Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

D'Agger wrote: »
    That's all I needed....scumbag :pac:

So you're going to report me for pretending to report posts?

A reportception, of sorts. Evil ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    So you're going to report me for pretending to report posts?

A reportception, of sorts. Evil ****.

The thing you need to realise about D'Aggs is, well, he's from Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Knex. wrote: »
    I spent the weekend with a bunch of lads from college, whereby I put the words, "Jurgen Klopp", into pretty much every song I could. This also spread into everyday vernacular, such as "Ah lads, any club but Kloppers". Or when they started singing their own songs, telling them they've breached Kloppywrite.

Some Classics:

Build me up, Jurgen Klopp Baby
    If You're Happy And You Know it, Klopp Your Hands.
    All We Need is Klopp
    Jurgen Is The Gaffer
    Klopp, Klopp, Klopp.

It was a good weekend.

I think you may have had to have been there .......

:pac:

RayCon wrote: »
    I think you may have had to have been there .......

:pac:

Nah, went to Everleigh. Last time I was there, back when I lived in the Big Shmoke, it was horrific. Was jammers and they didn't have that smoking room extension place I'm sure.

Happy to report that this time around it was a good laugh. I'd give it four Klopps out of five.

The thing you need to realise about D'Aggs is, well, he's from Kerry.

Well then, I am very sorry for his troubles. Living in Kerry is akin to wiping your hole with a cactus, except the cactus also has a sh1te accent.

Sorry again D'Agger. I can't even imagine having to live there, in the arse of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Chipper for me. Helped me fight the hangover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Well 15-20mins against weak opposition is a bit small of a sample size. It's unclear to me what Can's best position is at this stage, he looks like a good footballer and athlete but I'm not sure if he should be defensive, box to box on the bench or what, he's a hard player to gauge, Klopp will know what to do hopefully.

Can reminds me a bit of Sami Khedira. Not your typical defensive midfielder, but can do a job there. Also capable of adding some attacking threat when called upon, spray a good pass, offer support to all positions around him.
    There is the makings of a really good player in there somewhere, hopefully Klopp can nurture that ability into a decent player.
    Same can be said for a lot of players in our squad, they have the qualities to be good players, we just weren't seeing it much under Rodgers for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nah, went to Everleigh. Last time I was there, back when I lived in the Big Shmoke, it was horrific. Was jammers and they didn't have that smoking room extension place I'm sure.

Happy to report that this time around it was a good laugh. I'd give it four Klopps out of five.

I hate that place. The times I've been there it's been packed, absolute hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I went all out for lunch as the other half is being a right selfish bitch and gone away for a few days leaving me to cook and fend for myself.
    If it can't be cooked in one pot, I can't cook it.
    So it's sandwich week all week.

Brown bread mini baps with mature red cheddar, a heap of lettuce, a tomato, fourteen slices of ham (no sorry four thin slices of ham please) Mayo and brown sauce.
    A tin of Pepsi poured into a glass with all the fizz drank before it settled.

I miss the days when it was simply "Scrambled eggs on toast" or "Fry up".

I guess the times are changing though, no use fighting it any longer.

Turkey. Bread. With a side of disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A tin of Pepsi poured into a glass with all the fizz drank before it settled.

Pepsi? I knew you were weird, but JESUS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What sort of deviant drinks Pepsi willingly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

martyos121 wrote: »
    Turkey. Bread. With a side of disappointment.

Lunch Marty .... it's the future.

Jeez, I sounded like Dr. Emmett Brown there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Microwavable Chili Con Carne from Aldi, an apple and a cup of water.

Living the dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickerty wrote: »
    Pepsi? I knew you were weird, but JESUS...
    Vicxas wrote: »
    OwaynOTT....life on the edge...

The only time you hear Pepsi in a conversation is when they reply "Is Pepsi ok?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pepsi Max is nicer than all the other cokes. I don't care if I get carded.

Want to blow your mind? Couscous is pasta, not rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Semolina.

I thought it was it's own separate thing!

Bananas are berries.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Semolina.

That word always reminds me of the ad in the 80s -

Semolina, Semolina — just whisk and serve
    Semolina’s new, Semolina’s first!
    Bird’s have turned good old semolina into
    deliciously creamy tasting Whisk and Serve Semolina.
    Semolina, Semolina just what they deserve
    Semolina whisk, Semolina stir
    [Tune: Thumbelina]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Grayditch wrote: »
    Pepsi Max is nicer than all the other cokes. I don't care if I get carded.
    Pepsi is not even close to being as nice as coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ok, ok...as funny as all this is, can we get back on topic please?

It's the Liverpool Superthread.

There is an off-topic thread.

Or Boards has a great Food & Drink forum on the site located here if you want to continue this discussion ad nauseum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=35.

K. Thx. Bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyway! Transfers :)

Andre Ayew, Gundogan, Rubén Neves,
    LFCZA
    @LFCZA

Bingo RT @scoutsattending: #lfc scout watched Porto's Ruben Neves in Por U21 2-0 Hun on Fri, reported that Pep Lijnders has recommended him
    12:18 PM - 11 Oct 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Had a lovely bowl of noodles and a can of coke while reading about Klopps first day (Liverpool talk) ;)

Anyone have an injury update from the internationals?? will we have anyone missing for Saturday?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »
    Had a lovely bowl of noodles and a can of coke while reading about Klopps first day (Liverpool talk) ;)

Anyone have an injury update from the internationals?? will we have anyone missing for Saturday?

Ings withdrew from the England games, hopefully not serious. I haven't heard about anything else so far anyhow. Still some hurdles to jump though.

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

http://www.thisisanfield.com/season/injuries/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'd hop if we did get him we would actually put him to use rather than loaning him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ardre Ayew offered to play for Liverpool for free till January during the summer to show he was good enough now he probably cost £15m if we do go back in for him.

• Advertisement

Ardre Ayew offered to play for Liverpool for free till January during the summer to show he was good enough now he probably cost £15m if we do go back in for him.

Thanks Obama....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Thanks Obama....

:confused:

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd hop if we did get him we would actually put him to use rather than loaning him out.

Well at the price floating about (30m) he'd have to be a starter. Neves only played 5 mins in the Euro U21s, that Portuguese midfield is so good.

Is Benteke fit?

Thanks Obama....

You're welcome Trump......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's still ridiculous that the tribunal haven't settled on a fee for Ings yet. I've posted about it a few times before - main thing I'm worried about is a large sell-on fee. There's also talk now that his performances and England call up will influence the tribunal price which is not right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They can't take account of things after the transfer though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Is Benteke fit?

I'm sure he's very handsome to some...

brevity wrote: »
    I'm sure he's very handsome to some...

is it PC to say tall and dark?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

8-10 wrote: »
    It's still ridiculous that the tribunal haven't settled on a fee for Ings yet. I've posted about it a few times before - main thing I'm worried about is a large sell-on fee. There's also talk now that his performances and England call up will influence the tribunal price which is not right

Should the tribunal not be based on and up till he left burnley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5 days. I can't wait to see how we play. He'll hardly have had any time with the squad, so I'm not expecting much, but I'm excited to see him on the touchline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

is it PC to say tall and dark?? :D

You'd be safer with "deeply tanned" I reckon

All this nonsense about Benteke not being able to press. If he can follow simple instructions and can run around a lot, then he can press. It's not exactly a difficult concept to teach. I love the way some fans with a little knowledge come to spurious conclusions about a player's future, based on the fact they were not particularly focussed on one aspect of the game in the past. Makes me chuckle so it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

'Any pics from training today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

K-9 wrote: »
    They can't take account of things after the transfer though.
    klose wrote: »
    Should the tribunal not be based on and up till he left burnley?

They should only take account up to the date he left, but an Echo article last month was saying that the tribunal are only human and wouldn't be surprised if these things affected it.

Should have been sorted a long time ago. Having said that, at least the kid himself didn't have to wait before moving, it's at least good that he could move and play his football before the red tape got resolved

garra wrote: »
    All this nonsense about Benteke not being able to press. If he can follow simple instructions and can run around a lot, then he can press. It's not exactly a difficult concept to teach. I love the way some fans with a little knowledge come to spurious conclusions about a player's future, based on the fact they were not particularly focussed on one aspect of the game in the past. Makes me chuckle so it does.

Pressing is not "running around". I'm sure he wont have an issue with it but you have grossly over simplifed things here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

rob316 wrote: »
    'Any pics from training today?

Not yet but little on it here
    Jurgen Klopp took charge of his first Liverpool training session on Monday – and was handed an immediate boost with Philippe Coutinho among the players taking part.

The Brazilian, who pulled out of Dunga's national squad last week due to a groin injury, was one of nine first-team players participating with several players still missing through injury or international duty.

Klopp arrived at Melwood early on Monday, three days after being unveiled as the club's new manager, having watched the youth teams play at the Academy on Saturday.

The session, which began at 2.30pm, was believed to have lasted between 60 minutes and 75 minutes, and contained a number of players in contention for a starting place for Saturday's trip to Tottenham.

As well as being boosted by Coutinho's fitness, Daniel Sturridge, Alberto Moreno and Lucas Leiva were present.

In addition, James Milner and Mamadou Sakho, who had been away on international duty, returned, while Kolo Toure and Joao Carlos Teixeira also featured.

Dejan Lovren, who was stretchered off against Carlisle last month, was back in training too – but Roberto Firmino, who suffered a back injury in the same game, remained absent, along with the likes of Jordan Henderson and Christian Benteke.

Three young goalkeepers were also called up to take part in the training, which was taken by Klopp, as well as Peter Krawietz – one of his assistants at Dortmund – and Pep Lijnders.

Zeljko Buvac, another one of the club's assistants, is yet to arrive.

Before the session began, the new manager gathered the players into a huddle and spoke to them for just under five minutes.

I said this the other day - pressing is a distinct tactic, not just clocking up miles. It requires
    a particular diligence and willingness to act quickly when the pressing is needed.

Good to see Teixeira at the training session.

"Before the session began, the new manager gathered the players into a huddle and spoke to them for just under five minutes."

Would love to know what was said :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Before the session began, the new manager gathered the players into a huddle and spoke to them for just under five minutes."

"In this envelope is three names......."

*** German Profanities ***

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement