Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just a thought maybe BR isn't as hapless in Europe as most think, could just be unlucky timing, all English teams are doing shyte at the moment in Europe, the standard of English teams in general is poor. City who look so good in England at times can barely get out of a group, Chelsea under Mourinho last year got schooled by 10 men of PSG, United this year already getting turned over by PSV after taking their best player off them in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Just a thought maybe BR isn't as hapless in Europe as most think, could just be unlucky timing, all English teams are doing shyte at the moment in Europe, the standard of English teams in general is poor. City who look so good in England at times can barely get out of a group, Chelsea under Mourinho last year got schooled by 10 men of PSG, United this year already getting turned over by PSV after taking their best player off them in the summer.

Oh ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe he's doing sh*te in the PL because other managers/teams are doing sh*te?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Lovren rested? RESTED?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

27daf3d76d433de2b5c605dc0e25dedd.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Milkers wrote: »
    Lovren rested? RESTED?

Should be arrested for impersonating a footballer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wish he'd concentrate on finding his best 11 and a way of utilising them. While we're not playing great at the moment, I don't think so many changes will help in finding form.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Oh ****
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Maybe he's doing sh*te in the PL because other managers/teams are doing sh*te?
    27daf3d76d433de2b5c605dc0e25dedd.gif

Thanks for that lads, all very constructive. It was just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's a manager. He should win football matches, or he's not doing his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Milkers wrote: »
    Lovren rested? RESTED?

Yeah, we know what he can do ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

It's not a terrible point but its another excuse...Rodgers needs to start performing. No more excuses. He's had the support from the owners, he has his players, no more games with the TC...make it work.

While I'm currently scraping the barrel for a way to show we're not that shyte or BR isn't that bad I thought I'd also mention about the United game that barely a peep has been mentioned about the injuries and suspension, Hendo, Coutinho and Sturridge could probably be mentioned as our 3 best players, while Lallana & Allen would have been an addition to the squad at least, whereas United were missing Rooney who has played shyte this season, yeah we were definitely a bit unlucky in that regard.

Calm down lads ok, I know everything is not great , I'm just trying to slightly justify some of it, there is still many many things wrong, manager obviously at the fore front.

brevity wrote: »
    It's not a terrible point but its another excuse...Rodgers needs to start performing. No more excuses. He's had the support from the owners, he has his players, no more games with the TC...make it work.

Being told 'it's not terrible' would be definitely considered a success for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Karl-Heinz Riedle turned 50 today!

Karl-Heinz-Riedle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Other teams don't really have anything to do with us. Them being bad doesn't excuse us being bad. and we've been ****ing horrific in Europe under Rodgers. Like, really consistently embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/644207235606966272

Rodgers: "There is long way to go. Players are still settling in. There’s been a big transformation."

He cannot keep saying this and expecting people to buy it. There is always this excuse of players settling in, they might settle easier if they are played in the correct position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/644207235606966272

Rodgers: "There is long way to go. Players are still settling in. There’s been a big transformation."

He cannot keep saying this and expecting people to buy it. There is always this excuse of players settling in, they might settle easier if they are played in the correct position.

It's incredible how anyone could swallow his ****e to be honest. This is what Rodgers was saying last Jan;
    Rodgers wrote:
    “The reality was, with so many changes, we were not going to win the league this season. I believe we will be ready to challenge for the title next year”

And now he is still blaming new players :rolleyes:

The fella is an absolute fraud

James Pearce

Rodgers reinforces his point
    My vision of the game and the model of how I work is pretty clear really.
    If we don't play well, we have less chance of winning
    We have seen in last few performances, when we don’t play well it gives us far less chance of winning.
    You can lose games, but it’s how you lose them. The last couple of defeats is not how you want to lose a game of football.
    "The pressure is always here, it’s part and parcel of being the manager at such a huge club.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-news-transfer-rumours-10061411

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

You can't expect us to score goals with a useless striker like Balotelli. We have no other striking options. A decent striker will transform the squad and our attack. We just need people who can put the ball in the back of the net. You wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You can lose games, but it’s how you lose them. The last couple of defeats is not how you want to lose a game of football.

Super, I'm really looking forward to seeing us lose better.

{head in hands}

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We haven't played well in more than the very occasional game in over a year.

Linda tweeting about the hurling in Fenway.

She won't get a clean sheet in that game.

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/643836977016664064

Im interested in seeing this Zahavi guy thats in the lineup to face chelsea. He's got some scoring record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

While I'm currently scraping the barrel for a way to show we're not that shyte or BR isn't that bad I thought I'd also mention about the United game that barely a peep has been mentioned about the injuries and suspension, Hendo, Coutinho and Sturridge could probably be mentioned as our 3 best players, while Lallana & Allen would have been an addition to the squad at least, whereas United were missing Rooney who has played shyte this season, yeah we were definitely a bit unlucky in that regard.

Calm down lads ok, I know everything is not great , I'm just trying to slightly justify some of it, there is still many many things wrong, manager obviously at the fore front.

Yes we were missing some of our best players but the whole thing was a shambles and it would have still been a shambles if any of those players started against United. Why couldn't he just play a diamond or flat 442 and get the players fired up for such a big match? Football is a simple game but frauds like Rodgers like to over complicate it with mad tactics and talking complete shyte. Just keep it simple, play the players in their right positions and motivate them, if they don't give 100% then drop them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

To be fair enough money has been spent on the squad to be able to shoulder the loss of those 3. We didn't even try to beat united that is the issue, the tactics and formations were baffling.

After the anger from Saturday has dissipated I'm still struggling to justify any reason for Rodgers to continue.

The games coming up are on paper very winnable so he will survive the next month however another drubbing against Everton away and he is finished imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gerrard doing punditry for BT, might shoehorn in some of his thoughts about the club, or read a chapter from The Winds of Winter his book.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gerrard doing punditry for BT, might shoehorn in some of his thoughts about the club, or read a chapter from The Winds of Winter his book.

They had the banter last night Gary, Rio and "Gerrard" about Rafa not liking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Former Liverpool youngster Armin Hodzic surprisingly only on bench tonight for Zagreb against Arsenal tonight.

Liverpool eventually let him go after 2 seasons away on loan, his contract ran out and couldn't get a work permit. He has started his Dinamo Zagreb career brilliantly.

Definitely one to watch, he is destined for big things

• Advertisement

They had the banter last night Gary, Rio and "Gerrard" about Rafa not liking him.

On this "he only called me by my last name thing"...i can clearly remember him very regularly calling him Stebie in public anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

"If we don't play well, we have less chance of winning."

My God, I hate that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Bordeaux aren't to be taken likely, I'm not at all confident tbh.

They came back from a goal behind with ten men to draw away to PSG last Friday, PSG's first dropped points of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

"If we don't play well, we have less chance of winning."

My God, I hate that fella.

If anyone watched Apres Match of the Day Monday night, that's the type of expert quote the 2 studio 'analysts' regularly made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bordeaux aren't to be taken likely, I'm not at all confident tbh.

They came back from a goal behind with ten men to draw away to PSG last Friday, PSG's first dropped points of the season.

Is anyone saying the opposite...?

When was the last tgime we played well over 90 minutes? Bot brilliant or good - just... well.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Anyone know anything about this fella?

Liverpool pulled out of a deal to sign 22-year-old midfielder Mario Lemina, according to reports.

Brendan Rodgers was interested in the Gabonese player as a replacement for Lucas Leiva, who was expected to leave but ended up staying at Anfield.

Lemina ended up joining Juventus on loan on transfer deadline day, with the Serie A champions given an option to buy at the end of the season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfer-rumours-reds-6090604

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Tony Evans is saying FSG are now open to selling the club. "Something has changed."

Not sure what that means....FFP being dead in the water maybe?

Anyway it's Tony Evans so pinch of salt and all that.

The club is a much better proposition these days than the last time we were for sale. Much more revenue and a bigger stadium incoming.

Probably doubled the price of the club I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thanks for that lads, all very constructive. It was just a thought.

But seriously, you are taking the piss?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The club is a much better proposition these days than the last time we were for sale. Much more revenue and a bigger stadium incoming.

Let's go halves!

But seriously, you are taking the piss?

Nope, it was just an observation, Arsenal getting turned over by Dinamo Zagreb tonight was another example of English teams in general being very poor in Europe not just Liverpool.

Back in the day (2005-2009) English teams had 3 of 4 semi finalists, now I don't think any of them have a sniff of winning the CL, Bayern, Barca and Real are millions of miles ahead, times have changed unfortunately, hopefully it will swing back the other way soon.

So anyway, no I wasn't taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't think so, the premier league performances are alarming so they currently do take priority but their is a decent big squad at our disposal.

Whatever about the manager not been up to scratch, I'm largely happy with the squad, a couple need to step up though and be our next star player.

Would have had a bigger squad if Marcovic had not have been allowed go on loan..so there's no excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

rarnes1 wrote: »

They'll probably end up sending Liverpool out on loan to an Oligarch and continue to pay half our wage bill .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tony Evans is saying FSG are now open to selling the club. "Something has changed."

Not sure what that means....FFP being dead in the water maybe?

Anyway it's Tony Evans so pinch of salt and all that.

Tony Evans word is not to be that much trusted, he got locked out of the loop a few years back. I'll wait until Bad News Barrett says something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

But even if they were selling who would they sell us to ?

ricero wrote: »
    But even if they were selling who would they sell us to ?

The way football has gone, you're basically looking at Bond villains.

corwill wrote: »
    The way football has gone, you're basically looking at Bond villains.

Oh! Hank Scorpio please!!

Hicks and Gillett
    Henry and Werner
    Nicknack and Goldfinger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Hicks and Gillett
    Henry and Werner
    Nicknack and Goldfinger

with Pussy Galore tweeting about her sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mada999 wrote: »
    Would have had a bigger squad if Marcovic had not have been allowed go on loan..so there's no excuses

Markovic is a dud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

8-10 wrote: »
    Markovic is a dud

Based on what? A fairly small sample of his senior appearances in which he was playing his first season, out of position in an under-performing team?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement