Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

jurgen-klopp-liverpool-melwood_3364017.jpg?20151014174907

jurgen-klopp-liverpool-melwood_3364010.jpg?20151014173635

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

^^^^^^
    Poor Joe Allen looks a bit isolated there. Is he missing Brendan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

J Mysterio wrote: »
    jurgen-klopp-liverpool-melwood_3364017.jpg?20151014174907

jurgen-klopp-liverpool-melwood_3364010.jpg?20151014173635

If that was Brendan Rodgers in those pictures people would be saying#
    '' Rodgers talking to himself again''
    ''Rodgers being ignored''
    ''No one is giving Rodgers any attention''
    ''Not a single player is making any eye contact with Rodgers, he has lost the dressing room''
    '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No one can look Klopp in the eye. Seems everyone is still in the getting to know you phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

When did we sign Paul McShane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Our new management team.

12087321_10153821561302573_2283825132463457699_o.jpg

Yeah but what do they look like in shorts?

4226412.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

City's wage turn over is now lower than ours and Arsenal's so to say we can't compete with wages is now also wrong.

What on earth are you on about? There is no such thing as "wage turn over".

If you mean City's wages as a percentage of their turnover (i.e. their income) that's great but it doesn't mean they are spending less on wages than we are, in fact it's quite the opposite and whilst expenditure ratios might get some accountant types all wet and excited when it comes to players deciding what club they want to join it is completely meaningless. Have you ever heard of a player deciding to join a club because the £8m per annum they are offering him represents a higher percentage of their turnover Vs another club who are offering him £10m per annum? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

What on earth are you on about? There is no such thing as "wage turn over".

If you mean City's wages as a percentage of their turnover (i.e. their income) that's great but it doesn't mean they are spending less on wages than we are, in fact it's quite the opposite and whilst expenditure ratios might get some accountant types all wet and excited when it comes to players deciding what club they want to join it is completely meaningless. Have you ever heard of a player deciding to join a club because the £8m per annum they are offering him represents a higher percentage of their turnover Vs another club wo are offering him £10m per annum for whom £10m per annum? :rolleyes:

Our highest paid player is Sturridge afaik, who's on £150k a week. This wouldn't even come close to the wages most City players are being paid.

murpho999 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    Poor Joe Allen looks a bit isolated there. Is he missing Brendan?

Allen is next to Can & Moreno I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brendan Rodgers set for pundit job with beIN Sports, reveals Richard Keys
    Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will be joining TV station beIN Sports, according to the channel's football anchor Richard Keys.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/brendan-rodgers-set-for-pundit-job-with-bein-sports-reveals-richard-keys_sto4950369/story.shtml

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/654560616682811392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Augeo wrote: »

The Beardy Boys...

On another note, I had a vivid dream that we lost 6-1 at home to Everton under Klopp, and he had brought Sami back at CB... :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »

He's referring to the fact that he is staring into space and looks lost in thought, and not saying he is standing on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I wonder will Klopp consider recalling Enrique...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

From PlayStation® Forums? the Gym? his mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So now Rodgers can talk tactical set up with authority? Hmmmmm! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I guess everyone including Enrique gets a fresh start, we've only 2 full backs now so wouldn't be too surprising if he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5starpool wrote: »
    He's referring to the fact that he is staring into space and looks lost in thought, and not saying he is standing on his own.

Looks much like Can demeanor wise imo.

Rodgers had Enrique back training with the first team weeks ago iirc.

A guess at the team to start at Spurs.

Mignolet

Clyne---Skrtel
    Sakho----Moreno

Can
    Lucas

Milner
    Coutinho
    Lallana

Sturridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The amount of Klopp-bait articles on how players will fit in, what tactics he'll play, etc is getting absurd.

Literally nobody has any real idea, especially not the sit at home UK bloggers that are throwing up their basic understanding of his time at Dortmund.

I'm not saying I myself know any better, I don't, but I find little point in pretending he'll set up exactly like he did early days at Dortmund, or whatever, when he hasn't managed a game yet.

I am interested in the analysis after he has a game or two under his belt, not really the semi-informed conjecture of some random interneter only interested in generating income from his advert invested website.

I'm all for people discussing their tactical and lineup thoughts here, don't get me wrong, but the insane number of crap articles are getting on my tits now.

Fuckit, I need a coffee

mike-drinks-coffee.gif

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

*Urge to post Klopp articles rising*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

brevity wrote: »
    *Urge to post Klopp articles rising*

Has anyone passed that AVB blogticle by yer wan off as a JK article yet?

klose wrote: »

Opel must be paying him a serious amount of money in sponsorship to convince him to drive around in their cars rather than buy something decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    The amount of Klopp-bait articles on how players will fit in, what tactics he'll play, etc is getting absurd.

Well, ya it is crazy how many people are having a say, but this guy followed JK career and has written several decent pieces on him from as far back as his Mainz days. This one in particular may offer some insight.

http://Fälschung.de/831/JurgenKloppfromCofaceArenatoAnfield.html

Main points on tactics

Frequently utilised a 4-3-3, but it was not ‘symmetrical’
    Formation altered to expose opposition weaknesses and ensure the strengths of the squad were used.
    In attack, the fullbacks would push forward to join in, whilst the CB’s would spread to effectively create a 3-4-3.

We may never see it at Anfield but interesting all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Will Klopp's press conference be online?

Tusky wrote: »
    Will Klopp's press conference be online?

It's live here on Norwegian TV.

http://www.tv2.no/v/969328/

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well, ya it is crazy how many people are having a say, but this guy followed JK career and has written several decent pieces on him from as far back as his Mainz days. This one in particular may offer some insight.

Main points on tactics

Formation altered to expose opposition weaknesses and ensure the strengths of the squad were used.
    In attack, the fullbacks would push forward to join in, whilst the CB’s would spread to effectively create a 3-4-3.

I'll fite ya

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

A guess at the team to start at Spurs.

Mignolet

Clyne---Skrtel
    Sakho----Moreno

Can
    Lucas

Milner
    Coutinho
    Lallana

Sturridge
    kop77 wrote: »
    so.... team for Saturday?

..........................Ming......................

..............Skrtel...............Sakho.........
    ....Clyne.................................Moreno

...................Can.......Lucas................

.........Milner.....................Lallana.......
    .....................Coutinho......................

..................Sturridge........................

maybe swap Can for Milner?

great minds and all that...!! :D

https://twitter.com/simonbrundish/status/654625921522106368

Not a single tactical question.

"Jurgen, do you like sausages?"
    "Ja, of course."

*Breaking*
    KLOPP LOVES PORK!
    *We speak with Jewish Liverpool fans who are disappointed at these developments.*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

City's wage turn over is now lower than ours and Arsenal's so to say we can't compete with wages is now also wrong.

From seeing the replies in here to this it looks like you're wrong, a few posters have asked you what you meant, be nice if you replied to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

NukaCola wrote: »

Main points on tactics

That sounds very similar to the way we were set up during the 13/14 season, though without the formation altering for opposition weakness

Hopefully we get a return to that sort of swashbuckling football with added brains

Nicked off reddit
    On adjusting to Liverpool:

"It's different. To find somewhere to live, but obviously the paparazzi know where I'm going before I do! I'm trying to understand how LFC works, and how LFC is. It's a big step ahead, and everything is okay until know."

On international duty:

"We have had some problems with players that were with national teams, that is normal. It's always nervous waiting for the players to get some information. We had "not perfect" information in terms of young Joe Gomez.

On training:

"We've had some good training, the boys are willing to listen, to understand what we want. It's not the time to change things, only in the right way. That's what we've tried to do."

About the team:

"I watch football all the time, and I know many things about my new players. Its about what they can do on their best day, that's what I'm looking for. Everything would be better if we worked for six weeks, but it's not a perfect world, and we have to deal with the situation."

Attention and expectations:

"I never think about things like this. I don't like being photographed all the time, who does? It's a funny job to wait three hours for me to come out, take one photo and go home. But it's the situation. I'm interested in what we can do behind this door, not outside. I am told it will cool down soon, but hopefully not because of results. I don't read what you write so I am completely free of expectations. Pressure I place on myself is big enough."

About teams form before his arrival:

"We have to start new, a restart. I'm not interested in what happened a few weeks ago, only in what we can do to be stable in a game, to close all our doors and, if possible, give a little bit out.

"We have to be active, ready for work, and to enjoy the game. We are playing against a very good team that has been together for some time. They (Spurs) ook fine tuned, good together. We know how they want to play, but it's important to analyse our own situation.

"If nothing happens in the next training sessions, I know how I want to play. We will use these sessions to understand a little bit more.

"At the end, it's only football. And all these guys can play good football. That's the reason they are here."

About injuries:

"Gomez came here and I met him for the first time. What a wonderful young boy, tall and muscular. But he has an ACL injury. Now we have to make further diagnoses, and we will see when he gets operated on. He can count the days until he's back.

"He's a young guy. It was not the best day in his life, but I am pretty good at waiting for young players. This is is home/

"Benteke and Firmino are back on the pitch, not team training but better and better. I don't know exactly when they will come back, but I hope to see next week them in team training. Hopefully it can go quick, and they will be ready for playing.

"For sure, not Saturday, and I don't think Thursday. For next Sunday, ask me next week!"

Has he had enough time to change the team

"Everything is different at the moment. We want to look different, for sure.

"That's what I expect, that we can see that we have worked together. I want to see more bravery, more fun in their eyes, I want to see that they like what they do.

"I saw it in the week, and if this is different, then maybe we can be very well organised and not just think about offensive things. I know that we have not until now had enough goals, but you have to feel stability and that can make you free for offensive play and creativity."

On players adapting

"Some things you can change like this. Mentality, readiness, you can change that like this.

"But to get really tuned as a team, that takes time. I'm not interested in the problems we could have on Saturday. After this game we will know more.

"The biggest problem we have, I met people who say 'we can win the league, we can win the league' and the others look and think 'what have you done'

"We want to get back trust, and confidence. More and more and more. It sometimes needs more time. A good example is the Villa game, when Milly scored after 2 mins, and everything changed at this moment.

"You will find a way if you are patient enough, and don't think 'oh my God it is like last week, last year, whatever' I want to get the players to trust themselves. I'm here because of them, because I can help these guys. We have to work together."

On the squad

"Of course I'm here because LFC is a great club. But I'm here because of them.

Now we have to work together, and if they're prepared for problems in the game and they're strong enough to handle these situations, we can win the game."

About his doppleganger

"In Germany, many people look like me. I'm not the best shaver in the world, funny hair, glasses, and you look like me."

on restoring bravery

"It's the braveness to make faults. It's very important. This is a fantastic game, football. It's fast, it's hard, but it doesn't work without faults. As human beings we always think about faults, not about the good things - that's what we have to learn again.

You win 4-0 and make four big mistakes, nobody will remember. It's not important. You can always get better, football works if you're prepared for your team-mates to make faults.

That's how it works: we have to be close together in the game, in the tactical meaning.

You don't have to try always the most risky ball in our life, you have to learn to run and fight and do everything until the moment. When the moment's there - take it."

On support from fans

"Yesterday we were at dinner, with Zjelko and Pete, and our wives came too.

Two people came over for a photo and I had to say no, because every photo is on Twitter.

I met a guy with his wife and a dog, about 50 [years old] and the next day it was there. It looks like I'm always in restaurants and bars! I'm not this kind of type.

In this moment it's a bit strange because they didn't play."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Opel must be paying him a serious amount of money in sponsorship to convince him to drive around in their cars rather than buy something decent.

He's following the pope's lead by driving a modest car to connect with the fans. Or perhaps it's a rental and is just waiting for his hummer to arrive from Germany. Can't wait to see his first match in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm not trying to be an arse, but the pundit Job is perfect for Rodgers. I hope it goes well for him.

Klopp said: "What a wonderful young boy, muscles in all the right places."
    #sohomo

Dickerty wrote: »
    Klopp said: "What a wonderful young boy, muscles in all the right places."
    #sohomo

With reference to whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

J Mysterio wrote: »
    With reference to whom?

Joe Gomez

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Joe Gomez

'Dreamy' Joey Gomez. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

The full press conference is here for anyone that hasn't seen it

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/video/24811/10029216/jurgen-klopp-extended-press-conference

The full press conference is here for anyone that hasn't seen it

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/video/24811/10029216/jurgen-klopp-extended-press-conference

Danke schon. I shall watch this forthwith, work be damned.

brevity wrote: »
    Ings out, ACL. Again.

You're kidding? :mad:

Knex. wrote: »
    You're kidding? :mad:

Nope, edited my post...

Five years ago this happened

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/oct/15/liverpool-fc-get-new-owner

Holy crap I just saw that - how tehr fucj ****fsjwiorjaya did that happen?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/15/danny-ings-out-for-season-liverpool-new-injury-blow
    Jürgen Klopp has suffered another grievous setback in his first week as Liverpool manager after Danny Ings suffered a knee injury that will rule him out for the rest of the season and effectively ends the striker’s hopes of playing in Euro 2016.

Ings twisted his knee during his first training session with Klopp in charge and tests have shown that the former Burnley forward has ruptured his cruciate ligaments, meaning that a player who has just broken into England’s senior team will be out for a minimum of six months.

Gotta feel bad for Ings. He was working his balls off for the team and was already becoming a fan favourite.

I have to say i'm unimpressed with his level of English. Of course it's fine, passable, but Germans generally have strong English and his really isn't great.

I actually speak quite good german and I think a lot of his humour and such is lost in translation, I find him to be actually quite uncomfortable in his interviews. Kinda smiling weirdly at the wrong times and that.

Of course it doesn't take away from my excitement at his appointment and i'm sure he will become more comfortable with English in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Gutted for Gomez & Ings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement