Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Every time I look at one of his interviews, it just reminds me of this fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

way too much talk of Ferguson.

It will be interesting to see if both Sturridge & Ings start Saturday or most likely just one of them. Ings is in good form & Firmino is still injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, he hates Liverpool, we hate him. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    way too much talk of Ferguson.

Unless its Hannah

http://art-in-focus.ru/uploads/posts/2014-09/1411271503_hannah_ferguson.jpg

Edited to protect Lucky Lloyd's employment prospects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, like the structure of it makes perfect sense.

Manager says the type of player he wants, likely giving an example. Scouts etc all go off and find the best options they can, return to manager for his approval. He runs the rule over them and says the order of preference. Club tries to buy them in that order, getting the highest priority they can within budget.

The fact that it was a disaster under Rodgers looks more like terrible communication and implementation of the system, rather than the system itself.

For us it looked more like the "committee" had a certain amount allocated towards the managers immediate requirements, and a certain amount allocated towards buying players in random positions, with a view to long term profit. That element of it has to stop - for senior players at least, only guys who are viewed as adding something to the first team squad should be considered. For the long term profit game, stick to 15/16/17 year olds.

Spot on i think , and i think it works well in american sports where player can come in for one specfic play that takes s few seconds , then be taken in/out as required .
    Even in a more fluid game like soccer it can be a sucessful and lucrative policy if implemented right and not at the expense of first team options . Given the amount of competitions and the amount of money any club in the pl can spend makes it very lucrative and a good business plan .
    Just proper contraints and direction with the manager / coaches giving imput would work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, she can knock me off my perch any day

With all the DVD viewing Klopp is putting himself through (and some of the games will surely test his endurance) I hope someone will stick a couple of games like Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal and Liverpool 3 - 2 Man City in the pile as they show what the side can do if well set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lads...the NSFW pics need to be in spoilers. I don't like reporting posts!

Not safe for work? I was watching Secretary last night - that's not safe for work! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

With all the DVD viewing Klopp is putting himself through (and some of the games will surely test his endurance) I hope someone will stick a couple of games like Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal and Liverpool 3 - 2 Man City in the pile as they show what the side can do if well set up.

And Being Liverpool Season One. He can finally sort the conundrum. Did Sterling say "steady"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He'd only want to watch the first half of the City game tbh if he wants to be impressed! Second half we got our arses handed to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Unless its Hannah

http://art-in-focus.ru/uploads/posts/2014-09/1411271503_hannah_ferguson.jpg

Major camel toe going on there

You could use that as a snooker rest if she was laying on her back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

x43r0 wrote: »

You could use that as a snooker rest if she was laying on her back

Pot the pink ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Cheers boss. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to oogle the picture (and may very well do after work!).

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

so.... team for Saturday?

..........................Ming......................

..............Skrtel...............Sakho.........
    ....Clyne.................................Moreno

...................Can.......Lucas................

.........Milner.....................Lallana.......
    .....................Coutinho......................

..................Sturridge........................

maybe swap Can for Milner?

kop77 wrote: »
    so.... team for Saturday?

..........................Ming......................

..............Skrtel...............Sakho.........
    ....Clyne.................................Moreno

...................Can.......Lucas................

.........Milner.....................Lallana.......
    .....................Coutinho......................

..................Sturridge........................

maybe swap Can for Milner?

Has to be 4-4-2 diamond for me.

.................Minging
    Clyne---Skrtel--Sakho--Moreno
    Lucas
    Can
    Milner
    Coutinho
    Sturridge----Ings

The one team Rodgers seemed to have the upper hand on, Spurs, and its Klopp first game.

Queue those feckers ruining our weekend now.

Still, I am very excite.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    The one team Rodgers seemed to have the upper hand on, Spurs, and its Klopp first game.

Queue those feckers ruining our weekend now.

Still, I am very excite.

Well we've beaten them the last 5 times we've played them in the league with a combined score of 18-4, so they owe us one now. Hopefully they won't give it to us this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    Well we've beaten them the last 5 times we've played them in the league with a combined score of 18-4, so they owe us one now. Hopefully they won't give it to us this weekend.

And we use to struggle there, right? Raging I've to work Saturday, think I might ring in dead.

• Advertisement

For saturday I would go 4-3-3. I would give Origi a start as Lallana is doing well last few weeks but takes up similar positions to Coutinho.

Mignolet--
    Clyne---Skrtel---Sakho---Moreno
    Milner----Lucas----
    Coutinho
    Sturridge---Ings
    Origi

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And we use to struggle there, right? Raging I've to work Saturday, think I might ring in dead.

Its been a while since anyone would have felt the need to use that excuse, so I'd say you'd get away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Live on BT it will feel like an old-fashioned build up to an FA cup final for me.

Live on BT it will feel like an old-fashioned build up to an FA cup final for me.

I suspect BT might treat it like an FA Cup final such is the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I suspect BT might treat it like an FA Cup final such is the hype.

That's what I expect.

Sky will do the same with it whenever we are next live on there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Has to be 4-4-2 diamond for me.

.................Minging
    Clyne---Skrtel--Sakho--Moreno
    Lucas
    Can
    Milner
    Coutinho
    Sturridge----Ings

Klopp has pretty much exclusively used a 4231 at Dortmund atleast, would be surprised is it was anything else here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Seems to be a lot of love on here recently for Moreno LB in a back 4. Not sure what that is based on, the lad really cant defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Rafa's first game was also away to Spurs in 2004! (I was actually at it!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Seems to be a lot of love on here recently for Moreno LB in a back 4. Not sure what that is based on, the lad really cant defend.

None of our defenders could defend under rodgers tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Love how they put "Ex Liverpool" player in the headline, sure he was at Sunderland and QPR after iirc....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

murpho999 wrote: »
    Rafa's first game was also away to Spurs in 2004! (I was actually at it!)

And Klopp signed his contract in the exact same room as rafa did aswell. Its like 2005 with all the co-incidences again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

jonny24ie wrote: »
    And Klopp signed his contract in the exact same room as rafa did aswell. Its like 2005 with all the co-incidences again

Mmm also both twice champions of home league with smaller clubs.

Anymore ?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Mmm also both twice champions of home league with smaller clubs.

Anymore ?

Well I was getting laid in 2005 as much as I am getting laid now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

jonny24ie wrote: »
    None of our defenders could defend under rodgers tho.

Fair cop. I just dont think Moreno has it in him to be a good defender. Happy to be proved wrong, but the lad is an out and out wing back, I'd even play him as a winger rather than full back.

Fair cop. I just dont think Moreno has it in him to be a good defender. Happy to be proved wrong, but the lad is an out and out wing back, I'd even play him as a winger rather than full back.

I actually think with the right coaching he will flourish very like Bale, start out as a LB then LWB then LWF. Looking at a few highlights over the last while its clear that most of the defense had no idea where any of the other defenders were, make them all more aware and they will all become better defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That's what I expect.

Sky will do the same with it whenever we are next live on there too.

Week after same time as a potential Ireland Rugby semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I was sure it was gonna be for crimes against fashion ...

cisse620_1639355a.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Week after same time as a potential Ireland Rugby semi final

That will be a nice problem to have. Football on the laptop with one of the headphones on, and rugby on the telly that the missus will be watching too is the way to go I reckon if I need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A bit off topic but does anyone use the Chromcast to stream from the laptop to the TV?Is it any good?

Thinking of getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

brevity wrote: »
    A bit off topic but does anyone use the Chromcast to stream from the laptop to the TV?Is it any good?

Thinking of getting one

Bearing in mind you can only stream what your watching on Chrome browser and a few other specific apps, and if you don't have a smart TV, yes it is worth it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm interested to see if the leaking of the team before games continues with Klopp there or if it's finally put to bed

As mentioned the screening was put up a month or 2 ago, I haven't noticed any team sheets leaked in the last few weeks so anyway. Why it went on for so long and under different managers, I don't know. I think Sherwood mentioned it when we played Villa, it really was a running joke.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

brevity wrote: »

Thinking of getting one

use it to stream BT sports from my phone to the TV, works really well, wouldn't notice the difference between that and actual sky box.

No idea how it is with the laptop though

What brave soldier is going to be responsible for Klopp's first match thread anyway?

One of the papers said he did watch the City game which was encouraging for him and the team. Nothing new there for us supporters as we know we are capable of performances like that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

K-9 wrote: »
    As mentioned the screening was put up a month or 2 ago, I haven't noticed any team sheets leaked in the last few weeks so anyway. Why it went on for so long and under different managers, I don't know. I think Sherwood mentioned it when we played Villa, it really was a running joke.

The team has still been getting leaked almost every week so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What brave soldier is going to be responsible for Klopp's first match thread anyway?

I have yet to comandeer a match thread......

.....and that won't be changing anytime soon.

He was excellent defensively vs Everton & didn't give Deulofeu a kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Is it not a bit ridiculous that Ings' tribunal valuation seems to be rising due to things that he's done since joining Liverpool. Surely it should only be judged on his career before joining the club. The price seems to be rising weekly at the moment.

The team has still been getting leaked almost every week so far this season.

Yes, until a few weeks ago, when the screening was put up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think I've earned by Spurs by now and should probably have s crack at it.
    Hopefully it doesn't end up like my last attempt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement