Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I would imagine more than anything Roister will start the game as Can cant really hold the midfield by himself yet.

I reckon it will be something like this for tonight.

Migs
    ---Gomez-Kolo-Sakho----
    Gomez----Ros
    Moreno
    Firmino--Cout

Ings
    Origi

I assume the otehr Gomez twin is fit? :D Why did you mean?

Yea I was unsure when I put down Can but all I meant is that we have a good deal of players that have frequently played together and they shouldnt have "gelling" as an excuse for under performing if that should happen.

Id like Firmino to step up tonight as he has had a few games to get use to the team and tactics and now he needs to start showing what he can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Subs; Bogdan, Lovren, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Ings

That bench of players cost £100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I would imagine more than anything Roister will start the game as Can cant really hold the midfield by himself yet.

I reckon it will be something like this for tonight.

Migs
    ---Gomez-Kolo-Sakho----
    Gomez----Ros
    Moreno
    Firmino--Cout

Ings
    Origi

Fair play to gomez. Some man for one man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Subs; Bogdan, Lovren, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Ings

That bench of players cost £100m.

I know its crazy what we have spent and on what, but its done now so no point worrying about their value. We should just focus on how best to use the "squad" and not try to fit the more expensive players into the team.

In fact People should stop this theory about Brendan not playing the "committee transfers". How many times did Sakho and Moreno play last year? Even when they made mistakes. But this year they arent playing so they are classed as "committee transfers".

Roll on 6 o clock ffs Im frustrated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mr.H wrote: »
    I know its crazy what we have spent and on what, but its done now so no point worrying about their value. We should just focus on how best to use the "squad" and not try to fit the more expensive players into the team.

In fact People should stop this theory about Brendan not playing the "committee transfers". How many times did Sakho and Moreno play last year? Even when they made mistakes. But this year they arent playing so they are classed as "committee transfers".

Roll on 6 o clock ffs Im frustrated :D

Agreed, there's too many wannabe accountants on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm looking forward to the match anyway, hope to see some players really push for a premier league starting spot. Europa League should be a good thing for a squad this size.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mr.H wrote: »
    I assume the otehr Gomez twin is fit? :D Why did you mean?

Yea I was unsure when I put down Can but all I meant is that we have a good deal of players that have frequently played together and they shouldnt have "gelling" as an excuse for under performing if that should happen.

Id like Firmino to step up tonight as he has had a few games to get use to the team and tactics and now he needs to start showing what he can do

I meant to put Can in the middle there, dam lack of sleep haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Fair play to gomez. Some man for one man.

Its starting to turn into the Carra era again where we will all dream of a dream of gomez's :D

Sturridge expected to make the bench for the Norwich game, Rodgers will have no choice but to play 2 strikers then. I'm praying he has put his injuries behind him with this corrective hip surgery, what a player we have if he can stay fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I didn't expect him to do it, but I really, really wanted two up top.

Maybe he is going for a defensive approach in the away tie and will commit a few more forward in the home games.

Or maybe he is picking the line-up out a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Looking forward to this now.
    Especially looking forward to seeing how Origi does, providing he starts that is.
    Really think he showed enough in the World Cup to provide us with some hope that he could be a major asset to us. May not have set the French League alight but the standard of the Lille team and their tactics I do believe hindered him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Doesn't say much for meh, if Origi is getting the nod.

FFS I wanted to see 2 up top.

The manager knows best he sees the players in training every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Wanted to see one of Can or Leonard Rossiter on the bench, play a diamond or some variety of 4-4-2 with origi and ings up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

The most worrying thing about that line up is Toure, Llori going was really shortsighted if this is what we are reduced to at the back.

Bench: Bogdan, Firmino, Ings, Brannagan, Randall, Cleary, Chirivella

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Toure has never left us down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Really like to see Chirivella get some minutes, serous talent that lad

Toure has never left us down

West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hope I'm wrong but it could be three at the back with Ibe and Moreno on the wings, that would be way too negative but the fear is so great now nothing would surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

At least we have a left footed player on the left. Very important moreno plays well today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

1. i've no idea why Ings is only on the bench.

2. i've no idea what Joe Gomez has done to deserve to be burned out so quickly. good Christ.

it'd be hilarious if Sakho single handedly got us a result tonight, then still got dropped at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

SlickRic wrote: »
    it'd be hilarious par for the course if Sakho single handedly got us a result tonight, then still got dropped at the weekend.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ings obv being rested for the Norwich game!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Obviously Origi's stellar scoring record in France last season is why he is getting the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ings obv being rested for the Norwich game!

No excuse, he's hardly featured this season so he should be starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

2. i've no idea what Joe Gomez has done to deserve to be burned out so quickly. good Christ.

Beyond being in danger of conceding goals three game in a row? Not a bad idea to take him out of the firing line.

Beyond being in danger of conceding goals three game in a row? Not a bad idea to take him out of the firing line.

it's quite silly that he hasn't been.

• Advertisement

You've lost me now - are you angry he is not playing or that he has started every game bar this?

You've lost me now - are you angry he is not playing or that he has started every game bar this?

he's starting tonight.

he's starting tonight.

:o Christ Rodgers has me more confused than he is! I was looking on the wrong flank!

A game against Norwich in the league is now considered a big game and players need to be rested for it.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A game against Norwich in the league is now considered a big game and players need to be rested for it.

:(

The team has been playing like shít, should be glad there have been changes made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

still playing like crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No more 3 at the back please

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In the last 18 games (not including tonight's no score so far) we have scored more than 1 goal on only 2 occasions. We've only scored more than 2 goals 1 time in 2015.

Disgraceful.

If we had a manager who actually knows what he's doing I think most of the players in the squad would be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I do wonder what FSG are waiting for.

• Advertisement

Rodgers relying on Coutinho wonder strikes to keep his job.

Why won't Ibe run infield with the ball? Origi needs to work the channels as being in the middle means he is so isolated.

Honestly I'd take Gary Monk at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

'The Rodgers' claim to fame is going to be making Coutinho good enough for Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Rodgers has that unique ability to turn decent players into awful ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

when was the last time we heard this much noise from an Anfield crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If we had a manager who actually knows what he's doing I think most of the players in the squad would be ok.

I'm in agreement. We still might not get to the CL with the sides ahead of us, but we'd certainly an improvement in the standard of the play. At the minute, it's all square pegs in round holes.
    mosstin wrote: »
    I do wonder what FSG are waiting for.

They just removed his backroom staff, spent €100m this summer - that was them saying 'forget last season, start again and get it right' as far as I can tell. For the fans, last season still hurts so we won't be giving him the same wiggle room but for FSG, it would be a bit silly to show a sign of faith in the man as they did and to then pull the trigger just 5 games into the new season.

I don't agree with them, but surely that's their thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ibe is regressing so much this season, lallana needs the game to slowed to a snails pace to be effective. Very frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement