Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You haven't mastered Street Fighter til you can play it on the C64 using a joystick with 1 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Telegraph including that video of 'klopp' playing with a kid in the garden.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11918646/Six-things-Jurgen-Klopp-can-teach-us-about-being-a-man.html

Doesn't look like him, doesn't sound like him. Presume it is not him.

A German journo who covers Dortmund was on the Anfield Wrap the other day and said it is him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's fascinating to see how Klopp talks in comparison to Rodgers or even Benitez.

On one end you had Benitez who seemed so utterly incapable of pretense that he just said what he felt, like he was slightly autistic or something.

Rodgers might've had things to say but he seemed like a person who naturally has no self-confidence so has to put on a bit of show to make it seem like he's always in control.

But Klopp Just. Doesn't. Give. A. ****.
    In an age of PR, politicians and other ****e, he just talks like a person having a normal conversation.

He's so relaxed it's infectious. I nearly oozed out of my chair at work and had a nap.

Found this song on iTunes this morning. No clue what the singer is saying but i have it on repeat.

'Klopp Him Clean' is the translation. Great tune.

sd2s9i.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I mean could you imagine Benitez or Rodgers posing like this with the money men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You haven't mastered Street Fighter til you can play it on the C64 using a joystick with 1 button.

International Karate was where it was at in terms of fighting games on the C64.
    IK%2B_Animation2.gif

I wonder was Klopp a fan of the C64?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Way of the exploding fist was class too.

IK%2B_Animation2.gif

Forget Football Manager, all our tactics/scouting come from this...

InternationalSoccer_Animation.gif

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Forget Football Manager, all our tactics/scouting come from this...

InternationalSoccer_Animation.gif

This reminded me of the greatest post I have ever seen on this site.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92161335&postcount=2201

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Feck your ISS on SNES lads, the first football game I actually had was Emelyn Hughes Soccer, jebus :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Absolutely thrilled to get Klopp finally a manager we can believe in again. Fair play to FSG on this, a massive upgrade.

Interesting reading the thread from when Rodgers was appointed. Fcuk I wasn't too pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Fieldog wrote: »
    Feck your ISS on SNES lads, the first football game I actually had was Emelyn Hughes Soccer, jebus :

Sensible soccer on the megadrive, couldn't beat it at the time. That's the first decent one I can remember although had plenty of poor efforts on the C64 and Atari ST beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sensible soccer on the megadrive,

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sensible soccer on the megadrive, couldn't beat it at the time. That's the first decent one I can remember although had plenty of poor efforts on the C64 and Atari ST beforehand.

Ryan gloggs and scoring from the half way line, evrytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

IK%2B_Animation2.gif

I remember this - What was it called??

And are they throwing headers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A German journo who covers Dortmund was on the Anfield Wrap the other day and said it is him.

Unless that German journo was peeping over the fence I'm not sure how he could be any better a source of information.

Anyway, the HD video was posted the other day, it's clearly not him. Once the quality is good enough to see his face, it's clearly just some random American guy who looks a little bit like him (not even very much) and is a lot shorter.

He's awesome enough without us needing to attribute other things to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

24 hrs later and I still feel like this

2036251_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What a great day. Mighty altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What a great day. Mighty altogether.

Unreal between today and yesterday. Ireland, Klopp, and a new Coen Brothers trailer.

This week's goin' down in history - especially if the 2 games on Sunday go well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Why did Dalglish take a pop at Rodgers? Didn't know there was any bad blood between them

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why did Dalglish take a pop at Rodgers? Didn't know there was any bad blood between them

He didn't - that was at Mourinho's expense after Klopp wondered if he was the Ordinary One.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's debatable who he was talking about but I think most think it was more referenced towards Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He didn't - that was at Mourinho's expense after Klopp wondered if he was the Ordinary One.

Normal one nothing ordinary about this guy ☺

Consensus seems to be that it was aimed at Mourinho. Although I am fairly sure when 'The Rodgers' took over he made comments about being hands on in training rather than watching from a far, or on a golf course which some interpreted as a dig at Kenny at the time.

They were pictured together after it so was most likely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Cheers, caught the full remark shortly after I asked and I'd say ye are right, it seems to be aimed at Mourinho more then anyone else with the whole Special one, Ordinary one thing

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ardinn wrote: »
    I remember this - What was it called??

And are they throwing headers?

IK+ internatoonal karate. it was some game.
    Me friend used to just throw heads for the the whole game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So have we won the league yet?

Klopp out

#Ancelotti4Anfield!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lol...read this comment from a Liverpool fan on the Daily Mail website about that Klopp appointment:
    As a Liverpool fan I feel like a fat kid who got the prettiest girl at the party

Don't we all? :D:D

Alex Ferguson
    “It’s a good appointment, I admire him. I know Jurgen pretty well through our meetings with the elite coaches classes in Geneva,” Ferguson told ESPN.
    “Strong personality, very strong, very stubborn, determined, and his performances, his career at Dortmund was a stellar rise to the top and I think he’ll do very well. I don’t like saying that, being Liverpool. I’m worried about it!”

http://www.the42.ie/ferguson-klopp-liverpool-appointment-2379676-Oct2015/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Unreal between today and yesterday. Ireland, Klopp, and a new Coen Brothers trailer.

This week's goin' down in history - especially if the 2 games on Sunday go well!

:eek:

to youtube.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Official Liverpool Magazine have a full page feature on the Irish Kop Fun Bus this month.

12122844_10154294915699966_3669510314251528980_n.jpg?oh=2f733aea3d8c73490590b98bda370b97&oe=5687F5A5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Just got around to watching the press conference.

There's a refreshing lack of bullshit with him.

so_pure_john_oliver.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Just got around to watching the press conference.

There's a refreshing lack of bullshit with him.

so_pure_john_oliver.gif

Do you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Do you have a link?

https://audioboom.com/boos/3671595-jurgen-klopp-press-conference

Its just the audio, Knex posted it earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dub13 wrote: »
    The Official Liverpool Magazine have a full page feature on the Irish Kop Fun Bus this month.

There's an awfully long gap between final whistle and bus leaving

I'd hazard a guess at

4.45pm: Final Whistle
    4.46pm: The Albert

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is a refreshing lack of bull from Klopp. Rodgers spouted some amount of nonsense and his press conference's annoyed me as it felt like he was almost giving a teamtalk at them. False 9's, reverse wingers, deep lying midfielders, controllers etc. It was almost like him trying to prove he was some sort of football genius.
    I think Rodgers did a decent job as he left the club in a much better place than when he took over. I think the squad is decent and is capable of getting top 4. Hopefully Klopp can get a bit of confidence back into the players and get them playing with a bit of style again as the football the past year has been very poor to watch. If sturridge can stay fit we probably have the best attacking options in the league bar city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dub13 wrote: »

12122844_10154294915699966_3669510314251528980_n.jpg?oh=2f733aea3d8c73490590b98bda370b97&oe=5687F5A5

Is this the bus with the gimp seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Just as I thought Benteke will need to work harder
    https://twitter.com/LFCTS/status/652601749283446784

MD1990 wrote: »
    Just as I thought Benteke will need to work harder
    https://twitter.com/LFCTS/status/652601749283446784

Ye I cant see benteke and sturridge lining up together too often.

Meh is going to be a monster presser for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/09/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-lays-down-law-anfield

This a very good interview
    Jürgen Klopp said his ambition for Liverpool was not to conquer the world but “conquer the ball each time” as he warned players his way was the only way to succeed at Anfield.

The 48-year-old was unveiled at a packed Anfield press conference on Friday where he described himself as the Normal One, vowed to bring “emotional football” to Liverpool and embraced the club’s often criticised transfer committee system.

He also targeted a trophy within four years or his next job, he suggested, would be in Switzerland. Later, away from the television cameras, he signalled an immediate departure from the Brendan Rodgers era by declaring it was premature to discuss football philosophies or possession tactics. Rodgers did precisely that at his unveiling as Liverpool manager. Klopp claimed Liverpool’s intense approach to football, as a city and a club, had persuaded him to abandon a sabbatical after four months and sign a three-year contract with “the cool guys” of Fenway Sports Group.

Seemingly surprised at his status as one of the biggest draws in the Premier League, he also appealed for privacy having been photographed at his hotel window in the city on Thursday. “I am not the guy who is going to go out and shout: ‘We are going to conquer the world!’ or something like this. But we will conquer the ball, each ****ing time. We will chase the ball. We will run more, fight more,” said the former Borussia Dortmund coach, who will earn up to £7m a year at Anfield.

He added: “The only thing I need is players that want to help the team. They have to listen to what I say.

“That is very important because I believe it is better to have 11 players do the same thing wrong than everybody doing what they want. We have to do it one way and that is my way. Now we cannot talk about football philosophy and ball possession, playing like Barcelona, playing like whoever. No, this team needs to create their own style.

If you have the ball you have to be creative but you have to be prepared that if you lose the ball the counter-pressing is very important.

“It is very important in football. It is not a proposal, it is law.

“You have to do it and you will. That is what we all have to learn, maybe. I’m only interested in 100% of each player. Now we have to work on that.”

Klopp revealed he spent his four months out of the game with family, playing tennis and watching football around the world. But, having joined Liverpool despite being linked with title-challenging teams guaranteeing Champions League football, such as Bayern Munich, he denied relishing an underdog status.

“I enjoy being an underdog? No,” he said, laughing. “For managers it is very important that you can influence the things on the pitch, that you can change the things in a better direction, of course. I’ve never seen or been talking to these other clubs. I don’t think about things like this. I’ve never had a plan for my career. I react on what happens and I hear what I feel inside. For me, it fits perfect.”

The Stuttgart-born coach made frequent references to the Premier League’s obsession with money and, in another departure from several previous Liverpool managers, insisted it would not define his ability to construct a successful team.

Asked whether Liverpool could attract a player of the calibre of Marco Reus without Champions League football, having failed to entice several targets during Rodgers’ reign, Klopp replied: “I absolutely don’t care about this.

“If we cannot sign a player like him then we are not interested in him. We will have to take other players. The whole world plays football, there are players everywhere.

“It is only here that money is such a big thing. It is money, money, money. OK, there is much money. You don’t have to spend all the money. You can hold it and make something else. Of course, not having Champions League football is a problem, it is a negative. Of course, it should be a target for all ambitious teams to play in the Champions League, for sure. But only four go in. You have to fight for it, not just talk about it. You don’t have to speak always.

“You have to look at which players are reachable and not dream of this player or that player and then say: ‘But they don’t want to come to Liverpool.’ If a player doesn’t want to come to Liverpool then stay away. Really. If you think about the weather, stay away. If you think about other things, stay away. If you want to come here, you are welcome. That is the first and most important issue.”

Klopp admitted he had watched Liverpool’s last three games before his appointment – Everton, FC Sion in the Europa League and the 3-2 win over Aston Villa eight days before Rodgers’ departure. “Three until now and ask me on Sunday and I will have seen 20,” he said.

Meh is going to be a monster presser for the team.

I can see him playing on the right of a front 3. I wouldnt be surprised if benteke is sold next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/09/liverpool-new-manager-jurgen-klopp-tom-werner-brendan-rodgers
    “When we appointed Brendan we thought he was going to be the right manager for Liverpool,” the chairman said. “Obviously we now feel that we have got the world-class manager and beyond that there is not much more I would like to say.

“We gave Brendan, as you know, an opportunity to see if we could improve this season. There was some very good football last season and some not so good football. There were some challenges that dealt with injuries, we brought in some new players that Brendan recommended that we thought would take us forward. We are where we are. I don’t want to say too much. Brendan is an outstanding manager and we decided to move in a different direction and I am very optimistic.”

Werner, right, added: “Obviously we have a challenge this season and Jürgen said it right. None of the supporters are satisfied with our position right now and we believe that Jürgen is the right manager to take us forward. As you all know we came into this situation with great ambition and I would rather focus on the future.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just had a look at that thread about Klopp and finishing in the top four. 19 votes recon we won't even finish in the Europa place.

Some bitter numpties out there.

Funny thing is 'The Rodgers' could well end up at Villa.

We'll probably send him back on loan.

Sakho, Clyne, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Allen, Ings & Firmino should all do well in a pressing team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement