Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Funny thing is 'The Rodgers' could well end up at Villa.

We'll probably send him back on loan.

Villa or Newcastle.

He'd be perfect for Newcastle actually I think.

Sakho, Clyne, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Allen, Ings & Firmino should all do well in a pressing team.

And Coutinho! Fantastic presser.

Also Lucas - when you're pressing, you need someone who can read the game and make interceptions when someone has been left free by a pressing move. Sakho will be great here too, always decisive in coming out to stop a pass being completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Villa or Newcastle.

Yep, said the same thing myself. Would hate to see him at Villa as I think he's better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool actually have a high energy side if picked for that quality.

Clyne--Gomez--Sakho--Moreno
    Lucas
    Can----Milner
    Coutinho
    Sturridge---Ings

could easily be the side that plays Spurs. Add Hendo, Firmino to that. Lallana is not a player who really associate with high energy but his nimble feet mean he can press and dispossess. Benteke is one who could suffer, while Kolo, Enrique, Lovren, Skrtel are all in trouble I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Why do people think Benteke won't be good at a pressing game, is it an attitude thing?

Has there been any reaction at all from the players on Twitter about Klopps appointment? I haven't seen anything, are they barred from making comments? Because I've been going around with a grin on my face all day but for them, professional footballers, they must be over the moon with the appointment of Klopp and be really up for impressing him. His arrival really gives the entire club a boost and no doubt the players are dying to get playing for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just had a look at that thread about Klopp and finishing in the top four. 19 votes recon we won't even finish in the Europa place.

Some bitter numpties out there.

Some of the arguments are fantastic aswell. "He won't get dem top 4 cause dey normilly finish fift or sixt and days. lipool mid table. manager won change dat"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some of the arguments are fantastic aswell. "He won't get dem top 4 cause dey normilly finish fift or sixt and days. lipool mid table. manager won change dat"

Looks like I'm not missing much.
    I literally just voted and had a look at the results.

All those threads follow the same pattern. Two pages of genuine discussion, then the lads get wind of them and are allowed hijack them. Some back and forth and then they get closed, which is the aim of hijacking them.

Although the Moyes lad is too obvious.

I engaged in it for a second. Felt like walking on Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Why do people think Benteke won't be good at a pressing game, is it an attitude thing?

He's just not suited to it. He's not pacey like Ings or Sturridge, and doesn't have the desire to die for the ball like Suarez did (although to be fair there's only a handful of top players with this mindset, unfortunately). It's just not a part of his game.

It's nothing new though. I and a few others in this thread knew this wouldn't be a part of his game, he wouldn't be able to adapt to a high pressing game and I have little doubt that he'll struggle and will be sold for a substantial loss soon enough. That's the reality of this transfer committee with Rodgers; players were bought for lots of money who did not suit our style at all, and inevitably flopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

________ Gomez - Sakho ________
    Clyne _________________ Moreno

_____ Henderson __ Allen ______

Firmino ____ Coutinho ____ Milner

____________ Sturridge __________

Bogdan
    Gomez
    Lucas
    Origi
    Ings

Is it just me, or is it starting to feel like Klopp was offered this in the summer and just wanted time away from the game? I see Wenger doing his usual speech about managers getting the sack too early for his liking, forgetting that we've just secured, I'm sorry, what feels like an upgrade, for want of a better term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Villa or Newcastle.

His career will be over if he takes the Villa job, they are in a terrible state. Newcastle would be another tough job to take on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It feels like this post is spurious.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It feels like this post is spurious.

Rumbled.

• Advertisement

Is it just me, or is it starting to feel like Klopp was offered this in the summer and just wanted time away from the game? I see Wenger doing his usual speech about managers getting the sack too early for his liking, forgetting that we've just secured, I'm sorry, what feels like an upgrade, for want of a better term.

Maybe if he was available we may have moved for him. Who knows? We got him now anyway and we aren't in a disaster of a position, still salvageable.

Nothing really wrong with what Wenger said really being honest.

NukaCola wrote: »

Nothing really wrong with what Wenger said really being honest.

There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but it doesn't mention that we've replaced Rodgers with Jurgen Klopp and that maybe that had something to do with the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Its been worked on since the league cup game as he mentioned in the papers this evening that he has watched our last three games again villa, sion and the ev. He wouldn't have been watching if he wasn't sounded out before them imo.

Its been worked on since the league cup game as he mentioned in the papers this evening that he has watched our last three games again villa, sion and the ev. He wouldn't have been watching if he wasn't sounded out before them imo.

Alternatively, he was sounded out by the club after our last game, and went back and watched our last 3 games. He didn't mention anything about watching them live.

The next thing he said also was that by the time the Spurs game comes round, he'll have seen our last 20 games.

he'll have seen our last 20 games.

What an awful, awful box set to have to sit though.

• Advertisement

I know - they should pretend they lost the tapes or something, or he'll be getting second thoughts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Meh is going to be a monster presser for the team.

"Meh?" Is he a new forward Klopp is going to bring in? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dey do do dat don't dey dho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

How good does that sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Makes sense and gives a context to Rodgers' final weeks and bizarre statements. He knew he was gone, possibly even as far as a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A boxset, that you really do need to go on a binge with. Preferable with the really strong stuff.

Still a better love story than twilight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

He'll need strapping down

clockwork-orange-torture-viewing-ap-associated-press-big-brother-sad-hill-news.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Makes sense and gives a context to Rodgers' final weeks and bizarre statements. He knew he was gone, possibly even as far as a month ago.

If this is the case, and I'm not convinced it is, then any recent improvement in performance takes on a very different meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    If this is the case, and I'm not convinced it is, then any recent improvement in performance takes on a very different meaning.

Given the club has been leakier for a couple of decades than a collander that's been gone over with a tommy gun, you'd have to think whispers were going around and got around to him and the players pretty quickly.

For instance, the Sakho contract renewal seemed a little odd in the context of Rodgers preferring to nail his ballbag to his forehead and then throw himself down some stairs than play him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ties in with the United loss though which was the final straw for many giving him a chance. By then the old habits had returned after a decent start.

Again, I just don't see this as something that was decided over a couple of days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

5starpool wrote: »

What improvements? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jon Stark wrote: »
    What improvements? :confused: :pac:

We beat a crappy Villa team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

We beat a crappy Villa team.

Do you understand the term "improved performance"? Didn't you say we would lose to Everton? An "improved performance" helped that not to happen. Performances do not equal results.

In all the excitement I had overlooked the bonus that he will never end up there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was out in a club last night and the barman was a dead ringer for Klopp. The poor ****er was hounded the whole night. I asked him then are you been hounded all week, he said people on the street morning, noon and night are screaming Klopp at him. He was telling me he doesn't even watch football so had no idea about him before but saw his presser yesterday and was delighted to be the look a like of such a cool guy.

Conclusion: EVERYONE LOVES KLOPP

Do you understand the term "improved performance"? Didn't you say we would lose to Everton? An "improved performance" helped that not to happen. Performances do not equal results.

Yes because Everton were better than us this season, the derby turned out to be a non event overseen by a manager who knew he was on the way out. People who were delighted with a draw against Norwich at home because it was an improved performance was a particular low point in Rodgers reign.

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 12h12 hours ago
    Ben Smith: #LFC signed 31 players under #Rodgers for £291m. FSG will now look to sign 15 players for £291m. #Klopp

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 12h12 hours ago
    Ben Smith: #Klopp will receive the financial backing. I know something that was mentioned in the negotiations.He was assured there will be. #LFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I vote Tipsy and Caovyn get their own thread and move their crap out of the LFC one.

• Advertisement

I vote Tipsy and Caovyn get their own tried and move their crap out of the LFC one.

I'm not getting into it with him I just wanted to make that point.

Yes because Everton were better than us this season, the derby turned out to be a non event overseen by a manager who knew he was on the way out. People who were delighted with a draw against Norwich at home because it was an improved performance was a particular low point in Rodgers reign.

So you were wrong then? Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm not getting into it with him I just wanted to make that point.

Yeah because there might be someone unclear on how you feel about Rodgers.

Not even watching the game!

SdaRcjS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Not even watching the game!

SdaRcjS.jpg

Everything is cooool Alex.

• Advertisement

He's just not suited to it. He's not pacey like Ings or Sturridge, and doesn't have the desire to die for the ball like Suarez did (although to be fair there's only a handful of top players with this mindset, unfortunately). It's just not a part of his game.

He has ran himself into the ground in a number of our games. Can remember him winning the ball in th corner of defenders, blocking clearances etc.

I think you are mixing up balotelli and Benteke in your head.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah because there might be someone unclear on how you feel about Rodgers.

Great post

He has ran himself into the ground in a number of our games. Can remember him winning the ball in th corner of defenders, blocking clearances etc.

I think you are mixing up balotelli and Benteke in your head.

There is a difference between running about and pressing. I've not seen Benteke press.

The absolute best thing about this appointment is there is zero chance of Balotelli ever playing for us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I vote Tipsy and Caovyn get their own thread and move their crap out of the LFC one.

I half-agree with you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement