Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Perhaps because going into his 4th season as manager our performances have been consistently poor and there seems to be a very scatterbrain approach to tactics and transfers. Just seems like a big mess at mo.

Yet was labelled a tactical genius by many season before last, and again last season when we were 11/12 games unbeaten after going 3 at the back.

A lot of people attack his personality, so even when successful, they will say it's all down to something other than him. That's the lot of a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get so angry. Rodgers has actually done a decent job. I know Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but we're not entitled to win the league or qualify for the Champions League.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there who could do a better job than Rodgers, but you'd swear he was doing a Hodgson and having us down near the relegation zone.

We should only have 3pts this season and have really only scored 1 goal, we should also have 5 goals against, 5 games ago we lost 6-1 to stoke, our last game we lose 3-0 at home and you dont understand why people are angry?? Do us a favour and crawl back under whatever rock you came

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We should only have 3pts this season and have really only scored 1 goal, we should also have 5 goals against, 5 games ago we lost 6-1 to stoke, our last game we lose 3-0 at home and you dont understand why people are angry?? Do us a favour and crawl back under whatever rock you came

Cool your jets eh?

Brief highlights package Germany 2 - 3 England (Ojo and Rossiter for Liverpool)

Ojo really does look ENORMOUS as well as rapid. If he can have a good season on loan with Wolves I see no reason why he couldn't be part of the squad next year.

I like that he's ditched the stupid hairdo, looks like he's concentrating on only football (and I know it's only a cosmetic thing).

What a pass by Rossiter on 40 seconds. At that level with a bit of space, he looks top drawer. Always so calm, always talking to players around him.
    Get some growth hormones into him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's only a matter of time till we start hearing ..

Brendan Rodgers teams always have a good second half to the season lets give him till next summer.

Dickerty wrote: »
    I like that he's ditched the stupid hairdo, looks like he's concentrating on only football (and I know it's only a cosmetic thing).

Never overlook the importance of a barnet. When Lucas chopped off his girly locks he became a better player. Well it might have been purely co-incidental but I think a haircut indicates intent. Like buying a suit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Hes had 4 seasons??

this is what happens, someone "popular" amongst the anti rodgers crowd makes a mistake and it gets reposted again and again.

he has had 3 seasons and a handful of games in his fourth season. He probably needs a 4th place of a very good effort at it to keep the job.

Never overlook the importance of a barnet. When Lucas chopped off his girly locks he became a better player. Well it might have been purely co-incidental but I think a haircut indicates intent. Like buying a suit! :)

Well I got a haircut today, in preparation for my new job next week (same company) - so maybe there is something in that!

Disclosure: I get my hair cut every month as it is...:rolleyes:

this is what happens, someone "popular" amongst the anti rodgers crowd makes a mistake and it gets reposted again and again.

he has had 3 seasons and a handful of games in his fourth season. He probably needs a 4th place of a very good effort at it to keep the job.

I think it's 4th place or nothing. Has spent the money, was allowed to ship out players he didn't want to use, etc.
    I am more positive about him than most (I believe the players carry as much responsibility as him), but this has to be his last chance to prove himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Well I got a haircut today, in preparation for my new job next week (same company) - so maybe there is something in that!

Disclosure: I get my hair cut every month as it is...:rolleyes:
    Hair.

It's very overrated, tbh.

:o

• Advertisement

I'm getting to that point myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get so angry. Rodgers has actually done a decent job. I know Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but we're not entitled to win the league or qualify for the Champions League.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there who could do a better job than Rodgers, but you'd swear he was doing a Hodgson and having us down near the relegation zone.

Biggest issue I have is that he came in with all this fanfare (mainly from himself) bout his philosophy and putting in a structure throughout the club from top to bottom which would ensure a consistent style across all teams and allow the removal of parts without disrupting the whole.

In 3 years he can't even manage consistency in the team he manages, and the closest he has got is the continuation of the sh*te from last season carrying over to this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Charming.

I think it's 4th place or nothing. Has spent the money, was allowed to ship out players he didn't want to use, etc.
    I am more positive about him than most (I believe the players carry as much responsibility as him), but this has to be his last chance to prove himself.

thats fair enough i reckon, a mid season change is never a good idea, you are throwing away the season basically.

he will get the year anyway, so i would hope that fans will respect that and get behind the manager. Negativity wont help anyone

Hair.
    It's very overrated, tbh.
    :o

My debs date (a trainee hairdresser) told me I would probably go bald based on my hairline. That was in 1990. Hair is basically the exact same, with some greying!

But then, she was an Italian crazy woman! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How the **** would you have hair left following Liverpool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal all have better sides, are wealthier, and are a stronger draw for players. By right, Liverpool should finish fifth, any higher and the manager has exceeded expectations, any lower and he has failed to meet expectations.

Personally I'd keep Rodgers once we finish at least fifth, as I'd judge that as a par, unless there is someone better available to take over. If Klopp were willing, I'd sack Rodgers in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No chance. FSG are mature business people who won't be panicked into making a knee jerk panic decision. Unless we are flirting with relegation or there is a total breakdown between BR and the squad he'll be given the full season to shape the team and implement his strategy. If in doing that he secures CL football or gives it a good crack and just comes up short but shows clear signs of improvement from last year then he'll be retained for the 2016/2017 season also.

FSG know that fans always think the manager on the green grass far away will always get more out of the available players than the current manager but thankfully they also know that watering, fertilising and refreshing the current manager is often the better option and that's what they've done with the back room changes and player acquisitions. It's over to BR now for the remainder of the season.

As somebody who'd defend Rodgers and believes any Liverpool manager needs time, -Hodgson, it is very conceivable he'd be gone by Xmas. We need to be getting out of the Europa group and in contention for 4th, a repeat of the first half of last season would bring big questions for him to answer considering the backing he has got financially the last 2 Summers.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Yet was labelled a tactical genius by many season before last, and again last season when we were 11/12 games unbeaten after going 3 at the back.

A lot of people attack his personality, so even when successful, they will say it's all down to something other than him. That's the lot of a manager.

We should be worried about the performances in the here and now which in essence are a continuation of how last season finished. How anyone is not concerned by this is also concerning.

• Advertisement

Alonso77 wrote: »
    We should be worried about the performances in the here and now which in essence are a continuation of how last season finished. How anyone is not concerned by this is also concerning.

Concerning = the hyperbole and over reaction to a bad home loss.

Personally I'll be keeping my toys in the pram until after Christmas, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

thats fair enough i reckon, a mid season change is never a good idea, you are throwing away the season basically.

he will get the year anyway, so i would hope that fans will respect that and get behind the manager. Negativity wont help anyone

Even as someone who was supportive, although increasingly cautiously so, of Rodgers until the last few weeks, I don't think this is necessarily so. If he's still underwhelming us come mid/late November, and FSG have a replacement lined up, I think there's a lot to be said for getting him in before Xmas and back him with a signing or two in January, with a view to saving the season and giving the new guy plenty of time to get his head around what to do next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So last season was amazing to you?

It's not one match or one loss it's the continuation of the same form we had last season into this one.

Continuing that form into this season is very concerning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Concering, for the people behind Rodgers would probably be the way a lot of people who have lost faith still in him have their toys firmly in the pram.

You can see the difference between the "final straw" reactions to the knee jerkers.

Ibe and Gomez played a full game as England U21s beat Norway away 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Can set up Muller's second tonight.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Can set up Muller's second tonight.

He also has the assist for the assist for the assist for Gundogans goal (ie he started the move! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I haven't had a mancrush this big since Torres signed.

Emre Can is some talent.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Emre Can is some talent.

Ah now, calm down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Emre Can is some talent.

Cansome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

He reminds me of Biscan

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    He reminds me of Biscan

;)

oooh+matron.jpg

He reminds me of Biscan

They share three letters in their surname. There, all similarities end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A bad loss would be 1/2-0.....3-0 is borderline disgraceful at Anfield......

I think a lot of people are taking the long term view in BR. Has BR made us a better team than when he took over? I would say we've a better squad but not a better first 11. I have serious doubts that he can bring us further than he already has.

He hasn't shown as much as Biscan did for us so far

rarnes1 wrote: »

True

True

Biscan had a great song too. Still sang the odd time :pac:

Biscan had a great song too. Still sang the odd time :pac:

There's a biscan at our club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Emre isint going too bad at this stage of his career tbf, lining out for the world champions tonight it could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

I honestly think a midfield trio of Henderson, Can & Milner should be our first choice selection. Let Firmino, Coutinho play off Benteke thenn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

klose wrote: »
    Emre isint going too bad at this stage of his career tbf, lining out for the world champions tonight it could be worse.

Where did he play? :) imagine if BR picked that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

mosstin wrote: »
    They share three letters in their surname. There, all similarities end.

Igor was unreal in the 2005 Champs League. Without him we wouldn't have got out of the group.

There's a biscan at our club?

Classic chant!
    klose wrote: »

Good for him, maybe he'll have a decent game for us soon.

Saying that,current manager isnt helping him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

T-K-O wrote: »
    Where did he play? :) imagine if BR picked that team.

They wouldn't have gotten 3 goals.

Igor was unreal in the 2005 Champs League. Without him we wouldn't have got out of the group.

That still doesn't make them similar players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Seeing as we all love combined XI's

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Can't argue with much of that, although I'd have Clyne over Darmian and maybe Henderson instead of Carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fcuk Owen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

x43r0 wrote: »
    Can't argue with much of that, although I'd have Clyne over Darmian and maybe Henderson instead of Carrick

Schneiderlin should be ahead of Hendo or Carrick, I think he's 2nd only to Matic in the league.

Other than that no complaints, both right backs have started well for their new clubs so a toss up there, rest is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Emre can has done jack **** since he signed, i dont get the love in for him tbh, and i wouldnt exactly say he set up muller for his 2nd last night cos it was a crap shot that the keeper saved and came out to muller, what good atributes does he have i honestly cant think of any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Emre can has done jack **** since he signed, i dont get the love in for him tbh, and i wouldnt exactly say he set up muller for his 2nd last night cos it was a crap shot that the keeper saved and came out to muller, what good atributes does he have i honestly cant think of any

Hair

• Advertisement

Shamrock55 you'll probably explode if Liverpool win on Saturday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement