Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

klose wrote: »
    awful news but hopefully means dropping coutinho back a bit deeper like the season before last.
    Jaysus, let the lad have a few posts before you start giving out.:pac:

5starpool wrote: »
    Thanks, I can read. I also don't just look at a league table to blindly judge how things are going. I want to look forward to seeing us play with a sense of excitement and hope rather than dread.
    Well not really. Fully behind means that you are happy with everything they are doing (within reason), and there are so many things we are doing wrong now that it's hard to be fully behind the current regime.

Considering you deem not in a bad position and everything rosey to be the same I'll happily disregard your definition of fully behind :) no doubt you can read but one needs to complement that with comprehension too.

To summarise, I don't think everything is rosey but I am fully behind the current regime, yes really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Thanks, I can read. I also don't just look at a league table to blindly judge how things are going. I want to look forward to seeing us play with a sense of excitement and hope rather than dread.

How did you draw the conclusion that he said everything would be rosy with a scrappy 1-0 win?

Who looks at the table and blindly judges how things are going?

If Liverpool thrash Norwich will that mean everything is rosy to you as it will give you something to look forward to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I've heard of women's menstrual cycle's synchronising before, but this is the first time I've seen those of the posters in all the clubs threads & forums do so

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I deem everything rosy the same as everything is grand, not everything rosy is everything is fantastic.

I probably took a little liberty with the use of everything is rosy, but still. I hate change for the sake of change, but I think we are beyond that now into where we just need change (provided it's not a wasted opportunity of course).

There is still a chance Rodgers can pull things around where the majority opinion swings back in his favour, and I'd be happy to have that happen, but I see far too many signs that this won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd love to be able to look at tables and think 3 more points and it isn't so bad, but I've seen us actually play this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Milner isn't quality? Interesting.

Decent nothing more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Our midfield is one of the poorest in the league even with henderson in it, should be an interesting 8wks ahead

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Our midfield is one of the poorest in the league even with henderson in it, should be an interesting 8wks ahead

I was going to say its as bad a Midfield I've seen in 10 years but we did have a Spearing/Adam midfield partnership.....shudder.......at least that was only because of injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »
    Decent nothing more

Yep. I was delighted when we signed him but it's becoming very obvious he isn't a central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep. I was delighted when we signed him but it's becoming very obvious he isn't a central midfielder.

Or a captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rodgers is a very lucky man that Henderson got injured before he shipped out Lucas against the wishes of the fans. I think his job would have been almost untenable had he got Lucas to leave only for Henderson to go down injured a few days after window closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Missing Henderson for three months in total. We mightn't win the league because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ush wrote: »
    Missing Henderson for three months in total. We mightn't win the league because of that.

I might slip down to 6th insterad of 5th. Damn.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

In fairness, Lucas isn't half the player some on here will have you believe either. Not going to bash the guy, I do like him, but he's a very limited Midfielder that can only play in a 3 man midfield IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

NukaCola wrote: »
    In fairness, Lucas isn't half the player some on here will have you believe either. Not going to bash the guy, I do like him, but he's a very limited Midfielder that can only play in a 3 man midfield IMO.
    To be fair every midfielder at the club would struggle outside a three man midfield. Which is one of the main problems with the club, overloaded in certain areas and very weak in others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Henderson is a good player and still improving. He'll be missed. Really need a good performance tomorrow, a 1-0 win isn't really good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Milner isn't quality? Interesting.

I'm not certain anyone knows (and I include the manager and the man himself) what he's supposed to be doing in this midfield.

With Hendo in, we had someone in the engine room at the back of the midfield and we had Coutinho in front doing the fancy stuff.

What exactly Milner's job is in between, other than making a nuisance of himself, I'm not sure.
    That's fine in some games - if we have a functioning counter-attack then it's perfectly legitimate for particularly tough fixtures.

It'd be interesting to see heat maps for Milner in his last two games without Hendo and see if he's changed at all.

I know the first couple of games he spend the entire match in the right CM channel going box to box, whereas Henderson covered the whole width of CM but scarcely ventured out of it.

If Milner dropped back into the role Hendo was playing I think he could do it fairly well and we could find a better balance in how we support the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's our most creative midfielder he will be hugely missed, 10 assists last season I think.

Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rodgers is a very lucky man that Henderson got injured before he shipped out Lucas against the wishes of the fans. I think his job would have been almost untenable had he got Lucas to leave only for Henderson to go down injured a few days after window closed.

Sure Lucas was gone for the last 3 years.

The fact he's still here is enough. Agent talk, tabloid rumours and twitter making mountains out of molehills.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

They hail from East London

Ham=Bacon

East Bacon

:pac:

still not getting it ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

How I think we should Line up against Norwich.

2u9wuLL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

s8n wrote: »
    still not getting it ??

Cockney Rhyming Slang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I would rather have any of chirivella, rossiter or can play instead of lucas. He is a busted flush and does not deserve his place on form.

I would rather have any of chirivella, rossiter or can play instead of lucas. He is a busted flush and does not deserve his place on form.

Those players are not good enough for that position, they are no where near ready and putting youth into a team that is struggling is terrible practice.

If Allen was fit, he might (might) get into the position but Lucas is better...

Lucas isn't at his best and it shouldn't be the case that we have to rely on him but it's not really his fault that the manager hasn't improved on the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

s8n wrote: »
    still not getting it ??

screen-shot-2013-09-04-at-161346-1024x578.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

West Ham are turning into ninja football slayers... :/

Vicxas wrote: »

Is that game over;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Is that game over;)

God no, just a general comment on their performance against the top teams

Vicxas wrote: »

Only because I have them in a last man standing competition.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Milner is comfortably our best midfielder.

The fact that he has Can beside him for the foreseeable future won't help him unfortunately, hopefully Allen is fit and firing soon because the 2 of them could form a really good partnership in a diamond with Lucas behind and Coutinho in front.

The fact that he has Can beside him for the foreseeable future won't help him unfortunately, hopefully Allen is fit and firing soon because the 2 of them could form a really good partnership in a diamond with Lucas behind and Coutinho in front.

A 3 of Allen, Lucas and Milner has a huge deficit of quality on the ball, pace and strength.

It's grand if your only aspiration is drawing away to Villa or something but if we plan on taking games to people we can't waste that many shirts on people who just do a job.

It's well and good having players wade through muck so the more creative players have room to work in, but you can't devote half your attacking unit to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

brevity wrote: »
    How I think we should Line up against Norwich.

2u9wuLL.png

How we'll probably line up against Norwich.

[IMG][/img]1337746_Liverpool.jpg

Lets say for the sake of argument Milner is better, he's certainly not comfortably our best Midfielder, not sure how anyone who watches football and understands it can come to that conclusion. He is better out wide than Henderson absolutely, he doesn't have enough in the centre and its no wonder he didn't play the majority of his time there at City. Not much between him and Henderson, if anything Henderson is the better CM IMO.

Milner has done nothing in a red shirt apart from average displays of pressing opponents and running. I would have thought with him in the middle our midfield would be stronger without Gerrard in it but we haven't seen it yet. Needs to up his game big time.

The quality in midfield is quite poor lets be honest here.

Can we sign the Japanese rugby coach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Some guy called Moses has been tearing it up for West Ham these two past games..

Of course... of course we're ****.

Of course.

But maybe if West Ham can beat Arsenal and City at home as well we're not total ****.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

West Ham are some buachaill's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fair to say if we kept Victory, Shelvey, Pacheco, and Balotelli we'd be top of the league now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Henderson is better than Milner. He is more creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just saw West Ham won against City there, instantly making Brendan Rodgers a good manager.

Pinch of salt and all that, but allegedly Sturridge will start tomorrow, and Lovren will be on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pinch of salt and all that, but allegedly Sturridge will start tomorrow, and Lovren will be on the bench.

Sturridge as a CB interesting way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

bold-strategy-cotton.gif?w=499&h=213

Defend from the front / attack from the back

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Watching Milan tonight. Balotelli as fcukin' useless as ever. Carlos Bacca on the other hand brilliant, 3-2 to put them ahead.

Can we do a swap? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Sturridge starts, it will be obvious that Rodgers has gotten utterly desperate.

SlickRic wrote: »
    If Sturridge starts, it will be obvious that Rodgers has gotten utterly desperate.

Bull.

It will mean he's trying to build the players fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

SlickRic wrote: »

Or maybe they think he's fit enough to start.

Nah.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement