Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

He's really endearing himself to the Liverpool people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Our future no 9 (or 1+8):pac: Would be a hell of a signing but still a dream at this stage as FSG would have to dig deep into their pockets. Klopp factor would only help up to a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Klopp hanging out with the locals and having a beer!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-34499859

I have that line from the Simpsons in my head now: "I have to tell you…your beer is like *swill* to us."

I was thinking similarly when he apologised about his english at the start of the press conference.

'My English is how you say...inelegant'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I was thinking similarly when he apologised about his english at the start of the press conference.

'My English is how you say...inelegant'

That's ok, Jurgen. My German is, how you say, sheisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lallana done an interview about his 100th since being at the club. Speaks a bit on Klopp & the usual im frustated with injuries I will improve. would rather he done his talking on the pitch.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/adam-lallana-very-excited-work-6614295#ICID=sharebar_twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Klopp hanging out with the locals and having a beer!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-34499859

I have that line from the Simpsons in my head now: "I have to tell you…your beer is like *swill* to us."

That's a great article. Your mans hilarious:

"I didn't take any pictures and didn't want to disturb him too much in case he activated the cooling-off period in his contract and went back to Dortmund."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Lallana done an interview about his 100th since being at the club. Speaks a bit on Klopp & the usual im frustated with injuries I will improve. would rather he done his talking on the pitch.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/adam-lallana-very-excited-work-6614295#ICID=sharebar_twitter

I liked his work in the Estonia match, played some good subtle stuff which is wasted on Hodgsons England alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

2 goals in 5 starts is pretty good form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I dunno about this Klopp chap lads, we haven't won a game since he's came in.

But we are unbeaten!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickerty wrote: »
    But we are unbeaten!!
    4 days and no title.

#kloppout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He's taking his first training session today, would love to be a fly on the wall for that. How many players are away on international duty?

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

murpho999 wrote: »
    He's taking his first training session today, would love to be a fly on the wall for that. How many players are away on international duty?

Henderson, Firmino, Coutinho, Lovren and Benteke are carrying injuries.

Ings, Clyne and Lallana are all away with England, Origi and Mignolet with Belgium, Allen with Wales, Sakho with France and Skrtel with Slovakia. Gomez and Ibe are with the England U21s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Apparently he also cut out a day off the returning international lads were gonna have also....

:)

zippy84 wrote: »
    Henderson, Firmino, Coutinho, Lovren and Benteke are carrying injuries.

Ings, Clyne and Lallana are all away with England, Origi and Mignolet with Belgium, Allen with Wales, Sakho with France and Skrtel with Slovakia. Gomez and Ibe are with the England U21s.

Ok, so the injured lads can still be at first team meeting this am, whilst the other lads will have to wait till Wednesday.

Doesn't give him a lot of time to prepare for Spurs match.

Ok, so the injured lads can still be at first team meeting this am, whilst the other lads will have to wait till Wednesday.

Doesn't give him a lot of time to prepare for Spurs match.

True, doubt we'll see much in the way of improvement for a few weeks, bar a bit more optimism and maybe playing players in their more natural positions.

True, doubt we'll see much in the way of improvement for a few weeks, bar a bit more optimism and maybe playing players in their more natural positions.

Yes, consistent improvement will take a while and signings but I do hope to see a 'Klopp' bounce that often happens with a new manager.

Of course playing players in correct positions could be key as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jesus, I'd say the lads will be in for some shock when they get back from internationals

"What? You're playing me as a midfielder?! Why the fcuk are ya playing me in midfield?! You must be off your t1its Jurgo!"

"Well Emre..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Decided to have a look at a load of Firminho videos last night. Watched a load of Hoffenhiem stuff, then all his performances for us. I think his main problem is the higher quality and speed of pressing in the premier league. At Hoffenhiem he had seemed to have good awareness of where his own players where so he could fix his mistakes whenever he was in trouble trying to beat players. And that happens quite a bit to him for Liverpool. He doesn't have as much time to get the ball, retain it while picking out a good pass. His best moments in Germany were in fast counterattacks, it seems.

It should also be mentioned that he's a pretty good shot and his body language in Germany showed him to be a lot more confident than we've seen. In short, I think if Klopp is gonna play those speedy counters, and if Firminho adapts to the pressing and gets more awareness in a tighter system, he'll be juuuuuust fiiiine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will this site be fixed before Klopp is sacked?

wot is going on with the site anyhow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Id love to know where this myth that Can is a midfielder comes from

I would like him to be a midfielder but he has rarely played a good game in midfield. Any of his best performances have been from the back. Apart from Emre and a couple of pundits wanting him to play midfield I have yet to see any real indication that he deserves to play midfield. At the moment he is an average full back who can play midfield or center back.

Dont get me wrong he is good on the ball and can make impressive runs but so can Clyne and Moreno and they are no center mids I tell ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Decided to have a look at a load of Firminho videos last night. Watched a load of Hoffenhiem stuff, then all his performances for us. I think his main problem is the higher quality and speed of pressing in the premier league. At Hoffenhiem he had seemed to have good awareness of where his own players where so he could fix his mistakes whenever he was in trouble trying to beat players. And that happens quite a bit to him for Liverpool. He doesn't have as much time to get the ball, retain it while picking out a good pass. His best moments in Germany were in fast counterattacks, it seems.

It should also be mentioned that he's a pretty good shot and his body language in Germany showed him to be a lot more confident than we've seen. In short, I think if Klopp is gonna play those speedy counters, and if Firminho adapts to the pressing and gets more awareness in a tighter system, he'll be juuuuuust fiiiine.

An element of adjustment needed, pity about the injury too. Still Klopp will know a lot about him already so that will be a huge advantage, whereas with Rodgers he seemed to be fitted into a system.

From the bits I've seen he should fit in, presses high, loads of energy and an exceptional tackle count for an attacking player.
    http://basstunedtored.com/2015/06/29/roberto-firmino-201415-stats-review/

More tackles than any forward or attacking midfield player in any of the top 5 European leagues and what's really relevant to Klopp, tends to tackle high up and good ball recovery stats too.

I suppose a lot depends on formations, can we get the best out of him and Coutinho in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Maybe a diamond formation.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Id love to know where this myth that Can is a midfielder comes from
    I've seen him make elementary mistakes at the back on more than one occasion that have caused us to concede. Fair enough every defense makes mistakes but things like getting sucked out of position would lead me to believe it's not his natural position.

leak and potato soup
    toasted ham and cheese sambo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I've seen him make elementary mistakes at the back on more than one occasion that have caused us to concede. Fair enough every defense makes mistakes but things like getting sucked out of position would lead me to believe it's not his natural position.

Thats fair but why would we put in center mid just because he was weak at the back a few times? I mean we wouldnt put Lovren center mid.

Every single manager that has ever managed Emre has put him in their defence. National and club level. He reminds me of Martin Kelly. Martin Kelly always wanted to be a center back but anytime he played there he was average. So ever manager put him at right back where he played his best stuff.

While your correct about him making mistakes at the back, he also made mistakes playing center mid. In fact when he was playing his best stuff for us it was from the back.

Now I also think Can could be a good defensive mid for us in the future (albeit that is more hope than belief), but he has not proven it yet and all this talk on here that it is his natural position is based on zero evidence. Its pure opinion that that has become sudo-fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

leak and potato soup

That's not a breakfast

leak and potato soup

There will be no talk of lunch in this thread, it's a breakfast only zone.

If that was actually your breakfast, we have a far bigger problem...

Mr.H wrote: »
    Now I also think Can could be a good defensive mid for us in the future (albeit that is more hope than belief), but he has not proven it yet and all this talk on here that it is his natural position is based on zero evidence. Its pure opinion that that has become sudo-fact.

Definitely don't think he was purchased to play in defense. I think we will see him in defensive midfield as the team progresses. I don't know what his natural position is, I just don't think it's as a defender. He tends to follow the ball and break down play as well as going on runs.

You only have to look at the last 15-20 minutes against Sion to realise Can is a midfielder. Looked a different player once he was moved out of the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

leak and potato soup

I support the move to Lunch discussions ....

Breakfasts were Rodgers era.

I had a Tuna and Sweetcorn Sandwich and a bottle of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You only have to look at the last 15-20 minutes against Sion to realise Can is a midfielder. Looked a different player once he was moved out of the back.

Well 15-20mins against weak opposition is a bit small of a sample size. It's unclear to me what Can's best position is at this stage, he looks like a good footballer and athlete but I'm not sure if he should be defensive, box to box on the bench or what, he's a hard player to gauge, Klopp will know what to do hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

RayCon wrote: »

I second that.

Had some granola as couldn't leave my desk and was hungry, but might get a panini later - peppers, tuna and cheese I'm thinking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

As soon as I get word, I'll post up here as to how his training sessions are compared to Rogers...

We're friends of the parents of a player there that has recently been promoted to training with first team squad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RayCon wrote: »

I had a Tuna and Sweetcorn Sandwich and a bottle of water.

Epic call on the Tuna and Sweetcorn sambo, it went down a treat :)

That's two lunch posts reported now, who else is looking for a lengthy ban? I'm sure the mods will oblige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's two lunch posts reported now, who else is looking for a lengthy ban? I'm sure the mods will oblige.
    Is it yourself reporting them marty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Technically, all the posts around this time are lunch posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Really looking forward to the Spurs game now. I feel that if this team was to ever get a reaction, then a team like Spurs might be the best to see it tested. They are a decent team, but I think if we were to get going, then we would overwhelm them.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Is it yourself reporting them marty?

Of course, someone has to clean this place up, this is the place for discussing breakfast and sometimes Liverpool, not feckin lunch.

I didn't actually report anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Snitches end up in ditches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd prefer a lengthy baguette,if you're offering...not keen on tuna tho so keep that In mind. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd prefer a lengthy baguette,if you're offering...not keen on tuna tho so keep that I'm mind. Thanks.

Said the French actress to the Bishop.

Rookie mistake, always good to have those posts in the back pocket, then if you catch a ban you can try and take everyone down with you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rookie mistake, always good to have those posts in the back pocket, then if you catch a ban you can try and take everyone down with you.

Noobs will eventually learn :D

Ah the grenade strategy, I may or may not have used this before.

I'm going to start a lunch notebook. People will think it's recipes, they will be dead wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pilsbury Doughboy was right about you.

Ah the grenade strategy, I may or may not have used this before.

I'm going to start a lunch notebook. People will think it's recipes, they will be dead wrong.

Its a suggestions book for my lunch tomorrow isnt it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I spent the weekend with a bunch of lads from college, whereby I put the words, "Jurgen Klopp", into pretty much every song I could. This also spread into everyday vernacular, such as "Ah lads, any club but Kloppers". Or when they started singing their own songs, telling them they've breached Kloppywrite.

Some Classics:

Build me up, Jurgen Klopp Baby
    If You're Happy And You Know it, Klopp Your Hands.
    All We Need is Klopp
    Jurgen Is The Gaffer
    Klopp, Klopp, Klopp.

It was a good weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Of course

That's all I needed....scumbag :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement