Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Graeme Kelly actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Graeme Kelly actually.

Well he got the Klopp stuff right, so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Transfer talk in oc-fcuking-tober :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Klopp watching the under 18's play. The man is a machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That Ruben Neves lad is supposed to be very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ricero wrote: »
    Rumours going around that we have signed Ruben neves and he will stay on loan with Porto for the season

No doubt people would complain about signing another "potential" but this kid is a special player. Ofc it could be just waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Oddly enough I watched many, many Porto games last season (unemployment is fantastic), and I've seen plenty of the likes of Neves, Oliver Torres et al.

Rubén Neves will be better than Xabi Alonso based on what I've seen of him. There's a reason Madrid, Chelsea and the big guns are trying to sign him. He's as much a dream signing for me as Reus or Lacazette.

This news excites me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Klopp watching the under 18's play. The man is a machine

Apparently he only went because he now only has to watch 19 of our last matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tomorrow's Mirror linking Lewandowski with Liverpool. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Tomorrow's Mirror linking Lewandowski with Liverpool. :rolleyes:

I don't want him because he's the best number 9 in the world, I don't want him because he could win us the league, I don't even want him because he'll score 25+ a season....

I want him because United fans "didn't want him anyway"

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

His corners are worth whatever the fee is alone.

I posted this in Jan
    Piece on Ruben Neves:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/01...pool-scouting/

The new Busquets/Alonso...seems to be very highly thought of. Could be a good partner for Can.

From the article:
    "It’s worth noting that Liverpool’s current Under-16s coach Pepijn Lijnders worked with Neves during his days as a coach at Porto, and was the man who helped him progress to the senior team.

This could potentially help the Reds in their quest to sign him, given the influence Lijnders has had on his career."

The same thing was said about Charlie Adam lol.

But this kid is world class, much more to his game than corners, unlike Adam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Being Linked with Neves & Lewandowski(most likely won't sign but still) is very refreshing after wasting millions on overpriced PL players.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Being Linked with Neves & Lewandowski(most likely won't sign but still) is very refreshing after wasting millions on overpriced PL players.

Never heard of Neves, but the Lewandowski link is just pure lazy journalism. I could make up stuff like that based on the fact that Klopp had him as a player before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

lewoandwoski? What, out of mad curiousity, is the price tag and would be Munich's reason for selling?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

lewoandwoski? What, out of mad curiousity, is the price tag and would be Munich's reason for selling?

You know no one in this thread writes for the mirror? Why don't you read the story if you are that interested.

DJ Spoony (a Liverpool fan) played You'll Never Walk Alone at Old Trafford during one of the Rugby games :pac:

https://twitter.com/LFCChris_/status/652959135135346688

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/theanfieldtalk/status/652969622195568640

brevity wrote: »
    DJ Spoony (a Liverpool fan) played You'll Never Walk Alone at Old Trafford during one of the Rugby games :pac:

https://twitter.com/LFCChris_/status/652959135135346688

He deserves a gold medal for that magnificent performance. The complaints and jeers from the crowd add to it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

martyos121 wrote: »
    The same thing was said about Charlie Adam lol.

But this kid is world class, much more to his game than corners, unlike Adam.

D20j8hw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You know no one in this thread writes for the mirror? Why don't you read the story if you are that interested.

Thanks Caovyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We really are getting shafted, with what we're paying for corners - Adams and now this fellow.
    Klopp (I nearly say Rodgers, its finally sunk in and become reality for me) really should just pop down to the cornershop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Is Klopp now a bigger coup then Rafa was in 2004?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He's certainly a taller one but has lost weight so maybe not :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Jesus to think we now have a manager who can attract players like that.

Happy fcuking days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Yep..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Definitely

I'd say a similar level, though I think Rafa was slightly more prized.

There's more hype around Klopp now, but i think that's more a sign of the changing media outlets since then. There was no twitter at that point, the stream of information wasn't quite so constant. Content from every league wasn't quite so accessible, so the layman didn't know quite as much.

But Rafa had just won the Spanish league for the second time, ahead of the big 2, including a frankly ludicrous Madrid side with peak Casillas, Carlos, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham, and Cambiasso. He'd also just won the Uefa Cup.

There was no poor season, no gap, we got the joint highest profile manager at the time, along with Mourinho.

not yet wrote: »

Happy fcuking days.

I can't fathom how Lewandowski doesn't see his future at Bayern. Money, trophies, other world class players, great city and country to live in. Klopp might be a character, but it'd take a lot for me to swap Bayern for any club in England, let alone us.

I can't fathom how Lewandowski doesn't see his future at Bayern. Money, trophies, other world class players, great city and country to live in. Klopp might be a character, but it'd take a lot for me to swap Bayern for any club in England, let alone us.

Lewandowski had no problem leaving Klopp's Dortmund for Bayern. That Mirror 'story' isn't a story, it's basically just an opinion piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

didn't want him anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'd say a similar level, though I think Rafa was slightly more prized.

There's more hype around Klopp now, but i think that's more a sign of the changing media outlets since then. There was no twitter at that point, the stream of information wasn't quite so constant. Content from every league wasn't quite so accessible, so the layman didn't know quite as much.

But Rafa had just won the Spanish league for the second time, ahead of the big 2, including a frankly ludicrous Madrid side with peak Casillas, Carlos, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham, and Cambiasso. He'd also just won the Uefa Cup.

There was no poor season, no gap, we got the joint highest profile manager at the time, along with Mourinho.

I think the hype is around how much he seems to fit in all aspects and not just as a successful manager. Did we know at the time though how much Rafa would get it? I know his initial interviews were very impressive but I don't think many people envisaged the kind of connection he would form with the City and fans. I think John Barnes nailed it earlier http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x392s28["]here when talking about his appointment. The Liverpool manager is someone we want to identity with, love and feel they aren't just about success on the pitch. It did turn out that way with Rafa but Klopp from the very beginning seems like he will undoubtedly have that fit.

I think also we had the kinda of draw as a club when Rafa was appointed that we had every right to expect his kind of caliber of a manager but given how far the club has fallen in the intervening years it was becoming increasing hard to imagine attracting that kind of top tier manager. It was one of the argument that I always made for Rafa coming back in that we were lucky to have this guy who wanted to manage the club while it seemed none of the other managers in his class seemed attainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Getting Klopp is dreamland stuff. Let's not let the silly about transfers, though.

Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was at a party tonight and absolutely everyone is talking about Klopp.

It's mental.

Met the brother in law too...blanked the ****er.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My Ma knows his name.

Lads.

She she still thinks Kenny Dalglish PLAYS for us... when Liverpool are playing... In the World Cup.

Grayditch wrote: »
    My Ma knows his name.

Lads.

She she still thinks Kenny Dalglish PLAYS for us... when Liverpool are playing... In the World Cup.

'What's a Jurgen Klopp?'

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet-590x310.jpg

• Advertisement

i wouldnt get my hopes up about Lewandowski, he'll only let us down see

Klopp Klopp, klopp muzik
    Talk about Klopp muzik
    Klopp Klopp, klopp muzik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

we just stop signing players, psych everyone out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

For me the young player at the club with the most potential to turn out to be a really strong player on the World stage is Emre Can

And I honestly don't see any other manager getting more out of him than Klopp.

Also Ruben Neves is ridiculously good already at such a young age. Unfortunately can't for a second see Porto selling him. For the first time in 10 years, Porto have had 3 really strong Portuguese players playing in the middle of their midfield and there is huge expectations that Neves, Danilo and Andre Andre (yep- his real name) will be as good as Costinha, Maniche and (adopted Portuguese) Deco

Neves is really going to be the star of that team. I'd wet myself if we could get him but no way am I getting my hopes up. Keep a lookout though for him and if you get to see Porto this year I'd recommend it. That league will be competitive this year with Porto and Sporting having a bit of a resurgence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

8-10 wrote: »
    For me the young player at the club with the most potential to turn out to be a really strong player on the World stage is Emre Can

And I honestly don't see any other manager getting more out of him than Klopp.

Also Ruben Neves is ridiculously good already at such a young age. Unfortunately can't for a second see Porto selling him. For the first time in 10 years, Porto have had 3 really strong Portuguese players playing in the middle of their midfield and there is huge expectations that Neves, Danilo and Andre Andre (yep- his real name) will be as good as Costinha, Maniche and (adopted Portuguese) Deco

Neves is really going to be the star of that team. I'd wet myself if we could get him but no way am I getting my hopes up. Keep a lookout though for him and if you get to see Porto this year I'd recommend it. That league will be competitive this year with Porto and Sporting having a bit of a resurgence

Everyone keeps banging on about Can being the business but I have seen little to confirm this myself. Poor in possession and liable to lose concentration any moment, every time I,'ve watched him. Good character and the odd swashbuckling run is not enough for me.

Perhaps Porto will take back markovic in part payment for Neves. He was developing nicely there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

garra wrote: »
    Perhaps Porto will take back markovic in part payment for Neves. He was developing nicely there.

He was at Benfica.

I really want to see Markovic under Klopp. The main thing he needs to add to his game is aggression, and noone will add that like Jurgen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

not yet wrote: »

Happy fcuking days.

Not much point attracting them when we won't/can't pay that much.

Klopp was very realistic about that, finance is after all the biggest factor for signings.

As mentioned here by harry I'd say they'll be maybe signing 2 or 3 players instead of 5 or 6, definite first team starter players rather than some of the buys the last few years. I'd say that means Klopp thinks there's a decent squad of players there, 3 or 4 upgrades and we'd be close to what's needed for a top 4 side battling on all fronts.

Its all early days on players that will be leaving but goalkeeper, first choice left back, CB and midfield would need to be addressed, assuming Enrique and Toure will be leaving soon. Whether Mig gets replaced or becomes a squad player, need a quality LB long term as well as a CB to replace Toure, and that's before any decision on Lovren and an upgrade/replacement for Lucas long term.

Ilori needs to be coming back to get games next season, Flanagan can be a utility LB/RB and Gomez maybe on loan after new signings.

That would give good competition/choices at the back, Mig/new singing, Moreno/new signing, Sakho, Skrtel, new signing, Ilori, Lovren/Gomez and Clyne/Flanagan RB. Maybe a more attacking RB needed but a general stab at it.

Wonder how Milner will fare out not being Rodgers first choice now. He goes back to City utility player for me now which is no mark against him and could prove very useful. I think he'll do fine as Klopp will love his energy and work ethic, maybe attacking RM is the more obvious place for him and then a midfield utility player.

Lucas as our best holding midfielder will have a squad place I think, he was one of our best players against Everton and showed why he's not just a DM. Upgradeable long term though. Henderson, Can, upgrade on Lucas and Milner is probably enough there.

Up front depends on how Benteke fits in. Sturridge will be fine, stay reasonably fit and it's impossible to ditch a finisher of his class and calmness. I think Markovic could definitely find a place in the squad.Hard to know with Lalana but he played in a high pressing team at Southampton so it shouldn't be alien to him.

TLDR; I don't think the squad is as bad as made out. 3 or 4 quality signings would make a big difference, but we've been saying that for 3 or 4 years now. Klopp will attract some players that mightn't have been real targets for us previously so hopefully less fcuk ups and less punts on potential like Alberto or Aspas. Use that money to buy 1 player at a higher level for the same money.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

we just stop signing players, psych everyone out

Galvanised.

It worked that time so...........

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone watching The Sunday Supplement they just let a few things out about what Rodgers said off the record.

Rodgers at the time didn't think Suarez was worth the £40m Arsenal offered.

They then had a fight about letting the public know Rodgers said this and other things off the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Anyone watching The Sunday Supplement they just let a few things out about what Rodgers said off the record.

Rodgers at the time didn't think Suarez was worth the £40m Arsenal offered.

They then had a fight about letting the public know Rodgers said this off the record.

Jaysis. The usual two will be pulling each others' pigtails on here shortly.

Was it just one of then let that slip, or did it seem to be known by some or all of them on an off the record basis?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement