Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lets see if the Rodgers can now handle the pressure knowing Klopp has all but said he wants the job.

Lot of presumption there. You're just seeing what you want to see really. Far as I could see, there was no mention of Liverpool whatsoever in that article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I just hope he doesn't get enough results to see him kept on and then loses the run when Klopp is somewhere else. I don't see a bright future with Rogers, so I'd be in favour of the switch asap, if it's a possibility.

I don't think we'd look back.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Certainly does sound like he'd like it

FSG should just get it done!

Unless we get battered in successive games, Rodgers will have untill Christmas at the least.

He'll have bigger offers than us lads.

Monk and Martinez will be our level

rarnes1 wrote: »

I dont believe that either. You can get a good manager if the club shows it has ambition. FSG have shown they have ambition. Lots of managers want to go to the PL and the prestige involved in bringing Liverpool back to the top would be huge

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont believe that either. You can get a good manager if the club shows it has ambition. FSG have shown they have ambition. Lots of managers want to go to the PL and the prestige involved in bringing Liverpool back to the top would be huge

Fair enough, but if the Utd and Madrid jobs were on the table at the same time do you think we'd be 1st choice?

I would hope for our sake there's a middle ground for us between Klopp and Roberto Martinez.

I'd have Rafa before Klopp tbh

Fair enough, but if the Utd and Madrid jobs were on the table at the same time do you think we'd be 1st choice?

Fair enough as well but Madrid is the absolute top level with maybe Barca and Bayern. They normaly only accept the absolute best.

The point is that there will always be excellent managers around when those clubs do not have a vacancy.

I also dont neccesarily put Utd in that top bracket anymore, they're a mess as well.

• Advertisement

Fair enough as well but Madrid is the absolute top level with maybe Barca and Bayern. They normaly only accept the absolute best.

The point is that there will always be excellent managers around when those clubs do not have a vacancy.

I also dont neccesarily put Utd in that top bracket anymore, they're a mess as well.

Playing wise a mess atm but vast amounts of cash to spend and more often than not will have CL football

Playing wise a mess atm but vast amounts of cash to spend and more often than not will have CL football

Agree they have the beans but not convinced they will have CL next season.

Anyway, getting off point - Liverpool can still attract top managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

He'll have bigger offers than us lads.

But isn't the point of that quote from Klopp supposed to highlight that he's not really interested in the biggest clubs, but wants a challenge with a 'doer upper'.

daRobot wrote: »
    But isn't the point of that quote from Klopp supposed to highlight that he's not really interested in the biggest clubs, but wants a challenge with a 'doer upper'.

I wouldnt see him turning down Real Madrid but I also dont see that he's reached that level yet. He's just positioning himself as well as he can.

daRobot wrote: »

Wouldn't believe a word of it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No one likes Lawrenson or believes a word he say anymore.

I think he has got this one right.

Mark Lawrenson: Liverpool FC are becoming a poor man's Arsenal.
    I’ve never seen so many people leave Anfield so early as against West Ham United last weekend.

That performance really emptied the place.

It may be more than a week since that desperate defeat, but the international break has meant the result has been allowed to fester.

And fester some more.

Harry Redknapp stuck his oar in by saying this is the worst Liverpool team in years, but that’s Harry for you – he’ll probably change his mind in a few weeks.

But his comment that he is “not with Liverpool at all this year” has struck a chord.
    Not least because it appears some of the supporters feel the same way.

Our supporters are among the most loyal and informed in England. They have seen great teams, great players and great managers.

And I feel at the moment they are looking at our team and are somewhat apathetic.

It isn’t just about losing to West Ham. We could win our next five games and I’m sure the fans will feel the same.

It wasn’t as though the fans wanted to stay there or boo and jeer. They just clearly thought they’d had enough. They just wanted to go home.

I suspect a lot of fans aren’t really sure where this team is going. Where Liverpool are going as a whole.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/mark-lawrenson-liverpool-fc-becoming-9996897

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

There is some issue between the club and supporter's groups as well. They are trying to restrict the number of flags and banners at the games which isn't going down too well.

brevity wrote: »
    There is some issue between the club and supporter's groups as well. They are trying to restrict the number of flags and banners at the games which isn't going down too well.

Ah jaysus, that's one of the the best bits about Anfield these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Ah jaysus, that's one of the the best bits about Anfield these days

More here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-keen-seek-swift-9986182

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Throw money at Klopp and get him in.

If he's actually interested (and I don't think he necessarily is), then it'd be bonkers not to make the swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

No one likes Lawrenson or believes a word he say anymore.

I think he has got this one right.

Mark Lawrenson: Liverpool FC are becoming a poor man's Arsenal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/mark-lawrenson-liverpool-fc-becoming-9996897

Don't really give a **** how 'apathetic' the crowd is towards the team - leave early and you shouldn't really bother going to the match in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Things must be very bad if Mark Lawrenson is getting quoted,he's an ass-clown of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Things must be very bad if Mark Lawrenson is getting quoted,he's an ass-clown of the highest order.

You'd be surprised at the ass-clowns people quote on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Turtyturd wrote: »

4VfKUgL.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's **** all else to post about lads.

I propose that we all post quotes insinuating that we're assclowns as a means to close the gap on the Utd thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Origi on for benteke at ht in the belgium game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gbear wrote: »

post-25976-Im-actually-embarrassed-for-yo-s0UD.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't want Klopp anyway, not sure if he's a top top manager and he manages from the knees too much.

2901FF7D00000578-3094057-image-a-126_1432389616256.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

4VfKUgL.gif

fish-slapping-dance-o.gif

Actually, that kinda portrays for me, where Liverpool are as a club currently. We bounce around hoping for one of our fish slaps to do damage, whereas the likes of Chelsea and City can whack us with a big trout in the mouth.

fishSlap1a.gif~c200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

http://www.the42.ie/fifa-16-player-ratings-gareth-bale-2314490-Sep2015/

hundreds of millions spent and not 1 player in the top 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

SlickRic wrote: »
    Throw money at Klopp and get him in.

If he's actually interested (and I don't think he necessarily is), then it'd be bonkers not to make the swap.

it was just as "bonkers" to not make the swap in the summer but it didnt happen. we're probably stuck with Rodgers till the summer at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I preferred the first page to the second... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

shamrock55 wrote: »
    http://www.the42.ie/fifa-16-player-ratings-gareth-bale-2314490-Sep2015/

hundreds of millions spent and not 1 player in the top 50

You do know compooter games are not real life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just back from the Electric Picnic lads. I'm in a heap. For a whole weekend, i forgot about the Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool debate. Great times.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just back from the Electric Picnic lads. I'm in a heap. For a whole weekend, i forgot about the Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool debate. Great times.

Well, you see we knew you were going to be away for the weekend, so the whole debate was put on the back burner until you were back as a courtesy. Carry on everybody.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Unless we get battered in successive games, Rodgers will have untill Christmas at the least.

Well we just got battered by West Ham and if Utd batter us that will be successive games and he would be rightly sacked if that happens.

Well we just got battered by West Ham and if Utd batter us that will be successive games and he would be rightly sacked if that happens.

Errrrrm, no, no he wouldn't actually.

Well, you see we knew you were going to be away for the weekend, so the whole debate was put on the back burner until you were back as a courtesy. Carry on everybody.....

Ah cheers buddy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Don't want Klopp anyway, not sure if he's a top top manager and he manages from the knees too much.

2901FF7D00000578-3094057-image-a-126_1432389616256.jpg

To me it just looks like hes letting rip haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Michael Carrick reported to be out of the England game so he will probably be out for the weekend game.

I fully expect a miraculous recovery for the Liverpool game, though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Michael Carrick reported to be out of the England game so he will probably be out for the weekend game.

I fully expect a miraculous recovery for the Liverpool game, though:rolleyes:

Never mind old man Carrick, will Sturidge be back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

No chance. FSG are mature business people who won't be panicked into making a knee jerk panic decision. Unless we are flirting with relegation or there is a total breakdown between BR and the squad he'll be given the full season to shape the team and implement his strategy. If in doing that he secures CL football or gives it a good crack and just comes up short but shows clear signs of improvement from last year then he'll be retained for the 2016/2017 season also.

FSG know that fans always think the manager on the green grass far away will always get more out of the available players than the current manager but thankfully they also know that watering, fertilising and refreshing the current manager is often the better option and that's what they've done with the back room changes and player acquisitions. It's over to BR now for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Never mind old man Carrick, will Sturidge be back?

Hard to say even when they get him on the bench, would mean dropping Ings or Origi out of the 18. May wait for the Carlisle game, but we have United, Bordeaux and Norwich inside 8 days, so maybe we'll need the depth of squad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

No chance. FSG are mature business people who won't be panicked into making a knee jerk panic decision. Unless we are flirting with relegation or there is a total breakdown between BR and the squad he'll be given the full season to shape the team and implement his strategy. If in doing that he secures CL football or gives it a good crack and just comes up short but shows clear signs of improvement from last year then he'll be retained for the 2016/2017 season also.

FSG know that fans always think the manager on the green grass far away will always get more out of the available players than the current manager but thankfully they also know that watering, fertilising and refreshing the current manager is often the better option and that's what they've done with the back room changes and player acquisitions. It's over to BR now for the remainder of the season.

Another hammering would not be panicing or a kneejerk reaction to sack rodgers, he has had 4 fcuking seasons now and there is not the slightest improvement,he still doesnt even know what formation best suits us, if wge get hammered against utd ill go over and fcuking drag him out of the club myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

shamrock55 wrote: »
    ill go over and fcuking drag him out of the club myself

Ah you won't, though, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Hes had 4 seasons??

I don't understand why people get so angry. Rodgers has actually done a decent job. I know Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but we're not entitled to win the league or qualify for the Champions League.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there who could do a better job than Rodgers, but you'd swear he was doing a Hodgson and having us down near the relegation zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get so angry. Rodgers has actually done a decent job. I know Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but we're not entitled to win the league or qualify for the Champions League.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there who could do a better job than Rodgers, but you'd swear he was doing a Hodgson and having us down near the relegation zone.

Perhaps because going into his 4th season as manager our performances have been consistently poor and there seems to be a very scatterbrain approach to tactics and transfers. Just seems like a big mess at mo.

I'm not angry, I've just lost faith in our manager. 3 years is a long time, I think it's time for a change. Klopp would be a fantastic Christmas present, I think. I half expect Rodgers to string a few results together before then, but I'll still more than likely feel the same. I think we've seen the best of Rodgers. I'm not really "calling for his head" so to speak, but if I'm being honest, yeah. I think it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brief highlights package Germany 2 - 3 England (Ojo and Rossiter for Liverpool)

Ojo really does look ENORMOUS as well as rapid. If he can have a good season on loan with Wolves I see no reason why he couldn't be part of the squad next year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement