Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Best signing of the year. 7m a year for Klopp looks like chump change in terms of impact/value ratio for the club.. especially when considering some of our poor value signings like Lovren or Markovic. When he invigorates life and belief in our younger players it might look like signing of the decade. What a great time to be a Liverpool fan, hope restored and excitement building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

garra wrote: »
    Best signing of the year. 7m a year for Klopp looks like chump change in terms of impact/value ratio for the club.. especially when considering some of our poor value signings like Lovren or Markovic. When he invigorates life and belief in our younger players it might look like signing of the decade. What a great time to be a Liverpool fan, hope restored and excitement building.

I think markovic would do quite well for us under klopp, he got an extremely raw deal under rodgers. One thing I am hugely looking forward to is klopp changing up the squad and shaking things up a bit, everyone gets a fresh start and no more favourtisim ala rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

The absolute best thing about this appointment is there is zero chance of Balotelli ever playing for us again.

Not sure how Klopp affects Balotelli's fate at all. Mario was always finished with us when he went on loan.

The best thing about Klopp is that his name alone will help attract top players. Players might've been feeling 'meh' when Rodgers was manager, but now they'll be more enthusiastic about joining us with a top manager in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

At least there could be a glimmer of hope for Markovic if he grows a set of balls. Lovren and Lallana were Rodgers' two worst signings.

I see Sir Alex is worried Klopp will do well for us. The bitter one.

He has ran himself into the ground in a number of our games. Can remember him winning the ball in th corner of defenders, blocking clearances etc.

I think you are mixing up balotelli and Benteke in your head.

Harry was spot on; there's a difference between tracking ground and pressing up high. Benteke just can't press like Sturridge or Ings can. That's not an indictment on him, but it means that I can't see him succeeding for us.

Hopefully Ilori will get a shot at playing CB for us under Klopp. Absolutely ridiculous that a Euro U21 winner still hasn't played in a liverpool shirt despite joining us 3 seasons ago yet we've stuck with Lovren and Kolo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Hopefully Ilori will get a shot at playing CB for us under Klopp. Absolutely ridiculous that a Euro U21 winner still hasn't played in a liverpool shirt despite joining us 3 seasons ago yet we've stuck with Lovren and Kolo.

Who hasn't managed to break into the Aston Villa defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The reasons given are consistent with what he said before the start of the season about why Rodgers was retained and their expectations for this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear at some point that contact was made with Klopp in the summer but owners got more serious in their pursuit of him following the Norwich and Carlisle results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A German journo who covers Dortmund was on the Anfield Wrap the other day and said it is him.

Well it doesn't look or sound like him, the kids sound american. It has been up on youtube since june with 800k views and not a single mention of Klopp.
    The absolute best thing about this appointment is there is zero chance of Balotelli ever playing for us again.

gfy
    Not sure how Klopp affects Balotelli's fate at all. Mario was always finished with us when he went on loan.

The best thing about Klopp is that his name alone will help attract top players. Players might've been feeling 'meh' when Rodgers was manager, but now they'll be more enthusiastic about joining us with a top manager in charge.

This is your last warning m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Well it doesn't look or sound like him, the kids sound american. It has been up on youtube since june with 800k views and not a single mention of Klopp.

gfy

This is your last warning m8

Going by your own rules, you should block yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Surprised to see the F word in this Guardian article (on LFC.com)!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/195589-jrgen-klopp-lays-down-the-law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Who hasn't managed to break into the Aston Villa defence.

Sherwood has stated the reason for that is because he isn't match fit due to playing in the Euros and the extended break he got afterwards. Nothing to do with his ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Glico Man wrote: »
    Sherwood has stated the reason for that is because he isn't match fit due to playing in the Euros and the extended break he got afterwards. Nothing to do with his ability.

Plus he's only been there a month.

"We will conquer the ball, each fučking time!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

If Klopp came in with the mindset that Mario definitely wont play for us EVER AGAIN, then Klopp is not the manager we think he is.

Mario likely wont play for us again hopefully. But any manager would be stupid not to at least have a 5 minute think about the players that are currently contracted to the club.

Why would you want the club to go out and buy a player when you potentially have the attributes your looking for already contracted to the club??

Now I am certainly on board with the get Mario out of town train, but I would see Klopp as a potential for Mario to get himself a second chance if he proves himself and the transfer doesnt happen (as usual with Italian clubs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Look forward to the Sunday papers tomorrow we should be linked with around 20 players from Germany tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No to Mario, thanks. Just fine up front with Benteke, Ings and Sturridge, and I'd rather be giving any extra time to Origi than try reform Balotelli as a pressing, hard working, consistent forward.

Mr.H wrote: »
    If Klopp came in with the mindset that Mario definitely wont play for us EVER AGAIN, then Klopp is not the manager we think he is.

Mario likely wont play for us again hopefully. But any manager would be stupid not to at least have a 5 minute think about the players that are currently contracted to the club.

Why would you want the club to go out and buy a player when you potentially have the attributes your looking for already contracted to the club??

Now I am certainly on board with the get Mario out of town train, but I would see Klopp as a potential for Mario to get himself a second chance if he proves himself and the transfer doesnt happen (as usual with Italian clubs)

That's premised on Mario giving the two tiniest ****s about a second chance at LFC. My impression from the public statements back in August from both him and AC is that they see his return as essentially permanent, and that it was entirely down to money/boardroom shenanigans that he left in the first place. You'd swear it was a sabbatical.

We well and truly got our balls hauled over our heads on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

corwill wrote: »
    That's premised on Mario giving the two tiniest ****s about a second chance at LFC. My impression from the public statements back in August from both him and AC is that they see his return as essentially permanent, and that it was entirely down to money/boardroom shenanigans that he left in the first place. You'd swear it was a sabbatical.

We well and truly got our balls hauled over our heads on this one.

It's the type of deal that only we'd fall for.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's the type of deal that only we'd fall for.

We need to swear off signing Italians for a while, treat it like lactose intolerance. We just keep getting the scaldy scuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

garra wrote: »

Is that what the contract is?

I read somewhere that he has now become the 3rd highest paid PL manager, presumably behind Jose and possibly LVG (I'm guessing).

I read somewhere else though that BR's severance was £7.5m which equated to 1 years salary, surely that couldn't be right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

People saying no to Mario ?

At least give Klopp a few months with him, and then take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

People saying no to Mario ?

At least give Klopp a few months with him, and then take it from there.

Given Mario's usual lack of movement I'd be amazed if Klopp thought much of him but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Klopp has free reign to do what he wants with Mario or anyone else, if he wants to play Lovren over Sakho, Allen over Lucas, Can at the back or whatever, I'll trust his judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Klopp and Mario seem like a perfect match to me. Two massive personalities, it will either be a disaster (which he's already been for us) or a huge success. I'd love to see Balo get another chance at the club under Klopp, I'm just not sure it's what Mario wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

martyos121 wrote: »
    Klopp and Mario seem like a perfect match to me. Two massive personalities, it will either be a disaster (which he's already been for us) or a huge success. I'd love to see Balo get another chance at the club under Klopp, I'm just not sure it's what Mario wants.

Mario would have no interest in playing the way Klopp wants him to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Anybody who wants Mario obviously hasn't a clue about Klopp and what he wants from a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Mario would have no interest in playing the way Klopp wants him to.

To be fair, Lewandowski was never exactly asked to press like a madman.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

It is now or never for Balotelli. If he doesn't show interest in coming back even with Klopp, then it's time to get rid of him for good.

I would like to see him getting one more chance, to be fair the way Rodgers had the team playing last season wasn't very good for any striker.

Knex. wrote: »
    To be fair, Lewandowski was never exactly asked to press like a madman.

True, but Lewandowski is Lewandowski. If Mario was even half as good as Lewandowski is, I might give him a free pass on not pressing high.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

x43r0 wrote: »
    There's an awfully long gap between final whistle and bus leaving

I'd hazard a guess at

4.45pm: Final Whistle
    4.46pm: The Albert

:pac:

Haha, true. Sometimes we make it back for the 20:30 boat, but that means leaving about 17:30.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Is this the bus with the gimp seat.

Sure is, sounds like you have been on board with us...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Going by your own rules, you should block yourself.

oh I was aware of the irony. That said, I get one warning.

Thidp wrote: »
    It is now or never for Balotelli.

Sure that's what we were all saying 14 months ago. Mario made the choice over the intervening period, and he chose never.

Rodgers can be blamed for lots of things, including signing him in the first place, even if the TC didn't give a choice of an alternative. But only Mario is to blame for Mario acting the bollix.

oh I was aware of the irony. That said, I get one warning.

Phew, I was worried* I'd already made the list there.

* "worried" probably too strong a word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Ive seen Mario press more than Sturridge or Benteke - if Lovren is getting a second (or third) chance then I don't see why Mario shouldn't. Mario is annoying but he's not lazy but I'd be surprised if he lines out for us again.

Also, Im sure the pressing thing is only one part of Klopp's plan for us.

brevity wrote: »
    Ive seen Mario press more than Sturridge or Benteke - if Lovren is getting a second (or third) chance then I don't see why Mario shouldn't. Mario is annoying but he's not lazy but I'd be surprised if he lines out for us again.

Also, Im sure the pressing thing is only one part of Klopp's plan for us.

Sturridge did a fair bit of pressing during '13-'14, I suspect because he was measuring himself against Suarez. I reckon Benteke will at least try to do it if asked, he's certainly not been lazy anytime I've watched him.

I can't wait for the first game against Spurs! Can't wait to see what team Kloppo plays, can't wait to see the players give everything for him and see him prowling the touchline!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sturridge is perfect in a pressing system. If we are frequently winning the ball back in the last third, few strikers have anticipation to match his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The anfield cat should fit into Klopps pressing system too

23ea3146ea334d5741c306054889811d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Definitely his last chance this time.

Mario does his own thing so does anyone see him fitting into a Klopp team?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I hope Klopp can't back out once he sees the last 20 matches and that contract is iron clad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

We need to swear off signing Italians for a while, treat it like lactose intolerance. We just keep getting the scaldy scuts.

The problem is that most of the lads we sign are pasta their prime.

mosstin wrote: »

gag.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't know there is a couple of italians we could sign that could well be the last pizza the jigsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This isn't the time fusilli puns about Italian players we've signed.

There all gone now except Mario right? He's going to feel cannelloni when he comes back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool fan DJ Spoony played You'll Never Walk Alone at Old Trafford tonight before the Super League Grand Final. :D

www.facebook.com/greg.farrimond/videos/10156113810690313/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I don't know there is a couple of italians we could sign that could well be the last pizza the jigsaw.

I wouldn't get carried away - it's not as if we've been gnocching on the door of success this past while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Meat balls to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours going around that we have signed Ruben neves and he will stay on loan with Porto for the season

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Rumours going around that we have signed Ruben neves and he will stay on loan with Porto for the season

Indykaila? I take everything these ITK accounts say with a pinch of salt as they're 50:50, or probably a little less accurate than that actually.

That said, I don't know a whole lot about him other than he's 18 and probably is 'the next (insert star player's name, here)'.

If we do get him, hopefully he'll actually play a flippin game for us, unlike the last highly talented Portuguese player we bought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement