Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's two lunch posts reported now, who else is looking for a lengthy ban? I'm sure the mods will oblige.

Reported for back seat modding.

Not really, I have better things to do neville.

SlickRic wrote: »
    ok, ok...as funny as all this is, can we get back on topic please?

It's the Liverpool Superthread.

There is an off-topic thread.

Or Boards has a great Food & Drink forum on the site located here if you want to continue this discussion ad nauseum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=35.

K. Thx. Bye.

I prefer talking about LFC there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I said this the other day - pressing is a distinct tactic, not just clocking up miles. It requires
    a particular diligence and willingness to act quickly when the pressing is needed.

Good to see Teixeira at the training session.

I am interested to see if tex gets a run under klopp, last chance for him really as his contract is up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Lovren is back already, surprised by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana starts with Clyne and Ings on the bench for England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just mulling over here - since BR appointed Hendo captain - can Klopp come in and change that?

Say he thinks (for his own reasons) that Hendo isn't captain material, can he give him the heave-ho?

sahko for captain, or suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sterling could only dream of striking a ball like that even in training. But hopefully Klopp can help Ibe restore some confidence.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sterling could only dream of striking a ball like that even in training. But hopefully Klopp can help Ibe restore some confidence.

Why does every post you make about Ibe have some reference to Sterling? Will you shut up the **** about how Ibe is/will be better than Sterling. You sound like an idiot. Sterling is a £50m pound player and Ibe has done absolutely zero in the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why does every post you make about Ibe have some reference to Sterling? Will you shut up the **** about how Ibe is/will be better than Sterling. You sound like an idiot. Sterling is a £50m pound player and Ibe has done absolutely zero in the game.

That's a bit of an overreaction.

5starpool wrote: »
    That's a bit of an overreaction.

Fair enough, sorry if it came across a little overboard MD1990 but the constant comparisons to Sterling are annoying. Let Ibe develop and lets see where he is in a year or two. They are completely different types of players that have very little in common in terms of strengths/weaknesses so I don't even understand why one is used as the yardstick for the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lol it was a joke u clown. I have never said Ibe is better than Sterling only that he can strike the ball better than him which isnt hard. You actually been the one overating Sterling to use against Rodgers. He was 50m only because he is English as he actually regressed since 13\14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just mulling over here - since BR appointed Hendo captain - can Klopp come in and change that?

Say he thinks (for his own reasons) that Hendo isn't captain material, can he give him the heave-ho?

If he wants to. But if he does I'm sure henderson's moral will be at an all time low, so i suspect he will be kept on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Probably, but that's the last thing he will do! He's looking for buy in from the players, which will probably come very quickly. He's hardly going to spook the squad and alienate Henderson. I understand Henderson is pretty popular with the players so dont expect to see that at all. Possibly next season, but this season. Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I mean, he can do what he likes, but it'd be daft.

There's not really any other stand out options to be honest.

Sakho's a bit of a loon (but he'd probably still be my choice for vice-captain) and Lucas and Skrtel might have experience but they lack some mixture of consistency of form, fitness or leadership.

I don't think a new signing should generally be given such a strong leadership role like Milner straight away - it seems a bit small time. Having said that, I think he does have the right sort of qualities and I've been reasonably impressed with his more recent performances.

Hendo is consistent in form, fitness, he's got bags of... umm... character, he's lead before and he's almost inarguably our most important player (given Sturridge's fitness problems).
    I think he's a shoe in.
    Whatever gains one might imagine from replacing him would certainly be counter-acted by giving such an important player for us a kick in the balls of that magnitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

The manager appoints his captain.

Personally I think Hendo is a fine captain but if Kloppo signs another midfielder or 2 in winter break and concludes that Hendo will not always be in first 11, I would back the manager to make whatever decision he sees fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dublinario wrote: »
    Looks like Klopp's wasted no time sorting out the Lovren issue.

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/klopp-chases-dejan-lovren-into-nearby-forest/

I only realised that was a pisstake when it said the PFA hadn't commented, they always comment where Liverpool are involved.

I had thought that Ings left the England squad the other day, but apparently not as he has just come on to make his England debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just watching Yarmolenko there against Spain, he's running rings around them, anytime I have seen him he fairly boss. I would imagine no one can sign him like the Konoplyanka transfer we failed with as he should have been in a major league a long time ago.

Be perfect for us in the Reus role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Any word on how long Firmino will be out for? Did he break a bone in his back or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

brevity wrote: »
    Pressing is not "running around". I'm sure he wont have an issue with it but you have grossly over simplifed things here.

Make of it what you will, but 3 or 4 drills should be enough to impart the knowledge of which man to pick up against different formations. After that it's up to the player and they make enough dosh to run around A LOT! :P

(Having said that, I don't know if all the players are fit enough to play well at that tempo)

dublinario wrote: »
    Looks like Klopp's wasted no time sorting out the Lovren issue.

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/klopp-chases-dejan-lovren-into-nearby-forest/

you owe me one minute of my life back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I know this has been reported here but not sure if the video was actually posted.

Nice to hear that Fergie's worried about Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Any word on how long Firmino will be out for? Did he break a bone in his back or something?

Was never any official word strangely enough, Rodgers I believe said he may have broken a bone in his back but nothing on it since.

Why does anyone care what Fergie thinks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

8-10 wrote: »
    They should only take account up to the date he left, but an Echo article last month was saying that the tribunal are only human and wouldn't be surprised if these things affected it.

Should have been sorted a long time ago. Having said that, at least the kid himself didn't have to wait before moving, it's at least good that he could move and play his football before the red tape got resolved

Yeah but the article is wrong and the Telegraph, where it originated from should know better.
    With his U-21 experience and him just playing for Liverpool an international call up would have been factored in anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

i thought he was dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Skrtel off to the Euros now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Skrtel off to the Euros now.

Jaysus, he's going a bit early then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    Jaysus, he's going a bit early then!

He had a firm grip on the shirt of someone headed towards France, but when the ref didn't wade into the box to get him to let him go before the corner was taken, he ended up being dragged all the way over on the ferry.

corwill wrote: »
    He had a firm grip on the shirt of someone headed towards France, but when the ref didn't wade into the box to get him to let him go before the corner was taken, he ended up being dragged all the way over on the ferry.

The Darmian mode of transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

murpho999 wrote: »
    I know this has been reported here but not sure if the video was actually posted.

Fergie and his mind games. Klopp won't fall for it.

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Fergie and his mind games. Klopp won't fall for it.

He'll say the exact opposite in his next book. In a fortnight's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »

Keeps me awake most nights...worrying about what he thinks.

i thought he was dead

Nah, the ball missed his head.

Keeps me awake most nights...worrying about what he thinks.

If he came out and dismissed him the same people would be saying pay no attention to what he says.

Surprised at the Fergie reactions here. As much as I don't like United, I still respect him as a manager and all that he achieved. Don't understand why people are saying his opinion doesn't mean anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Surprised at the Fergie reactions here. As much as I don't like United, I still respect him as a manager and all that he achieved. Don't understand why people are saying his opinion doesn't mean anything.

One element of it might come from how he changes his public opinion based on whatever agenda he's pushing on that particular day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Gotta laugh at his dismissal of the 'Transfer commitee' , scout Bebe personally did he ? The era of managers being that hands on ended in the early 90's when teams started looking abroad at the Zola's rather then at Nottingham Forrest for the Roy Keane's. Of course there are no brainer manager directed signings but the vast majority are punts suggested by a 'committee' after being directed to find a pacy winger by the manager.

Liverpool's transfer committee is just an unfortunately public and dysfunctional(at least under Rodger's) example of what goes on behind closed doors at any modern club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm interested to see if the leaking of the team before games continues with Klopp there or if it's finally put to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gotta laugh at his dismissal of the 'Transfer commitee' , scout Bebe personally did he ? The era of managers being that hands on ended in the early 90's when teams started looking abroad at the Zola's rather then at Nottingham Forrest for the Roy Keane's. Of course there are no brainer manager directed signings but the vast majority are punts suggested by a 'committee' after being directed to find a pacy winger by the manager.

Liverpool's transfer committee is just an unfortunately public and dysfunctional(at least under Rodger's) example of what goes on behind closed doors at any modern club.

Yeah, like the structure of it makes perfect sense.

Manager says the type of player he wants, likely giving an example. Scouts etc all go off and find the best options they can, return to manager for his approval. He runs the rule over them and says the order of preference. Club tries to buy them in that order, getting the highest priority they can within budget.

The fact that it was a disaster under Rodgers looks more like terrible communication and implementation of the system, rather than the system itself.

For us it looked more like the "committee" had a certain amount allocated towards the managers immediate requirements, and a certain amount allocated towards buying players in random positions, with a view to long term profit. That element of it has to stop - for senior players at least, only guys who are viewed as adding something to the first team squad should be considered. For the long term profit game, stick to 15/16/17 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I'm interested to see if the leaking of the team before games continues with Klopp there or if it's finally put to bed

Don't think the leaking of team info was an internal thing, I think it was more of an issue of fans getting access to Melwood training pitches by standing on wheelie bins and looking over walls. Apparently the issue is being rectified now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In fairness, that came across as complete banter!

Also, he makes some good points, especailly regardingthe transfer committee and lack of trust in a manager.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Because he knows a thing or two about winning. Perhaps even more than your average poster on here

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Because he knows a thing or two about winning. Perhaps even more than your average poster on here

And he absolutely has LFC's best interests at hearts, he's a great lad that way.

corwill wrote: »
    And he absolutely has LFC's best interests at hearts, he's a great lad that way.

Exactly, and that's why it's good to hear him say that he's worried that LFC has appointed Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Who cares what Ferguson thinks, he hates us and we hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Exactly, and that's why it's good to hear him say that he's worried that LFC has appointed Klopp.
    Yes and he tells every reporter exactly what he genuinely thinks, stinks of mind games if he was still managing, more likely just a way to get some press, he misses all the attention

I seen someone on rawk say they are putting a screen around Melwood to stop this information leaking from people watching training sessions and making educated guesses which is apparently where much of that information came from.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement