Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The best part of the press conference was when he said;

"i met with FSG, and they are all cool guys, John, Tom and Mike. It was a great conversation. Ian was there also."

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The best part of the press conference was when he said;

"i met with FSG, and they are all cool guys, John, Tom and Mike. It was a great conversation. Ian was there also."

Haha

In fairness, Ian Ayre is Liverpool not FSG.

murpho999 wrote: »

I know that; I meant he said the other lads were cool and Ian was there also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

God this is just so ****ing great isn't it? I'm having a bad week and just reading some of those quotes perks me right up. Sport is a wonderful thing lads, it really is.

But for the first time in a long time I feel like we can all get behind something. For the first time in 5+ years we have a manager of the appropriate stature and standing in the modern game for this club. I remember the day Hodgson was appointed and how angry I was. How ****ing furious I was when we appointed Rodgers, and how sad I was at the things being said about Kenny's second spell. The second half of 2010 / 11 and 2013 / 14 were great hopeful periods for different reasons - but they were brief dots of land in a general sea of utter nonsense.

Here's the thing - Klopp may fail. He absolutely might. But all the club can ever do is appoint the best managers available (ala Benitez in 2004) and try to sign the best players available (we have work to do there quite obviously). So well done to FSG, and I might temper my view on them keeping Rodgers in the summer just a bit if they were waiting for Klopp to feel ready before making their move.

This is a great day lads, a great day. I'm excited to see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I am in man love.....

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I only dip into the Man U thread now and then, and it's gas when I do.

Constantly talking about other teams. This time Klopp is over rated and won't hang around as he wants the Bayern job.

Even Anfield got a knock as one idiot doesn't know the difference between world renowned and world class.

I seriously don't get this mentality that everything about your own club is great and perfect and all your opponents are rubbish. Childish stuff.

This made me giggle
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Klopps gonna be epic for the soundbites if nothing else. 'World renowned stadium' . 45k with poles blocking the view. Kinda like Thurles only Thurles can hold more people

You can feel the jealousy oozing out of his post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I only dip into the Man U thread now and then, and it's gas when I do.

Constantly talking about other teams. This time Klopp is over rated and won't hang around as he wants the Bayern job.

O the irony of giving out about other teams talking about other teams in their superthreads, while posting about other teams in his own superthread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Ayre is just a hired employee of FSG like Klopp, the players and all staff. FSG own the club and write the cheques. Liverpool is FSG's and FSG's alone. We are fans/customers. Simples. :D

• Advertisement

I just treated myself to some homemade jam and toast. What a day lads, what a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

O the irony of giving out about other teams talking about other teams in their superthreads, while posting about other teams in his own superthread

Eh, I'm not talking about the team at all actually, but other posters and you seem to have the same understandiing of irony as Alanis Morrisette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I thought it would be normal for other fans to be talking about Klopp and Liverpool. This is an absolute coup, and of course you'll have other fans getting bitter and post ridiculous stuff. In one ear out the other for me. ****ing delighted we got Klopp.

All that matters is Liverpool have finally got their **** together after years of settling for mediocrity. Upgrade on the stadium, upgrade on the manager, decent squad needing a few quality upgrades but definitely something to work with. Lot of hard work, of course it may not work out but we've positioned ourselves in the best possible way. All thats left to do now is let him work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Flanagan can get back to full fitness I think he will have a part to play under Klopp too. Reading Suarez & Gerrard's book they rate him very highly. You need players like him in the squad someone who really lives & breathes Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This made me giggle

You can feel the jealousy oozing out of his post.

That lad has an awful hard on about Anfield, he must have been beaten up inside it or something.

For those who care, Klopp is German as we know, but in Dutch, which is a closely related language, Klopp translates as "Beating".

I think that's a great name for a manager.

For those who care, Klopp is German as we know, but in Dutch, which is a closely related language, Klopp translates as "Beating".

And, coincidentally, "Jurgen" is Scouse for "You're getting a"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Klopp Klopp
    Klopp Klopp Klopp Klopp
    Klopp Klopp Klopp Klopp
    Klopp Klopp Theeeerrree's no limit!!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched the press conference (cheers Knex) .. what a legend - loved the line about the English press :p

THEN I SAW KLOPP'S FACE
    NOW I'M A BELIEVER
    NOT A TRACE
    OF DOUBT IN MY MIND
    I'M IN LOVE 😍 OOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Like "You boys took one hell of a KLOPP!"

How can a small club with crap players, supporters and now an overrated manager win the title in 4 years?
    I have this noted for future reference. Think u could get the Rayne Wooney treatment in the future;)

THEN I SAW KLOPP'S FACE
    NOW I'M A BELIEVER
    NOT A TRACE
    OF DOUBT IN MY MIND
    I'M IN LOVE 😍 OOOOOO

Feck, my grip on the Eurovision trophy is slipping. Must get back in the game.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I have this noted for future reference. Think u could get the Rayne Wooney treatment in the future;)

He was joking, MD :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just watched the press conference (cheers Knex) .. what a legend - loved the line about the English press :p

Just listened to it. All the right notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4Es-MY9O4

We got the Klopp
    You got the Klopp
    We cook the rocks
    You took the smack
    Oh yeah

We got the Klopp
    You got the Klopp
    We took the yellow ones
    You took the black
    Uh huh

We got the Klopp
    (We got the Klopp, can't be beat)
    I got the Klopp
    (Got it off the back of a toilet seat)
    You got the Klopp
    (Shake your hips, mind your feet)
    Oh yeah

We got the Klopp
    You got the Klopp
    We got the Klopp!

(still a work in progress!!!)

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Feck, my grip on the Eurovision trophy is slipping. Must get back in the game.

He only changed 1 word, not exactly Lennon/McCartney! :D

Too many Klopps will spoil the stew.

He was joking, MD :pac:
    so was I :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Stop the Klopp, stop the Klopp
    Stop the Klopp, stop the Klopp
    Can't stop the Klopp, you can't stop the Klopp
    Stop the Klopp, stop the Klopp, stop the Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Too many Klopps will spoil the stew.

We sold Downing two years ago. No need to worry about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good news with Aguero's hammy going last night, esp with Sturridge safely at home (hopefully in bed).

• Advertisement

Ground Control to Jurgen Klopp
    Take your Dortmund skills
    and put your red cap on

Ground Control to Major Tom
    Commencing countdown,
    Anfield's on
    Check ignition
    and may Fowler be with you

This is Ground Control to Jurgen Klopp
    You've really made the grade
    And the scousers want to know whose specs you wear
    Now it's time to win the title,
    if you dare

Edit: Knexlande, no points. What was I thinking. ****ing Bowie. Drawing board again, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OK, now the initial excitement is calming down, a calmer, saner look at what Klopp means:

The Prize.
    He'd be on the top 3 list for a new manager in the top 7 or 8 clubs in the world. United and Real wanted him but couldn't get him. We've tried twice before according to some reports.

Contacts and Name Recognition.
    Very few managers hace his high profile. It was reported a big reason we lost out on Mikaltyran was Klopp despite us offering more money. CL as well obviously but don't under estimate what his standing in the game means to players.

Box Office.
    Ties in with the above and will do no harm for signing new players, finances, club profile.

Belief.
    The guy is a winner, nuf said. He massively over achieved with Dortmund and Mainz.

Fans.
    There's no doubt he gets the club which is essential for a new boss. He'll attract devotion like a Mourinho.

Addes bonus that rival fans are butt hurt, shocked and in denial. They really didn't think we could him or Ancelotti. Shows you how huge Liverpool is and just when people think we are back in our box, we can still pull a surprise and remind the "big boys" we're still here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

and put your red cap on

Commencing countdown,
    Anfield's on
    Check ignition

if you dare

Knex hasn't quite drank the koolade (kloppade?), favouring instead to heat some up in a spoon and inject directly into his veins.

Best of luck down the "K hole" Knex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

His English has really come on. I saw him give his post match interview in English after Dortmund played Napoli in the Champions League and he was very stunted. He has clearly being doing some lessons so he may have known about this possibility for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can someone send out a search party for Luckycharms_74 he hasn't been seen in a few days, probably hugging his Brendan framed photo and crying himself to sleep each night.

• Advertisement

population wrote: »
    His English has really come on. I saw him give his post match interview in English after Dortmund played Napoli in the Champions League and he was very stunted. He has clearly being doing some lessons so he may have known about this possibility for a while.

I have seem him doing other interviews with Dortmund and his English was fine, so I'd say you just saw him on a bad night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

and put your red cap on

Commencing countdown,
    Anfield's on
    Check ignition

if you dare

Edit: Knexlande, no points. What was I thinking. ****ing Bowie. Drawing board again, I'd say.
    You'll always be remembered more for your rendition of Adam Llama than your 'song writing'. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

I have seem him doing other interviews with Dortmund and his English was fine, so I'd say you just saw him on a bad night.

Ah fair enough. I admit it was the only time I saw him speaking English for an extended period of time so as you say it may well have just been an off night for him.

I'm going to ask the question - would Raheem have left if we had brought Klopp in during the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dickerty wrote: »
    I'm going to ask the question - would Raheem have left if we had brought Klopp in during the summer?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Don't care really. I'd rather have the £50m...Though you could of course debate whether it's been wisely spent or not.

We'll never know unless Sterling says so.

More to the point, will Klopp be the man to attract higher quality players to the club? I think he has that wow factor that players will want to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

fck the little brat.

'I didn't want him anyway'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yes, Raheem was never going to skip out on a chance to earn £200k + per week playing CL ball, with a better squad of players, particularly when you factor in the fact that he had an absolute cúntbag of an agent pushing for the move/gigantic personal payday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement