Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hoping to see a few Rodgers Out banners at the next few home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not really how I wanted us to be compeating with Real Madrid.

That's exactly what I said when I saw how Rodgers lined up against them over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

No banners allowed. Convenient eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »
    No banners allowed. Convenient eh?

Just lob this up in the Kop, sure.

rodgers1_2332799c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Someone set up a Go Fund Me page aimed at raising the 10m euros necessary to pay Rodgers out of the remainder of his contract at Anfield. lol

55f5fa5219da4.jpg

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/liverpool-fan-going-to-extreme-lengths-to-get-rid-of-brendan-rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm sure that will raise a lot of money, and I'm sure the owner of this account will keep it.
    Clever guy /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don't want to seem negative or any thing about klopp as i know very little about him other than he won a bundeslige title( i think) and reached the CL final
    But didn't Dortmund go drastically down hill before he left.?
    If he is so sh1t hot would he not have fixed dortmund ?
    Did ancelloti set the world on alight with chelsea? Maybe we should sound roberto dematteo out for the job ! He won the CL after-all
    There is no over night fix and everybody knows this is BR s sh1t or bust year . He seems to have got his way re the TC so its ALL down to him.
    Personally i'm happy enough for the time being to let him make his own way before a change is needed.
    But the clock is ticking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cloudy N Rainy will be mentioned for Liverpool job if Leiester City continue to impress under him. I can't recall him ever winning a trophy for anyone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mav79 wrote: »
    The team should be built around Couthino, get players in front of him making runs and have him deeper than the traditional no. 10. He is the one player we have that can pick the ball up in the centre of the pitch and go past a couple of players instead of hitting it back to the defenders.

Building around one player who will likely move in a couple of years, or may get injured, not ideal.

Compare our last season with Suarez and since. By all means cater to him when available, but build, no.
    Someone set up a Go Fund Me page aimed at raising the 10m euros necessary to pay Rodgers out of the remainder of his contract at Anfield. lol

55f5fa5219da4.jpg

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/liverpool-fan-going-to-extreme-lengths-to-get-rid-of-brendan-rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Knex. wrote: »
    Just bring in De Boer and the biys.

He's waiting for Wenger to retire I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think Klopp would have a choice of a club involved in the CL come the summer.

Pardew probably not but I think FSG will go for the up and coming manager rather than the established. Monk or Koeman.

We need a winner

Tbh I think they might go for somebody like Klopp, more tried and trusted to try and get the best out of the £200 million spent or whatever it is.

I don't think FSG are adverse to changing direction if needed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

It was known the day he signed for the club. It was among the list of things that caused fans to raise their concerns. It was the foundation to many suggesting he was a spoofer.

I prefer to use more moderate language myself in order to avoid unnecessary arguments but the core of their arguments have been proven accurate.

The like of Alan and Lloyd got a disgusting amount of abuse on this forum for their views.

Your off the mark here mate. Nobody knew what would happen when he took over. A lot of us had doubts (me included) but I was willing to give him a chance which by and large most people were. A bad/mediocre opening few months led on to a good end to the first season and a fantastic second season. Credit it to Suarez or whoever you want but the fact is Rodgers was manager so book stops with him...... Just as it does now and should.

You say their arguments have proved accurate...... Well if you wait long enough so will most dissenting views in football because managers don't last too long.... After all Rodgers is the second longest serving manager in the premiership. No one minds alternate views imo and in fact when they are backed up and reasonable they are usually very interesting and lead to good debate which is proper order. Frankly a lot of the things put forward by some posters (on both sides) was complete manure and I happily ignored both for the drivel that it was. No poster deserves abuse but there were posts that were simply ridiculous on both sides and most got what they deserved..... Make no mistake they knew exactly new hat they were doing.

To proclaim now that one side has been proven right is wrong as we had an unbelievable season very recently...... The closest we've come to a league title in 25 years lest we forget. This managers journey has proven 'both sides' right at different times. But in my opinion, Unfortunately for Liverpool football club, He has lost the dressing room and has run out of ideas. I'd love him to prove me wrong and get top 4 but it's time for FSG to get tough and get Klopp or his ilk in charge. However I won't hold my breath ...... The next 3-4 months will show us what FSG are made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Since when is giving a manager time wrong?

Hodgson, Moyes, yes.

Rodgers proved himself able enough in his first season and shocked everybody in his second.

I said it way back, Rodgers making a mess of it afterwards still makes it the right thing to do.

The believers were wrong in the long run but the doubters called it wrong in 13/14.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

whatever Rodgers did or didn't do in his early reign, it was an incredible decision not to let him go after the Stoke 6-1 game. That was inexcusable.

There was no reason to back him after that.

If Klopp is in anyway available they should get him. Also a top drawer DOF and abandon this transfer committee full of american baseball fans/corporates.

They hiring policy so far has been shocking.
    Comolli, an absolute spoofer, a known spoofer when we hired him. Jen Chang who went gangster with threads in a cafe towards some big deal on twitter.

Roy 'I'm a top top top manager who has done it all, in Sweden', they love a lad with a bit of bluster who in reality, is a yes man and will do what he is told.

The Kenny thing was a silly experiment, one that would make even Newcastle fans lol.

Onto The Rodgers he takes confidence, belief and talking about the 'young boys' to weird levels, has portraits of himself in the kitchen. He owns too many houses.

He talked an awful lot in the early days - to FSG (who clearly loved it, with his 400 page dossier) and to the media thereafter.

Should we tell them, the media and more importantly the opposition, and the transfer market in great minute detail how we are going to play, win, what sort of players we are now ready to be fleeced on more than typical? Much to gain from that? Or more bragging rights as an individual to lay it all out if you then succeed?

From the above and tactics wise: players he plays, and out of position, he acts like Dr Evil:

Dr. Evil: Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis, Austin Powers

Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?

Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

Dr. Evil: All right guard, begin the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism.
    Lovern

Dr. Evil: Close the tank!

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!

Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Scott Evil: I have a gun, in my room, you give me five seconds, I'll get it, I'll come back down here, BOOM, I'll blow their brains out!

Dr. Evil: Scott, you just don't get it, do ya? You don't.

Anyhow, I stated it last season and this, the guy looks beat, he is completely different in interviews and pressers.

I don't know if he is anxious, reserved to his fate, pissed off, dear in the headlights, lost at sea or just grinding through this difficult end game experience where the club hope he will hand in a p45 and save them 8.7m which he won't, and shouldn't. Why give out long contracts anyhow when most managers don't work out, or for long.

Anyhow, they should get their finger out of their arse, and do what they can do get Klopp and a top drawer DOF and try their best to stay out of the football element, stick to the coporate, stadium build and twitter.

And that is my final rant of the day. Gnite m8s

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think Klopp would have a choice of a club involved in the CL come the summer.

Pardew probably not but I think FSG will go for the up and coming manager rather than the established. Monk or Koeman.

We need a winner

Up and coming my bollox. We need someone who has won things and has competed to a decent level in Europe, whether we are there at the moment or not.

If Klopp is waiting for a CL, then bring in him now and offer him a contract until the summer and see can he get us there. Big bonus if required if he does it, if he signs a new contract/extends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If Klopp is waiting for a CL, then bring in him now and offer him a contract until the summer and see can he get us there. Big bonus if required if he does it, if he signs a new contract/extends.

Why would Klopp agree to such terrible terms? He'd tell us to eff off, and he'd be right to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. Thats the sort of contract that clubs offer inexperienced coaches or backroom staff. What possible incentive would any established manager have to accept terms like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why indeed would you offer Klopp such cat terms, the man has earned the right to be given time to build a squad.

Ha, look at us discussing whats never gonna happen, FSG will never sack Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Having been frustrated with Rodgers after last season, I was still very much in the camp for giving him another season or at least until January to see how we're getting on. 5 games into the season and I'm fed up with him though.

The losses alone are bad, but it's the manner of defeat that has done it for me. We were horrific against United. The team selection was dreadful. When I saw Ings name on the team sheet I was hopeful. Finally, back to playing 2 up top. Ings will run all day and cause problems. But no. BR had to go and **** that up too. Ings and Firmino playing as wide players is an absolute disgrace. An utterly clueless decision. What was the motivation behind that? Having two very attack-minded players playing out wide to cover our fullbacks, but being able to counter? What it actually did was just completely nullify those 2 attacking players while leaving Benteke isolated yet again.

It's a miracle that Klopp and Ancelotti are still available, and right now I would gladly take either. Klopp would be my preference but Ancelotti would definitely be an upgrade.

Rodgers time seems to be up to everyone but the owners. He has spent an absolute fortune and our team are playing dreadful football. Are we able to effectively play possession based football? No. Can we play counter attacking football? No. Can we shut up shop, be solid and defend a 1-0 lead? No. We can't really do anything well at the minute and Rodgers seems to be making even more bizarre decisions to try and get out of the rut we're in. Instead of keeping it simple, playing players in their proper positions and going with 2 up top he decides he knows better than everyone, plays a formation that doesn't suit us with players that don't suit the formation.

**** off Brendan Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Wonder if he will change it up much on Thuraday to get a morale boosting win or play a lot of fringe players ahead of the game next Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

slingerz wrote: »
    Wonder if he will change it up much on Thuraday to get a morale boosting win or play a lot of fringe players ahead of the game next Sunday?

IMO we need to put out a strong side and do everything we can to get a convincing win.

After the weekend, Klopp must be sitting at home sitting by the phone like this:

4ccc88b47c47d2aa465ab522b92e0551-20-normal-things-simpsons-fans-cant-hear-without-laughing.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

FSG have just sacked and hired half a dozen people for Rodgers, not to mention brought in half a team's worth of players for him. We're 5 games into a tough start to a 9-month campaign. Why on earth does anyone think they're contemplating replacing Rodgers already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Is he gone yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

slingerz wrote: »

It's a great opportunity to start two new centre halves. While everyone was criticising Lovren, rightly, that useless time bomb beside him is every bit as bad. If Rodgers doesn't make the changes, as well as playing players in their proper positions, then he will have learnt nothing and it will be time to go. Even Thommo was just on the radio saying that he'll be gone if he hasn't sorted it by the derby.

I'd start Gomez and Sakho on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Sappy404 wrote: »
    FSG have just sacked and hired half a dozen people for Rodgers, not to mention brought in half a team's worth of players for him. We're 5 games into a tough start to a 9-month campaign. Why on earth does anyone think they're contemplating replacing Rodgers already?

They won't be yet, but it's the manner of the defeats that is most worrying. Don't forget Sturridge, Henderson and Coutinho have to come back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm not sure anyone is saying they actually are, but I'm pretty sure everyone is saying they should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Because it's clear as day that doing all of that has already proved to be a mistake?

Joe.ie have extracts from Stevie G's new book, and its pretty cringeworthy to read how desperate the club sound:

Story here
    "Our target in 2014 was ridiculously optimistic. Brendan asked me to take a crack at trying to talk Toni Kroos into signing for Liverpool.

"He smiled when I said we’d be pi**ing into the wind with this one. We both admired Kroos immensely. I knew Real Madrid were gearing up to make Bayern Munich an offer and so I felt a bit awkward when I texted Kroos. The German was on his way to winning the World Cup with his country and Real were the champions of Europe. But God loves a trier, and so I gave it a whirl.

"Some of the best footballers in the world can also be the most respectful. Kroos didn’t make me feel like I was a total idiot. But, of course, he would soon sign for Real Madrid. We had a nice little exchange of texts and I said well done and good luck."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm not sure anyone is saying they actually are, but I'm pretty sure everyone is saying they should be.

The time to do it was the end of last year. After the 6-1 defeat all supporters would have been happy to see the back of him.

How do Liverpool score a goal and what is our plan to win games? I have no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just because one puts their hand on the hot range (one not being aware it was lit), doesn't mean that one should leave it there.
    They will only get burnt more.

I'm not sure if it goes on at other clubs but asking Gerrard to text players asking them to sign is a bit...small time.

I mean, are we at a teenage disco, getting our buddy to ask the girl to dance with us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The time to do it was the end of last year. After the 6-1 defeat all supporters would have been happy to see the back of him

He's in a much worse position in my eyes now than he was after Stoke. Has had all summer to get who he wants and has now got two batterings in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I'm not sure if it goes on at other clubs but asking Gerrard to text players asking them to sign is a bit...small time.

I mean, are we at a teenage disco, getting our buddy to ask the girl to dance with us?
    He was the highest profile person at the club at the time so I can see why he was asked, but that really is where you need a DoF with proper clout in the footballing world to be doing your business, so yeah, small time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

'Will ya meet me mate...me manager?'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Win the two home games coming up and things will be looking brighter again.
    As bad a performance as it was, I still think Rodgers should at least get till Christmas and see where we are then. The senior players like Skrtel and Lucas badly need to look at themselves. Where was the ledaership on the pitch the last day? Where was the roaring and shouting? the organising players at set pieces? Who was our player that was gonna grab the game and wrestle it back?
    Its amazing how much we rely on one player (coutinho) for that bit of creative spark to get us going. Ibe surely has to start the upcoming games. We saw what young did for them coming on and having a go at full backs, we need that in our play right now. It could be a case of going back to the 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 to get us out of this little rut we're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He's in a much worse position in my eyes now than he was after Stoke. Has had all summer to get who he wants and has now got two batterings in a row.

Not just two batterings, but two battering and three piss poor performances. His team selection and tactics prove he's learned nothing over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Win the two home games coming up and things will be looking brighter again.
    As bad a performance as it was, I still think Rodgers should at least get till Christmas and see where we are then. The senior players like Skrtel and Lucas badly need to look at themselves. Where was the ledaership on the pitch the last day? Where was the roaring and shouting? the organising players at set pieces? Who was our player that was gonna grab the game and wrestle it back?
    Its amazing how much we rely on one player (coutinho) for that bit of creative spark to get us going. Ibe surely has to start the upcoming games. We saw what young did for them coming on and having a go at full backs, we need that in our play right now. It could be a case of going back to the 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 to get us out of this little rut we're in.

Agree. We should get in a winger, at least 20 m pounds worth to relieve pressure and attack .. Oh wait !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'd be very worried about giving him until Christmas. We've alot of games to come and if he can't get his **** together enough to plan for midweek games we could easily be the wrong end of the table by New Years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Not just two batterings, but two battering and three piss poor performances. His team selection and tactics prove he's learned nothing over the summer.

Exactly. It just reinforces what a lot have suspected for a long time, that he has no idea what he's doing, how to set up the team to get the most out of the players, how to get good players playing well, how to add some fight and bite into the team. We're awful to watch, and we're making zero progress, in fact we seem to be regressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

As was pointed out before the game, he had 6 new players in his starting 11 on Saturday. Whatever way you look at it, its gonna take some time to gel and get a bit of cohesiveness about the team. We're 5 games into the season and have two bad results. It was only 2 games ago the same players were being lauded for their display against Arsenal. I'd give the guy time to get it right. Obviously if things are going down the sh*tter in a months time then it may be time to act, but lets not jump the gun just yet. As I said, win our two upcoming home games and lets see where we're at then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So the manager asked a player to tap up another player isn't that against FIFA rules or something.

I'm sure Klopp, Ancelotti or De Boer wouldn't need to to ask a player to do that.

corwill wrote: »
    Because it's clear as day that doing all of that has already proved to be a mistake?

So, you're FSG. You're world-renowned sports team comes very close to winning their first title in a generation and you give the manager a lucrative new deal. Your team then loses its star player, your braintrust signs a bunch of overpriced no-marks and your star striker is injured long-term; the team plays dreadfully for 3 months.

But you stick with your man.

Things improve slightly for a few months but it all goes to hell again; scraping a place in Europe and capitulating in the last few matches, including a new low 6-1 defeat on the last day.

However, you decide again to back your manager - big time.

You sack everyone around him and hire replacements and promote coaches internally. You make a windfall selling your best player for the second year in a row, again reinvesting every penny plus tens of millions of your own money in rebuilding the squad. After a difficult fixture list is drawn, the season starts with a win at the scene of the team's most humiliating defeat last season. Your captain gets injured, your star striker is recovering from his latest surgery, and you pick up a 2nd win, followed by a decent point away to title contenders Arsenal. A poor home display results in a heavy defeat, and a loss at the home of your biggest rivals, this one also without your best player, sees them go three points ahead of you into 2nd.

But your captain will be back soon. Your star striker is back training regularly, and your best player has served his suspension.

It's now you sack your manager? After 5 games? After 2 defeats? Leicester are 15 places above Chelsea. You think the season so far can tell you something worth throwing away the millions and millions you've just invested? You think it's already worth putting millions more into sackings, hiring a new manager and an entire new backroom? You think bringing in another 5-6 players in January for this new man is the wise thing to do? Please.

Even if his days are numbered, even if Klopp is breathing down his neck or making eyes at FSG, even if tepid 1-0 wins against the shíter teams in the league are all the fans have to enjoy, Rodgers won't be sacked for a long time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just watching again.

Benteke's goal was beautiful.

Really wish the papers hadn't serialised Gerrard's book. The club doesn't need his " Dirty laundry " being aired right now( I know I shared a link on Saturday night but I was being flippant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What the fck is Markovic doing over in Fenerbahce now? He should have been placed against Bordeaux. We need that width he provides, never mind healthy competition.

So, you're FSG. You're world-renowned sports team comes very close to winning their first title in a generation and you give the manager a lucrative new deal. Your team then loses its star player, your braintrust signs a bunch of overpriced no-marks and your star striker is injured long-term; the team plays dreadfully for 3 months.

But you stick with your man.

Things improve slightly for a few months but it all goes to hell again; scraping a place in Europe and capitulating in the last few matches, including a new low 6-1 defeat on the last day.

However, you decide again to back your manager - big time.

You sack everyone around him and hire replacements and promote coaches internally. You make a windfall selling your best player for the second year in a row, again reinvesting every penny plus tens of millions of your own money in rebuilding the squad. After a difficult fixture list is drawn, the season starts with a win at the scene of the team's most humiliating defeat last season. Your captain gets injured, your star striker is recovering from his latest surgery, and you pick up a 2nd win, followed by a decent point away to title contenders Arsenal. A poor home display results in a heavy defeat, and a loss at the home of your biggest rivals, this one also without your best player, sees them go three points ahead of you into 2nd.

But your captain will be back soon. Your star striker is back training regularly, and your best player has served his suspension.

It's now you sack your manager? After 5 games? After 2 defeats? Leicester are 15 places above Chelsea. You think the season so far can tell you something worth throwing away the millions and millions you've just invested? You think it's already worth putting millions more into sackings, hiring a new manager and an entire new backroom? You think bringing in another 5-6 players in January for this new man is the wise thing to do? Please.

Even if his days are numbered, even if Klopp is breathing down his neck or making eyes at FSG, even if tepid 1-0 wins against the shíter teams in the league are all the fans have to enjoy, Rodgers won't be sacked for a long time yet.

It's not after 5 games. It's after 4 seasons and nothing to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    The senior players like Skrtel and Lucas badly need to look at themselves. Where was the ledaership on the pitch the last day? Where was the roaring and shouting? the organising players at set pieces? Who was our player that was gonna grab the game and wrestle it back?

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, with Gerrard gone we have no leaders in the team! Kolo Touré would probably be the closest we have to a 'Leader' in the squad. The likes of Milner and Henderson need to be stepping up to the plate!

I wouldn't mind seeing 2 of Touré/Gomez/Sakho starting the next few games at CB. Lovren is useless and Skrtel should be ashamed of himself after the 3rd goal the other day.

It's gonna be a long season!

It's not after 5 games. It's after 4 seasons and nothing to show for it.

I'm not saying he deserves to stay, or that FSG are right to have backed him. I'm saying it's naive to think FSG would sack him 5 games into the season after investing so heavily in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Cloudy N Rainy will be mentioned for Liverpool job if Leiester City continue to impress under him. I can't recall him ever winning a trophy for anyone though.

Valencia
    UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1998
    Copa del Rey: 1998/99
    UEFA Super Cup: 2004

Fiorentina
    Coppa Italia: 1995/96
    Supercoppa Italia: 1996

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement