Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd move Coutinho into the midfield 3, Firmino then behind the two strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

NukaCola wrote: »
    Can Milner Lucas........piss poor midfield even when you include Allen and only ok when you include Henderson anyway.
    Serious lack of quality there.

Yeah was thinking that myself. For a manager who prides himself on controlling games which is usually done from midifled we really have woeful midfield options especially from a creativity point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Coutinho is on Footie Focus, speaking Portuguese! C'mon lad try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bad news

This means more of Can playing. Disaster

You seem to love singling out the younger players with Sh1t remarks like that. Probably said the same about Henderson in his 1st 2 seasons at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Those injections really did the job.

• Advertisement

Other foot.

MD1990 wrote: »
    You seem to love singling out the younger players with Sh1t remarks like that. Probably said the same about Henderson in his 1st 2 seasons at the club.

Not at all. Who cares what age they are.

Always been a fan of Henderson. I'm sure he recieved criticism here and there.

Can has been consistently poor for quite a while and shouldn't be in the first team. That's plain as day

Cans first year (and a bit) has certainly been no worse than Henderson's was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

That's my whole belief system fooked I always had Hendo marked down as the David Dunn to Sturridges Mr. Glass :(

Henderson wasn't too bad first season.

Rodgers hasn't helped Can tbh moving him about in different positions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep, you could tell Can was on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Not bothered, Henderson is average. I still believe the team will improve. I'd rather have Lucas than Henderson.
    For me, Hendersons appointment to Captain smelt of mediocrity - the Tottenham of the 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Not bothered, Henderson is average. I still believe the team will improve. I'd rather have Lucas than Henderson.
    For me, Hendersons appointment to Captain smelt of mediocrity - the Tottenham of the 90's.

.....and I'm off to enjoy the weekend.

In your dreams. Tottenham won a cup or 2 in the 90s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's probably tried more and failed more.

I don't think one is better than the other.

Messi loses the ball a lot, but that's obviously part and parcel of his game.
    If Pique or Busquets were doing that they'd be dropped like a hot turd.

I think it's why Allen is so underrated (he's not great either - just not as atrocious as everyone seems to think). People expect every player to do amazing things and not just their job.

But we see what happens to our midfield when Henderson isn't around to do the basics.
    It seems to be about mentality as much as anything.
    Patience and the sacrificing of your ego as well as the standard fitness and technical football stuff.

I still think Can is a good option at CB if we're not expecting to get attacked much - he mightn't be quite ready to take the reins in midfield, but he can play a more understated auxiliary midfield role, while giving us a bit more solidity and freeing up the only players in the side that can give us width - Moreno, Ibe, Clyne.

He was more use on Thursday as another footballer from the back. Wasn't great for their goal, but our play with the ball is where we're falling down the most at the moment.

Lets go ape****:

Ings--Benteke
    Firmino----Coutinho
    Moreno----Milner
    Clyne
    ---Sakho--Gomez--Can

Henderson wasn't too bad first season

He was the proverbial rabbit in the headlights, ended up hiding in plain sight on the right. Okay Dalglish was foolish for trying to play him there so much, speaking of which....
    Rodgers hasn't helped Can tbh moving him about in different positions

I think a big problem is having a lot of similar type midfield players.

No ball players, playmakers.

Lucas, Allen, can, rossiter, other chap from midweek, Milner, coutinho, ferminio, Ibe.... Plenty of options imo, Henderson is a loss but not anywhere near sturridge levels... These things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We're ****ed lads.

EDIT: I just think Milner may not be a strong enough character to be the captain.

He's good at having chats with the younger players and giving advice at half time/full time but he seems a bit incapable of doing it during the actual game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are turning in to Arsenal with all these injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This season was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We are turning in to Arsenal with all these injuries

Hold on, I thought we were turning into Swansea? Make your mind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Eh, didn't Henderson just go to the US over his heel? If it was that much of a concern wtf was he doing training?

We're ****ed lads.

EDIT: I just think Milner may not be a strong enough character to be the captain.

He's good at having chats with the younger players and giving advice at half time/full time but he seems a bit incapable of doing it during the actual game.

Wouldn't be hot on Milner as captain either. He's prone to the odd stupid action when things are going against us such as rash tackling. Not one to depend on to lead by example.

Hold on, I thought we were turning into Swansea? Make your mind up.

Are we not allowed the odd identity crisis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Turtyturd wrote: »

This is our second identity crisis in as many seasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Well lads.

Turtyturd wrote:

punk_one82 wrote:
    This is our second identity crisis in as many seasons.

Just an average fortnight for some people

Well lads.

Perfect timing Caovyn ;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Eh, didn't Henderson just go to the US over his heel? If it was that much of a concern wtf was he doing training?

He got injections for that heel injury, returned to training, and then broke his other foot.

Well lads.

Y'alright?

Ah jaysus. I predict an upturn in bannings very soon.

Rumour has it that Joe Allen figured we had too many midfielders

He wanted to break back into the team

Y'alright?

Nice summer, you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If Coavyn had joined the sack Rodgers brigade in the mean time would a load of ye get confused and start having second thoughts?:pac:

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    He got injections for that heel injury, returned to training, and then broke his other foot.

Injections are never a good thing, likely means the injury hasn't gone away. I know it's the other foot he broke but I believe if someone isn't right then it makes them susceptible in general. Like it might effect their running style, balance, how they "take" a tackle.

I think that's partly Sturridge's issue anyway.

Nobody mention breakfast, he's wearing a wire.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Injections are never a good thing, likely means the injury hasn't gone away. I know it's the other foot he broke but I believe if someone isn't right then it makes them susceptible in general. Like it might effect their running style, balance, how they "take" a tackle.

I think that's partly Sturridge's issue anyway.

Well he has plenty of time for that injury to heal properly now anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    Lucas, Allen, can, rossiter, other chap from midweek, Milner, coutinho, ferminio, Ibe.... Plenty of options imo, Henderson is a loss but not anywhere near sturridge levels... These things happen.

"Lucas, Allen, can, rossiter, other chap from midweek, Milner" are our options for the middle. Piss poor. Plenty of options but no quality.

Coutinho/Firmino would be destroyed in the middle. Not sure why you've added Ibe in as an option.

Soft and easy to play against in general, and I agree about Henderson, we are already lacking in the middle.

"Lucas, Allen, can, rossiter, other chap from midweek, Milner" are our options for the middle. Piss poor. Plenty of options but no quality.

Coutinho/Firmino would be destroyed in the middle. Not sure why you've added Ibe in as an option.

Soft and easy to play against in general, and I agree about Henderson, we are already lacking in the middle.

Milner isn't quality? Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Well lads.

So you still in love with Rodgers or have you seen enough?

He's a midfielder, winger .... advanced player. Why wouldn't I list him?

I listed all our midfield options, I wasn't suggesting all the listed players are direct Henderson replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

awful news but hopefully means dropping coutinho back a bit deeper like the season before last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So back to the big picture, Arsenal 3 pts ahead and we have a game in hand, Chelsea same as us, 7 pts and we have a game in hand.

Utd (3 pts ahead of us) playing away to away to S'ton tomorrow and we are at home to Norwich.

Spurs at home to C' Pal are a point behind us currently.

Everton a pt ahead are away to Swansea.

3 pts tomorrow for Liverpool and we are not in a bad position after 6 PL games imo.

So back to the big picture, Arsenal 3 pts ahead and we have a game in hand, Chelsea same as us, 7 pts and we have a game in hand.

Utd (3 pts ahead of us) playing away to away to S'ton tomorrow and we are at home to Norwich.

Spurs at home to C' Pal are a point behind us currently.

Everton a pt ahead are away to Swansea.

3 pts tomorrow for Liverpool and we are not in a bad position after 6 PL games imo.

So another terrible performance but a 1-0 win and everything will be rosy?

No, he didn't say that, he said a win and we're not in a bad position after 6 games.

No, he didn't say that, he said a win and we're not in a bad position after 6 games.

Indeed, even if we win 5 - 0 or so everything won't be rosy. We need a run that yields a decent PL points haul to keep us close to or better than 2ppg and we nee to profgess in the EL.

At the moment things arent even rosey for man city after losing the lead & the game midweek.

One can be fully behind the current regime without thinking all is rosey.

Thanks, I can read. I also don't just look at a league table to blindly judge how things are going. I want to look forward to seeing us play with a sense of excitement and hope rather than dread.

One can be fully behind the current regime without thinking all is rosey.

Well not really. Fully behind means that you are happy with everything they are doing (within reason), and there are so many things we are doing wrong now that it's hard to be fully behind the current regime.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement