Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Just watched some of his post match press conference there. Depressing. Absolutely depressing. Clueless.

Give us the highlights? Was the word 'outstanding' used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

£65m now looks like with deal of the century for Suarez, looking back now I can't believe how much one single player had such an impact at the club. And here was me thinking it was Brendan's genius at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The most galling thing for me right now is united are the team we need to catch and they are nothing special at all yet we showed nothing yesterday.
    Rarely tested de gea, never ran at their defenders it was just gutless. The only player I thought who actually put in a shift yesterday was ings but he hamstrung by a nonsense formation to make any telling impact.
    I expected us to be dominated in the centre but I expected us to do something when we gained possession.
    The fullbacks never ventured forward, whatever about gomez but I saw plenty of clyne at Southampton to know he is an excellent attacking fullback.
    I'd give gomez a run at centreback with Sakho drop skrtel and lovren. Lovren was ok yesterday but martial went past skrtel like he wasn't even there.
    The formation was nonsense 433 with no natural wide players that turned into a 45...1? Ings on the wing, benteke on his own again, firmino on the wing. Mind boggling stuff.

Can was poor, Milner just running around and lucas isn't nowhere good enough for us people have to stop clamouring for him to play, he's really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

rob316 wrote: »
    The formation was nonsense 433 with no natural wide players that turned
    Can was poor, Milner just running around and lucas isn't nowhere good enough for us people have to stop clamouring for him to play, he's really poor.

I would love Lucas to be upgraded on, Kondogbia or Krychowiak would have been great to get. But until he is upgraded on he is the best deep midfielder we have. Henderson, Milner, Can and Couthino all play very well in the oppositions half but look hopeless when defending. Without Lucas there is no balance in the team imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

kfallon wrote: »
    Give us the highlights? Was the word 'outstanding' used?

Use the following template. Tick when appropriate:

The word character is uttered [ ]
    Dominated play [ ]
    Determination [ ]
    Time to adjust /gel [ ]
    Improve going forward [ ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Not sure who you're referring to, I assume Luis Suarez? He only cost £20m, and we nearly won the league.

I couldn't really give a sh1t anyway, United got the job done last season assuming CL qualification was the sole target, and that's all that matters. But I'm not having someone coming into this thread and lecturing about poor spending when there's a question mark over his own team's spending (I'm assuming Golden Miller is a United fan).

Well no I don't support United. Can I lecture now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

gosplan wrote: »
    Spurs!

Either go for continuity and a long term project or just keep firing the manager every year till you get lucky.

Spurs went option B and even when it worked and they got CL, it couldn't last.

How about just hire a top class manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lucas wasn't great yesterday but I still think he is a very good DM. Disappointing with Can & Milner yesterday both seemed to be poor with there back to the ball & not good positionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

See, how is it that I get into trouble on here for calling Manchester United the Scum????? Salford, Cantona, United, Munich.

Scum and Munich? Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

rob316 wrote: »
    The most galling thing for me right now is united are the team we need to catch and they are nothing special at all yet we showed nothing yesterday.
    Rarely tested de gea, never ran at their defenders it was just gutless. The only player I thought who actually put in a shift yesterday was ings but he hamstrung by a nonsense formation to make any telling impact.
    I expected us to be dominated in the centre but I expected us to do something when we gained possession.
    The fullbacks never ventured forward, whatever about gomez but I saw plenty of clyne at Southampton to know he is an excellent attacking fullback.
    I'd give gomez a run at centreback with Sakho drop skrtel and lovren. Lovren was ok yesterday but martial went past skrtel like he wasn't even there.
    The formation was nonsense 433 with no natural wide players that turned into a 45...1? Ings on the wing, benteke on his own again, firmino on the wing. Mind boggling stuff.

Ye might catch Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I don't think I can add anything to this that hasn't already been said, and in some cases said far better than I could. It's always bad to lose to United, but yesterday was galling. There's no energy, no passion, no creativity, no movement. The team looks like it has an identity crisis and it's still waiting for someone to come in to pull it up. Maybe Henderson, Coutinho, Lallana, Sakho or Sturridge could've added that, but I don't know really.

There was a post a few pages back that said, "All managers make mistakes. The good ones learn from them." (or something to that effect) and that sums it up for me. Rodgers has been making the same mistakes for a full season now and he isn't learning from them. I don't know what he expects, but I know that when we walk out onto the field, I do not feel confident, regardless of the opponent. Something has to change and I think we all know what we want it to be. I don't see the boot coming any time soon, but I see the next few months coming with the same insipid, drab, uninspiring displays.

If I was in charge for the next few games I'd be changing it up. A 3-5-2 might actually get the best out of some players.

Mignolet in goal, a back three of Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho might actually be able to cover enough space to not make mistakes. Clyne and Moreno attacking wing backs - both can cover a lot of ground and it would give the side the width and pace its lacking at the minute. A midfield trio of Henderson, Can/Milner and Coutinho/Firmino depending on availability. I suppose it's a 2-1 set up with Coutinho/Firmino attacking more but playing through the centre instead of being wasted out wide. And then Ings/Sturridge/Origi up top with Benteke. The partnership would work a lot better, players in the right positions to pick the ball up if Benteke chests it down, etc.

Downsides? New tactics, new formation, etc might take a while to learn. Also, it means that just one of Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana gets on the field, as well as just one of Can and Milner for me.

I think it would give more stability in the centre, allow us to attack and defend a lot better than we currently are and, in a really maverick move, it puts players in their actual positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ye might catch Chelsea.

You mean Chelsea might catch us... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

See, how is it that I get into trouble on here for calling Manchester United the Scum?????

Salford, Cantona, United, Munich. :confused:

Leave the drivel at the door, things are bad enough already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait till Sturridge comes back and we play Benteke and him up front we will be unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Scum and Munich? Nice

Apologies, first M that came to mind, will amend to Macari to pacify you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I've had enough of the current management regime at LFC and wish to state my desire for a change if the option to hire a top class manager is available. Or in other words, rodgers hasn't got a rashers and he can pack it in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wait till Sturridge comes back and we play Benteke and him up front we will be unstoppable.

Probably play Sturridge out on the wing. Rodgers is allergic to playing two up front apart from when Suarez and Sturridge made it impossible for him not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If we had half of Leicester's fight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We're definitely bidding 25M for Mahrez next Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Muahahaha wrote: »
    £65m now looks like with deal of the century for Suarez, looking back now I can't believe how much one single player had such an impact at the club. And here was me thinking it was Brendan's genius at the time

That was honestly what I thought too.

For roughly the last half of the season I used to always watch his pre match press conferences on youtube. Like you I thought I had the privilege of watching the first coaching genius after Jose Mourinho announcing himself to the world stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

And loan him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Loving watching Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

To replace Couthino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It was a good start to the weekend with Chelsea losing, and a good finish with Villa losing...just a shame about the bit in between.

SlickRic wrote: »

Amazing what a team with pace and players playing in proper positions and a manager/s who have a plan to inspire those players can do.

When was the last time we saw Liverpool players playing for Rodgers like those Leicester players have played for Ranieri and before him Pearson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Amazing what a team with pace and players playing in proper positions and a manager/s who have a plan to inspire those players can do.

When was the last time we saw Liverpool players playing for Rodgers like those Leicester players have played for Ranieri and before him Pearson.

Playing a proper 442 formation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

garra wrote: »
    Have you seen his ex-wife?

It was just an attempt at humour chief. ;)

And yes I have. I suppose he felt his new set of delf deserved a better class of bird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

So true.
    With a new manager and seven new players that club is in transition.........................oh no wait, the players are just being played in their proper positions, that Ranieri is a goddamn genius.:D

Have to say I love a team that does not go hiding when they concede a goal or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Leicester are playing some beautiful football. Its great to see managers know their players strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Playing a proper 442 formation too.

Far too Mike Basset for Brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Bar the season of madness that was the title challenge, one of the biggest beefs I have with this team that Rodgers has crafted is that they're a shower of nonces with no bottle who roll over far too easily.

Compare that to Rafa's time where you felt that the team was never out of the game regardless of the deficit. The difference though is that back then, the team was full of leaders and strong characters. Hyypia, Carragher, Gerrard and Kuyt to name just 4.

Who are leaders now? Henderson and Milner? That's pretty Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Leicester are Brazil and Rainieri is Shankly, what a day to be a Leicester fan!

None of last seasons top 4 play in a 4-4-2, we are crying out for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mav79 wrote: »
    COxl1nfWcAAurVc.png
    Just for context.

What exactly does this cover? Lowest points tally over a consecutive 15 game period?

Milkers wrote: »
    Over three years into your tenure at a club as big as Liverpool, with a massive budget at your disposal over multiple transfer windows and your starting back four with no injuries includes Joe Gomez, Martin Skrtel and Dejan Lovren.

You have failed at your job as a football manager and should be sacked.

What defensive players has he signed and for how much?

Lovren, Sahko and Moreno alone were circa 40m, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

When was the last time United beat LFC 3 times in a row in the league? Even during Utd's heyday, we were usually the side most likely to cause an upset and beat them or at least hold them to a draw. The fight was always there, but it seems gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Don't worry gang, AVB is available at the end of the season.

Grayditch wrote: »
    That's worrying...

It was known the day he signed for the club. It was among the list of things that caused fans to raise their concerns. It was the foundation to many suggesting he was a spoofer.

I prefer to use more moderate language myself in order to avoid unnecessary arguments but the core of their arguments have been proven accurate.

The like of Alan and Lloyd got a disgusting amount of abuse on this forum for their views.

What exactly does this cover? Lowest points tally over a consecutive 15 game period?

I think it's each ones last 15 games in charge of the club before the were fired.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    When was the last time United beat LFC 3 times in a row in the league? Even during Utd's heyday, we were usually the side most likely to cause an upset and beat them or at least hold them to a draw. The fight was always there, but it seems gone now.

Man U used to beat Liverpool regularly throughout the eighties in the cups. And i'd say Man U have beaten Liverpool three times in a row and we have have beaten them three times in a row.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Leicester are playing some beautiful football. Its great to see managers know their players strengths.

Leicester staying up is a success to them so of course that's beautiful football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

RasTa wrote: »
    Lloyd, how does it feel to be a Liverpool fan these days buddy?

How's the bbq?
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Gerrard stated if he'd met Rodgers earlier in his career he might have won a lot more which is a serious endorsement in fairness

If he had met Suarez earlier.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    A couple of guys I know who were unshakeable Rodgers fans came into the pub last night and told us they had lost faith in him. You can sometimes get closer to finding out the gravity of the situation when, outside of the internet, when certain pillars like that start falling. They weren't angry or hyped about the result, just numb and done with him.

Despite my feelings towards him lately, I have got some deal of respect for him. But he lost control of the wheel last season and this bag of ideas is even emptier this season. I don't think he'll be sacked anytime soon, though. I get the feeling FSG don't really know how bad this is getting or the best way to deal with it.

I think we're all on the same page, just a matter of sitting and waiting until common sense prevails, hopefully.

Your pub mates who were unshakable united fans are not 'pillars' to me m8. :p
    s8n wrote: »
    Klopp won't go go Liverpool. Club isn't big enough. Best hope is Monk or Pardew

Get out.
    8-10 wrote: »
    Also Gary Monk is a good coach. Because he's not continental we'll scoff at the idea though. But I think he's excellent and should get a move to a bigger club before long

I'm sure he is but we aren't the make a wish foundation.
    How would people feel about Jose as the manager if he got the sack from Chelsea?

No chance FSG would put him in as he isn't a yes man which is a key attribute they have sought thus far.
    in all honesty i have never taken to Brendan, imo, there is something false about him, something that has shown up in his private live, but we will keep that separate. (I have worked for a person who spouted ethics and honesty etc, but in his private live he was a cnut)

More importantly, it looks now more than ever that Suarez covered serious cracks and that was based on have one of the top three players in the world at our club, on a par imo with Messi and Ronaldo, in the sense of what he could do, how he lead and how he could change a game.

When Rafa arrived, he built a system around the average players he had at that time and won the CL, he then went about moulding what he wanted in a team over a couple of seasons and got to another CL final and was unlucky not to win.

Brendan seems to have decided that he wants to play to a particular system or various systems, without allowing for the players he has at his disposal.
    whats more frightening, he then buys more players that look even before they come that they will not fit his system!

Why did he buy Rickie Lambert last year? Why did he buy Benteke this year, unless he was going to setup to play to his strengths?
    Why did he buy Lallana last year and when the lad played well, drop him back to the bench, same with Moreno this season? why did he buy Sakho and now seems to have frozen him out? Why did he fkuc around Borini and Enrique, also the poor way he treated Ballotelli, (he was his scapegoat last season for everything.) Also not sure how Ings can fit into his system either.
    Last season he also played Gerrard in an area where teams figured him out and exposed him (past his best in that type of position) Plus he made no effort to replace Gerrard, maybe irreplaceable, but surely there was a world class center mid out there we could have gone after?

He is the opposite of H****** ( i still do not recognize the time that cnut was in charge of Liverpool) in press conferences, where one played us down and lowered expectations to Brendan playing us up after we lose 3 -1, I am not too bothered other fans taking the piss in regards to this Character crap etc, as he has definitely toned it down this year, maybe under orders from FSG, who already sacked part of his backroom team.

Unless we were now to go on a massive winning run, scoring loads of goals, i think he is one maybe two poor performances away from the sack and I would be very surprised if FSG are not sounding out a replacement in the background, whether that be Klopp, Ancellotti or some up and coming manager like Monk, Howe or Alex Neil

But, I am not too despondent, been through this many times as a Liverpool supporter, it will change, the good times will come, even if it is a close season like two years ago or 2005-2008 under Rafa, or the run we had under Houlier, we will be back.

YNWA

Him and his wife going their separate ways after a long marriage has nothing to do with anything to do with something to do with football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I think it's each ones last 15 games in charge of the club before the were fired.
    I must have missed Lamberts spell in charge?

Or is that a prediction of both our next manager and his demise also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Like everyone else it seems, I watched the Leicestershire v Villa game and was hugely impressed by their never say die attitude in the second half. Highlighted the gap between a team who's players are comfortable in their roles and with the general set up of a side and those who are uncertain about both which of course reflects most strongly on the manager.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    It was just an attempt at humour chief. ;)

And yes I have. I suppose he felt his new set of delf deserved a better class of bird.

I think his choice in girlfriend is extremely similar to his choice as Liverpool Manager, punching above his weight and out of his depth. :rolleyes:

Like everyone else it seems, I watched the Leicestershire v Villa game and was hugely impressed by their never say die attitude in the second half. Highlighted the gap between a team who's players are comfortable in their roles and with the general set up of a side and those who are uncertain about both which of course reflects most strongly on the manager.

was there a cricket match I missed today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Harry knows they are made of stern stuff from the shire. Give them a ring, see if they are available :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It says it at the top of the table; points gained from each manager's last 15 games in charge of Liverpool (Paul Lambert thrown in for comparison, presumably).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Kirby wrote: »
    Harry knows they are made of stern stuff from the shire. Give them a ring, see if they are available :P

We have enough small tricksy lads in the squad as is, no need to go adding actual hobbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We need some magic of the ring. Someone phone Klopp!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement