Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote: »
    How long has he had to rebuild!? 3 years and no trophies. One blip of success and more mediocrity than all the Adam Sandler movies rolled into one super movie of Dull.

Honestly reading that I'm not sure if it was said today or 3 years ago.
    He's not alone in having to go tho

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Do you think that's a realistic prospect?

You say we are not top 4 challengers and that we should accept it.

Why should we accept it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If not Klopp then who????

That's for the owners to decide, there are plenty of managers out there, just because they're not household names doesn't mean they're not good enough.

If the owners were to stick with Rodgers just because they can't think of anyone else then it'd be ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

5starpool wrote: »
    You say we are not top 4 challengers and that we should accept it.

Why should we accept it?

We haven't been realistic top 4 challengers since 2009. That's why.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We haven't been realistic top 4 challengers since 2009. That's why.

Well we should be looking to improve then, shouldn't we, not accepting mediocrity? We have the 5th biggest budget, it shouldn't be unrealistic to challenge for 4th place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Honestly, he's just a bluffer

Correct.

If he's still peddling the rebuilding line, surely he's convinced even his most ardent supporters that he's full of it.

He's a chancer.

The match going fans have just about turned. He's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If not Klopp then who????

I'd go with someone like Hiddink or Capello until the end of the season and then approach someone like Klopp, Ancelotti or de Boer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Since the Utd game at the end of March we have played 15 league games and have got 16 points.

W 4 D 4 L 7 F 13 A 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Whatever about sacking Rodgers, FSG really need to decide whether to **** or get off the pot. They are as culpable as Rodgers for where we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

there is a good chance that come 7.30pm on november 21st liverpool will have dropped into the relegation zone...will be interesting to see the spin then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

What I find funny is people saying, "careful what you wish for, you'll end up with flavour of the month like Gary Monk or someone"

.....em?! That's exactly what Rodgers was when he got the job. Rodgers is the Gary Monk of a few years ago.

Those supporting Rodgers are essentially saying, 'Careful what you wish for or we might end up with a Brendan Rodgers' :rolleyes:

rossie1977 wrote: »
    there is a good chance that come 7.30pm on november 21st liverpool will have dropped into the relegation zone...will be interesting to see the spin then

Care to place a wager on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

What really gets me is that we spent 32m on benteke, no matter how good a player he is, he will never suit the way Rodgers wants us to play.... ie fast attacking play, when ings came on we looked better, why? cause he has bloody pace.
    No I'm sorry as u well know I like Brendan , But his so called transfer dealings have been a disaster. Now granted Rafa got a heck of a lot wrong also, aquilani josemi, etc etc etc etc im looking at you all
    . Why spend that kinda of money on a player who doesn't suit the ideas of the manager???
    Serious questions have to be asked, and actually whilst I'm in the mood, how much have the owners actually spent out of their own pockets?? We got a heck of a lot in for Suarez and sterling, not to mention various advertising deals and champions league and tv money?
    I'm not convinced Brendan is making a lot of the transfer decisions. No way ! Sanchez at Arsenal suited the style,ballotelli, beneteke doesn't
    . There is much more to this than meets the eye. I genuinely think Rodgers has a style that suits the club, but, for some reason it's not being allowed to happen.
    He is not getting the players his system needs and wants , and that's a massive worry.
    He is not being allowed to manage the club the way he should be.
    I have to admit I've lost faith in Brendan,because it's obvious the players have also but just like with Rafa , I feel all is not what it appears.
    Ynwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    Whatever about sacking Rodgers, FSG really need to decide whether to **** or get off the pot. They are as culpable as Rodgers for where we are.

Wouldn't be too harsh on them, but they are being very passive in the whole thing, especially when they were so ruthless with Kenny.

Hopefully they come out and give him the vote of confidence tomorrow.

kildare75 wrote: »
    Now granted Rafa got a heck of a lot wrong also, aquilani josemi, etc etc etc etc im looking at you all

Actually when it came to transfers, Rafa got relatively little wrong. Certainly in comparison to a joker like Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Markovic assist for Fenerbache.

Ibe should've gone on loan instead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What I find funny is people saying, "careful what you wish for, you'll end up with flavour of the month like Gary Monk or someone"

.....em?! That's exactly what Rodgers was when he got the job. Rodgers is the Gary Monk of a few years ago.

Those supporting Rodgers are essentially saying, 'Careful what you wish for or we might end up with a Brendan Rodgers' :rolleyes:

I agree to an extent. Monk doesn't talk complete shyte and has a good football brain, I wouldn't want him as manager but he would be an improvement on Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Since the Utd game at the end of March we have played 15 league games and have got 16 points.

W 4 D 4 L 7 F 13 A 25.

Since the start of 2015

P: 25
    W:12
    D:6
    L:7

Goals for: 28
    Goals against: 30

PPG: 1.68

We haven't scored more than 2 goals since we beat Spurs 3-2 at home in February.

Actually when it came to transfers, Rafa got relatively little wrong. Certainly in comparison to a joker like Rodgers.

He got more right than Rodgers, is how I would put it.

He signed a lot of crap, but it was ok because we had a very good starting XI and a lot of those players (unfortunately) ended up playing for better teams.

Bull.

He got more wrong than right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

brevity wrote: »
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too harsh on them, but they are being very passive in the whole thing, especially when they were so ruthless with Kenny.

Hopefully they come out and give him the vote of confidence tomorrow.

I'm starting to blame them more than Rodgers tbh. He's just out of his depth but he shouldn't even be in this position because he should have been sacked 5 mins after Stoke put 6 past us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rewriting Rafa's history?? here comes the yin to the attention seeking yang.

Ive seen a lot of spoofers on Cowboy Builders but none of them have taking the piss like Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

How long till we here Rodgers teams get better after Christmas so lets give him till the end of the season.

If we're in a position to capitalise on it, then it'll be fine.

If we've hamstrung ourselves already then it won't be relevant.

We lost the league in the first half of the 2013-14 season.
    Expecting to go 17-2-0 or something in the 2nd half of the season isn't a realistic way to win the league.

Similarly, if we need to win 15/19 games to get top 4 because we've only managed 25 pts from the first 19 then that's not a reasonable plan.

Bull.

He got more wrong than right.

Nonsense.
    Absolute nonsense.

Rodgers is a lucky man. Rafa and Kenny were sacked for less. We'd do well to remember that.

And u know that Rodgers picked all his signings do you?
    Babel, insua, dossena, ngog, riena, benayoun,el zar,pennant etc etc Rafa picked those so

I agree to an extent. Monk doesn't talk complete shyte and has a good football brain, I wouldn't want him as manager but he would be an improvement on Rodgers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Monk either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Said before the match that if we drew, it would be the type of result that means we will limp along with Rodgers for another while yet.

Reckon we will beat Carlisle and Villa in our next two games - which will buy Rodgers some more time. Rodgers' fate will be decided in October when we've got three away games to Chelsea, Everton and Spurs with Southampton at home.

• Advertisement

Babel, insua, dossena, ngog, riena, benayoun,el zar,pennant etc etc Rafa picked those so

Benayoun was a great signing

Nonsense.
    Absolute nonsense.

59 players signed.

38 I'd deem as failures.

That's more wrong than right.

Yes.
    “There is absolutely no way a player will come in here if I don’t want him,” “I will always be the first person it comes to. That’s not being arrogant, that’s how we operate here and how it works in this country.”

Benayoun was a great signing

Seriously?A great signing ??
    Well everyone is entitled to their opinion , but in mine, he was never even close to a Liverpool player.
    But I respect your opinion

59 players signed.

38 I'd deem as failures.

That's more wrong than right.

Do the same exercise for players signed > £5m

Then do it for Rodgers

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Monk either.

Nobody does but it's an insult to the man (who is a very professional and likable manager) that people are trying to say we might end up with someone like Monk if Rodgers was sacked. Monk is a better manager but we need a top manager to come in.

• Advertisement

Do the same exercise for players signed > £5m

Then do it for Rodgers

Stop moving the goalposts.

Rafa signed more duds than successes.

38/59.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Well the thing is if we rush into making a quick decision and go for someone like Monk or another manager with potential then that could set us back countless years again with pissing more 100's of millions down the drain.

It was the wrong decision to bring in Rodgers in the first place, but that doesn't mean we should make a rash decision now by sacking Rodgers without any proper alternatives lined up. Sure if Klopp or Ancelotti or that kind of ilk are available then great, but I doubt that is the case.

We are not going to get into a relegation fight this year, I don't think anyone really believes that. So if we are going to sack Rodgers lets make sure we get the right replacement this time, even if it takes time.

Yes.

well the evidence in the transfer market and on the pitch might just hint at something else

38/59.

Rafa signed far more star players than Rodgers has.

Don't tell me you think Coutinho+Sturridge is better than Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Agger and Kuyt.

Talking about Rafa is only people trying take the conversation away from Rodgers and how incredibly out of his depth he is and how poor he is at his job.

• Advertisement

Seriously?A great signing ??
    Well everyone is entitled to their opinion , but in mine, he was never even close to a Liverpool player.
    But I respect your opinion

He was a cult hero (plus I had a tenner on him @55/1 to score 2 or more in the Arsenal 4-4 game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Just shows how good a manager Rafa was with all those "duds"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The fact he's still managing the club says it all about the owners. They don't give a ****

well the evidence in the transfer market and on the pitch might just hint at something else

Evidence like signing players like Borini & Allen who he has worked with a lot in the past?

Nope, evidence hints to Rodgers having the biggest say in transfers at the club. Like he says he does.

38/59.

Rafa has a record in the transfer market that Rodgers could only dream of

Rafa signed far more star players than Rodgers has.

Don't tell me you think Coutinho+Sturridge is better than Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Agger and Kuyt.

I wasn't comparing their records.

All I did was disagree with Mr Alans blatant lie that Rafa signed more good than bad.

ricero wrote: »
    The fact he's still managing the club says it all about the owners. They don't give a ****

They don't want to sack the only manager they appointed. Swallowing one's pride is something Henry is obviously not used to.

Rafa has a record in the transfer market that Rodgers could only dream of

He signed 59 players, 38 were duds. Therefore he signed more bad than good. It's OK to admit you were wrong.

38/59.

Whether he moved the goalposts or not, put that aside for a second.

Under Rafa we bought the likes of Torres, Masch, Alonso and Reina.

They're not in the same ballpark, and it's silly to even attempt to compare their transfer successes. It's embarrassing actually.

We signed some of the best in the world under Rafa.

I wasn't comparing their records.

All I did was disagree with Mr Alans blatant lie that Rafa signed more good than bad.

But you'll concede that Rafa has a far better transfer record than Rodgers, yes?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement