Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm extremely unsure upon what the confidence in Origi is based tbh.

It's the same with Martial in the United thread, kind of. It's just a different option that nobody has seen that much of, but what little they have seen is probably a highlights reel, or a reserves/U21 match that he's bossed, without realising the step up from reserves/21s is absolutely bleedin huge.

this is a guy who had a pretty bad time of it in France, by some accounts, but nobody gets into those "worse XIs" without at least some reasoning, I mean a player like James Milner is never going to be in anyone's "Best XI of the season", but nor is he going to be in anyone's "worse XI" either, so it takes something a bit noticeable to end up in a printed "worse XI" of the French league last season.

Now, he had a decent cameo in the WC, which seems to be taking precedence over whatever he did in France for a whole season in people's thinking on him.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Or else he see's that the team is playing poorly and is giving others a chance to show what they can do?

He mentioned that pre international break he wouldn't be rotating people if the team was winning/playing ok (something to that effect anyway), he than said after international break he would be playing/starting lads who hadn't played up to than.

On the international from Benteke isn't regarded as being too far ahead if ahead at all of Origi in the pecking order. Benteke has played all 5 games for us so far and will no doubt play on Sunday, starting Origi tomorrow makes sense imo.

Great if Sakho gets a start too, if he plays well he could get a few games, quite plausible that Lovren &/or Skrtel might be due a "rest" too, let's remember that Lovren didn't play large parts of last season and Sakho did so Rodgers isn't against playing Sakho imo.

I'm looking forward to watching the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Yea Im looking forward to it. Hopefully a few players will force their way into the 1st team or at least make others up their standards. Still early days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yea Im looking forward to it. Hopefully a few players will force their way into the 1st team or at least make others up their standards. Still early days
    Sterling made his breakthrough in the EL so hopefully one or two more will do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Reading about this on Reddit. Tweet has since been deleted, but apparently Henderson is up for surgery.
    Beyond proud for my dad coming this far as a doctor and being able to do surgery on @JHenderson #liverpool pic.twitter.com

Pretty sure, if true, this violates patient doctor confidentiality, but regardless, that's not good for Henderson, Liverpool, or Brendan Rodgers' immediate future.

Edit: James Pearce has said the following, actually.
    Jordan Henderson hasn't undergone surgery in the States. The #LFC captain has had a procedure involving a series of injections in his heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Some journalists saying he only had injections in his heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm extremely unsure upon what the confidence in Origi is based tbh.

I really rate Benteke but he is struggling on his own, I think Origi will have that bit of raw pace we are missing and commit a defender or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't been following the thread massively but I'm sure what I'm going to say has been said several times before.

I'm sick of this 4-3-3 we are trying to play. When Sturridge comes back, you would assume we will play with 2 strikers up front so we should be doing that now.

I don't care if it's Origi or Ings but they should be up partnering Benteke and play with a diamond in midfield, that can be narrow or wide depending on the opposition.

Playing the likes of Ings and Firmino (to a lesser extent) is a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/644111672735592449

Randall & Brannagan has joined Jordan Rossiter to make the trip to France. Dan Cleary is another believed to have made the trip. (Echo) #LFC

Anyone hoping for a good run in the EL is going to be let down IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

brevity wrote: »
    Anyone hoping for a good run in anything is going to be let down IMO.

;)

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/644111672735592449

Randall & Brannagan has joined Jordan Rossiter to make the trip to France. Dan Cleary is another believed to have made the trip. (Echo) #LFC

I don't think so, the premier league performances are alarming so they currently do take priority but their is a decent big squad at our disposal.

Whatever about the manager not been up to scratch, I'm largely happy with the squad, a couple need to step up though and be our next star player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Apparently Aspas only learned one word of English during his year-long spell with us :pac:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/liverpool-flop-iago-aspas-only-6446219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was that word outstanding or character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Over-rated?
    Why-always-me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My opinion his irrelevent. In his eyes these are back-up options so it says to me he isn't taking this game seriously by using them.

I don't think he's taking his job seriously let alone this game seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I hope if Sakho plays well he will be kept in the team. I know this is extremely unlikely as Skrtel & Lovren somehow seem to be undroppable. Its also very frustating we are following other English teams & resting first team players .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's the same with Martial in the United thread, kind of. It's just a different option that nobody has seen that much of, but what little they have seen is probably a highlights reel, or a reserves/U21 match that he's bossed, without realising the step up from reserves/21s is absolutely bleedin huge.

this is a guy who had a pretty bad time of it in France, by some accounts, but nobody gets into those "worse XIs" without at least some reasoning, I mean a player like James Milner is never going to be in anyone's "Best XI of the season", but nor is he going to be in anyone's "worse XI" either, so it takes something a bit noticeable to end up in a printed "worse XI" of the French league last season.

Now, he had a decent cameo in the WC, which seems to be taking precedence over whatever he did in France for a whole season in people's thinking on him.

Yep. I don't remember any real explanation for that being posted here by those who follow the loanees closely. Surely a huge red flag would be my thinking.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Making swingeing changes to the first XI won't likely introduce more cohesion and fluidity when it's a group of players who have played little or nothing this season and not together. The first team is playing crap anyhow so it probably can't be much worse, but if we lose it'll clearly be another stick to beat him with.

• Advertisement

Good to see Rodgers is abandoning any thoughts of European progress to focus on Premier League points. Staying in the top flight has to be the priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NukaCola wrote: »
    I've lost all confidence in BR at this point, he looks lost at the moment but the revision of history in here the past few months has been really head scratching. He had us playing the best attacking football I have ever seen us play, yes Suarez was a big part of that but BR also had a big part in it. Some would have you believe he was in his office googling articles about himself while Suarez took the training and tactics.

Fraud, charlatan etc

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

5starpool wrote: »
    Making swingeing changes to the first XI won't likely introduce more cohesion and fluidity when it's a group of players who have played little or nothing this season and not together. The first team is playing crap anyhow so it probably can't be much worse, but if we lose it'll clearly be another stick to beat him with.
    And if we win, it too will be another stick to beat him with that his 'reserve' players being shown to be better than his starting players.

It's tough being the boss.

And if we win, it too will be another stick to beat him with that his 'reserve' players being shown to be better than his starting players.

It's tough being the boss.

I want him to take this as serious as if it were the CL. If he made 2/3 changes to address some recent shortcomings but was clearly fielding a strong side he'd at least be doing that. He amy still do it, but making 7+ changes helps little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

His haplessness in Europe thus far is a very serious concern with his reign. It would behove him to perform well in the EL this season imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yep. I don't remember any real explanation for that being posted here by those who follow the loanees closely. Surely a huge red flag would be my thinking.

He was played out on the left wing for most of the season on maybe the most dour defensive team in the league. I actually think that was mentioned numerous times on here.

I believe his stats were almost identical to Martial's despite playing in a much worse side that primarily wanted to defend. For what it's worth.

Doesn't matter much now anyway. Depends on how he does here when he gets a chance.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I want him to take this as serious as if it were the CL. If he made 2/3 changes to address some recent shortcomings but was clearly fielding a strong side he'd at least be doing that. He amy still do it, but making 7+ changes helps little.
    It will help if we win and forces him to play the better players.

I never thought I would see the day that a Liverpool manager plays inferior players just to make a point about how brilliant he is.

For me anyway, every match that Nervol plays is another nail in Rodgers career coffin which he is hammering in himself

Just play the best team available, no matter who has bought them, for pitys sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Good article, agree wholeheartedly with the points raised.

I'm genuinely pissed off Markovic was loaned out. He looks to me like he will be a class player. Why not keep him and have competition between him and Ibe for RWF/ RW? FFS!

What will he learn at Fenerbache?

Edit:
    There is a poll at the end of the article 'should Rodgers be sacked?'... 90% have said yes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Good article, agree wholeheartedly with the points raised.

I'm genuinely pissed off Markovic was loaned out. He looks to me like he will be a class player. Why not keep him and have competition between him and Ibe for RWF/ RW? FFS!

What will he learn at Fenerbache?

Markovic would probably have played at United had he been kept. Not to mention the Europa and League Cup games. He wouldn't have played every week but he would have gotten games.

Then again the way Rodgers is putting players in odd positions on the field who knows?

I wouldn't be against Rossiter starting or coming on for 2nd half, with Henderson & Allen injured I don't think Lucas, Can & Milner playing 3 games/week is an option, someone needs to come in for lots of minutes, if it's Rossiter tomorrow and in the cup next week so be it.

Cleary, Randall & Brannagan are travelling for the experience I reckon, I would be surprised if one of them got over 15 minutes on the pitch even if we were winning by two clear goals or so ( :eek: imagine us winning ).

If they are impressing at training though getting them travelling with the first team squad makes sense, one or two light sessions pre match etc, get them accustomed to first team.

Then again the way Rodgers is putting players in odd positions on the field who knows?

Either he isn't sure how to use them the best way or it's some passive aggressive protest against the transfer committee.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be against Rossiter starting or coming on for 2nd half, with Henderson & Allen injured I don't think Lucas, Can & Milner playing 3 games/week is an option, someone needs to come in for lots of minutes, if it's Rossiter tomorrow and in the cup next week so be it.

Cleary, Randall & Brannagan are travelling for the experience I reckon, I would be surprised if one of them got over 15 minutes on the pitch even if we were winning by two clear goals or so ( :eek: imagine us winning ).

If they are impressing at training though getting them travelling with the first team squad makes sense, one or two light sessions pre match etc, get them accustomed to first team.

I'm OK with Rossiter as we are down a player in midfield but I think we should travel with a full strength squad.

After 2 losses on the trot, a way to put those behind us would be a strong performance and win by a couple of goals.

If he doesn't get this right, Anfield will start to get fairly frosty towards him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

It will help if we win and forces him to play the better players.

I never thought I would see the day that a Liverpool manager plays inferior players just to make a point about how brilliant he is.

For me anyway, every match that Nervol plays is another nail in Rodgers career coffin which he is hammering in himself

Just play the best team available, no matter who has bought them, for pitys sake!

We still pretending that's the issue?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm OK with Rossiter as we are down a player in midfield but I think we should travel with a full strength squad.

After 2 losses on the trot, a way to put those behind us would be a strong performance and win by a couple of goals.

If he doesn't get this right, Anfield will start to get fairly frosty towards him.

I prefer that he's not travelling with 'a full strength squad' (or what he would consider to be full strength.

I want all the players on the fringes to get a fcking OPPORTUNITY(!!!!) to show something. Put a fckin question in Rodgers mind for when he's picking teams in the coming weeks.

I want Moreno, Sakho, Origi, Ings, Ibe and Firmino etc. to all play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Randall & Brannagan sounds like either a fancy Dublin law firm or a hipster organic grocers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Randall & Brannagan sounds like either a fancy Dublin law firm or a hipster organic grocers.

Or bespoke artisan crisps that would cost €5.99 per bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Or bespoke artisan crisps that would cost €5.99 per bag

Jaysus I miss those bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Good to see Rodgers is abandoning any thoughts of European progress to focus on Premier League points. Staying in the top flight has to be the priority.

By leaving Lovren and Skrtel at home, I reckon he is going all out to win the EL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I presume Teixeira has travelled and is the running for a start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I presume Teixeira has travelled and is the running for a start?

A start - I don't think so. He needs to give starts to Coutinho, Origi and Ibe before looking further down the list. Teixeira is best when acting as playmaker, this game would be a bridge too far for him IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dickerty wrote: »
    A start - I don't think so. He needs to give starts to Coutinho, Origi and Ibe before looking further down the list. Teixeira is best when acting as playmaker, this game would be a bridge too far for him IMO.

I didnt think he was even in the squad?

Texeira wasn't registered to play in the EL at all and is too old to not need to be named. I've no idea why he is still at the club even.

Dickerty wrote: »

We have all sorts of problems in midfield without Henderson that some kind of solutions need to be found. At his age I don't know what he is doing in the squad if we can't trust him in a game like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's not just Markovic, Rodgers doesn't seem to like wingers in general look back to when he first came he used Downing as a wingback fullback he never used Assaidi Sterling was used more as a striker wingback & 10 than as a winger Ibe is used as a wingback Moses was given a couple of minutes at the end of games usually when we were chasing them.

The players Rodgers has played out wide are players who should be played centrally and are not natural wingers.

I've just been chuckling away to myself thinking about how all of Rodgers rejects, loans and guys just frozen out would get on against the first eleven Rodgers picks. I think a first eleven with the likes of Ilori, Sakho, Balo, Moreno, Markovic would give them a good run for their money. Liverpool football club should organise this death match to decide if he stays or goes.

Looks like Sakho won't be playing in the league unless Lovren or Skrtel are injured or suspended.
    Boss Brendan Rodgers has decided to rest Christian Benteke, James Milner, Lucas Leiva, Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Martin Skrtel with one eye on Sunday’s Premier League clash with Norwich City at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-team-news-philippe-10067984

If he goes with 433 I see something like this starting.

Bogdan

Gomez--Toure--Sakho--Moreno

----Can---Coutinho---Rossiter--

---Ings
    Firmino
    Origi---

Who do ye reckon will start alongside Sakho tomorrow? With Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Martin Skrtel rested presumably Gomez will be either CB or LB?

Who are the other two coming in? Is Enrique EL registered? Toure?

lol, forgot about Moreno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Who do ye reckon will start alongside Sakho tomorrow?

Daniel Cleary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Who do ye reckon will start alongside Sakho tomorrow? With Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Martin Skrtel rested presumably Gomez will be either CB or LB?

Who are the other two coming in? Is Enrique EL registered? Toure?

lol, forgot about Moreno

Gomez toure sakho moreno will probably be the back 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement