Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

How would people feel about Jose as the manager if he got the sack from Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers, Rodgers ,Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers Rodgers, Rodgers OUT!

Rodgers and his death by football only is killing LFC and the fans enjoyment of watching the team.

Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers Rodgers, Rodgers OUT!

Please leave Brendan or please sack Brendan FSG.

How would people feel about Jose as the manager if he got the sack from Chelsea?

I joked last week that FSG were waiting for Jose to quit or get sacked by Roman and they would go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Very disillusioned after yesterday. Stopped watching, like plenty of others, after the 2nd goal. The lack of fight was the most concerning. First time going into a game with United since the 90's without Gerard or Carragher at the club and the signs were not good. I thought Milner would step up but it didn't happen.

I supported Rodgers after last season as I thought the entire club was in a slump after coming so close the season before as well as Suarez departing, but he's got no excuse for the poor performances this season, especially after replacing his backroom staff and the squad is his responsibility now and nobody elses. I think 2013/14 really bought him a lot of respect and time but it's more and more looking like that was simply down to a world class player performing to that level and inspiring everyone else around him (apart from Victor Moses apparently, he who cannot be motivated).

Now though I would be shocked if FSG weren't sounding out Klopp's agent. They pulled the trigger on a successful coach for Boston when it started to go sour so what's to stop them sacking an unsuccessful one? Just because their activities aren't leaked all over the press, doesn't mean they're not taking steps, in private, to address this situation. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think Rodgers is in real trouble now. 1-6 against Stoke was terrible, 0-3 to West Ham was worse as it was early in a new season and at home, but losing to your bitterest rivals without any fight could be the straw. Henry and his advisors must surely think likewise.

At least Sakho should get a game on Thursday against Bordeaux and if he doesn't he should hand in a transfer request there and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Take him in a shot, i hate the man but he is a winner, the manager doesnt need to be my friend, just needs to be a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Is anyone behind Rodgers now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Is anyone behind Rodgers now?

Would be very interested to hear if whatawaster has changed his position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rodgers is getting the bullet. The difficult fixture list will make it impossible for him to be kept

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote:
    Take him in a shot, i hate the man but he is a winner, the manager doesnt need to be my friend, just needs to be a winner

See that's the thing. Jose after his first stint at Chelsea I would have loved but his time at Madrid has soured him a bit and I'm not so sure Id like him as manager.
    He is a winner though and a total p1ssboiler for rival fans which we need since Luis left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Would be very interested to hear if whatawaster has changed his position

Yeah but they gave him a chance....

Remember all the back slapping going into the Arsenal game? It's unfortunate that blind optimism, or desperation depending on how you are inclined, virtually split the fanbase on this forum.

See that's the thing. Jose after his first stint at Chelsea I would have loved but his time at Madrid has soured him a bit and I'm not so sure Id like him as manager.
    He is a winner though and a total p1ssboiler for rival fans which we need since Luis left

That's the major thing with Rodgers the only fans he p1sses off are his own he is a laughing stock to every other teams fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I think I'd be done with football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »
    This team is a serious bunch of pussies as well, and I said as much weeks ago. **** all fight, and I'm not so sure that one manager will be a quick fix either, although its certainly a start that needs to be tried now.

Aye this is the one that hurts for me... I've never seen a Liverpool team so weak with no agression.. it really shocks me...

We were beaten yesterday because of our midfield... UTD controlled the game in the midfield, while we had Lucas and Can giving the ball away and the ball going back to the keeper every 5 mins and then being hoofed up to the keeper.

Liverpools last 14 Premiership games: Points = 15 Goal for = 12 Goal against = 24 GD = -12 It's relegation form. Another £80m spent.

3 against West Ham. 3 against Palace. 3 against United, twice. 4 against Arsenal. 6 against Stoke This within the last 12 league games?

I dare anyone defend this. I actually think it's worse than Hodgson at this stage. I never thought I'd say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not even worth speculating, it's so remote.

I've been watching his post match interviews, hoping that the Chelsea results would have him cracked and insane, but no. He has to troll me by being reasoned, calm and sensible. What a bastard.

mada999 wrote:
    We were beaten yesterday because of our midfield... UTD controlled the game in the midfield, while we had Lucas and Can giving the ball away and the ball going back to the keeper every 5 mins and then being hoofed up to the keeper.

The midfield misses Hendersons energy an awful lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Liverpools last 14 Premiership games: Points = 15 Goal for = 12 Goal against = 24 GD = -12 It's relegation form. Another £80m spent.

3 against West Ham. 3 against Palace. 3 against United, twice. 4 against Arsenal. 6 against Stoke This within the last 12 league games?

I dare anyone defend this. I actually think it's worse than Hodgson at this stage. I never thought I'd say that.

Well if he bigs up Carlisle and a defeat at Goodison is described as our best performance of the season, I'd be wanting to see the two of them in the room at the same time.

Opposition fans hated and loathed fergie and jose as much as the teams they managed, they are hard to find but we need someone like that, a ruthless cnut for a manager who gets his team to win at all costs

Dont be fooled - this is far worse then anything roy served up

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »

Who's fooled? I just said it was worse :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Do you have facts to back that up please, because IMO H******, is the worst manager we have had in my lifetime and I was through the Souness years :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mosstin wrote: »
    You think we should sign Hoolahan then?

You could aim a lot higher than Wes, but Hoolahan would improve Liverpool no doubt.

Just to let you know though, if someone says Charlie Adam is a worse player than Hoolahan does not mean you should sign Hoolahan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do footballers talk to each other like that off the pitch?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Do footballers talk to each other like that off the pitch?

It is becoming more and more common for them to do it now in any public venue not just footballers celebrities in general.

Crazy world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Alarming to say the very least. I'd love to hear something from FSG. I'm shocked they gave him all that money this summer. What's their track record with the Red Sox like in a situation similar to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Comments like that are ridiculous. Things are bad atm but the Hodgson era was more than just bad results. It was about a man who had no idea of the ethos of the club. Things have gone badly badly wrong for Rodgers but he understands the club and what managing it means. Two completely different fish.

Do you have facts to back that up please, because IMO H******, is the worst manager we have had in my lifetime and I was through the Souness years :eek:

The proof is right in front of us, heartless gutless performances wk after wk, plus we are not just getting beat but we are getting hammerd and at home too, the players rodgers has at his disposal are a better quality , roy had no where near as much spends as brendan( thank christ you might say) roy had konchesky, poulsen and joe cole, i know roy bought them but with the amount of money rodgers has gone through and players sighned we are every bit as bad, i too went through the souness era but this trash is worse imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That we're even talking about whether things are as bad or worse than under Hodgson says it all. The scales have fallen from my eyes since the performance against Bournemouth. I feel foolish for having hoped that Rodgers would turn it around this season.

He can't leave soon enough.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Comments like that are ridiculous. Things are bad atm but the Hodgson era was more than just bad results. It was about a man who had no idea of the ethos of the club. Things have gone badly badly wrong for Rodgers but he understands the club and what managing it means. Two completely different fish.

Im basing this purley on results and what im watching before my eyes, not who likes or understands the club the most, who gives a **** about who understands the ethos of the club the most so long as we win, i couldnt give a **** if rodgers goes home and bathes in the blood of the liverbird, the muck that is currently being served up to us imo is as bad if not worse then anything roy did thats all im saying

Yeah but they gave him a chance....

Everyone gave him a chance, some of us just adjusted our opinions throughout based on performance or reasonable expectations of performance. Others drank the kool aid.

They are different, however with Hodgson 95% of the problems were solved by just getting rid of him... the position the club was much better with a couple of world class players and at least a relatively solid defence. With Rodgers the situation is much worse imo, we're in a shocking position and have spent a quarter of a billion to get there. Incredible mis-management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Ardent

You know you're f*cked when RAWK turns on you. Question now of when , not if, Rodgers gers the bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I guess another question is if Rodgers and Liverpool parted ways tomorrow where would Brendans next port of call be (in a situation where any job can be available) ? I would think the level of Villa or thereabouts maybe.

Yep. He's not going to garner interest from clubs at the sharp end imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

COxl1nfWcAAurVc.png
    Just for context.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yep. He's not going to garner interest from clubs at the sharp end imo.

A newly minted West Ham in the Olympic stadium plenty of money for him to spend on players and lots of outstanding things to talk about in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Not for me, he's he wins with clubs that always have the most money but no I wouldn't want him anyway associated with our club

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

s8n wrote:
    Klopp won't go go Liverpool. Club isn't big enough. Best hope is Monk or Pardew

You're obviously on the wind up, he practically begged for the job in the summer, he'd jump at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Im basing this purley on results and what im watching before my eyes, not who likes or understands the club the most, who gives a **** about who understands the ethos of the club the most so long as we win, i couldnt give a **** if rodgers goes home and bathes in the blood of the liverbird, the muck that is currently being served up to us imo is as bad if not worse then anything roy did thats all im saying

I think you're supporting the wrong club tbh. If you don't love Liverpool Football Club because it is Liverpool Football Club and all that it stands for then why bother supporting them?

Btw this is not a pro Rodgers post, I think his time has come. He got the support he needed and it hasn't worked out. But to say all that matters is winning goes against everything we believe we are as a club. This isn't even a footballing point as I don't think its about playing attractive football but its about treating the club and its history with dignity, something Hodgson didn't do and for all his faults Rodgers has done.

This is not worse than the Hodgson era but its bad enough at this stage that time should be called.

indy knows the score.

About the same price as one of his average signings that gets loaned out and sold at a loss after a season of never playing.

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/642993347246882816

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

The amount of mediocrity we have in the squad after all the money that has been spent is shocking. He has also overseen the selling of our best youth produced player in a decade. Given the time and money he has got his legacy could be far more damaging to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd be disgusted to be honest.

One person thinks Jose would be perfect for Liverpool.

Gerrard: Mourinho would have been a "perfect match" for Liverpool
    “For me, the ideal situation would obviously have been for Mourinho to have managed Liverpool. He was linked with a move to Anfield a couple of times but it never materialised.

“I know I’m biased, but I think it would have been a perfect match. The Liverpool fans would have loved him and he would have known exactly how to turn that love into adoration. He always told me about his deep respect for our supporters. Jose would have had a fantastic time bringing huge success to Liverpool.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/gerrard-mourinho-would-been-perfect-10044873

I think you're supporting the wrong club tbh. If you don't love Liverpool Football Club because it is Liverpool Football Club and all that it stands for then why bother supporting them?

Btw this is not a pro Rodgers post, I think his time has come. He got the support he needed and it hasn't worked out. But to say all that matters is winning goes against everything we believe we are as a club. This isn't even a footballing point as I don't think its about playing attractive football but its about treating the club and its history with dignity, something Hodgson didn't do and for all his faults Rodgers has done.

This is not worse than the Hodgson era but its bad enough at this stage that time should be called.

Your picking me up wrong here mate, of course i love what club stands for and all that goes with it, what im saying is that does it really matter if a manager does or not, your saying roy didnt but at least brendan does ,but what good is brendans love and understanding of the club doing for our results and performance on the pitch - ill tell ya - jack **** thats what

• Advertisement

Seems every thought that enters Gerrard's head gets printed these days.

Seems every thought that enters Gerrard's head gets printed these days.

He has to sell the book you know he is coming close to retiring and needs the money.

mav79 wrote: »
    COxl1nfWcAAurVc.png
    Just for context.

This is a really important view on the situation by the way...lots of people are going to say 'it's only five games into the season, sacking him is knee jerk' - but it needs to be remembered that an ever bigger data trend of unacceptable performances / results is building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

indy knows the score.

About the same price as one of his average signings that gets loaned out and sold at a loss after a season of never playing.

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/642993347246882816
    And what will it cost them if they don't sack him? Almost inevitable continuing absence from the cash cow that is the Champions' League, also rans in the Premier League (every place higher you finish is worth a million, yeah?). I'll be very surprised if he's still there next august.

By the way lads, what I'd love is for Klopp / Ancelotti to come in and us all to get behind him and strap ourselves in for the ride collectively. I feel like we've been arguing about managers ever since I started posting on here over eight year's ago with the thread constantly split into factions the whole way through.

Monk / Pardew would only split us again. I'm tired. I long for the good times under Rafa, or even the 2000 - 2002 period under Houllier.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement