Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I hope we start this centre back pairing against Norwich. I like the look of Sahko and Gomez at the back. I know it will never happen but it would be nice for Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Someone needs to be following up shots like that, just in case.

Nice save from Mig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On the pitch tonight at some point.

Rossiter 18
    Chirivella 18
    Gomez 18
    Ibe 19
    Origi 20
    Can 21
    Coutinho 23
    Moreno 23
    Ings 22
    Brannagan 19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Sakho isn't the first defender on the team sheet at the weekend there is something seriously wrong he has played himself straight into the first 11 after tonight's game.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Moreno has done ok tonight I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

5starpool wrote: »
    Moreno has done ok tonight I think.

He'll face tougher tests in both his defence and offensive game this season, but I would much rather see him in the team than Gomez atm.

Ibe is looking worse every time I see him. Nowhere near ready for the role he has in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

If Lovren starts ahead of Sakho at the weekend we riot.

Yes its great saying we've lots of young talent and our average age at one point was 5.5 years old. But we should be taking the EL more seriously.
    Could/should have won this after going ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If Sakho isn't the first defender on the team sheet at the weekend there is something seriously wrong he has played himself straight into the first 11 after tonight's game.

He hasn't.
    He should.
    But he hasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's going to be the same formation on Sunday I reckon 3421 Clyne and moreno wingback 's coutinho and firmino in behind Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

mormank wrote: »
    I hope we start this centre back pairing against Norwich. I like the look of Sahko and Gomez at the back. I know it will never happen but it would be nice for Norwich.

No way, Gomez is very raw. He has talent but was a mess for their goal tonight. At one point he just sort of winced and looked confused. No way he is ready to play in a back 2 as a CB, nor a back 3.

Has to be Sahko and Skrtel with Gomez on the bench (should be Ilori and Gomez should be serving his apprenticeship somewhere).

Lovren should be at home scratching his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FT 1-1

Good points - well a point away is okay, Sakho did well on his return, Rossiter was fine until he ran out of fitness, Chirivella showed some very nice judgement indeed. Coutinho was pretty decent, a few wayward passes aside. Ings toiled well up front. Mignolet apart from that collision had a decent game a few good saves.

Bad points - everything else really. Playing one up is appalling, Origi isolated. Ibe was terrible, really disappointed in his whole game. Can't beat a man, can't run with the ball anywhere useful, didn't track back. Moreno a bit flaky as well with a shin bounce for a first touch too often

Would start Ings up front with Benteke until Sturridge is ready. Coutinho in behind. Enough of this lone striker bollocks. Have a bloody go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Impressed by young Pedro. Of course great to see our best cb back involved again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gomez really poor for their goal again.

FT 1-1

Good points - well a point away is okay, Sakho did well on his return, Rossiter was fine until he ran out of fitness, Chirivella showed some very nice judgement indeed. Coutinho was pretty decent, a few wayward passes aside. Ings toiled well up front. Mignolet apart from that collision had a decent game a few good saves.

Bad points - everything else really. Playing one up is appalling, Origi isolated. Ibe was terrible, really disappointed in his whole game. Can't beat a man, can't run with the ball anywhere useful, didn't track back. Moreno a bit flaky as well with a shin bounce for a first touch too often

I think you are being very generous to Rossiter there. Chirivella looked a better player. Rossiter nudged out of tackles easily enough, tried some hollywood passes which went nowhere. I thought he struggled.

Didn't see Brannagan do anything, couldnt comment on him as he didnt get a chance. Out of the 3 Chirivella looked most comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

last 19 competitive games liverpool have only managed to score more than once just two times (when they beat qpr 2-1 in may and newcastle 2-0 in april)

in the last 19 competitive games liverpool have managed just 16 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Turtyturd wrote: »

Aye, 3 games in a row he has cost us a goal, im all for giving young players a chance but maybe he could do with stepping aside for a couple of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Does Ibe have a single goal or assist in any of the competitive games he has played for us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Heading over for the Villa game and really not looking forward to it at all. Has become too expensive to watch the dross Rodgers is serving up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I thought Rossiter did pretty well tonight, I thought he read danger better than anyone else in midfield and knew where to move into space, while he got knocked off the ball a bit, at least he was making tackles. Always feel its harsh on young players coming into the first team when there is so many changes.

No way, Gomez is very raw. He has talent but was a mess for their goal tonight. At one point he just sort of winced and looked confused. No way he is ready to play in a back 2 as a CB, nor a back 3.

Has to be Sahko and Skrtel with Gomez on the bench (should be Ilori and Gomez should be serving his apprenticeship somewhere).

Lovren should be at home scratching his arse.

While I agree that Gomez is raw, he is also very quick for a centre back, strong and composed on the ball. He looked no worse for their goal than Skrtel was for Martial's goal at old trafford, the guy tonight was hopping the ball on his knee which is quite an unusual situation as opposed to martial who just changed feet. At least Gomez has the potential to improve.

mav79 wrote: »
    I thought Rossiter did pretty well tonight, I thought he read danger better than anyone else in midfield and knew where to move into space, while he got knocked off the ball a bit, at least he was making tackles. Always feel its harsh on young players coming into the first team when there is so many changes.

Chivirella looks like a much better passer to me, based on that game I think he looks nearer to the finished article. I do think Rossiter needs work on his passing still, he was off the boil tonight.

klose wrote: »
    Aye, 3 games in a row he has cost us a goal, im all for giving young players a chance but maybe he could do with stepping aside for a couple of games.

Yep, for his sake as much as anything.

Ibe reminds me a bit of Glen Johnson. And not the good young Glen Johnson but the older indecisive one who seemed half asleep at times.

Maybe too much too soon for him and the confidence is low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

rossie1977 wrote: »
    last 19 competitive games liverpool have only managed to score more than once just two times (when they beat qpr 2-1 in may and newcastle 2-0 in april)

in the last 19 competitive games liverpool have managed just 16 goals

Thats pathetic, how do we score? apart from hoping for a moment of magic

While I agree that Gomez is raw, he is also very quick for a centre back, strong and composed on the ball. He looked no worse for their goal than Skrtel was for Martial's goal at old trafford, the guy tonight was hopping the ball on his knee which is quite an unusual situation as opposed to martial who just changed feet. At least Gomez has the potential to improve.

He will be a better CB in time, no doubt, but we need to nurture him a bit. He has been costly in terms of goals and I thought for their goal tonight he looked hesitant like he didnt want to make a mistake. He could have got closer and probably got a head too it.

We dont need any more nervousness in the back 4, Skrtel whatever his faults are, doesnt bring that, he is fairly decisive. Gomez' time will come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That back line was a mess ibe and can were all over the place. I'd go with Sakho and gomez for norwich game they can't be worse than skrtel and lovren.

I just can't understand it, you have the most success as manager playing with 2 strikers yet now you seem allergic to it. Rodgers is full of fear and not responding to the job pressure. Bordeaux were for the taking, origi and ings could have made something happen it's pointless playing this system.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »

Slow down there, Can is more at fault for their goal if you ask me than Gomez. Can should have cleared it but instead he tried to take a touch when he intercepted the ball like he always does and wasn't aware there was an oppossition player behind him, like happened many times throughout the game, who then went on to score. Can also came inside for headers a couple of times that he shouldn't have with the ball dropping to unmarked players where Can should have been. Clyne at right back won't be guilty of any of this rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

How many different combinations of players has Rodgers tried with one up front?

Slow down there, Can is more at fault for their goal if you ask me than Gomez. Can should have cleared it but instead he tried to take a touch when he intercepted the ball like he always does and wasn't aware there was an oppossition player behind him, like happened many times throughout the game, who then went on to score. Can also came inside for headers a couple of times that he shouldn't have with the ball dropping to unmarked players where Cna should have been. Clyne at right back won't be guilty of any of this rubbish.

The ball is bouncing in front of Gomez, he was nervous, backed off, gave them the chance. He needs taken out of the team and nurtured. He is 18! He is going to be a great player but exposing him like this is no good for his development. Skrtel and Sahko have played together, they know each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Turtyturd wrote: »

I was watching an American stream of the game with former US international CB Alexi Lalas commentating on it. Described Gomez's position in the goal quite well I thought. Basically caught in an awful position where no matter what you do, it's wrong. When the player is juggling the ball like that, if you tackle him you risk a penalty, if you don't you risk a goal.

It something you'll figure out more as you develop, but he's still too inexperienced it seems. In fairness to him, 7 games ago he was playing Championship opposition. Now it's Bordeaux in the Europa league at right-back and centre-back, just days after playing against Man United at left-back. He cant settle into a routine with that sort of set-up.

I'd take him out for a few games.

More culpable was Brannagan I thought who was just ball watching at the edge of the box when the ball broke. Made no steps towards the attacker or the ball so free shot into the back of the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not sure why we played a weakened team? I cant think of one single reason we shouldn't be doing everything possible to go far in this competition.

Surely Ilori should have been kept over Toure and a better option than Gomez at CB?

Ibe looks like he wants to pack it in. Might not be a popular opinion but Markovic would have been a better option if he wasn't ****ed out the door at the earliest chance.

Anyway, not a great performance.........again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Another pants on head display tonight..

Watching Liverpool play is fast becoming very frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mav79 wrote: »
    How many different combinations of players has Rodgers tried with one up front?

Wasent much of a combination imo, origi was so isolated up there tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Meh

Sick of this ****

It's Hodgson bad

I was watching an American stream of the game with former US international CB Alexi Lalas commentating on it. Described Gomez's position in the goal quite well I thought. Basically caught in an awful position where no matter what you do, it's wrong. When the player is juggling the ball like that, if you tackle him you risk a penalty, if you don't you risk a goal.

It something you'll figure out more as you develop, but he's still too inexperienced it seems. In fairness to him, 7 games ago he was playing Championship opposition. Now it's Bordeaux in the Europa league at right-back and centre-back, just days after playing against Man United at left-back. He cant settle into a routine with that sort of set-up.

I'd take him out for a few games.

More culpable was Brannagan I thought who was just ball watching at the edge of the box when the ball broke. Made no steps towards the attacker or the ball so free shot into the back of the net.

Yep I said the same about Brannigan in the match thread, but I guess his dilemma is that if the defence does it's job he wants to be that side of the player for a counter attack.

The ball is bouncing in front of Gomez, he was nervous, backed off, gave them the chance. He needs taken out of the team and nurtured. He is 18! He is going to be a great player but exposing him like this is no good for his development. Skrtel and Sahko have played together, they know each other.

Crivelli was bouncing the ball on his knee, very different situation to the ball bouncing in front of him. I'm not suggesting playing him CB for the season. I feel like if he is gonna be played anyway so I would prefer he is played in his natural position. I agree he was at fault for goals in previous games but that was while he was being played out of position on top of everything else you gotta remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Meh

Sick of this ****

It's Hodgson bad

Its worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What I take away from tonight:

Sakho should be straight in the first XI.
    Moreno should come in at LB or LW. His pace going both ways is invaluable.
    Rodgers doesn't give a toss about the Europa League.
    I still fúcking hate watching us play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Sakho, as we all guessed, was good. Made the tackles when it was needed, tracked back well, got in the way, and when he ran with the ball into the middle of the park he didn't keep going like Lovern but passed and got back into position.

How he is not playing every week is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Meh

Sick of this ****

It's Hodgson bad

Some of his comments remind me of Hodgson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This quote sums up a lot of what is wrong at the moment. Our best CB, had to be 'patient' so he could boss a game and prove that he should be the first name on the teamsheet.

Brendan's love of Lovren is driving him fairly quickly towards his P45 if he can't see the difference when Sakho comes in

Comes into the reckoning. COMES INTO THE RECKONING!?!

What did sakho do to deserve this kind of sh1t treatment from Rodgers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just for the craic I'd love to see something like

Firmino
    Benteke---Ings
    Coutinho--Lallana
    Hendo

We could be a ****ter Barca.

We've bought loads of pretty good footballers, who're mostly tough as old roots and are happy to work their balls off.

We've completely failed to leverage that this season.

Rodgers is making Hodgson look like fcuking Shankly lately.

How is he getting so much leeway here...

He comes into the reckoning for the weekend.”

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sakho should be the first choice captain and an automatic starter let alone be considered to start on Sunday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement