Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Found a clip of Klopp's half time speech against Malaga...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

das ist ein team gentlemen

typically they use the same person in a given country for a given actor.

1. Easy money
    2. Imagine being able to say 'yeah I'm the german Al Pachino'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

typically they use the same person in a given country for a given actor.

On any given Sunday.

But that IS Al Pacino. He's that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see City have posted a £10M profit from last season - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34531770

I know people will say who cares - but the fact that our four major rivals are now all profit-making self-sustaining entities means we simply can't wait for the likes of Roman to just walk away from the club expecting the whole thing to collapse without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see City have posted a £10M profit from last season - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34531770

I know people will say who cares - but the fact that our four major rivals are now all profit-making self-sustaining entities means we simply can't wait for the likes of Roman to just walk away from the club expecting the whole thing to collapse without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Our new management team.

12087321_10153821561302573_2283825132463457699_o.jpg

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'll be very, very impressed if he gets a win after having only a few days with the squad to implement any kind of system, enough to beat Spurs. I'll not expecting anything at all. There's always 2nd of April ;)

Worst case scenario system is get ball to Sturridge via Coutinho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Photos dont show much, looks like he's all about sizing up who he has to work with.

This might explain another summer signing.
    It is known that Dortmund, throughout Klopp's final two years at the club, were alert to Gomez's emergence at Charlton. They would, had Liverpool not come calling, have firmed up their interest back in the summer.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-analysis-klopps-ibe-10254876

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

CRRyg-NWoAAj5_q.jpg

I also love that his initials are "JK".

Perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Fears gomez has done his acl. Shame if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

brevity wrote: »
    A bit off topic but does anyone use the Chromcast to stream from the laptop to the TV?Is it any good?

Thinking of getting one

just get a cheap android tv box....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Is that some sort of jk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bascombe saying Gomez' season is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seen that, fears he done his acl.! Guess that means another defender will be in for january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can we recall Ilori?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Horrible news, hopefully that doesn't effect his pace when he gets back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gutted for Gomez, our young players always fall through the cracks after their injuries (Flanagan, Yesil)

Im hoping he can make a comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BBC confirmed it.

Southgate originally down played it, just typical.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That's a real sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Terrible news. Southgate said it wasn't much ffs. He was superb at the start of the season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That injury will ruin his pace, so no more games at full-back for him I'd say. He's also going to have to work way harder on his technique and reading of the game because if you lose your pace, you need to make up for it in skill.

martyos121 wrote: »
    That injury will ruin his pace, so no more games at full-back for him I'd say. He's also going to have to work way harder on his technique and reading of the game because if you lose your pace, you need to make up for it in skill.

Jesus he might as well retire now with that attitude. He will be fine & won't lose pace he is only 19 and will get top class rehab.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Jesus he might as well retire now with that attitude. He will be fine & won't lose pace he is only 19 and will get top class rehab.

A torn ACL is absolutely devestating, it will be months before he can even jog again, players are never as fast as they were before such an injury. I really do hope it doesn't affect him too much, but he will certainly not be as fast as he was when he returns. It also depends on how bad the tear is. Walcott tore his ACL and his pace wasn't hampered too much, bur a bad tear can have lasting effects.

It's not an attitude, it's just the reality of the situation.

City's wage turn over is now lower than ours and Arsenal's so to say we can't compete with wages is now also wrong.

• Advertisement

A torn ACL is absolutely devestating, it will be months before he can even jog again, players are never as fast as they were before such an injury. I really do hope it doesn't affect him too much, but he will certainly not be as fast as he was when he returns. It also depends on how bad the tear is. Walcott tore his ACL and his pace wasn't hampered too much, bur a bad tear can have lasting effects.

Years ago it was devastating. But now with clubs having better physios & with S&C players are able to get back to there previous level. Walcott lost no pace § Diego Costa had one earlier in his career before too before played at Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Take a look at the NFL, or even college football, its nowhere near as big a deal as it used to be.

Its a serious injury, but its not guaranteed that he'll lose his speed or agility at all. Even the patella injury Ronaldo suffered when reaching his peak, which is far worse, is dealt with much better nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

It's simply not true that pace is lost with a ACL tear from my limited but reasonable knowledge of the area and talking to colleagues (I'm a podiatrist, working in multidisciplinary team including physios where ACL rehab is a common presentation).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Enrique to the rescue eh?!

In more positive news Ruben Neves chatter has ramped up a level

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-step-up-ruben-neves-6634441

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Gutting news on Gomez. Best of luck to the lad going to be a long road back from that injury if as reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I am wetting myself at the idea of Ruben Neves at Liverpool. Gotta stop getting hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

City's wage turn over is now lower than ours and Arsenal's so to say we can't compete with wages is now also wrong.

They pay about £50 million more a year, and that was ours going up and theirs down.

Turnover ratios don't mean much in spend terms, just how well a club is or isn't run.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11552941/Man-Utd-news-United-overtake-Man-City-with-Premier-Leagues-highest-wage-bill.html

United's is higher and Chelsea's is up there to. More worryingly for us I think is Everton have less than half our wage bill and we pay 44% more than Spurs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

8-10 wrote: »
    I am wetting myself at the idea of Ruben Neves at Liverpool. Gotta stop getting hopes up

How highly rated is this lad ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What do you mean, 'wage turnover'. Do you mean wages as a % of income?

ricero wrote: »

I've seen loads of him, he will be a superstar if he keeps improving. Could already get into our first team, and keep his place there. It would thrill me to see him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thats a shame about Gomez. He Looks a decent player. He was killing us from an attacking point of view at LB but I think he has all the attributes to be a very good CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ricero wrote: »

By me, very highly! I'm big on Porto this year as they've a few players worth keeping an eye on, but their midfield is especially exciting with Neves the pick of the bunch.

Liverpool-link aside, give them a watch in the coming weeks, they're playing good ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

8-10 wrote: »
    By me, very highly! I'm big on Porto this year as they've a few players worth keeping an eye on, but their midfield is especially exciting with Neves the pick of the bunch.

Liverpool-link aside, give them a watch in the coming weeks, they're playing good ball

Brahimi looks a good player too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Klopp's first prematch press conference will be live on LFCTV at 12.15 tomorrow.

Seems it could actually be at 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

New scoreboard at Anfield.

CRTfXnjWEAEQzOt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Gutted for Joe Gomez.

Looking forward to Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

01-ANFIELD-STADIUM.jpg

Can't wait to see this passion

38v.gif

KloppFinal.jpg

rxXcPEb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

rossie1977 wrote: »
    01-ANFIELD-STADIUM.jpg

Fcukin 'ell row z in the new main stand is gonna be the very definition of nosebleed :eek:

Fcukin 'ell row z in the new main stand is gonna be the very definition of nosebleed :eek:

It'll give you more than a nosebleed when Lovren is firing shots up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Can we recall Ilori?

Yes, I remember him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

Anyone know when Flanagans due back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement