Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

gafferino wrote:
    Anyone reliable? Sounds like bollox it would be Ayre doing it anyway?

Probabley no-one of note but I saw it a couple of times earlier one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

D'Agger wrote: »
    So he's now on less money? :pac:

Got something on your nose there :pac:

https://twitter.com/Benwellsap/status/644941279110033408

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

My tuppence on 1 v 2 strikers.

I'd like to see

Henderson Couthinho Milner

Firmino

Sturridge Benteke.

Couthinho slightly ahead of the other 2, that would give some serious creativity from the middle. It has the potential however to be cut open too easily.

All in all, I'd like to see 4-3-1-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Mignolet______

Cylne__Skrtel_Sakho_Gomez

Lallana_Henderson_Milner__

_______Couthino___________

__Sturridge____Firmino_______

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

brevity wrote: »

Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with whatever auld number suits.

I'm recently fully on board with the Rodgers Out chorus, but folks don't half scramble around frenetically for the flimsiest of sticks to beat him with.

You'd swear he hadn't lovingly crafted a multitude of ornate war clubs himself with which to clobber him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

corwill wrote: »
    Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with whatever auld number suits.

I'm recently fully on board with the Rodgers Out chorus, but folks don't half scramble around frenetically for the flimsiest of sticks to beat him with.

You'd swear he hadn't lovingly crafted a multitude of ornate war clubs himself with which to clobber him.

Absolutely, folks say they can't stand a word he says yet they scour Twitter looking for any morsel to feast on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Absolutely, folks say they can't stand a word he says yet they scour Twitter looking for any morsel to feast on!

He doesn't half talk some shite tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

As bad as the team are to watch at the moment, one thing I can at least be sure of on Sunday is I'll be over the moon to see Sturridge back on the pitch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno how benteke gets in side if Sturridge is firing.
    I'd rather have Couthino and Firmino ,more movement more runs in behind more creativity . Time to get back to a passing game.

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    As bad as the team are to watch at the moment, one thing I can at least be sure of on Sunday is I'll be over the moon to see Sturridge back on the pitch :)

I wouldn't get too excited. If previous injuries are anything to go by then he'll not be great for a few matches. Not great at all.

Let's hope he stays fit this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dubai’s royal family in “talks” over planned takeover of Liverpool FC
    Exclusive: Fenway Sports Group (FSG) are ready to cash in on a sale of Liverpool Football Club.
    Winner Sports was told this week that “Talks are taking place” over a planned takeover of Liverpool FC, the most decorated club in England, by the house of Al Maktoum (Royal family of Dubai), according to sources with close connections to the Dubai royal family.

These people said advanced discussions between the club and Marwan Abedin, who is on the board of Dubai’s biggest property developer, had progressed in the past several weeks.

The investor group is backed by Dubai’s Al Maktoum royal family. One of the people familiar with the matter said Liverpool’s owners are looking to cash in after the Premier League struck a record £5bn deal with broadcasters in February 2015 for the UK rights to football’s most lucrative competition.

John W Henry now believes there is no longer a level playing field after Uefa president Michel Platini said Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations will be “eased”.

A source told Winner Sports: “Mr Henry is disillusioned and frustrated”.

It’s thought Fenway Sports Group (FSG) are seeking a deal worth more than $700m (£450million GBP) with the prospective buyers.

A source in the UAE told Winner Sports: “With a huge slump in oil prices, the people at the top are looking at other sectors like tourism. Buying a prestigious football club can help you achieve certain goals.”

Although Liverpool’s UEFA rankings show how far Liverpool have fallen in Europe under FSG’s ownership (Liverpool sit 55th in the rankings, behind the likes of Trabzonspor) American business magazine Forbes ranks the Reds as the eighth most valuable football club in the world at $1billion.

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/dubais-royal-family-in-talks-over-planned-takeover-of-liverpool-fc-68842

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

www.winnersports.co.uk is one of my go to sites.

Liverpool are setting up an Academy over there which is almost certainly the 2+2=5 inspiration for this story.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-launch-international-academy-10057815

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Explains Sakhos new deal.........

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Every few months rumours of a Dubai takeover happens. I don't believe it now any more than I did the previous few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sure the Dubai takeover rumour is and has always been a smokescreen for Kenny Huang's very late belated takeover.

The Dubai takeover is just like a Rodgers team playing with two strikers you hope it will happen but you know in the end it's just a pipe dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And when the video ends you realise you are shivering naked in the vast chasm that is the void left upon his departure.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

x43r0 wrote: »

Can't bring myself to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Can't bring myself to watch.

Will we ever see the likes again in a Liverpool shirt

Which means he didn't score 87% of them! FACT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Will we ever see the likes again in a Liverpool shirt

Did we think we would replace Torres so easily.

• Advertisement

Some twitter gossip that Hendo has a broken foot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Dubai takeover is just like a Rodgers team playing with two strikers you hope it will happen but you know in the end it's just a pipe dream.

Are you for real? Fck Dubai!

Mystic Snugglebutt

brevity wrote: »
    Some twitter gossip that Hendo has a broken foot...

I think they'd have spotted that before sending him off to the USA and bringing him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Advertisement

What a twit. Christ.

Well not his fault I'm sure, it was Lovren wasn't it? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson is going to be this years Sturridge. Constantly waiting for him to get back fit before the team starts playing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

MD1990 wrote: »

When it rains it pours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mav79 wrote: »
    Henderson is going to be this years Sturridge. Constantly waiting for him to get back fit before the team starts playing well.

To think that we were very close to forcing Lucas out too. Would have been a complete disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

NoHendoNoParty

:(

4652187-7494596125-jerry.gif

Fuck everything :mad:

So, now Milner is the Captain for the forseeable future. Doesnt seem right.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So, now Milner is the Captain for the forseeable future. Doesnt seem right.

Well Rodgers can play Rossiter and make him captain if that makes you feel any better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm worried especiay after how bad lucas can and milner have been since that arsenal game in midfield

Allen might come in for Hendo, well he's a bit more mobile from a standing start than Can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would like Sakho to be captain given he will surely start now. Captained PSG at 19 & also captained France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Being reported on the Beeb now as well. Someone somewhere does not like us........:(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34302390

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely Henderson could still contribute as normal by moving around a lot in a wheelchair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surely Henderson could still contribute as normal by moving around a lot in a wheelchair.

Would still be more mobile than Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Allen might come in for Hendo, well he's a bit more mobile from a standing start than Can.

IMO, Can is just too static (without ths ball)for midfield. Where would you guys play him?

Bad news

This means more of Can playing. Disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Needs to stop running with his knees.

Hendoside.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Can Milner Lucas........piss poor midfield even when you include Allen and only ok when you include Henderson anyway.
    Serious lack of quality there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Goodbye Brendan. That's how big a loss this injury might be now. **** sake. Awful luck for Hendo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement