Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's hilarious, the perfect bad guy "heel" character. I'm pretty sure it's all pantomime with him.

I wouldn't think Gerrard's lawyer will see it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I thanked a post in the humour thread earlier that just read Elhadj Diouf.

I'm only now finding out why he got a mention.

He's such a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

___________Mingy________

Cylne__Skittles___Sack____Mez

____Milly________Lucas____

_________Cunti__________

___Stewy______Firmy____

______Ben Techno_____

Kill em that way .

A visit to an STI clinic is needed I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just watching the United game...... It's amazing how ordinary martial looks when he hasn't Skertl falling over himself trying to get out of the way. United all at sea with schinstieger looking like a busted flush.

Makes ya realise how poor Liverpool are at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Has it really been a year since the historic win over ludogorets??

/historic in the sense it was the only win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

___________Mingy________

Cylne__Skittles___Sack____Mez

____Milly________Lucas____

_________Cunti__________

___Stewy______Firmy____

______Ben Techno_____

Kill em that way .

...for the life of me I can't figure out who Stewy is...

A new manager might have to finish in the top 3 next season to get a CL place.

If the English teams don't do well in Europe this season they will lose a CL place.

Doesnt say much for us losing to that Utd team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Clyne getting abuse on twitter for tweeting support to Luke Shaw. Some mongs on that thing, the lad broke his leg ffs.

rob316 wrote: »
    Clyne getting abuse on twitter for tweeting supporting to Luke Shaw. Some mongs on that thing, the lad broke his leg ffs.

It's Twitter.

People go on that and aim abuse at kids with disabilities ffs. It's full of clowns.

Wouldn't take it serious.

If I was a football manager I'd be a nazi about not letting players have social media accounts. No need for it. People only use it for likes and backslaps anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In many ways our slide into mediocrity was a tamer, less cruel scenario than others. "Daddy's gone and he's not coming home. Start getting used to the taste of frozen chips for breakfast".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rarnes1 wrote: »

Helps when PSV haven't a total spoofer in charge.

A new manager might have to finish in the top 3 next season to get a CL place.

If the English teams don't do well in Europe this season they will lose a CL place.

We'll be in the Championship by then. Won't have to worry about it.

I'm joking.....I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Just shows how dumb it was to go for an unambitious draw at OT when the whole world could see UTD were there for the taking. Terrible managerial decisions acummulating over last 12 months. really bad bad stuff

I'm joking.....I think.

Liverpool v Chelsea in next seasons play off final.

What a time to be alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's unlikely England will lose the 4th CL spot this year. Italy only have 2 teams in the CL for starters and have already had one team knocked out of Europe.

The season after that however - there's a real danger it could be lost then.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Just shows how dumb it was to go for an unambitious draw at OT when the whole world could see UTD were there for the taking. Terrible managerial decisions acummulating over last 12 months. really bad bad stuff

The only good managerial decision Rodgers every made was to tell all the players to give the ball to Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm joking.....I think.

It's unlikely England will lose the 4th CL spot this year. Italy only have 2 teams in the CL for starters and have already had one team knocked out of Europe.

The season after that however - there's a real danger it could be lost then.

Yeah it would kick in for the 17/18 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

__________Mignolet________

_______Skrtel___Sakho____
    Clyne__________________Gomez

____Milner________Lucas____

_________Couthino__________

___Sturidge______Firmino____

________Ben Techno_____

Everyone should know who they are now. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Rumours on Twitter that Benteke isn't travelling and Sahko and Moreno are going to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/brendan-rodgers-and-the-death-of-death-by-football/

''Out of desperation, and possibly self preservation, he has veered so far from his own philosophy and lost sight of why we all bought into. An accusation often levelled at Rodgers in the past was that he was arrogant, but the brand of football in his season of success was built on the self confidence he had in his own values''

brevity wrote: »
    Rumours on Twitter that Benteke isn't travelling and Sahko and Moreno are going to start.

Is Benteke injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Is Benteke injured?

Not sure, not seeing anything that says he is...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was sure we were at home on Thursday. I think I read the fixtures wrong and got dazzled by the 4 home games immediately after this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Looks like BR is prioritizing PL
    Boss Brendan Rodgers does not want to risk injury to £32million summer buy Benteke as he bids to end Liverpool's Premier League slump and instead will include Divock Origi in the squad he takes to France.

How true it is i dont know

The Mirror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ings and Origi should be starting this game anyway.

Boggers
    Clyne-Skytel-Sakho-Moreno
    Can---Rossiter
    Milner
    <-Coutinho-> free role
    Origi----Ings

5starpool wrote: »
    I was sure we were at home on Thursday. I think I read the fixtures wrong and got dazzled by the 4 home games immediately after this one.

I think we 5 home games following Europa games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The only good managerial decision Rodgers every made was to tell all the players to give the ball to Suarez.

I agree and because of those innovative tactics we nearly won the league, fair play to Brendan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I agree and because of those innovative tactics we nearly won the league, fair play to Brendan.

If he was able to organize a defence we would have won the league no problem.

If he was able to organize a defence we would have won the league no problem.

How could he organise the defence when he was focused on telling players to pass to Suarez? If for a minute he tried to talk about defence the magic would have been lost. He done right to stick to that tactic, nearly won us a league.

How could he organise the defence when he was focused on telling players to pass to Suarez? If for a minute he tried to talk about defence the magic would have been lost. He done right to stick to that tactic, nearly won us a league.

Cringe!

who cares about nearly? this is Liverpool FC, every Liverpool title winning team had a solid defence and until we get a manager who can organise and marshall a watertight backline we are nowhere near winning one again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benteke had a thigh strain it's the type of thing you would keep aggravating makes sense for him not to travel.

Cringe!

who cares about nearly? this is Liverpool FC, every Liverpool title winning team had a solid defence and until we get a manager who can organise and marshall a watertight backline we are nowhere near winning one again

Cringe all you like my good man, it's been over 25 years I'm sure you know that, the 'this is Liverpool we should be doing this that or the other' mantra is wearing a bit thin at this stage, let's be realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Brave or foolish from Rodgers? I agree with the fringe players needing games but given the pressure he is under and one of the biggest sticks used to beat him is his European record, I'm surprised if he leaving Benteke at home. If this European game doesn't go well the knifes will be out in all directions.

• Advertisement

Cringe all you like my good man, it's been over 25 years I'm sure you know that, the 'this is Liverpool we should be doing this that or the other' mantra is wearing a bit thin at this stage, let's be realistic.

With a username such as yours i can see where you coming from -accept mediocrity, forget proud traditions and tow the line. Nice. very nice

I agree with this. I would have no problem **** all over a league win, with this tactic, if it worked. However, I'd like to know what Rodgers' plan is without Suarez. The club must push on without Luis, and if Rodgers has played his only card, it must push on without him too.

Brave or foolish from Rodgers? I agree with the fringe players needing games but given the pressure he is under and one of the biggest sticks used to beat him is his European record, I'm surprised if he leaving Benteke at home. If this European game doesn't go well the knifes will be out in all directions.

Picture of said sticks used to beat Rodgers!

002-copy.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think we 5 home games following Europa games.

What I meant is that our next 4 games after Bordeaux are at home.

Norwich
    Carlisle
    Villa
    Sion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Grayditch wrote: »
    I agree with this. I would have no problem **** all over a league win, with this tactic, if it worked. However, I'd like to know what Rodgers' plan is without Suarez. The club must push on without Luis, and if Rodgers has played his only card, it must push on without him too.

Ha Ha that's not a tactic, pass the ball to Luis and let him do his stuff. It's like Pele giving the team talk in Escape to Victory 'pass me the ball, I do this, this this this this, goal'.

• Advertisement

With a username such as yours i can see where you coming from -accept mediocrity, forget proud traditions and tow the line. Nice. very nice

Now you made me cringe, let's call it a draw and move on ;)

Ha Ha that's not a tactic, pass the ball to Luis and let him do his stuff. It's like Pele giving the team talk in Escape to Victory 'pass me the ball, I do this, this this this this, goal'.

It was a little more intricate than that, come on man give Rodgers something, just a morsel of credit, dig deep, you know you can do it.

Now you made me cringe, let's call it a draw and move on ;)

fair enough, you are what you are. Lets be realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Cringe!

For the first time in over 20 years there was an EPL trophy at Anfield on the last day of the season. At that point it would have been miraculous for City to explode but you should get the point.

"Nearly" matters a great deal for a team who hasn't won a league in a long time. Not sure where the cringe comment is coming from. Sure we were nowhere near winning the league before BR came in either, and he got us closer than any LFC manager has in the EPL era without having a great defensive setup either, so your point about being nowhere near a league title without a watertight backline has already been proven wrong? Or have I missed your point?

I'm no tactician, but I can't figure out what Brendan has been doing since.

I've lost all confidence in BR at this point, he looks lost at the moment but the revision of history in here the past few months has been really head scratching. He had us playing the best attacking football I have ever seen us play, yes Suarez was a big part of that but BR also had a big part in it. Some would have you believe he was in his office googling articles about himself while Suarez took the training and tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't get why people like Gerrard do an autobiography at all. Seriously, have they not got enough money?He must have earned at least 75m over the course of his career, and that's probably conservative given the amount of endorsements and so on a player of his profile would have.

I can understand a bit more from those that probably earned less or in an era before the really stupid money came into play, but the high profile ones from modern times should be a bit more discreet about some things I reckon.

Funny thing about money is that you can NEVER have enough of it.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm no tactician, but I can't figure out what Brendan has been doing since.

Either can Brendan that's the problem no Suarez no idea.

NukaCola wrote: »
    For the first time in over 20 years there was an EPL trophy at Anfield on the last day of the season. At that point it would have been miraculous for City to explode but you should get the point.

"Nearly" matters a great deal for a team who hasn't won a league in a long time. Not sure where the cringe comment is coming from. Sure we were nowhere near winning the league before BR came in either, and he got us closer than any LFC manager has in the EPL era without having a great defensive setup either, so your point about being nowhere near a league title without a watertight backline has already been proven wrong? Or have I missed your point?

Yes you have missed my point, The point is we didnt win the league because of said leaky backline which Rodgers has consistently shown that he can not remedy. I was as exhilarated as anyone with the attacking play that season and gutted we lost out but lets be realistic, our failure to defend cost us the league that season. To defend Rodgers now by saying " but but but we nearly won the league 2 yrs ago!!" is cringe to me. sorry but thats how i feel my man

Yes you have missed my point, The point is we didnt win the league because of said leaky backline which Rodgers has consistently shown that he can not remedy. I was as exhilarated as anyone with the attacking play that season and gutted we lost out but lets be realistic, our failure to defend cost us the league that season. To defend Rodgers now by saying " but but but we nearly won the league 2 yrs ago!!" is cringe to me. sorry but thats i feel my man

You said we'll get nowhere near winning a league with a leaky backline. But we did. :confused: 2 points away. The closest we've ever been i the EPL. But now your changing your point.
    until we get a manager who can organise and marshall a watertight backline we are nowhere near winning one again

I dont think anyone was defending him by saying "but but but we nearly won the league 2 yrs ago!!" just that it was unfair to say his only tactic was to pass it to Suarez, which is more cringey to me than anything else. If someone honestly deep down thinks this is true then it is absolutely obvious they are clueless to how football works lets be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement