Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

slingerz wrote: »
    I honestly think a midfield trio of Henderson, Can & Milner should be our first choice selection. Let Firmino, Coutinho play off Benteke thenn

That was my thinking coming in to the season but the lack of width would be a real issue as we saw against West Ham.

Not to drag back up another managerial/transfer debate but I think we are short in the wide areas and that this will be a problem in some games. I don't think Ibe has enough about him really, and Lallana is more of a central threat like Coutinho and Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Shamrock55 you'll probably explode if Liverpool win on Saturday!

Neither will happen;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

x43r0 wrote: »
    Seeing as we all love combined XI's

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Can't argue with much of that, although I'd have Clyne over Darmian and maybe Henderson instead of Carrick

Depay?? Hahahahah. Absolute **** so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

DeGea over Mignolet.....LOL.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    DeGea over Mignolet.....LOL.

I know. He can't even get into the first team these days.

• Advertisement

I know. He can't even get into the first team these days.

And don't get me started on Smalling ahead of Volner.

And don't get me started on Smalling ahead of Volner.

And I know Rodgers has his faults(many faults) but surely he's a better manager than Micheal Owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, Rodgers would somehow make sure Revolvren would be on there. He's slip Mickey a fiver.

The only way it could have been worse would be if Phil Jones was in there.

Nice idea x43r0, but poorly executed. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Nice idea x43r0, but poorly executed. :pac:

No untoward ideas at all :pac:

I thought it was good for a laugh though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Michael Owen over LVG & Rodgers as manager ye that could be an improvement.

He talks as much sh1te anyway on BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverman Squad - What are we doing at the lake boss?

Micheal Owen - Research on how to leap like a trout.

That's the spirit.

Nathaniel Clyne: Liverpool FC need to go for United's throats from the off.
    Nathaniel Clyne says Liverpool need to be bold against Manchester United on Sunday as he insisted: “We need to be at their throats from the start.”

The new Reds right-back was part of the Southampton side who won at Old Trafford last season and now he has his sights set on tasting victory there with Brendan Rodgers’ men.

“One of the reasons I signed for Liverpool is to play in big matches like this,” Clyne told liverpoolfc.com
    “Playing at Old Trafford last season with Southampton and getting the three points was a great feeling. It was a well deserved victory.

“We played really well and you have to be on top of your game if you want to come away with three points.

“Working hard, playing on the front foot and taking the game to them is going to be key. We can’t allow them to pass the ball around as they like to or have too much free space.

“We need to be at their throats from the start, not let them settle in the game, and with the quality we have up front we can cause them problems.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-fc-need-10011533

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'm really liking Clyne. Down to earth, earned his progress through hard work, now getting his reward.
    It's not not having a constant debate about RB for a change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

x43r0 wrote: »
    Seeing as we all love combined XI's

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Can't argue with much of that, although I'd have Clyne over Darmian and maybe Henderson instead of Carrick

I can it should be Henderson and schnerdelin or milner. As good as bastion is I think those are currently better players.

The state of both teams tbh.

Medicore Rovers

How many of those players get into a Chelsea or City starting 11 DeGea maybe ahead of Hart in the City team that's about it.

Shaw and Coutinho might push for places that is it really.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The state of both teams tbh.

Medicore Rovers

I think both are only 2/3 away from challenging at the very top. A fit Sturridge, an up-to-speed Firmino and Sakho back in the team make us look a very different outfit. Likewise, them upgrading at CB, and getting a true #9, and they would look like real challengers.

But both have head-strong managers who are persisting with failing methods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

It is telling that even with a combined 11 I wouldn't fancy that team to finish ahead of Chelsea or City over the course of a season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

How many of those players get into a Chelsea or City starting 11 DeGea maybe ahead of Hart in the City team that's about it.

Shaw and Coutinho might push for places that is it really.

Luke Shaw left back so that Azpilliceuta could move over and replace the awful Ivanovic. Thats an improvement right there for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Entirely arbitrary after the fact bunkum.

Who can truly put the price on human life?

Oh yeh - Deloitte and the like.

Would love to see their logarithm for saying that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is worth €19.9M after his showings for Newcastle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ryan "no loan yet" Kent looks like he could be off to Coventry. Tony Mowbray named him as a likely player to join up after a forward (James Maddison) was sidelined for the rest of the year
    Mowbray, who watched the Young Lions’ 5-0 thumping of Czech Republic on Saturday and had a scout at the second fixture – a 1-0 defeat last night – has Kent firmly in his sights for a loan deal which he hopes to complete before the weekend trip to Scunthorpe.

“He’s a young player who we have noted an interest with Liverpool,” revealed Mowbray.

“It might have a day or two to run yet but I would be hopeful of trying to close the deal. We’ve watched him for a while and he’s my type of footballer really.

“He’s a bit whispy but he can come in and do what James isn’t going to be able to do for the next four or five months. He can handle the ball, play off both feet, travel with the ball and play anywhere behind that main striker, so it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That report was done by CIES Football Observatory. The same chancers that would have you believe that Dejan Lovren is the best CB in the league.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2456052/dejan-lovren-best-centre-back-in-premier-league-says-cies

Absolute garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I think Brendan Rodgers with LVG's hair should manage that hybrid team. Maybe he could speak a sort of broken English with a Northern Irish accent, Shteve McLaren shtyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I see Clyne was subbed after 68 mins for stones, injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

T-K-O wrote: »

He looked fine. Probably just to give Stones a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

T-K-O wrote: »

No. Purely done to give the red tops the opportunity to pun on ClyneStones cowboy.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    No. Purely done to give the red tops the opportunity to pun on ClyneStones cowboy.

If ever there was a post that didn't deserve 9 hours as Last Post, this is it. :P

Can't be thinking about the United game yet - anyone see any good round-ups of how our players did on International Duty?

mosstin wrote: »

That tune is stuck in my head now!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That tune is stuck in my head now!

Let me help by replacing with...Alanis Morrisette!

"It's like raaaaaaaain on your wedding daaaay
    It's a free riiiiiiiiiide when you already paid..."

NukaCola wrote: »
    That report was done by CIES Football Observatory. The same chancers that would have you believe that Dejan Lovren is the best CB in the league.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2456052/dejan-lovren-best-centre-back-in-premier-league-says-cies

Absolute garbage.
    :D

They meant that to be funny, though?

Didn't they?

And speaking of Nervol, a good article on Anfield Index on Skrtel and Nervol.

http://anfieldindex.com/16896/skrtel-lovren-costing-liverpool-just-goals.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

:D

They meant that to be funny, though?

Didn't they?

And speaking of Nervol, a good article on Anfield Index on Skrtel and Nervol.

http://anfieldindex.com/16896/skrtel-lovren-costing-liverpool-just-goals.html

That article is blaming the blame on both of them, but Skrtel is usually solid, it's Renolv that's costing us points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Great little video here.
    Watch how Liverpool fan from Bangkok saw his dream come true when he got to walk out with the Reds in Kuala Lumpur, in conjuction with Standard Chartered.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/latest-videos#23136

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    That article is blaming the blame on both of them, but Skrtel is usually solid, it's Renolv that's costing us points.
    I wouldn't say Skrtel is solid, I would put him at competent at best.

Both are prone to brain-farts once they set foot outside the box and their man-to-man marking in the box is sailing very close to penalties at any setpiece.

It's Rodgers handling of the defense(or lack of it) that will cost him his job and it's looking like it will be sooner than later.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pre match presser tomorrow should add a bit of life to the thread hopefully, and then Friday the match thread will provide the sparks I'd say.

and it's looking like it will be sooner than later.

No, it really doesn't! Still has 7 points from first 4 games, position in the table will dictate his departure, and he's where we might expect after 4 games...

So I see Gomez had to delete a tweet congratulating Rooney on breaking the England goal scoring record because of the abuse he was getting from fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Jordan Henderson also congratulated his England teammate Rooney. How normal

• Advertisement

So I see Gomez had to delete a tweet congratulating Rooney on breaking the England goal scoring record because of the abuse he was getting from fans absolute pricks.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So I see Gomez had to delete a tweet congratulating Rooney on breaking the England goal scoring record because of the abuse he was getting from fans.

What was said?

Probably the Echo staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I don't see why Gomez had to delete his tweet...

Can he not just ignore these fools.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I don't see why Gomez had to delete his tweet...

Can he not just ignore these fools.

He's young, probably not certain what the "right" thing to do is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We need to stop conforming to gobshites. He should have retweeted and favourited it.

Dickerty wrote: »
    He's young, probably not certain what the "right" thing to do is...
    He's 18.

If you're not online, you don't exist.

And twitter seems to attract more than its fair share of eejits.

And twitter seems to attract more than its fair share of eejits.

There's A****** fans everywhere, tbf.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Maybe Gomes has a decent advisor and told him just to remove the tweet as its not worth the hassle.

There's A****** fans everywhere, tbf.

They even have their own thread:-0

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement