Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

And yet his 3 years included our best PL challenge in 25. So FSG would probably still say they were justified in his appointment, regardless of how it ended.
    K-9 wrote: »
    If Klopp was a possibility in 2012 I'd say a fair few would have taken him over Rodgers, he wasn't though so pointless really. Rodgers wasn't the disaster some thought. The got CL football which was the initial target set for him.

He absolutely did better than I had feared. No question. Miles better than I predicted really. But still was short of what was required. I think we can all have faith that Klopp has what it takes, that's why we're all so excited.
    That thread is pathetic, it's no coincidence that the 2 biggest detractors of Rodgers were the 2 who were most offended at Kenny being sacked. This is a particular favourite post from the 2 pages I read.

There was no clear link between those unhappy Kenny was sacked and happy Rodgers was appointed. It wasn't binary. But yes, I was furious at the time, but there were people annoyed at Rodgers being appointed who wanted Dalglish sacked too.

I don't draw the comparison to rake this much again though. Today is the happiest I've been as a Liverpool fan in many years. Anyone remember the day we beat Utd in Old Trafford in March 2009? It feels something like that. Or the day after the CL final in 2005. Just pure optimism for the future and satisfaction at an unequivocally great event for the club.

And in any case, Rodgers supporters should be satisfied at an obvious natural break point. Things were flat at best and Klopp was available. It's a no brainer. We have no need to argue about it being the right thing to do. It's great tbh, really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I've been smiling all day, my friends and family are getting worried, they think i'm on drugs. Love that he brought up romance in football during his presser, it's something i thought was nearly gone in football and why I believed Klopp was never a possibility. For years now whenever he was talked about and what club he would go to next, Bayern, Real, Barca, United, Arsenal. The timing has helped but he could still have waited for an easier job.

Should be obvious to every one too now that FSG waited for Klopp and that was the only reason Rodgers kept his job. Our signings all seem to fit the profile he would want too. GK and CB signings conspicuous by their absence. He has a clean run at both positions now, no expensive signings from the summer to drop or sell on. The Lucas and Sakho situations. Not that far fetched is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ade/Nuri Sahin sent me these great Dortmund video's showcasing what they were about under Klopp. Some incredible football played & if Klopp can get us playing at even 50% of what Dortmund achieved it will be the start of something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Good videos, but I would so love to see them with the commentary rather than the weirdly inappropriate music. Clicking on the second video and some chump starts singing "I know that you're tired and feeling alone..."

What in good fck has that got to with Kloppball? Stop it youtube wannabe football video editors. Stop.It.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Good videos, but I would so love to see them with the commentary rather than the weirdly inappropriate music. Clicking on the second video and some chump starts singing "I know that you're tired and feeling alone..."

What in good fck has that got to with Kloppball? Stop it youtube wannabe football video editors. Stop.It.

Same. It's either the start of some Coldplay song or Glanza Trance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Thats just continental Europeans for ya, very peculiar tastes in music.

watching the video's. I think we should try & get Kuba Blaszczykowski after his loan ends with Fiorentina. Would be a great signing & cheap. He is possibly past his best after his ACL injury though. But it would be worth a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kenny on Klopp.
    I am very very impressed by him. The supporters will need to fasten their seatbelts. I am sure they'll enjoy him. Seems somebody who is not in love with himself

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/liverpool/10022866/dalglish-impressed-with-klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That's an interesting last sentence if it's an actual quote!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

It is the actual quote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

He absolutely did better than I had feared. No question. Miles better than I predicted really. But still was short of what was required. I think we can all have faith that Klopp has what it takes, that's why we're all so excited.

There was no clear link between those unhappy Kenny was sacked and happy Rodgers was appointed. It wasn't binary. But yes, I was furious at the time, but there were people annoyed at Rodgers being appointed who wanted Dalglish sacked too.

I don't draw the comparison to rake this much again though. Today is the happiest I've been as a Liverpool fan in many years. Anyone remember the day we beat Utd in Old Trafford in March 2009? It feels something like that. Or the day after the CL final in 2005. Just pure optimism for the future and satisfaction at an unequivocally great event for the club.

And in any case, Rodgers supporters should be satisfied at an obvious natural break point. Things were flat at best and Klopp was available. It's a no brainer. We have no need to argue about it being the right thing to do. It's great tbh, really is.

Some great times under Rodgers during the 13/14 season also.

The 11 game unbeaten run which included the hammerings of Everton (4-0), Arsenal (5-1), United at Old Trafford (3-0), Spurs (4-0).

The best football Liverpool played over the past 20 years and within a whisker of a title.

Rodgers brought the club as far as he could and it was time for a change. 3 years ago, the leading contenders for the job were Rodgers, Martinez and Lambert. The fact that we are now able to attract the likes of Klopp shows that Rodgers brought the club on quite a bit.

Exciting times ahead!

Ha ha ha...Kenny doesn't give a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Clear shot at Brendan anyways, direct quote or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It sounds like a dig at Mourinho. I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

might celebrate with tea and toast for breakfast

I think its about Mourinho. Kenny seemed to get on fine with Rodgers & Mourinho was referenced at the press conference with the special one thing.

Pat Nevin was on Off the Ball earlier in the week talking about Rodgers being sacked and said Rodgers really wasn't popular within the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, I thought Rodgers at first, but when I went reading about it, people are saying its Mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Pat Nevin was on Off the Ball earlier in the week talking about Rodgers being sacked and said Rodgers really wasn't popular within the game itself.

#PatNevinKnows

• Advertisement

It's definitely at Mourinho. Kenny wouldn't have a public go at Rodgers (even if he had an issue with him which I doubt). Rodgers was always humble and respectable about the club and his role there.

Whereas Mourinho is all about being the Special One and the self acclaimed greatest Chelsea manager of all time. Klopp doesn't go in for all that.

I've no doubt whatsoever it was with Mourinho in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Pat Nevin was trying to deflect attention away from a Chelsea manager who it would seem is not popular within the game.

Talisman wrote: »
    Pat Nevin was trying to deflect attention away from a Chelsea manager who it would seem is not popular within the game.

To be fair Nevin did think a lot of the reasons why he wasn't liked within the game was down to jealousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Stop Xabi....just stop it.

You handsome backstard you :(

• Advertisement

If Klopp was to bring Xabi back, I just wouldn't be able to cope with it all. I think I'd literally burst with excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ricero wrote: »
    sign him up jurgen :D

It's such a come and get me plea. :D

Reus, Gundogan, Rossiter......

That's a title challenging squad there!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

so......... which Dortmund players do we want to sign!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I cant wait to see him get started, the Spurs game can't come quick enough.
    Just his smile and laugh makes you love the guy already.

I have been getting more and more critical of FSG lately but they knocked me over with this one. Quick and decisively they moved to install a world class manager, that is all we want from the club a fair level of ambition. They delivered now it is up to Klopp to deliver.

As far as expectations I just want to see us winning games again and scoring goals.

the dream would be winning the Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

rob316 wrote: »

I want to win the Premiership first and foremost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

kop77 wrote: »
    so......... which Dortmund players do we want to sign!! :D

Subotic or Sokratis, as Hummels is probably out of reach.

Other than that I think we should give the players we have a chance to prove themselves, although I certainly wouldn't say no to Reus or Aubameyang.

rob316 wrote: »
    I cant wait to see him get started, the Spurs game can't come quick enough.
    Just his smile and laugh makes you love the guy already.

I have been getting more and more critical of FSG lately but they knocked me over with this one. Quick and decisively they moved to install a world class manager, that is all we want from the club a fair level of ambition. They delivered now it is up to Klopp to deliver.

As far as expectations I just want to see us winning games again and scoring goals.

With our squad and manager, winning the Europa League should be a realistic goal, not a dream. A dream would be to win the league this season, the league and CL next season and for United to be in a relegation battle (but not actually get relegated, I'd miss the games against them tbh). How's that for a dream? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

would klopp raid dortmund for some former players ? I say most would sign for us as the money would be better even without champions league and the chance to play in the premeir league i reckon would be very tempting to most players

If everyone is fit this could be a very strong team.

Mignolet

--Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno--

Milner
    Henderson

--Coutinho
    Firmino
    Sturridge--

Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

NSFW

Like...... WTF...... this is unreal. To say im delighted is an absolute understatement. I got behind Rodgers after initial skepticism but by the end it was definitely time for him to go. There isnt a single manager I would want more than Klopp. I think he is perfect for Liverpool and FSG have done the right thing here and at least went and gotten us one of the top managers in the game.

To mark this momentous occasion I will hark back to a time on this thread when bouncing gifs were all the rage this is NSFW but i feel this is an apt moment to summarise how i feel today.

giphy.gif

ZrjEVJP.gif

gifs_give_bouncing_boobs_some_extra_oomph_15.gif?w=400&h=225

gifs_girls_03.gif

thenug-x1P9j83Irx.gif

Outstanding character. OUTSTANDING.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

I think we need to see that again....

gafferino wrote: »
    NSFW

giphy.gif

ZrjEVJP.gif

gifs_give_bouncing_boobs_some_extra_oomph_15.gif?w=400&h=225

gifs_girls_03.gif

thenug-x1P9j83Irx.gif

Oh lawdy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

61fH24OGOZL._SL1500_.jpg

"YOU WISH MATE"
    550w_soaps_ee25moments_frank_bowtie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Im honestly like the 12 year old me getting a SNES for Xmas today.....

Telegraph including that video of 'klopp' playing with a kid in the garden.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11918646/Six-things-Jurgen-Klopp-can-teach-us-about-being-a-man.html

Doesn't look like him, doesn't sound like him. Presume it is not him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fieldog wrote: »
    Im honestly like the 12 year old me getting a SNES for Xmas today.....

Great days man. I got mine with International Superstar soccer. I think it was a pack. It might have been separate. Did they come as a pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It was the street fighter 2 pack i got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

niallo27 wrote: »
    Great days man. I got mine with International Superstar soccer. I think it was a pack. It might have been separate. Did they come as a pack.

Probably seperate, still playing Pro to this day, think my SNES came with Street Fighter 2 - "look Ma, its like having the arcade in your house"..... :D

i was playing street fighter last night, small world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

haha shots fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

martyos121 wrote: »
    With our squad and manager, winning the Europa League should be a realistic goal, not a dream. A dream would be to win the league this season, the league and CL next season and for United to be in a relegation battle (but not actually get relegated, I'd miss the games against them tbh). How's that for a dream? :D

Ah ya winning the league is the real dream, but winning the Europa would be a huge feat, under Klopp if he can get his methods across quickly to the players is something we could certainly achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Looking forward to the new era of Football :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement