Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    Everyone will have thought today was better. You'd have to be blind not to.

The malaise is unacceptable though.

And as much as we looked decent for a while today, we still looked bereft of clear ideas in the final third.

I don't think we ever looked short of ideas.

We engineered plenty of space, the overlapping was good, the short passing was good, the movement was good.

We were never really just passing the ball backwards and forwards while scratching our heads.

The execution was the problem.

Sturridge's touch was understandably loose. When he's sharp, he can easily turn those little snippets of possession he picks up in the box to thundered curling strikes into the back of the net.

Milner had a few nice chances made for him but he couldn't pull them off.
    Coutinho butchered half a dozen opportunities, including the open goal he should've created for Ings.
    A few times we had players on the touchline but we couldn't find the right man, even if they were unmarked.

This isn't something I even really blame the players for.
    The final ball is thus far something that doesn't appear to be in Milner's skillset - I think a shorter game in Midfield or around the box would be the best use of him, rather than trying to be Steven Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Thats so funny. "loyal to Liverpool FC" me ar$e. What part of LFC exactly are you loyal to? The owners who you've slagged off? The players who you want to discard without reference to their contractual entitlements once they are deemed to be no longer required such as Lovern, Borini and Enrique? Clearly not the manager. What part of LFC are you actually loyal to i.e. that you get behind and actually support? Do you believe in the YNWA values? If so you'd get behind poorly performing players and staff not sit on the sidelines whinging and moaning like anyone with influence on these matters would actually care. We shouldn't just sing YNWA we should live it. Supporters should support through thick and thin. If the owners decide BR needs to be replaced we should support them in that decision and get behind the new manager. The king is dead long live the king and all that. Until then let's positively critique management decisions and player performances but let's not forget we're supposed to be supportive.

What a load of nonsense.

I'm loyal to the club, players and manager. But when it's as clear as day that they're not good enough, then get rid of them. Deeming them as not up to our standards is not being disloyal; it's being realistic. I respect them all as men, but if they're not good enough for LFC, then I'll say it.

And I'd actually spin your claims of being disloyal to the club back on you, Caovyn and the rest of the Rodgers dickriders. If you're loyal to the club, you know what our standards are, i.e. challenging for top trophies with top teams. We have only done this once in Rodgers' 4 years. If you're happy with a 25% success rate, then you clearly do not have the best interests of the club in your opinions. You have the best interests of Brendan Rodgers in your opinions.

All I'll say is, the best we can hope from this season with Rodgers in charge is a Europa League spot. We are a million miles from 4th spot with him in charge. If anyone thinks this is good enough, then they're not a Liverpool supporter. And enough of this 'wait till Christmas' bullsh*t. The way we're going, we'll be well out of contention for 4th by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Thats so funny. "loyal to Liverpool FC" me ar$e. What part of LFC exactly are you loyal to? The owners who you've slagged off? The players who you want to discard without reference to their contractual entitlements once they are deemed to be no longer required such as Lovern, Borini and Enrique? Clearly not the manager. What part of LFC are you actually loyal to i.e. that you get behind and actually support? Do you believe in the YNWA values? If so you'd get behind poorly performing players and staff not sit on the sidelines whinging and moaning like anyone with influence on these matters would actually care. We shouldn't just sing YNWA we should live it. Supporters should support through thick and thin. If the owners decide BR needs to be replaced we should support them in that decision and get behind the new manager. The king is dead long live the king and all that. Until then let's positively critique management decisions and player performances but let's not forget we're supposed to be supportive.

This really is strongly worded, sanctimonious, nonsensical bluster.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hah, just saw this tweet.
    Nate ‏@NateGuildea 19h19 hours ago
    Liverpool's leading scorer in European football in our current squad is Lucas Leiva, this is the greatest stat in the history of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

I'd say if Liverpool don't beat Villa, Rodgers will be sacked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Ridiculous to get rid of a manager who has won nothing and is now in his 4th season, how so?

So if he had win a tin pot carling cup last season nobody would be calling for his head right now? That's nonsense of the highest degree and you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Not at all.

As it stands, it would be borderline ridiculous to get rid of him. Especially when you consider the alternatives because it sure as **** won't be Klopp or Ancelotti.

This kind of statement is ridiculous, all you have to do is look at how Dortmund are doing with practically the same team under Tuchel compared to how they were playing under Klopp. Sometimes a change is needed and imo keeping Rodgers is not going to change how the team is performing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We got lucky against Stoke & Bournemouth.

We got exactly what we deserved from the Arsenal, West Ham, Bordeaux & Norwich games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Very very thin ice.

If this is a false dawn and we can't build on this performance to something genuinely good then he's gone.
    If he reverts to the puzzling lineups from earlier in the season he's gone.
    If we're good but don't get the results we deserve he's still gone.

• Advertisement

mav79 wrote: »
    This kind of statement is ridiculous, all you have to do is look at how Dortmund are doing with practically the same team under Tuchel compared to how they were playing under Klopp. Sometimes a change is needed and imo keeping Rodgers is not going to change how the team is performing.

Feck it, Rodgers out Tuchel in.

The FSG board room should look at wholesale changes.

Ayre out replaced by Nicola Cortese.

Rodgers team out and if Klopp isn't FSG choice then Emery and Monchi should be looked at big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

5starpool wrote: »
    Hah, just saw this tweet.

Against Bucharest in 2010 Uefa Cup in case anyone (like me) is bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Averaging a point per game since March.

Enough said

Time to go BR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Next 5 games:

Aston Villa (H)
    Everton (A)
    Tottenham (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Chelsea (A)

We will probably draw against Villa and lose the other 4 games.

Next 5 games:

Aston Villa (H)
    Everton (A)
    Tottenham (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Chelsea (A)

We will probably draw against Villa and lose the other 4 games.

I say we will win all 5 of them 6-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I don't listen to his pre or post match interviews anymore. I don't listen to his press conferences. He's been saying the same things for the past 12 months and we've been getting incrementally worse.
    It'll all be over soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Gbear wrote: »
    Coutinho's all round game is still very good. He's a huge part of putting teams on the back foot.

But his decision making has been ****ing atrocious this season.

He's putting too much pressure on himself to be the match winner.

This is the kind of thing I loath about this thread.

Coutinho's decision making has always been suspect. His inconsistency isn't new either. But it's new now that it suits the trend on the thread,

What a farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

3 draws and 2 losses in the last 5 games.

Very hard to defend that mediocrity.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

K-9 wrote: »
    3 draws and 2 losses in the last 5 games.

Very hard to defend that mediocrity.

Fupp him out. Rodgers has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

mosstin wrote: »
    I don't listen to his pre or post match interviews anymore. I don't listen to his press conferences. He's been saying the same things for the past 12 months and we've been getting incrementally worse.
    It'll all be over soon enough.

On the plus side he did'nt say outstanding this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Bowlardo wrote: »
    So these are our next couple of league games. It is going to turn in to a car crash!
    • Villa
    • Everton
    • Spurs
    • Southampton
    • Chelsea
    • palace
    • City
    • Swansea

we could be out of the race for 4th after these fixtures :(

Damien360 wrote: »
    On the plus side he did'nt say outstanding this time.

He did, Ings was outstanding.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jon Stark wrote: »
    This is the kind of thing I loath about this thread.

Coutinho's decision making has always been suspect. His inconsistency isn't new either. But it's new now that it suits the trend on the thread,

What a farce.
    It's not your fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Klopp is a genuine, viable option, then I can't see how it makes any sense to stick with Rodgers for much longer.

We've had one or two good performances in about 20 months at this stage. That's too large a sample size to keep thinking, "this is fine".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sack him, nothing is changing, no more excuses. Thanks but goodbye Rodgers.

Taken last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Anyone who thinks Rodgers should be give 'til Christmas needs to have a look at themselves.

He needs to go before we're caught up in relegation territory.

Taken last March.

And since March we've averaged 1 point per game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Taken last March.

That's not a reason to keep the man in the job. Oh he has a good second half of the season

How long till we here Rodgers teams get better after Christmas so lets give him till the end of the season.

Taken last March.

Maybe add in the crap end to the season and see what it is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If Rodgers is here till Christmas. Not even Jesus could resurrect us.

K-9 wrote: »
    Maybe add in the crap end to the season and see what it is like.

I don't have those stats to hand. Just something I came across when looking for something on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It's three years of excuses and it's still crap. Bye Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I don't have those stats to hand. Just something I came across when looking for something on my phone.

No need to find those stats. I can tell you they're sh*te without even looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bet Rodgers is delighted with that result, since he probably sees it as a relegation six-pointer.

Ah who am I kidding, Norwich aren't in a relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Knex. wrote: »
    If Klopp is a genuine, viable option, then I can't see how it makes any sense to stick with Rodgers for much longer.

We've had one or two good performances in about 20 months at this stage. That's too large a sample size to keep thinking, "this is fine".
    There was an article published on the Independent website that suggested FSG had been warned off of approaching Klopp.

Brendan Rodgers: Under pressure Liverpool manager has to prove himself again

martyos121 wrote: »
    Bet Rodgers is delighted with that result, since he probably sees it as a relegation six-pointer.

Ah who am I kidding, Norwich aren't in a relegation battle.

Do you genuinely believe that Liverpool will be in a relegation battle? That we will barely manage 32 more points? Genuinely????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I have nothing to do this evening and, as an extremely bored and sad individual, went looking for these stats...

Results taken from Soccerway, since the 1st of January until today, we've played 25 league games and have picked up 42 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

We didn't win nothing else matters.

Except when it comes to the Stoke and Bournmouth games where the wins meant nothing and the performance everything right ??

Look I want the man gone as much as the next man (who isn't Caovyn) but lets not keep moving the goal posts as to whats most important just to bash the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Do you genuinely believe that Liverpool will be in a relegation battle? That we will barely manage 32 more points? Genuinely????

Why am I surprised you are the one replying to this? :rolleyes:

1. Have a read and educate yourself a bit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

2. Do you ever have anything useful to say?

3. I've never added anyone to my ignore list before, congrats on changing that.

G'luck.

Brendan Rodgers.
    It's an exciting challenge. It's about rebuilding here. Bringing new players in, adapting to culture of club.

How many times have we heard this since he became manager.

He said it again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Brendan Rodgers.

He said it again today.

How long has he had to rebuild!? 3 years and no trophies. One blip of success and more mediocrity than all the Adam Sandler movies rolled into one super movie of Dull.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Brendan Rodgers.

He said it again today.

Maybe he has amnesia and every few months thinks he has just taken over again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Honestly, he's just a bluffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If we continue the trend of 1 point per game then that's exactly what we'll get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

If not Klopp then who????

• Advertisement

If we continue the trend of 1 point per game then that's exactly what we'll get.

Do you think that's a realistic prospect?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement