Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

Grayditch wrote: »
    I got it.

Lolz.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1337944_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Barcelona like.
    How I'd play. We need to form a front 3 that are a huge threat and play on the front foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that midfield would be destroyed but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

1337944_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Barcelona like.
    How I'd play. We need to form a front 3 that are a huge threat and play on the front foot.

There'd be more balance in a one-legged drunk tbh. You can't play with that many attacking players and expect to do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Let's go crazy ... it's only Norwich.

1337952_Liverpool.jpg

There's no room for Lallana in the team because he'd slow things down, lose possession and then poor Sakho would have his ar$e handed to him by the entire Norwich team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

garra wrote: »
    He spends over 200 million on players since buying Sturridge, yet an injury prone Sturridge is his main player still? Something not adding up here. :confused:

Well, when fit, Sturridge is still the 2nd best striker in the league.
    He really is a phenomenal talent.

200m isn't really relevant when he only cost us 12m.
    5starpool wrote: »
    This is the rumours thread, not the evidence thread.

Glad to see you are settling back in so well.

I, for one, vote that the next Superthread is called Superthread Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Evidence Thread 2015/16
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

They are current league champions ffs

I did like the cautionary point in the recent Tomkins article that Mourinho has, for all his apparent genius, had 2 good seasons in the last 5(+ probably not winning a whole lot this season).
    http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/09/is-it-time-for-rodgers-to-go/

Unsurprsingly rambling but it contains quite a fair few reasonable points in it.
    The usual on that front.

Ultimately, it speaks to the at-best ambivalence since the summer.
    When you have managers of the quality of Klopp and Ancelotti hanging around, obviously this kind of performance is going to be looked at pretty harshly.

Rodgers is, fittingly, a bit like Allen. He has his strong points, and there were some great games from him a while back, but he's shown some serious and probably incorrigible faults. If you can maybe build up some momentum, things could get back to a pretty good state of affairs, but ultimately, when you look around Europe, there's some quality options available, and you'd be remiss if you didn't give them some very strong consideration to replace him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    There'd be more balance in a one-legged drunk tbh. You can't play with that many attacking players and expect to do well.

Firmino in my Neymar
    Sturridge my Suarez
    Ibe my Messi
    Counthino my Iniesta
    Lallana my Rakitic
    Milner my Busquets

You don't need giants in midfield, what you need is control and cleverness .
    Barcelona line up like my team week in week out, they do ok .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

but those players aren't as good as the barca players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

but those players aren't as good as the barca players

You're not listening, Ibe is his Messi.

What Rodgers finds hard to do is put a team together out of the player we have, and to play them in their actual positions. I just put them where they belong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Firmino in my Neymar
    Sturridge my Suarez
    Ibe my Messi
    Counthino my Iniesta
    Lallana my Rakitic
    Milner my Busquets

Jaysus. Looking at this... we're not that far behind Barcelona.

Alphabetically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Firmino in my Neymar
    Sturridge my Suarez
    Ibe my Messi
    Counthino my Iniesta
    Lallana my Rakitic
    Milner my Busquets

Lost is your mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Steven Gerrard to return around Christmas as player manager.

Also, wtf are we/Brod treating Sahko the way we have and then offering him a five year deal? Are we 'playing hardball' by dropping him out of the team. No matter what the reasons, it is retarded.

Brod out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

6 games into a league season is not a must win game. As much as you and others would like to think it is.

A home game for Liverpool FC against a newly promoted side should always be a must win game no matter what time of the season. Alas these days, there seems to be a sad, sad acceptance and attempted justification of mediocre performance and results from some quarters on this forum. Its kinda sad. I mean literally sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we dont get a result today this thread will be put into protective custody for its own protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Firmino in my Neymar
    Sturridge my Suarez
    Ibe my Messi
    Counthino my Iniesta
    Lallana my Rakitic
    Milner my Busquets

Ibe is more messy than messi.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I feel like this team would do well for us.

A lot of energy in midfield. Lucas protecting the back 4. Benteke staying put up front and giving Coutinho a free role.

Give Gomez, Firmino, Lovren, Can, Ibe and Ings a chance from the bench to force their way into the first team.

1338045_Liverpool.jpg

* Obviously I mean when everyone is fully fit and not suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats very narrow. Coutinho and Sturridge are not going to stay out wide.

It can absolutely work, but it requires your fullbacks doing an awful lot of running and understanding that they are going to be caught forward occassionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mr.H wrote: »
    I feel like this team would do well for us.

A lot of energy in midfield. Lucas protecting the back 4. Benteke staying put up front and giving Coutinho a free role.

Give Gomez, Firmino, Lovren, Can, Ibe and Ings a chance from the bench to force their way into the first team.

1338045_Liverpool.jpg

The problem with that is that you require moreno and Clyne to push on to give width. Lucas doesn't have the legs to cover the inevitable gaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

My worry is that we dont have many wide options. Ibe is our only real option. Firmino wants to play Coutinhos role (maybe a little further forward. Sturridge wants Bentekes role and Milner and Hendo want the same role.

We have too many players who play the same positions.

I choose Moreno and Clyne (as oppose to throwing in Gomez who has been very good) as they can both get forward and add width. It is a concern though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We need Joe Allen back. There. I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think a diamond with Sturidge & Benteke might not work that well unless Sturridge is somehow in the form of 13/14. They don't press well meaning Norwich or when we play better teams will easily play out out from the back & will get 2v1's on the wings too. We had Suarez up front when it worked. I remember we played it vs West Ham & got hammered 3-1 don't think we saw it since that game. I would prefer a 4-3-3 with Sturrige playing high uo the pitch on the right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think a diamond with Sturidge & Benteke might not work that well unless Sturridge is somehow in the form of 13/14. They don't press well meaning Norwich or when we play better teams will easily play out out from the back & will get 2v1's on the wings too. We had Suarez up front when it worked. I remember we played it vs West Ham & got hammered 3-1 don't think we saw it since that game. I would prefer a 4-3-3 with Sturrige playing high uo the pitch on the right.

Who plays on the left?

Where do you play Coutinho?

A diamond is 100% the best formation for this squad.

It's awful to see just how underrated Sturridge has become since his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No it's not.

He's not under-rated, people just aren't pretending he is the answer to all our woes.

When one also considers the severity of his injury problems there is no sense in relying on him or not expecting his abilities will have diminished.

Also, we've still yet to see the effect on him in not having a Suarez around. I expect it will be significant.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    No it's not.

He's not under-rated, people just aren't pretending he is the answer to all our woes.

When one also considers the severity of his injury problems there is no sense in relying on him or not expecting his abilities will have diminished.

Also, we've still yet to see the effect on him in not having a Suarez around. I expect it will be significant.

If he is fit, he is behind only Aguero and Costa as the best striker in the league. Usually when a Liverpool player is out injured for a substantial period of time they become a reincarnation of the greatest players of all time, see Lucas as an example. It's strange to see the same thing not applied to Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What Rodgers finds hard to do is put a team together out of the player we have, and to play them in their actual positions. I just put them where they belong.

As long as you put Lovren beside Paul konchesky, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Vicxas wrote: »
    If we dont get a result today this thread will be put into protective custody for its own protection

Like the Spurs thread.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Who plays on the left?

Where do you play Coutinho?

A diamond is 100% the best formation for this squad.

a 4-3-3 that could work

Mignolet
    Clyne----Gomez----Sakho---Moreno
    Lucas
    Milner----Coutinho
    --Sturridge---Benteke----Firmino

or a 3-5-2

Mignolet
    Can
    Gomez
    Sakho
    Clyne
    Lucas
    Milner
    Moreno
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Benteke

2 better formations I think better than the diamond.

If he is fit, he is behind only Aguero and Costa as the best striker in the league.

He has barely kicked a ball in over a year. Let's wait and see how he goes.
    Usually when a Liverpool player is out injured for a substantial period of time they become a reincarnation of the greatest players of all time, see Lucas as an example. It's strange to see the same thing not applied to Sturridge.

You're talking ****.

Even if the Lucas thing were true (it's not), you're wanting the same retarded logic that you disagree with to apply to Sturridge, despite the fact you know it's retarded, just so you can all uber positive. Cringe worthy.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    a 4-3-3 that could work

Mignolet
    Clyne----Gomez----Sakho---Moreno
    Lucas
    Milner----Coutinho
    --Sturridge---Benteke----Firmino

or a 3-5-2

Mignolet
    Can
    Gomez
    Sakho
    Clyne
    Lucas
    Milner
    Moreno
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Benteke

2 better formations I think than the diamond.

While I love the idea of no Skrtel, I just don't think Gomez is ready to be first choice yet, also I hope to never see Can in defence for us again.

Firmino needs to be played up front or behind a striker, he isn't a winger, neither is Sturridge. A front 2 of Benteke and Sturridge with Coutinho behind could be devastating.

I would like to see Coutinho dropped into the middle with Firmino at the tip of the diamond alongside Henderson and Milner(when all fit obviously). The energy of the 2 English lads would just allow Coutinho to roam wherever he wanted.

You're talking ****.

Even if the Lucas thing were true (it's not), you're wanting the same retarded logic that you disagree with to apply to Sturridge, despite the fact you know it's retarded, just so you can all uber positive. Cringe worthy.

The Lucas thing is very true unfortunately. When he was out injured he went from a very good player to the love child of Roy Keane and Makelele.

I don't want anything to agree with me, I'm stating a fact.

The Lucas thing is very true unfortunately. When he was out injured he went from a very good player to the love child of Roy Keane and Makelele.

I don't want anything to agree with me, I'm stating a fact.

You and Rodgers are a match made in heaven. Blind delusion.

You and Rodgers are a match made in heaven. Blind delusion.

I wish :(

While I love the idea of no Skrtel, I just don't think Gomez is ready to be first choice yet, also I hope to never see Can in defence for us again.

Firmino needs to be played up front or behind a striker, he isn't a winger, neither is Sturridge. A front 2 of Benteke and Sturridge with Coutinho behind could be devastating.

I would like to see Coutinho dropped into the middle with Firmino at the tip of the diamond alongside Henderson and Milner(when all fit obviously). The energy of the 2 English lads would just allow Coutinho to roam wherever he wanted.

This makes sense and I'd like to at least see it tried for a few games. I doubt we will tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We need Joe Allen back. There. I said it.

That says more about our recruitment policy than Joe Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got out an old Delia Smith book and made a Delia breakfast for the day that's in it.

SlickRic wrote: »
    That says more about our recruitment policy than Joe Allen.

Yeah it probably does but that can't be changed at the minute. For all the abuse he gets I think we look a better team when he plays.

Anything would be better than the skitther we've served up so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm going to have my usual Sunday breakfast of boiled egg & soldiers.

Yeah it probably does but that can't be changed at the minute. For all the abuse he gets I think we look a better team when he plays.

Anything would be better than the skitther we've served up so far this season.

Constantly a better team when he is in it. I'm sure if he was Spanish and signed by an ex manager he wouldn't be slated at all. A much better option than Can at the moment.

Got out an old Delia Smith book and made a Delia breakfast for the day that's in it.

Suarez used to cook up a lovely Ruddy on toast but he's gone so who knows what we'll get.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    My worry is that we dont have many wide options. Ibe is our only real option. Firmino wants to play Coutinhos role (maybe a little further forward. Sturridge wants Bentekes role and Milner and Hendo want the same role.

We have too many players who play the same positions.

I choose Moreno and Clyne (as oppose to throwing in Gomez who has been very good) as they can both get forward and add width. It is a concern though

Moreno has to play if it's a diamond. I think Hendo could be turned into a very good dm for that system. He has a good range of passing and has great athleticism something all our dms have lacked since mascherano. It's a shame he is injured.

Moreno has to play if it's a diamond. I think Hendo could be turned into a very good dm for that system. He has a good range of passing and has great athleticism something all our dms have lacked since mascherano. It's a shame he is injured.

If we play with a diamond and it's not Moreno at left back then there would be something seriously wrong. Gomez has the potential to be great but not as a marauding full back.

I would love to see a midfield 4 of

----Henderson----

Milner----Coutinho

Firmino----

If we play with a diamond and it's not Moreno at left back then there would be something seriously wrong. Gomez has the potential to be great but not as a marauding full back.

I would love to see a midfield 4 of

----Henderson----

Milner----Coutinho

Firmino----

That would be my preffered 4 also. However I'm assuming firmino is the player he is supposed to be as I have seen nothing to get excited about from him to date.

That would be my preffered 4 also. However I'm assuming firmino is the player he is supposed to be as I have seen nothing to get excited about from him to date.

You won't get excited about him being played as a wing back anyway :)

He needs to play behind a striker and that's when you'll get the best out of him. Anything else (bar as a second striker) is a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

V Norwich

J Mysterio wrote: »
    V Norwich

Firmino as a central midfielder? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Firmino as a central midfielder? Really?

RAMF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

If he is fit, he is behind only Aguero and Costa as the best striker in the league. Usually when a Liverpool player is out injured for a substantial period of time they become a reincarnation of the greatest players of all time, see Lucas as an example. It's strange to see the same thing not applied to Sturridge.
    Haven't you just done that?

Talisman wrote: »
    Haven't you just done that?

No, I have stated that he is behind Aguero and Costa as the best striker in the league. If I was over rating him I would be comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Suarez used to cook up a lovely Ruddy on toast but he's gone so who knows what we'll get.

I'd say whatever it is it will have been all thrown into a pot and mixed together with the hope something good will come from it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement