Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that's shocking when did he pick up the injury ? Gutted for ings I think he would of thrived under klopp.

I suppose firminio could play as a second striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh, ****.

****, ****, ****.

We need Danny Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I have to say i'm unimpressed with his level of English. Of course it's fine, passable, but Germans generally have strong English and his really isn't great.

I actually speak quite good german and I think a lot of his humour and such is lost in translation, I find him to be actually quite uncomfortable in his interviews. Kinda smiling weirdly at the wrong times and that.

Of course it doesn't take away from my excitement at his appointment and i'm sure he will become more comfortable with English in time.

For a German coach whose entire career has been spent in Germany, I don't think it's bad at all. I'm sure given time he will settle and his English will improve.
    You say you speak German, but I'd like to see you hold a press conference in German, it's not as easy as you think.

Either way he's perfectly understandable and once his message gets across to the players that's the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayditch wrote: »
    Oh, ****.

****, ****, ****.

We need Danny Ings.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Could go 4-3-3 now with Llalana, Sturridge and Couthino up top, Milner, Can and Lucas in midfield and Clyne, Skrtel, Sahko and Moreno at the back.

Does he go with Bogden or Mignolet on goal though?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool forwards who are fit to play:

Sturridge (let's see how long that lasts)
    Origi (crap so far)
    Ibe (Ugh)

Jesus.

Should benteke be back for the saints game at home ?

ricero wrote: »
    Should benteke be back for the saints game at home ?

Benteke was due back after the international break. So i'm hoping sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Terrible news about Ings & Gomis.

Looks like we'll be buying in January so.

Injuries are definitely one of the most frustrating things in sport for players, managers and supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can Mario be recalled?

It's bad that it's come to even asking this question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Benteke and Firmino will be back in a 8/10 days by the looks of it, if needs be Sinclair can be added to the squad.

Wonder when Allan will get his clearance, he'd be handy to have around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 cruciate injuries in 3 days. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Klopp said he doesn't see Benteke being available until the Saints game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is a big blow. Ings has proven himself to be a very willing player who we'll miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

2 cruciate injuries in 3 days. Unbelievable.

Someones been using the cruciatus curse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

How good is Klopp with bringing through academy players? I know the likes of Durm, Bender and Lewandowski were poached from smaller clubs when they were young and he brought them through alright but do you think he'll give sinclair a chance now that Ings is out for the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Jesus thats a dreadful blow.

Pressure on Sturrige now, if he was to break down we are fecked. Might be the makings of Origi perhaps

We are not brimming with strikers in the under 21s either. Benteke should be back soon at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/654655414085136386

Graeme Kelly says we can't recall Marcovic, Llori, or Mario (separate tweet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That's really crap for both players. Two of the players that have made the best starts to the season. Bugger it.

• Advertisement

Defo think we be in for a striker and cb now in January

Is Flanagan back fit yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A season ending injury every three days on average, you'd really have to question JKs training methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

What the **** is going on with all the ACL's being torn on this Int break, never seen one like it for season ending injuries. Borussia Mongladbach lost 3 players and we've lost 2 . ****ing gutted for the lad . Hope to god Origi can step it up a level, because I can see Sturridge and Benteke spending more time on the treatment table with the increased workload put on them due to Ings being out for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fúck.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Terrible news about Gomez and Ings.

Hopefully Firmino will step up once he's back and the good news is we potentially have 3 very good striker options still in Firmino, Sturridge and Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

A season ending injury every three days on average, you'd really have to question JKs training methods.

apart from one of them was with England again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Hope Klopp can work his magic with Jerome Sinclair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You really need to question the England training setup, Gomez and now Ings only after shortly returning, on top of Sturridge last season.

Gutted for Ings, took his chance and was our best attacking player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

rob316 wrote: »
    You really need to question the England training setup, Gomez and now Ings only after shortly returning, on top of Sturridge last season.

Gutted for Ings, took his chance and was our best attacking player.

I don't think you can blame England on Ings? Sounds like a freak training accident.

Benteke, Sturridge, Origi. We have cover, no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't think you can blame England on Ings? Sounds like a freak training accident.

Benteke, Sturridge, Origi. We have cover, no excuses.

Oh ya I get that it probably is, but its also not the first time an international team have been careless with players training regimes, rest and recovery times. Sturridge wasn't handled correctly last season by them.

Anyway poor Ings, I'm going to miss watching him play and run himself into the ground. AFAIK this is his 3rd ACL injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

rob316 wrote: »
    Oh ya I get that it probably is, but its also not the first time an international team have been careless with players training regimes, rest and recovery times. Sturridge wasn't handled correctly last season by them.

Anyway poor Ings, I'm going to miss watching him play and run himself into the ground. AFAIK this is his 3rd ACL injury.

That would be a worry....

That would be a worry....

Especially when you consider Yesil has done his twice. Its like spraining your ankle obviously once you do it once it more likely to happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

What a load of bollox, I was looking forward to Ings thriving under Klopp, mega pissed off with this news.

What a load of bollox, I was looking forward to Ings thriving under Klopp, mega pissed off with this news.

And Gomez.

I hope God Blows both his ACL's the vindictive old codger. Couldn't let us enjoy the post Klopp appointment afterglow could he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

FSG bought the club 5 years ago today.

This was an enjoyable read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ings previously had an ACL injury in 2011 & a torn cartilage in 2012. He came back een better from those injuries but another serious knee injury is a worry.

Still excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

What he said!!!!^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lewandowski in January then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hope to god Origi can step it up a level, because I can see Sturridge and Benteke spending more time on the treatment table with the increased workload put on them due to Ings being out for the season.

Well he usually plays one striker so maybe not such an issue. Would be more concerned about our CMs with Henderson still injured, and we are now very short at FB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

What a feckin shame for young Gomez and fairly young Ings, they have impressed me recently and would have played a big part in Kloppos plans this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's really bad news I thinks ings would be the exact type of player Klopp would like. He had 2 bad knee injuries at Burnley that make his career stats seem less impressive and had a lot of people here questioning him when he was signed. He came back really strong for the 2013 2014 season and has been more or less injury free for over 2 years so hopefully he gets back for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Awful news. So freakish that such an injury can happen to two players within a short period of time. On the bright side it gives Origi the chance to step up.

Ings out for the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Will the two lads be back in time for when we clinch the title in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

FSG bought the club 5 years ago today.

This was an enjoyable read.

How do you insert a link but put in your own word as above?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement