thanks to Monk. We don't need to go the Young potential route again. We need a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Firmino - how do people feel about him? I'm still far far far from convinced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Dont cod yourself into thinking we will beat norwich, they just beat bournmouth 3-1, whereas we technically lost 1-0 at home to them

It's always a bad sign when you're calling wins, 'technical losses'

Actually, it's not a sign of anything...it's just really stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

D'Agger wrote: »
    Gerrard stated if he'd met Rodgers earlier in his career he might have won a lot more which is a serious endorsement in fairness

The counter argument to a personal endorsement would be to look at the stats. After 7 or so years as a manager his only honour is the championship playoff trophy 2010/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Eh, no thanks to Monk. We don't need to go the Young potential route again. We need a winner.
    Would you be happy to stick with Rodgers if a manager like Klopp or Ancelotti is not available, or would not join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

8-10 wrote: »

He would appear to have the pedigree but hasn't shown it yet. That may because he's adapting to the league, he's not being managed correctly and/or he's short of fitness and sharpness. I was hoping for an early, positive impact from him but he's been on the periphery thus far. Regardless it's too soon to judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not convinced, but he's being asked to play on the wing in a team that is broken in terms of how we use the ball in a foreign league.

He could thrive in a functioning team.

There are so many faults with Rodgers' game to argue right now that bringing something like this up is just pointless and nobody's business, really.

• Advertisement

Not everyone can settle instantly like Clyne and Gomez (though the latter has regressed in the last 3 games) so I find it hard to judge Firmino.

BUT, from what I've seen, my gut isn't telling me anything good. He's comparable to Coutinho: shows Flashes, has a shot on him but can fade out of games. Some will say happy days if he's another Coutinho but for the money spent I would have hoped for a player a little different.

Ever since we lost Suarez we've been crying for an attacker with an explosive and combative nature. That's what I would have liked to have seen for the money spent but unfortunately I don't see those qualities in Firmino.

I'd be fearful that he's another luxury buy that we didn't necessarily need.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement