Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've become so used to this that I'm numb to it now. I'll always be a Liverpool supporter, but I cannot actually be arsed watching this tripe anymore.

It's easy to say that the management has to be changed, but the blame has to be placed on the players too. When Stevie was here, we had a player who although wasn't at his best the last year or two, but he always took the game by the scruff of its neck and made an actually fcuking effort. Some of the players in this team disgust me with their attitude, and to blame Rodgers (who must go) alone is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Rightly or wrongly they aren't playing for him anymore.1-1 against Norwich at home. Disgrace

Love this :) the butthurt is amazing.

Would you just go away. You're clearly not a real fan if you're putting up with this shîte. You never add anything useful to this thread, just delusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Rather have Gary Mac as interim for the rest of the season than Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah I'm done. Get Klopp in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd take Gary Monk right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Coutinho's all round game is still very good. He's a huge part of putting teams on the back foot.

But his decision making has been ****ing atrocious this season.

He's putting too much pressure on himself to be the match winner.

We really really really really should've won that.

Still, regardless what comes, you can see what both this team and this squad is capable of.

A lot of good footballers in there, and it looks like we might well have legitimate attacking options on the bench for the first time in bloody ages.

Annoyed, but at least now I feel like we can actually see where the results might come from.
    One swallow does't make a summer, and Rodgers really will be on his last legs if we can't push on from this and beat Villa.

Sakho was just glorious.
    I'd love to know what the **** was going on and why he hasn't been in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    More mediocre nonsense.

Please sack him. This is getting like the end of the Hodgson era

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97087813&postcount=260

So which is it?

I'd take Gary Megson now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Why wasn't Ings starting with Benteke from the start of the season.

Why weren't Sakho and Moreno playing from the start of the season.

It shouldn't be underestimated the significance that any permutation of these two questions have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Thought Moreno played well today, created loads of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I'd settle for Mike Bassett tbh

You suggesting that Rarnes is posting under two usernames or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It was encouraging but rodgers doesn't have any rope left. Thought we deserved to win for the first time in a while but the confidence in the squad is too low and rodgers will need time to stick with this formation which he doesn't have.

I can only see a stay of execution with a good win against villa and Everton.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Wtf are you talking about?

He is going nowhere which is going to drive you lot mad for a long time time yet. It's good to see the Liverpool way no longer exists for some "fans"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Love this :) the butthurt is amazing.

Put down the joint

We've got a decent goalkeeper.
    Good fullbacks.
    A great CB and a decent one.
    Centre Mids are nothing special.
    Attacking Mids are brilliant and so are our strikers.

The squad is fine, under another manager they'd be flying.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Would you just go away. You're clearly not a real fan if you're putting up with this shîte. You never add anything useful to this thread, just delusion.

I'm not a real fan because I refuse to jump on the bashing bandwagon? Do you know what a fan is?

If you don't like my posts, repeat then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Some of the players in this team disgust me with their attitude, and to blame Rodgers (who must go) alone is ridiculous.

Ok Rogers, Mignolet, skrtel , lovren, Lucas, Lallana should all be cleared out immediately when the next manager comes in.

Rogers has plenty of money and he has pissed it all away. He has no excuse. He is a jackass. He needs to go. he is responsible for the"culture" of the club and that is probably why we are getting some many clueless, gutless performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

So I'm 1 point ahead in my head to head fixture going into todays games. I have De Gea (I know I know, he's my only one) and Clyne and my opponent has Gomez, with Russell Martin on the bench if Gomez doesn't play, oh wait...I feel physically sick right now! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

He is going nowhere which is going to drive you lot mad for a long time time yet. It's good to see the Liverpool way no longer exists for some "fans"

Seriously, why are you openly revelling and sneering at the legitimate disappointment and frustrations of fans on this forum? It's truly bizarre. What's your game?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    More mediocre nonsense.

Please sack him. This is getting like the end of the Hodgson era
    You suggesting that Rarnes is posting under two usernames or something?

:o

Grandpa-Abe-Simpson.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Seriously, why are you openly revelling and sneering at the legitimate disappointment and frustrations of fans on this forum? It's truly bizarre. What's your game?

Sure there is often fans on here giddy after we lose because they want Rodgers gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Given how tough our away games are for the first 3 months of the season we absolutely have to win our home games. In trouble if we don't.

We are in trouble.

1 point at Anfield from West Ham and Norwich is just not good enough.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Honestly ignore him. He's only back after a 3 month banning and back to his old tricks, he will be out of here in no time.

I despise the self entitlement of the modern football fan. The majority of the ones calling for his head would have done anything the man said 18 months ago and that's sad.

I despise the self entitlement of the modern football fan. The majority of the ones calling for his head would have done anything the man said 18 months ago and that's sad.

18 months is a long time in modern football

4 points and 2 goals at home from Bournemouth, West Ham and Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sure there is often fans on here giddy after we lose because they want Rodgers gone.

No one is ever 'giddy' in here after a loss. You're talking through your hole as usual.

• Advertisement

Do you think he is doing a good job now? Do you want him to continue as manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Haha. You love this kinda craic infinitely more than football.

Do you think he is doing a good job now? Do you want him to continue as manager?

I said in May that he should get until Christmas, that opinion hasn't changed.

There isn't anyone doing such things. You are just desperately hanging onto your positive view on Rodgers. Don't be so ignorant to believe anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'd prefer to be giddy because we are winning games. There's nothing to be giddy about supporting Liverpool at the moment and that's rather depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good display, unlucky not to get 3 points, Coutinho fcked up, ah well some encouraging signs.

Do go on. What are these encouraging signs?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

At least Kenny won us a cup.

I said in May that he should get until Christmas, that opinion hasn't changed.

Do you think he is doing a good job now?

K-9 wrote: »
    Do go on. What are these encouraging signs?

Moreno, Sakho, Sturridge.

At least Kenny won us a cup.

And at least Hodgson was sacked after 6 months and didn't blow £300m.

Does anyone actually feel like there will be an improvement if Rodgers remains in charge? I certainly don't.

• Advertisement

No one is ever 'giddy' in here after a loss. You're talking through your hole as usual.
    There isn't anyone doing such things. You are just desperately hanging onto your positive view on Rodgers. Don't be so ignorant to believe anything else.
    brevity wrote: »
    I'd prefer to be giddy because we are winning games. There's nothing to be giddy about supporting Liverpool at the moment and that's rather depressing.

Giddy giddy gosh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Liverpool way of having high standards certainly has dropped among the fans.

I'm a fan, loyal to Liverpool FC. Not Brendan Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I thought that there was clear signs of improvement in todays performance.

Well for at least an hour anyway.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I thought that there was clear signs of improvement in todays performance.

Well for at least an hour anyway.

There was, hard for some to see it with all the red mist around.

Do you think he is doing a good job now?

No worse than he was in May when he was backed by the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does anyone actually feel like there will be an improvement if Rodgers remains in charge? I certainly don't.

Ah, there probably will. A natural slight one as some players start to work together. But I'd like to see the inevitable happen sooner than later so we don't have to watch him struggle to hit 6th, talking nonsense the whole way.

And at least Hodgson was sacked after 6 months and didn't blow £300m.

And Dalglish signed Suarez, the player who fooled us into thinking Rodgers was a genius

There was an improvement because we played with two strikers, a decision that any idiot could see was necessary. We still drew to Norwich at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No worse than he was in May when he was backed by the owners.

And you think he was doing a good job in May?

It'll only happen if the players overcome the manager's inertia. Sturridge alone will make the team more watchable and can also make the difference with goals but it's hard to see Rodgers ever setting up the side to make the absolute best of what he has - which is actually a very decent squad. The next thing to look for will be Sturridge and Benteke playing at a distance instead of together and how long it takes for the manager to see it's a waste of both.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement