Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

No worse than he was in May when he was backed by the owners.

This is acceptable to you, yes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Alonso77 wrote: »
    This is acceptable to you, yes?

I don't recall saying that, could you link me to a post where I did so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Moreno, Sakho, Sturridge.

You say Moreno and Sakho as if that's a good thing, the manager obviously didn't think they were that great considering he kept picking Lovren and Gomez.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I don't recall saying that, could you link me to a post where I did so?

I'm asking you. Question marks imply a question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Everyone will have thought today was better. You'd have to be blind not to.

The malaise is unacceptable though.

And as much as we looked decent for a while today, we still looked bereft of clear ideas in the final third.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    I'm asking you. Question marks imply a question.

Nope it's not acceptable but I am willing to give him a decent amount of time to turn it around. If, by Christmas, things haven't changed I'll ask you to move over and give me a seat on the bashing bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Booing from sections of the Kop at the end...dead man walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Booing from sections of the Kop at the end...dead man walking.

Those lads over there aren't real fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The boos were deafining. He's a dead man walking. Time to get rid and try get klopp in asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Does anyone actually feel like there will be an improvement if Rodgers remains in charge? I certainly don't.

If he stuck with the same formation and played 2 strikers like today I could. Get the side scoring again, tails up and dominating at home then build from there but as I said he's out of time. He needed a win today to relieve the pressure, he absolutely has to win against villa and Everton to stand any chance of continuing as manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

K-9 wrote: »
    You say Moreno and Sakho as if that's a good thing, the manager obviously didn't think they were that great considering he kept picking Lovren and Gomez.

*It was great management, gave them a kick up the hole and now they came back hungrier and better, top notch Rodgering imo.
    *Just playing the opposite game to 'Blame Rodgers'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not sure we strung 10 passes together in whole game, all a bit rush rush with no direction.
    Need to show some control in midfield and pass it about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

So these are our next couple of league games. It is going to turn in to a car crash!
    • Villa
    • Everton
    • Spurs
    • Southampton
    • Chelsea
    • palace
    • City
    • Swansea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure we strung 10 passes together in whole game, all a bit rush rush with no direction.

Not true, there were a couple of genuine passages of quick neat interaction around the Norwich area then Coutinho shot wide :pac:

Nope it's not acceptable but I am willing to give him a decent amount of time to turn it around. If, by Christmas, things haven't changed I'll ask you to move over and give me a seat on the bashing bandwagon.

good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

SlickRic wrote: »
    The Liverpool way of having high standards certainly has dropped among the fans.

I'm a fan, loyal to Liverpool FC. Not Brendan Rodgers.

Thats so funny. "loyal to Liverpool FC" me ar$e. What part of LFC exactly are you loyal to? The owners who you've slagged off? The players who you want to discard without reference to their contractual entitlements once they are deemed to be no longer required such as Lovern, Borini and Enrique? Clearly not the manager. What part of LFC are you actually loyal to i.e. that you get behind and actually support? Do you believe in the YNWA values? If so you'd get behind poorly performing players and staff not sit on the sidelines whinging and moaning like anyone with influence on these matters would actually care. We shouldn't just sing YNWA we should live it. Supporters should support through thick and thin. If the owners decide BR needs to be replaced we should support them in that decision and get behind the new manager. The king is dead long live the king and all that. Until then let's positively critique management decisions and player performances but let's not forget we're supposed to be supportive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Carlisle on Wednesday I'm sure we will win that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If they wait till then the season will be a write off. I was a big supporter but last season and the poor performances this season have taken their toll. He's got 3 league games maybe 4 left imo, that will be 10 then and will give a good indication of how he has done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Brod has looked a beaten docket since the last game of lasts season. Deer in the headlights. If Klopp is available we should be making it happen, as of quite a while ago. If he isn't, well, should be looking elsewhere.

Not some ****ing up and coming as done great with a low level/mid table club and 'deserves his shot' ****e. A ****ing winner.
    Rather have Gary Mac as interim for the rest of the season than Rodgers.

We'd only end up making him full manager and rinse repeating past mistakes.
    At least Kenny won us a cup.

We were in the semi's when we took over? He was ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bowlardo wrote: »
    So these are our next couple of league games. It is going to turn in to a car crash!
    • Villa
    • Everton
    • Spurs
    • Southampton
    • Chelsea
    • palace
    • City
    • Swansea

I can't see us winning any of those. Holy ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No one is enjoying watching the team lose. If Rodgers stays and wins the next ten games I'll admit I was wrong, it's just not likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Thats so funny. "loyal to Liverpool FC" me ar$e. What part of LFC exactly are you loyal to? The owners who you've slagged off? The players who you want to discard without reference to their contractual entitlements once they are deemed to be no longer required such as Lovern, Borini and Enrique? Clearly not the manager. What part of LFC are you actually loyal to i.e. that you get behind and actually support? Do you believe in the YNWA values? If so you'd get behind poorly performing players and staff not sit on the sidelines whinging and moaning like anyone with influence on these matters would actually care. We shouldn't just sing YNWA we should live it. Supporters should support through thick and thin. If the owners decide BR needs to be replaced we should support them in that decision and get behind the new manager. The king is dead long live the king and all that. Until then let's positively critique management decisions and player performances but let's not forget we're supposed to be supportive.

Wheres that DiCaprio Gif!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The problem is we have no midfielders that can control a game, Allen is the closest we have to that type of player. Henderson, Milner and Can all have a tendency to rush every pass, or just run into trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How many players were out of position today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Think I'd give Moreno Man of the Match. He's a bit raw but he has talent and I think used correctly we could have a decent player on the left hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

How many players were out of position today.
    Milner and Can,
    and Rodgers playing most players in their proper positions was one of the only positives in the game, which is f*cking disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Why 3 at the back at home against Norwich? The eleven players could have been easily played a 442 diamond. Teams will quite happily go to anfield confident of getting a result, there's a good crop of players here on paper that we have not seen the best of given Rodgers restraint. We need a fresh start under a new manager with new ideas and concepts, Rodgers has gone stale, time to go.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We were better today, but the result was still pants.

If we play like that and create that many chances in upcoming games we have a chance of turning things around, but with the run of fixtures coming up it's hard to see it happening.

I can see us being on around 18 points after 14 games the way things are going now. Surely that wouldn't be allowed to happen without a managerial change though as our season would be in the toilet by then pretty much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Corner turned, fourth looks like the minimum we should expect now. Norwich are no pushover and will come away from Arsenal, Chelsea and United etc. with at least no points. Milner looks every bit the midfield general and has played the captain with absolute aplomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jaysus how far have we fallen when drawing at home to Norwich is seen as an improvement.

• Advertisement

This....

This is fantastic and a lot of posters in here could do with reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Was bentekke injured or just hooked at half time?

Jaysus how far have we fallen when drawing at home to Norwich is seen as an improvement.

The performance was an improvement. Do you not think so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This.

Every day Rodgers isn't sacked is a waste

This....

This is fantastic and a lot of posters in here could do with reading it.

How far do we let it go though? You said it yourself you'd be calling for Rodgers out if the performances remain this way until Christmas so you're contradicting yourself there.

But we had a good 30 minutes against Arsenal this season we must be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »

We've gone from - 10 sh1t to - 8.

The boos from the kop were a big sign that even the faithful are tired of this malaise and uninspiring football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They were just talking about it on Sky now.. Jamie reckons he'll get to Christmas anyway seeing as the owners backed him with the cash in the summer. Gary reckons we can't compete in the transfer market.

Both probably right unfortunately.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

We didn't win nothing else matters.

Vicxas wrote: »
    We've gone from - 10 sh1t to - 8.

The boos from the kop were a big sign that even the faithful are tired of this malaise and uninspiring football.

Oh I agree. I don't think we'll pull out of the tailspin before he gets sacked. I think we should change the manager now but we won't. I would still prefer if performances and results did improve to the point we weren't having this debate though.

Boos at the end were a very bad sign for him, but it's not quite at the Rodgers out chants for the match going fans though. If we don't beat Villa it may well be that time though.

How far do we let it go though? You said it yourself you'd be calling for Rodgers out if the performances remain this way until Christmas so you're contradicting yourself there.

Not at all.

If things haven't turned around by Christmas then he will have had a fair crack at it with his own players. He will deserve the chop.

As it stands, it would be borderline ridiculous to get rid of him. Especially when you consider the alternatives because it sure as **** won't be Klopp or Ancelotti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

It was said by a few in the summer. Milner can be a decent player. But to gurantee him a CM position,150k a week, & Vice Captain was a very poor decision. Not signing a proper CM will kill our season.

Fúck sake.

Who isn't supporting the team?
    Who doesn't want them to do well?

Just because I think Rodgers is a broken docket doesn't mean I don't support the club.

I fúcking hate when it's assumed you must agree and go along with what the club is doing in order to support them. Bollocks to that.

I want the players to do well. I'm on record as saying I think there are good players in that squad. I don't think they're being given the best chance to succeed because Rodgers is out of his depth now.

Nobody wants the players to do well, and the club to win games, more than me.

Averaging a point per game since March.

Enough said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Liverpool have been underperforming for at least the last year. They've put together some runs but at some point in time it's OK to question the leadership of your club. It's no slight on you as a fan having the best interest of the club at heart.

Rodgers has had a summer where he bought freely and got a few players in, yet there has actually been no marked improvement after 6 games in the league if anything you appear to have gotten worse. A lot of Pool fans said they would give him time and granted 6 games isn't a lot but to play as clueless as they have this season means serious questions need to be asked.

Football clubs are seen by fans in numerous different ways, your way is not wrong as is nobody elses. I choose to look at my club objectively without tinted glasses on as to what we stand for, you appear to think differently however you are very much in the minority. Liverpool are a club who should be in the business of challenging for things, they have an outlay which suggest they should be top 4 or 5. This again doesn't like it will be achieved. I know as a manager in a completely different sector if I kept missing my numbers to an extent that Rodgers is I'd be out the door at this stage.

Not at all.

If things haven't turned around by Christmas then he will have had a fair crack at it with his own players. He will deserve the chop.

As it stands, it would be borderline ridiculous to get rid of him. Especially when you consider the alternatives because it sure as **** won't be Klopp or Ancelotti.

Ridiculous to get rid of a manager who has won nothing and is now in his 4th season, how so?

We didn't win nothing else matters.

Don't be silly. It's the most important metric, but not the only one, at least for me anyhow.

Ultimately winning ugly is better than losing prettily, but when you have been losing ugly, drawing playing better is a straw to clutch at.

image.jpg

Not at all.

He's had his own players for the last 15 months.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement