Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd say whatever it is it will have been all thrown into a pot and mixed together with the hope something good will come from it.

A whatever is left in the fridge stew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

A whatever is left in the fridge stew.

Downing would probably provide more threat than Ibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I've been supporting Liverpool FC since around 1980, have seen the best of times and the worst of times and all the years of meh times in between. I've come close to quitting the Reds over the years but have never actually been able to do it. It's in the blood or something, and can't be stopped. After the Utd game I was very peed off. I told myself that I would not watch them again till Rodgers is gone. That's not an empty threat either. Even up until yesterday I had no plans on watching the game today. Was going to go fishing instead. But waking up to a rainy day has changed all that. It's a day for the couch and what do we watch on rainy days? Liverpool FC hopefully kicking ass!

I can't not watch Liverpool play. As bad as we can be, it's damn near impossible not to watch them. It's a home game against Norwich. We should (?) be winning this one. If Rodgers plays norvel I will probably cry a little more inside. But I will still watch them. If we win I will be happy for a while and if we lose I will probably vent some of my frustration on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's not a good sign for the manager when I stop being arsed watching us play, it signals the end is nigh for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

4-1
    Liverpool

West Ham was a poor day at the office.

Man Utd could happen any year.

10 points after 6 games, you would have took that at the start of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Sturridge starts today according to Sky. Carra's immediate response: 'Managers under pressure. The BR of 2013 wouldn't have done this'.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully if he is playing, Sturridge won't be as rusty and off the pace as he was last year, but it may well be inevitable given how long he was out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Just worried with his injury history. Despair if he breaks down again what with Hendo earlier in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A very good read this is the last few paragraphs.

Also in it FSG wanted Gerrard to shadow Rodgers and learn from him.
    For all the disquiet, though, Gordon and Ayre remain convinced by Rodgers and provided their word continues to hold sway, he will not be sacked. The message going back to America from Chapel Street is one of hope, that everything will be fine as soon as Henderson, Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho return from injury and suspension.

Should Gordon and Ayre be overruled, however, insiders say it is unlikely to FSG will turn to the manager who many regard as being a natural Liverpool manager, Jürgen Klopp. At Borussia Dortmund the charismatic Klopp enjoyed a wonderful relationship with the club’s passionate support and brought them remarkable success.

Klopp resigned at the end of last season to tumultuous acclaim and is said to be keen to work in England. However, it seems that Fenway have been warned against hiring the German, presumably by someone with first-hand practice of working with him.

From Rodgers’ point of view, that bit of advice might be very good news indeed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/brendan-rodgers-under-pressure-liverpool-manager-has-to-prove-himself-again-10509376.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I've come close to quitting the Reds

Stopped reading at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd not want Gerrard anywhere near the levers of power. As for Gordon and Ayre they stand or fall with Rodgers arguably so no surprise they are backing him. While Klopp is probably a bit of a loose nut at times, many of the best managers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If you play
    Firmino_Sturridge_Ibe_ as a three with Counthino and Lallana in midfield with Milner or Lucas as a holding player , there is no reason for our fullbacks to provide width, or to even venture forward. Means we are solid at back, while being a huge threat up front.
    Of course with this line up you need pressure on the ball from the front players, can't give opposing team time to play out or time in midfield. You need those front players to drop in and harass to win ball back, lay if off and bomb forward. The security is the five holding players, who I would not want to lose their positions, just defend and lay it off to mIdfield and play a high line. Need to close space.

_____Sturridge____
    Firm___________Ibe__
    ____Cout_Lalala____
    ______Milner_____
    Gomez_________Cylne_
    ___Sakho___Skrte

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

If you play
    Firmino_Sturridge_Ibe_ as a three with Counthino and Lallana in midfield with Milner or Lucas as a holding player , there is no reason for our fullbacks to provide width, or to even venture forward. Means we are solid at back, while being a huge threat up front.
    Of course with this line up you need pressure on the ball from the front players, can't give opposing team time to play out or time in midfield. You need those front players to drop in and harass to win ball back, lay if off and bomb forward. The security is the five holding players, who I would not want to lose their positions, just defend and lay it off to mIdfield and play a high line. Need to close space.

_____Sturridge____
    Firm___________Ibe__
    ____Cout_Lalala____
    ______Milner_____
    Gomez_________Cylne_
    ___Sakho___Skrte

Benteke says hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If you play

_____Sturridge____
    Firm___________Ibe__
    ____Cout_Lalala____
    ______Milner_____
    Gomez_________Cylne_
    ___Sakho___Skrte
    might work in Fifa maybe. Think your forgetting u need a midfield to lay the ball to. Big difference playing in midfield with your back to play alot. Lallana with how many touches he takes would lose countless balls. Milner isn't a DM. We would also have no width on the left with that team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Stopped reading at this point.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Why?

I had to answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It's not a good sign for the manager when I stop being arsed watching us play, it signals the end is nigh for them.

So they come to you and hey Je suis Mario do you still if not then itsokay he is gone ya right. Do i do think it is time for a new manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

B17G wrote: »
    Sturridge starts today according to Sky. Carra's immediate response: 'Managers under pressure. The BR of 2013 wouldn't have done this'.

Every decision Rodgers makes now will be under intense scrutiny from the pundits given recent performances. The options for introducing Sturridge back into the team are to bring him on for 20 mins at the end of a game or to start him for 60 mins and then sub him, he is opting for the latter and I have no issue with that. If his fast twitch muscles cannot cope with 60 minutes after his lengthy rehabilitiation he is a lost cause anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really hope these Fsg selling rumours are true because after reading that independent article (if in anyway is true) they seem clueless and lack ambition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Any Lawrence on BBC: "I do have some sympathy for Brendan Rodgers, although there are things he’s done that certain Liverpool fans seem to find unforgivable."

Anyone have an inkling what she is on about?

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Really hope these Fsg selling rumours are true because after reading that independent article (if in anyway is true) they seem clueless with ambition

Clueless with ambition .
    Still dangerous
    So much money spent and still no team

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

garra wrote: »
    Any Lawrence on BBC: "I do have some sympathy for Brendan Rodgers, although there are things he’s done that certain Liverpool fans seem to find unforgivable."

Buying sh1t players? Not playing others? Playing 1 up front for over a year when it hasn't worked in the majority of games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Constantly play elvorn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bluffed his way in to a Job in which he is completely out of his depth, wasted hundreds of millions on dross, let his 2 coaches take the fall for last season, talks complete bo**cks all the time, isolated players, plays players out of position etc etc.

Excepting defeat to Man U and Real Madrid before a ball was kicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wonder will we start the game passing it around a bit, losing the ball. Going forward with no real plan and getting pressed back.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wonder will we start the game passing it around a bit, losing the ball. Going forward with no real plan and getting pressed back.

Probably. If it ain't bro.....oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge

If we don't win today with that starting Xl Rodgers should be sacked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

At least there is a bit of balance to that team. With nearly all players playing in their best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I still don't understand that if that's his ideal team, why Ings hasn't been starting.

So fúcking odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

SlickRic wrote: »
    I still don't understand that of that's his ideal team, why Ings hasn't been starting.

So fúcking odd.

Was thinking this myself.

6-0 win and Southampton winning and top 4 is ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge
    U

If we don't win today with that starting Xl Rodgers should be sacked straight away.

That was my thoughts too, I'm very apprehensive about starting Sturridge after the injuries he's had. I would have Ings in there instead and bring Sturridge on for 20 minutes or so.

I really hope Sturridge and Benteke hit the ground running and score like 20 goals n stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

6-0 win and Southampton winning and top 4 is ours.

Will be dissapointed if Sturridge doesn't hit at least 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yes, I hope Benteke and Sturridge can fire us to Top 4 and in turn keep BR in a job, I'm sure we all want that in an ideal world.

At least there is a bit of balance to that team. With nearly all players playing in their best position.

We haven't seen where they'll be playing yet. Would have thought Ings would have played up top in midweek but he was more like a wing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pint of optimism please, lads.

Need something to recover from last night, and I'll be fucking damned before I turn to the GAA for my afternoon's excitement.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Will be dissapointed if Sturridge doesn't hit at least 5.

I'll be happy if he passes it 5 times to Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Sturridge just pulled up 2mins into the ****ing warmup and is now gone back down the tunnel

You couldn't make this **** up!

Except I just did......Enjoy the game everyone! :D

• Advertisement

I'll be happy if he passes it 5 times to Benteke.

Don't be so greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Knex. wrote:
    Need something to recover from last night, and I'll be ****ing damned before I turn to the GAA for my afternoon's excitement.

I'll be multitasking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

x43r0 wrote: »
    Sturridge just pulled up 2mins into the ****ing warmup and is now gone back down the tunnel

I hope you suffer a violent and painful demise.

Very happy to see that line up, sakho can bring ball out so Lucas can be helped in that regard, Milner & can will have a bit of ground to cover, no fear of Milner but can seems a tad lazy at times. For the team to be fluid they'll both need to be box to box imo.

I do hope sturridges comeback goes well, I hope he benefits from Benteke's knockdowns etc but I also hope they spark a footballing relationship.

Coutinho without lallana or firminio about can pull all the strings if he's on form.

No excuses, Norwich need to be beaten today, 10 pts from opening 6 games will do the job all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A win + no injuries = a joyous weekend of sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Gbear wrote: »
    A win + no injuries = a joyous weekend of sport.

Plus a united loss will do nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

x43r0 wrote: »

You DICK :P

Big chance for Milner to show what he is about too, CM at home against Norwich with Lucas behind, coutinho ahead, a bit of an apprentice alongside in Can but still.

Sakho should prosper too, Lucas ahead of him, Moreno needing guidance perhaps, make Rodgers mind up for him re lovren, make the starting place your own.

Moreno with no recognised winger ahead of him & a capable CB inside should be doing similar, make Gomez fight for a CB place, not LB.

Shouldnt be hard to get a performance out if the starting 11 :)

We look pumped up for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We look pumped up for this
    3 or 4 at the back?

3 or 4 at the back?

Can, Skrtel & Sahko from what I can see.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement