Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm from Finglas? :/

Sure isn't most of County Meath considered as Greater Finglas now?

"Commuter Belt".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Not solid confirmation but I'm not surprised as I've always expected this to be the case.

Says a lot about the guy that ego allowed him to sign Mario, but ego also allowed him to quickly distance himself from having been the one who made the call.

No wonder the players seem to be sleepwalking through games when he's the Man that they're meant to get behind and play for. Loyalty he doesn't inspire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Here’s an example of what he did for me. On March 13, 2012 I scored a hat-trick at Anfield against Everton. It was the first hat-trick in 30 years of Merseyside derbies, since Ian Rush scored three at Goodison Park in 1982. It was made even better by the selfless magic Suarez sprinkled over me that night. Luis is no saint — and I’m not sure he would have done the same for Daniel Sturridge. There was always a little bit of needling rivalry between Sturridge and Suarez.

The body language between them spoke volumes. I remember pointing it out at the time to my liverpool mates and being told I was imagining things but hearing Gerrard talk about it makes a lot of sense to me. They always seemed more rivals than team mates.

This bit here though seems a bit low.
    ‘I had seen a staggering number of new signings walk into the Liverpool training ground. I watched every single one of their first training sessions with close attention, wondering whether we’d bought a star or another dud, a king or a prat, a Xabi Alonso or an El Hadji Diouf, a Luis Suarez or a Mario Balotelli.

Balotelli had nothing but good things to say publicly about Gerrard for it seems quite poor form for Gerrard to lay into him like that. He does say he has respect for him and that he occassionally made him smile but it comes off a bit patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, I kinda felt like this too....like it was better for him to leave, seemed to really be taking its toll on him mentally with the constant battle with H&G. It had just become a power struggle between them, with the football almost taking a back seat. That actually makes sense, given that his hands were totally tied in transfers - like only being able to buy from clubs that owed us money the previous summer etc. It just felt like it had come to a head, and was almost good for his sanity to take a step back.

I still firmly believe he'll manage us again though, and with success under a less insane ownership. At this stage, is there anyone left at the club apart from Ayre (who was Commercial Director at the time I think) who was there when he left?

That is pretty much exactly how I felt/feel about the subject

Didn't really want him to leave but felt it might be better for him if he did

Would love to see him back, would certainly be an improvement on what we have currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Get a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Get both, life will be full then. Well unless your girlfriend goes off with your boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

All the men in Finglas are lesbians.

Haha your sly dig went awry mon ami

Kirby wrote: »

Balotelli had nothing but good things to say publicly about Gerrard for it seems quite poor form for Gerrard to lay into him like that. He does say he has respect for him and that he occassionally made him smile but it comes off a bit patronising.

Gerrard trained & played with balotelli, he obviously wasn't impressed by balotellis application, effort, contribution on the pitch. Gerrard is more than entitled to put whatever he wants in his book imo :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't get why people like Gerrard do an autobiography at all. Seriously, have they not got enough money?He must have earned at least 75m over the course of his career, and that's probably conservative given the amount of endorsements and so on a player of his profile would have.

I can understand a bit more from those that probably earned less or in an era before the really stupid money came into play, but the high profile ones from modern times should be a bit more discreet about some things I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't get why people like Gerrard do an autobiography at all. Seriously, have they not got enough money?He must have earned at least 75m over the course of his career, and that's probably conservative given the amount of endorsements and so on a player of his profile would have.

Probably the sheer novelty of 'writing' a book.

But I suppose its hard to turn that money down when you can make it. That's financially securing another generation of the Gerrard clan by itself, probably.

• Advertisement

No PL title probably has him restless/unsatisfied to an extent, coming so close 2013/2014 was unexpected for him so not quite getting there hit hard imo, might be an element of release in a book.

I await the free PDF version patiently :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kirby wrote: »
    So Balotelli is a nice fellow - should that make him immune from criticism?

I'm glad Gerrard made these comments, because it confirms any doubt in our minds that the issue was with the club or the manager. We know Balotelli was lazy at times and there were reports of him being late for training. That is one thing, but for a player to refuse to perform a duty assigned to him on his first day? I just find that incredible. You can expect his kind of thing from a world class player like Suarez, Messi or Ronaldo, because at least you know they deliver at the other end of the pitch. For a player like Balotelli, who was trying to rebuild his reputation, it just shows shocking commitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I can understand a bit more from those that probably earned less or in an era before the really stupid money came into play, but the high profile ones from modern times should be a bit more discreet about some things I reckon.

I don't think its about the money at all, but rather to put his perspective or opinion across on a series of events involving him that are in the public domain.

For any footballer, it must be frustrating to see so many inaccuracies written about you, both in the media and on social media. A book is an opportunity for a player to give his account of what's been written and said about him over a number of years.

The money he'd earn from the book is minimal relative to his salary, hence I reckon the above explains most footballer autobiographies. Obviously there's going to be the exception, but I don't believe everyone from Carragher to Gerrard to Neville, Keane, Bellamy, Hamann, Fowler etc are all doing because they're all that money hungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I agree.

My biggest pet peeve is the super rich endorsing worthless products and, put simply, making money out of anything and everything their agent can get their hooks in.

Padraig Harrington. Flora.

Knex. wrote: »

But I suppose its hard to turn that money down when you can make it. That's financially securing another generation of the Gerrard clan by itself, probably.

The worst part is the cnts never even right the books. They sit with a ghost writer for a week or two and then they cobble it together. Complete with made up dialogue. The 'voice' in these books is always painfully slow.

Knex. wrote: »

Hardly a novelty when it his second book

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    I await the free PDF version patiently :)

Yeah, i'll probably still read it if its free :pac:

Got a link to PDF of Roy Keane's latest on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Obviously there's going to be the exception, but I don't believe everyone from Carragher to Gerrard to Neville, Keane, Bellamy, Hamann, Fowler etc are all doing because they're all that money hungry

I dunno, I imagine that Didi might need the cash :)

I dunno, I imagine that Didi might need the cash :)

Ha, bad example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Padraig Harrington. Flora.

"I was eating a half-pound of butter a day. My doctor said to stop being a twit.
    Flora will slow my imminent death. Golf golf, 3 time major winner, what's good for me..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Suarez/Sturridge thing would have been obvious to anyone who watched them play. I reckon Sturridge would be an infuriating player to play alongside due to his selfishness.

• Advertisement

Benitez hits back.

Accuses Gerrard on using his name as publicity to sell books

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/benitez-accuses-gerrard-using-name-10057090

I welcome this distraction. Hope it goes on for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just when Rodgers week couldn't get any worse, Joe Allen has revealed how the manager asked him to scope out semi-decent footballers on Tinder, under the guise of a blonde bombshell, for meetings at fancy restaurants, dolled up to the nines.

When it came time for the footballer to sign the bill for the food, the Welsh Xavi would lift his wig AND the tablecloth revealing a contract printed on duplicate copy paper with the imprint of the unsuspecting footballer's signature plain as day. "Welcome to Liverpool" he would calmly say, fixing his left tit, and striding out in his candy red high heels.

The walls of the restaurant would collapse revealing it's surroundings to be the Melwood training ground. "Pack your bags son, you're going on loan to Huddersfield."

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Benitez hits back.

Accuses Gerrard on using his name as publicity to sell books

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/benitez-accuses-gerrard-using-name-10057090

I welcome this distraction. Hope it goes on for months

It hardly counts as hitting back. He said almost nothing really about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Surely Benitez using Stevie in that quote is a nice bit of needle? :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Just when Rodgers week couldn't get any worse, Joe Allen has revealed how the manager asked him to scope out semi-decent footballers on Tinder, under the guise of a blonde bombshell, for meetings at fancy restaurants, dolled up to the nines.

When it came time for the footballer to sign the bill for the food, the Welsh Xavi would lift his wig AND the tablecloth revealing a contract printed on duplicate copy paper with the imprint of the unsuspecting footballer's signature plain as day. "Welcome to Liverpool" he would calmly say, fixing his left tit, and striding out in his candy red high heels.

The walls of the restaurant would collapse revealing it's surroundings to be the Melwood training ground. "Pack your bags son, you're going on loan to Huddersfield."

Ah, that explains the beard now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Benitez deserves respect for not responding to Gerrard's claims imo. Its probably a case of Gerrard taking up Benitez's distant relationship with players wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Its all about maintaining that brand, those previous endorsements and advertisements are made knowing that Gerard / Keane / Jimmy Bullard are going to be relevent and around for years to come.

And of course a big wad of dolla' dolla' bills that his business advisors etc would have just said "sign this and talk to this guy on the phone for 2 / 3 hours and we will write the book and we will all get X, Y , Z"

Remember, these guys don't operate in the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

unai-emery-700x357.jpg
    It is always tough for teams outside of Spain’s top two; even tougher for the managers who get the stick and then the axe for not being able to win as many matches as Barcelona and Real Madrid in a league that is generally divided into another sub-league for the rest of the teams. This is a story of the man who despite being an over-achiever in the sub-league still managed to get the axe. Unai Emery comes from a family with a history of producing professional footballers. He too had a short career in professional football, in mostly Spanish League’s second division. After a career-ending knee injury ruled him out from furthering his career, he moved into a managerial post with the club he was associated with as a player, LocaDeportiva. Over-achieving is probably his forte, as he guided Deportiva and later Almeria to promotions that were never before witnessed in their respective histories. This was the beginning.
    There is no introduction required for the likes of Valencia, who have always been at the helm of Spanish football. They quickly seized the opportunity to sign a young Emery in the summer of 2008 to showcase his talents at a club that were struggling to keep pace with the rest of the clubs due to the financial problems surrounding the Mestella. Little did he disappoint. The boy from Basque, now a man, led Valencia from a torrid position in the league and finished sixth, earning them a Europa League spot for next year. This was a turnaround for the “che” club. Good days were ahead. The following season, Valencia now full of confidence and desire to achieve further success finished 3rd in the league. No one could have foreseen this. It was a golden period for Valencia who hadn’t seen this level of success in the previous few seasons. But as they say, all good things don’t last.
    It was no secret that Valencia was a club ridden with financial problems. Hence the sale of players such as David Villa, David Silva, Juan Mata was always forthcoming. Despite all the problems, Emery was someone who could always come up with a solution. He did not let anything get in his way and built his team season after season, finishing third yet again in the 2010-11 campaign. He always had a way of setting his teams up. He would drill them; always make sure that they were competitive and tactically sound. He would never field the same eleven in back-to-back games, always leaving the opposition guessing. He belonged to the GuardiolaSchool in the way his teams played the game. But not everyone appreciated this style. The 2011-12 season saw Unai Emery become Valencia’s longest serving manager in the last 40 years. Valencia doesn’t usually have managers who last 4 years. A neutral would say that the feat was much deserved. But, the fans at the Mestella had seen the micro-managing Emery for far too long. They were again bound for a third place finish. Yet again, doing the best they could. But the fans were not satisfied. They wanted more. They were tired of the monotony that surrounded the club. They needed excitement. Hence, they spoke and the club responded by letting Emery go. Although, he hadn’t done too badly, securing Valencia champions league football season after season. But all good things do come to an end.
    Emery-Multa.jpg
    Unai Emery joined Sevilla in January 2013, after a small stint at Spartak Moscow which ended badly. Sevilla was very much like Valencia in the way the club was run. Financial problems are something that these clubs have gotten accustomed to over the years. In what little time he had for the rest of the campaign, Emery guided Sevilla to a 9th place finish. They qualified for the Europa League. The following season can be regarded as Emery’s best in management. Some of the players Sevilla had at the time were of top quality. The likes of Ivan Rakitic, Kevin Gameiro, Carlos Bacca, Jose Antonio Reyes always had class about them, but the managers before Emery could never really get the best out of them. February 2014 proved to be a turning point for Sevilla. All the hard work Emery had put in this group was starting to show. They started winning most of their games; and winning comfortably. The highlight of the season came when they beat Real Madrid in front of their home crowd at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan, denting the Los Blancos hopes of winning the title. It was a moment of pure joy for the fans in Andalusia who instantly knew their club was on the right path. Although, they finished fifth come the end of the season, they gave Athletic Bilbao a run for their money for that fourth spot in the final few months.
    They lost just 3 games after February till the end of the season, making them the team with the most points on board for those three months. And this was not the end. Emery’s hard work was to bear more fruits. And the result was a hard-fought win in the final of the Europa League against Benfica. The remarkable Sevilla under the guidance of Unai emery had made history. It was Emery’s greatest moment, and especially a much deserved one. After all the under-appreciation that he had previously received at Valencia, his former club would be kicking themselves for sacking him. Valencia are now back to life as it was before the appointment of Emery in 2008. The fans and the club have only themselves to blame. Whereas the high-flying Sevilla despite losing key men again; Rakitic Moreno and Federico Fazio, all having left for greener pastures over the summer, have made a splendid start to the 2014-15 season and are enjoying their football. In Emery, Sevilla have now found a manager who would stick and guarantee them results year round.

Deserves his chance at a big club like Liverpool.

My head hurts trying to decipher that wall of text :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

gucci wrote: »
    Jimmy Bullard is going to be relevent

Does not compute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

From Nostradamus over on rawk.
    The problems at the club go way further than the manager. That’s like thinking a change of prime minister can cure all a nation’s ills.

The owners have made it clear how much on the field matters are not a priority anymore. In 2011/12, when the club failed to meet the objectives they set, they went on a sacking cull. The director of football, the head of sporting medicine, the manager etc… We’d won a trophy, reached another final, but it wasn’t good enough for them.

Their action this Summer showed where their priorities lie now. They have made it clear there is no accountability at Liverpool Football Club anymore. We had one of the worst seasons in living memory and the only people to pay with their jobs were a couple of the coaching staff- whose contracts were coming to an end anyways.

I don’t know how they were to blame for wasting 120m odd- in addition to all the money that was wasted in the previous Summer. The club’s transfer committee has been so poor yet nothing was done about it at all. We made some of the most brain dead decisions in sporting history, like replacing Luis Suarez with Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli, but not a single person paid for it with their jobs.

There is an inertia at board level which has now engulfed the club. It’s that inertia that allows for results like Stoke 6 Liverpool 1. When all the players already have their suitcases packed for a holiday. It’s that inertia that has allowed results like that to be met with no response. It’s for that reason that when Liverpool suffer their worst home league defeat for 40 years, everyone just shrugs and move on.

Results like that should make the ground absolutely shudder. I’d wager that everywhere in the world, fans of international clubs checked the West Ham score and shuddered and shook their heads sadly; the way we would if we saw Milan had lost 3-0 at the San Siro to Calgiari. The footballing world holds Liverpool to a high standard- unfortunately, a higher standard than the football club holds itself. While they shuddered, our club just shrugged their shoulders and moved on.

This descent into mediocrity is unacceptable. It starts at the top but it goes down to chief executive, the transfer committee, the manager and the players and even the fans.

We have the 7th most expensive squad in the WORLD. The 7th.

4 of the top 6 are in England, which shows how tough it is top get into the top 4. But we are no paupers. Only 6 clubs in world football have more expensive squads than us- yet the reaction to being embarrassed in Europe by the likes of Basel and Beskyktas are met with “**** happens”. The reaction to 6-1 losses to Stoke and 3-0 home defeats by West Ham are met with “We need to improve”. What the **** is going on?

We are left with no leaders: there isn’t any leadership at the top, where there is absolutely no communication with the fans about these matters. We have no clue what the standards the club expects are anymore. There is no leadership on the pitch where a squad player from Man City can waltz in and immediately become our vice captain. Pre FSG, someone like Milner would have come in and been 6th in line for the armband. Now, he leads us out on his 3rd game for the club.

That is a sorry indictment of a transfer policy which has revolved around stats and age and completely disregarded silly things like winning mentality, warrior spirit and leadership. It explains how we moved from a player who would have kicked his baby niece’s ankle for a corner in Suarez to one who wouldn’t break his toe nail for a trophy in Balotelli. Things like winning mentality just does not seem to count for the people who buy players- or give them new contracts.

The 7th most expensive squad in world football. 270m pounds spent on players- and we only have 1 player who can create a goal scoring chance. One ****ing player. How that is not cause for an inquest akin to the Warren Commission I have no clue. The transfer committee and Rodgers have sunk this football club in the transfer market. We’ve never spent so much money in our history; and we’re left with the worst team we’ve had for 23 years.

I was a the ground yesterday and it hit me that none of that front 6 would have gotten into the team that beat City 3-2 on April 13th 2014 to go clear at the top of the league. Our front 6 that day: Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.

3 players are still here but that’s not the point: it is absolutely bewildering that we spent 200m since then and haven’t bought a single player that can improve that front 6. Every midfelder or attacking player we’ve bought since then could only get on the bench, if that. Yet again, no standards and no accountability.

We have spent an absolute fortune on mediocrity, squad players, absolute garbage, potential and players from Southampton. I cracked up laughing at the analysis of yesterday’s defeat. When the problem is that we should have partnered Benteke up with some player who was ok for Burnley last season or a kid who was voted in France’s worst side of the year last season, then that tells you everything.

The signing of Benteke illustrates everything that is wrong with this club at the moment. I got a ban for saying what I thought about it at the time, so I’ll be more diplomatic. The moment Rodgers went for him was the moment he lost me. It was basically the tell tale sign that he was going to ditch everything he worked on for 3 years. There is no logic, no planning and no structure.

A team that was coached day in day out on playing passing football, was now going to go more direct. Instead of trying to go back to how we played in 13/14 we were going to go back to how we played in 2003/04.

Yesterday, Rodgers came out and said “ We need to be more patient. It’s too easy to go long to Benteke”. Well, sorry, but no ****? It’s the same spiel Houllier gave us about Heskey. I just cannot understand how he did not see this was going to happen. And Rodgers doesn’t even provide Benteke with width. It’s absolutely insane.

The 2003/04 side is the one this side reminds me most of. It’s amazing to think that we’ve basically gone 11 years back, after all that, but it’s true. Except this time we don’t have Hyypia, Gerrard or Owen- we have a Houllier side with all of them out and Heskey alone up front.

Mignolet for Dudek, Moreno as Riise, Lovren for Traore, Can as Biscan, Milner as Murphy, Firmino as Cheyrou, Ibe as Sinama Pongolle, Lallana as Smicer, Benteke as Heskey. It’s the same conservative , long ball style with no creativity, no entertainment and no hope. They’ve even brought back the pre match huddle from that era. We even have a white ****ing away kit.

And this season feels like that one too- a season where we are all passing time, waiting for this era to end. Like in 1997/98 too except we don’t have a kid like Owen coming through to excite us. All we have now is the hope that Sturridge can come back and have the same impact as Suarez 2 years ago.

Brendan Rodgers has staked his Liverpool career on turning us into a Gerard Houllier side. He’s looked at last season and decided he needed the team to play like they did in the first half of the season, when we had our first start since 1954, and before his 3-6-1 eureka moment. That style of play got him close to the sack. Why he’s gone back to it again is absolutely insane but a proof that he feels he’s close to losing his job and decided to try and play it safe.

All of this can only end up badly for him and the club. People that think that Klopp will come in are dreaming- the owners are much rather likely to get Gary Monk in than Klopp. That’s the standards they have set.

We can even talk about the youth system. Remember when we had Borrell and Segura and all the talk was that one same philosophy would run through all the different sides of the club, from the kids upwards? How a manager would just be one part of the system, how all the sides would play the same formation etc... What the **** has happened to that? Where's the planning, consistency and standards there?

I’m sorry to end on a low note but I’ve got to say it: last year I wrote I felt that 13/14 was a watershed moment and that it would signal the last hurrah of Liverpool as a big football club. The descent to mid table mediocrity has begun in my opinion. Bad seasons are shrugged off, 6-1 defeats are ignored, worst home defeats for 40 years just don’t register. There is no accountability and an acceptance from everyone involved at the club at our descent.

It’s scary, scary times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sure it'll be grand lads. I just had curry for lunch, what a time to be alive. For lunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah, the acceptance of lowered standards becomes the biggest problem very quickly. Once the club itself and the fanbase buys the 'but we're only little Liverpool' angle descent becomes inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That Nostradamus piece is so spot on it's frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

SlickRic wrote: »

Yup.

IMO, the owners are setting up to sell the club. Their decision making is strange...especially considering what they could have done during the summer if they were really interested.

I think they are hoping to get the stadium ready, hope that Rodgers doesn't **** up any further (so they aren't forced to sack him) and then start listening to offers.

brevity wrote: »
    Yup.

IMO, the owners are setting up to sell the club. Their decision making is strange...especially considering what they could have done during the summer if they were really interested.

I don't know what gives you that impression.

I've been impressed by the owners and am happy with them.

I genuinely don't see any indication that FSG will be looking to sell the club any time soon, tbh.

Just a kinda gut feeling, a few things here and there...I'm not fully convinced by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Dont see what more the owners could be doing tbh. They've backed the man they chose to lead the club. They reinvested all tranfer money back into first team personnel. They've put their money where their mouth is and are expanding the stadium. I've no problem with them whatsoever.

(apart from the transfer committee)

• Advertisement

So, will it be Eastenders or Corrie tonight folks? I hear Red Rock on TV3 isn't too bad.

Just a bit of craic lads, considering this time last year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

stankratz wrote: »
    So, will it be Eastenders or Corrie tonight folks? I hear Red Rock on TV3 isn't too bad.

Just a bit of craic lads, considering this time last year!
    Training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

While I agree with a lot of things on that post, if FSG are selling up its make no sense to let your asset depreciate by turning a blind eye to bad management at club level. The value of the club and performance of the team on the pitch are related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

stankratz wrote: »

Which would you recommend from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

SlickRic wrote: »

If he is Nostradamus, he could've told us all this years ago.

People wouldn't have listened anyway.

"Get behind the club Nostradamus. Support your manager."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

My head hurts trying to decipher that wall of text :rolleyes:

The tried and tested start at the top and work your way down never fails for me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I cant see how Gerrards book is in anyway distracting.

He hasnt said ANYTHING new.

Everything he is saying "Mario may never fulfill his potential", "Rafa only talked to the players as players and didnt really care about outside football stuff", its all stuff we have heard before and stuff I'm sure most of the team already knew that Gerrard thought these things.

Cant see anything at all wrong with it. Even if there is anything in the book it shouldnt distract the team anyway because they have plenty of other things to be worrying about other than the fact Brendan asked Gerrard to talk a world class player into coming to the club..................

By the way EVERY club asks their players to help talk players into coming to their club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Betya he knew you were going to post that, too.

One extract that I laughed at from Gerrard's book was when he said if he was ever manager of Liverpool, he'd have Carra as his assistant.

I can't say I'd ever want to see that day, personally, but if it did happen, I'd be hoping it was the other way around.

kfallon wrote: »
    Which would you recommend from last year?

Stop living in the past! :pac: Not a soaps man and I'm not quite sure what I did to pass the time, I just remember being at a serious loss.

On topic; What are you guys' feelings on the Europa league this year? Is it something Liverpool should be striving to do well in, or do you see it more as a league distraction? I.M.O. the tournament gets a worst rep than it deserves, and I would have liked to see United make more of an effort in it a few years ago that time we got rightfully catapulted out of the C.L. group stages into it. Even in the season of Moyes, some fans were happy to finish 7th and stay clear of it, but I think big clubs should be competing in Europe one way or another. At the least to maintain the club's profile in Europe and to keep the squad attuned to playing 2 games a week.

That said though, the fact that they are Thursday night games aren't ideal for the following weekend's league match.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement