Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bull.

It will mean he's trying to build the players fitness.

You don't build the fitness of a player up who has been out injured for the guts of 14 months by throwing him in from the start in a must win game, having had no previous minutes (no reserve team football either).

Utterly ludicrous to think otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Blatter wrote: »
    You don't build the fitness of a player up who has been out injured for the guts of 14 months by throwing him in from the start in a must win game, having had no previous minutes (no reserve team football either).

Utterly ludicrous to think otherwise.

Must win? It's Norwich.

Must win? It's Norwich.

Erm...exactly? :confused:

Erm...exactly? :confused:

If Sturridge is starting tomorrow it's because he is fit enough to do so. It's nothing to do with the manager being desperate because this is apparently a "must win" game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bull.

It will mean he's trying to build the players fitness.

You can't possibly believe that.

He may think he's fit, I'll accept that. But you don't start him after all the time he's had out if you're trying to build his fitness.

And it is must win as far as a lot of fans are concerned.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Sturridge is starting tomorrow it's because he is fit enough to do so. It's nothing to do with the manager being desperate because this is apparently a "must win" game.

What's the definition of a must win game for you or do you consider that there is such a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Can't see Sturridge starting. He'll probably come on after an hour for Benteke and spend the last 30 mins hopelessly isolated and miles from another Liverpool player because that's Rodgers new philosophy until he changes his mind and has a different philosophy next week.

Anyone would think he's just making it up as he goes along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ya.......BR doesn't need us to beat Norwich.......sure we nearly won the league a few seasons ago......

Sturridge coming back is the final roll of the dice for BR. He also needs to keep him fit. To start him is pure desperation.

5starpool wrote: »
    What's the definition of a must win game for you or do you consider that there is such a thing?

6 games into a league season is not a must win game. As much as you and others would like to think it is.

I would believe that he's fit but there's not a hope in hell he's match fit. How could he be without any minutes under his belt?

Are you familiar with the concept of easing in players after long term injuries?

• Advertisement

I would believe that he's fit but there's not a hope in hell he's match fit. How could he be without any minutes under his belt?

Are you familiar with the concept of easing in players after long term injuries?

Of course he's not match fit, I never insinuated he was.

To me, it makes zero difference to have him start or come from the bench. If anything, there's less chance of something going wrong if he starts due to a much better warm up pre-kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wasn't Sturridge sh!te rusty for his whole run of games last season?

Now he's able to just walk back into the team?

6 games into a league season is not a must win game. As much as you and others would like to think it is.

For a manager in Rodgers position it might be very close to just that. I don't think he'll necessarily be sacked if we don't win, but I think the crowd will likely turn on him, especially if we lose.

Things are close to breaking point for the crowd I think and he needs a win to ease the pressure a bit.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wasn't Sturridge sh!te rusty for his whole run of games last season?

Now he's able to just walk back into the team?

I love how all this has come from one person saying he may be starting btw :)

For a manager in Rodgers position it might be very close to just that. I don't think he'll necessarily be sacked if we don't win, but I think the crowd will likely turn on him, especially if we lose.

Things are close to breaking point for the crowd I think and he needs a win to ease the pressure a bit.

I really beg to differ. I have heard nothing from the crowd to say he should be concerned for his job. People like you and I sitting here have no bearing on his job.

I fully expect a few Brendan Rodgers songs tomorrow from the crowd.

Genuine question.

Do you ignore the previous 15 months?

SlickRic wrote: »
    Genuine question.

Do you ignore the previous 15 months?

Of course not but I'm also smart enough to see that FSG didn't sack him after Stoke when they would have been justified in doing so, instead they have backed him to the hilt,therefore he won't be gone anytime soon.

Sturridge is the main player for Rodgers and his system, if he gets fit and we don't see an improvement then we will see him in trouble. At the moment though? He has nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Of course not but I'm also smart enough to see that FSG didn't sack him after Stoke when they would have been justified in doing so, instead they have backed him to the hilt,therefore he won't be gone anytime soon.

Sturridge is the main player for Rodgers and his system, if he gets fit and we don't see an improvement then we will see him in trouble. At the moment though? He has nothing to worry about.

He spends over 200 million on players since buying Sturridge, yet an injury prone Sturridge is his main player still? Something not adding up here. :confused:

Of course he's not match fit, I never insinuated he was.

To me, it makes zero difference to have him start or come from the bench. If anything, there's less chance of something going wrong if he starts due to a much better warm up pre-kickoff.

All I'm going to say to you is there's some very good reasons why top level managers pretty much never throw a player coming back from a long term injury, with no reserve team football under his belt, into a competitive match from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Well maybe he needs to pull his head out of his hole and start worrying about something because we've been absolutely shite since the start of last season. If his whole "system" relies on Daniel Sturridge then it's not much of a system to begin with.

All I'm going to say to you is there's some very good reasons why top level managers pretty much never throw a player coming back from a long term injury, with no reserve team football under his belt, into a competitive match from the start.

Can we have some evidence that he is starting tomorrow before the lambasting of Rodgers begins properly?

I really beg to differ. I have heard nothing from the crowd to say he should be concerned for his job. People like you and I sitting here have no bearing on his job.

I fully expect a few Brendan Rodgers songs tomorrow from the crowd.

There may be a couple if we actually play some decent football and score a couple of goals. If we play as we have for the last 12 months though there won't be much.

I haven't been to a game this season, but I was at a few at the back end of last season and there was quite a few 'misgivings' shall we say about him, and of those that I talked to none were convinced about him although not in mutiny at that point.

If we lose tomorrow there will be lots of discontent from the crowd.

Can we have some evidence that he is starting tomorrow before the lambasting of Rodgers begins properly?

This is the rumours thread, not the evidence thread.

Glad to see you are settling back in so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I can't wait to have Sturridge up alongside Benteke and see how we play but I don't think it will be tomorrow.

I would be very happy though if Rodgers only selects one #10 unless he plays Couthino in a deeper role.

The word 'if' featured heavily in the initial posts. Of course nobody knows whether he'll start him or not. I won't believe he will until I see his name on the team sheet!

• Advertisement

This is the rumours thread, not the evidence thread.

Glad to see you are settling back in so well.

I heard a rumour Sturridge is out for the rest of the season with a torn arse muscle. Rodgers out.

Wait...What?

This started with me saying 'if' Sturridge starts, Rodgers is desperate.

You disagreed.
    I argued back.
    You said this isn't must win tomorrow.
    Others disagreed, including me.
    You argued.

All of this was fine, and the conversation had moved on.

All of this was under the premise that Sturridge starting is a rumour. Everyone knows this. At no point did anyone lambast Rodgers for anything regarding tomorrow's game, because guess what? We can't. Because it's a rumour.

So your asking for evidence is weird.

Anyway...fans will be pissed if we lose tomorrow, and will let it be known if it happens. And much if it will be directed at Rodgers. I've no doubt about that.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Wait...What?

This started with me saying 'if' Sturridge starts, Rodgers is desperate.

You disagreed.
    I argued back.
    You said this isn't must win tomorrow.
    Others disagreed, including me.
    You argued.

All of this was fine, and the conversation had moved on.

All of this was under the premise that Sturridge starting is a rumour. Everyone knows this. At no point did anyone lambast Rodgers for anything regarding tomorrow's game, because guess what? We can't. Because it's a rumour.

So your asking for evidence is weird.

Anyway...fans will be pissed if we lose tomorrow, and will let it be known if it happens. And much if it will be directed at Rodgers. I've no doubt about that.

You shouldn't argue, we're all adults here. Let's just have a simple talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

IMO tomorrow pretty much has to be (but likely won't be);

Mig
    Skrtel---Sakho
    Clyne
    Lucas
    Moreno
    Milner
    Coutinho
    Firmino
    Ings----Benteke

Everyone playing in a position they've actually performed well in before, reasonably balanced, with plenty going forward against Norwich. Sturridge to get 20 or 30 mins in place of Ings. Can on for Lucas, and maybe Lallana or Ibe on for Firmino, depending what we need at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I can't wait to have Sturridge up alongside Benteke and see how we play but I don't think it will be tomorrow.

I would be very happy though if Rodgers only selects one #10 unless he plays Couthino in a deeper role.
    Well, let's see what happens. I hope that the return of Sturridge can motivate this team into better things, as it does seem to be Rodgers' final crutch. However, I am not confident. Even if we win tomorrow, I can see us just stuttering our way until the next fcuk up.

• Advertisement

It's a must win game for sure.

In fact, a loss tomorrow would see Rodgers sacked imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's a must win game for sure.

In fact, a loss tomorrow would see Rodgers sacked imo

What about a draw!?!

What about a draw!?!

I'd probably keep him in a job until Villa game. It shouldn't though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's a chance we could end up 16th tomorrow. A team I presume FGS expect to reach top 4. I wonder if Rodgers considers it a must win, or is he fairly calm about it, cause we're only 6 games in.

Grayditch wrote: »
    There's a chance we could end up 16th tomorrow. A team I presume FGS expect to reach top 4. I wonder if Rodgers considers it a must win, or is he fairly calm about it, cause we're only 6 games in.

Chelsea were 17th last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What about a draw!?!
    A draw means we can limp along for another few weeks playing the same old sh!te.

Probably a likely scenario.

Grayditch wrote: »

You can be sure even if we did end up 16th tomorrow there'll be lads with their heads buried in the sand still defending him

An absolute anomaly that has no grounds for a comparison for so many reasons.

:rolleyes:

They are current league champions ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Coutinho is on Footie Focus, speaking Portuguese! C'mon lad try.

Yeah, thats not really good enough.

• Advertisement

I'd say Newcastle are desperate to play us and get a few points on the board.

:rolleyes:

They are current league champions ffs

Any evidence of that?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Any evidence of that?

I know a guy who knows a guy that said it's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My Guess.

Mignolet

-Clyne
    Skrtel----Sakho---Moreno-

Lucas

Milner
    Can

Coutinho

Sturridge---Benteke

Sakho has to come back in. Who'll he replace is debatable. Skrtel has been as bad or even worse than Lovren. I'd probably say worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

haha, motd just showed "that" Rosenthal miss.

1992!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You can be sure even if we did end up 16th tomorrow there'll be lads with their heads buried in the sand still defending him

That's a bit ostrich coming from you.

1992 Souness was manager. We screamed mediocre.

Rodgers is even worse! Jaysus

mosstin wrote: »
    That's a bit ostrich coming from you.

Not really sure what you mean. Explain

• Advertisement

I got it.

Lolz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement