Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The Everton game in 2 weeks will be huge for Rodgers. If we lose that I think he will be gone especially if its in any way similar to the Man Utd game. Win though & it could kickstart our season provided we beat Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Much better? I am not so sure. There is more strength in depth today, but the first 11 from your older team is actually stronger in my opinion.

The only way it looks stronger is because Gerrard and Suarez were in that team

But you are forgetting that, that season;

Gerrard only managed 28 games due to injury with 9 goals
    Suarez only scored 11 and was being slated for not being an out and out striker

Our defence was a disaster and conceded loads of sloppy goals due to mistakes by Carra and Reina

On paper I love a lot of that older team but that year they were really poor

MD1990 wrote: »
    The Everton game in 2 weeks will be huge for Rodgers. If we lose that I think he will be gone especially if its in any way similar to the Man Utd game. Win though & it could kickstart our season provided we beat Villa.

To be honest I dont think Rodgers has many poor games left. If we dont beat Carlisle comfortably he might get a reprieve but then Villa is a huge game.

I like Rodgers but I think he is facing his final couple of weeks at the very most, unless Liverpool turn things around overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I don't give a sh1t what other teams spend or do I give a sh1t about what Liverpool do and Liverpool football club under the management of Brendan Rodgers spent/wasted £300m on new players 90% of them are average and we are in a worse place now than when he was hired.

Brendan isn't and has never been good enough to manage Liverpool football club.

Apart from that one time at bandcamp when he nearly won the league, I'm sure you weren't complaining then, more than likely you were hoping he'd sign a new contract before Barca or City came in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think the squad is healthy enough at the moment, a new manager might want to sign one or two players but I think we have a squad that you would think most managers could work with, a bit light on wingers and a holding midfielder but apart from that it's not too bad. Trying to fit our best XI players into a formation that works is a different story though.. Considering our lack of natural wingers you would think that a diamond or 3-5-2 would suit us best but Rodgers has seemed reluctant to play two up front so far this season, hoping this will change now that Sturridge is back.

Milner hasn't been excellent but he was never going to be a player who grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck, realistically he is good enough to start for us (be it in CM or on the wing), he played in most games for City over the past couple of seasons. The problem with our midfield IMO is that all of the players seem a bit too similar, Henderson and Milner are presumably our two best central midfielders but they more or less are looking to do the same job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Apart from that one time at bandcamp when he nearly won the league, I'm sure you weren't complaining then, more than likely you were hoping he'd sign a new contract before Barca or City came in for him.

Funnily enough you can use that quote for the actual guy who was most responsible for us getting second.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Funnily enough you can use that quote for the actual guy who was most responsible for us getting second.

Ah yeah it was the Suarez show I forgot that history was revised!

Of course Suarez was the only reason we got 2nd...................

Under Kenny, Suarez wanted to finish 8th....................

Suarez only scored 11 goals in the league the season before Brendan came here. He had a shot to goal ratio of about 15%. It was ridiculous. But yea no way did Brendan get the most out of the team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Why didn't he bother when Kenny was the manager? He was happy to finish 8th was he? More nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Regardless of what we've spent, regardless of who is in our first 11, what i find difficult with Brendan is that this exact time last season when we lost Sturridge he spent 10-12 games going through the motions with his players, swapping formations, tinkering with players positions and by the time he finally got them going, we were basically out of everything.

Fast forward to this season, we are still tinkering with formations, we are still unsure of our best 11 (as he is), and the most important thing that really grinds my gears is that he doesn't still seem to be able to get a consistent performance from his players. We were OK yesterday, we at least look ok in attack and the players performed - but goals win games and we missed some sitters that to be fair even Coutinho should have been shot for. (but he'll not be cos we all love him). But against United we were frozen with fear, we were passionless and we were totally flat, until they were out of sight.

That is my worry, we have enough quality that IF we were to get them firing like say Leicester (At times) it would be great to watch. Brendan doesn't seem to be able to motivate this group of players consistently. There's alot of teams in the PL that give us trouble purely cos they have a bit of bite, passion and organisation ... we need to match them. But you never know which Liverpool will turn up.

Then of course there is the Sahko/Moreno scenario ... is he sometimes stubborn or just stupid? Time will tell. I don't think any ONE game will decide his faith, but an accumulation of crappy results and performances until xmas ... he'll seal his own fate with decisions like those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It seems like it is already sealed with most fans, it is just a continuation of last year. utterly directionless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lads,if ye're happy enough with Rodgers and the dung he is serving up then fair play to ye but it's breaking my heart. We are brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Rodgers deserves a hell of a lot of credit for that 13/14 season, just as he deserves a hell of a lot of criticism for what's gone on since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Regardless of what we've spent, regardless of who is in our first 11, what i find difficult with Brendan is that this exact time last season when we lost Sturridge he spent 10-12 games going through the motions with his players, swapping formations, tinkering with players positions and by the time he finally got them going, we were basically out of everything.

Fast forward to this season, we are still tinkering with formations, we are still unsure of our best 11 (as he is), and the most important thing that really grinds my gears is that he doesn't still seem to be able to get a consistent performance from his players. We were OK yesterday, we at least look ok in attack and the players performed - but goals win games and we missed some sitters that to be fair even Coutinho should have been shot for. (but he'll not be cos we all love him). But against United we were frozen with fear, we were passionless and we were totally flat, until they were out of sight.

That is my worry, we have enough quality that IF we were to get them firing like say Leicester (At times) it would be great to watch. Brendan doesn't seem to be able to motivate this group of players consistently. There's alot of teams in the PL that give us trouble purely cos they have a bit of bite, passion and organisation ... we need to match them. But you never know which Liverpool will turn up.

Then of course there is the Sahko/Moreno scenario ... is he sometimes stubborn or just stupid? Time will tell. I don't think any ONE game will decide his faith, but an accumulation of crappy results and performances until xmas ... he'll seal his own fate with decisions like those.
    +1 on all the above.

We played well until Sturridge went off and we seemed to go for more of a 433 than the 352 we had before and the wheels came off the wagon.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Of course Suarez was the only reason we got 2nd...................

You can say it like that if you like, but that's not what I posted.

It's time to start looking at that golden season and realising just how ignored the defensive frailties were by Rodgers and how obvious it would be that without Suarez, we'd have been in trouble in a lot if those games. I'm not saying he didn't get us playing some lovely football in midfield and up front, but where is it now? Chap has no plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Still can't believe people are bringing up 2 seasons ago to justify Rodgers position now. Are we to ignore the sheer drudgery of the last 13 months? How long can these mediocre performances be accepted before the "but but but we nearly won the lg 2 years ago!" brigade stop using this as a deflection from the depressing here and now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/status/645942813394386948

Origi could be sent on loan. Again.

Not sure he was "big money" though. Click bait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You shouldn't argue, we're all adults here. Let's just have a simple talk.

Hahahahahahahaha, you shouldn't argue, are you not back from a 3 month holiday for exactly that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus turning your nose up at Carlo ancelloti one of the the top 5 managers in world football. I'd take him in a heartbeat probaly even over klopp.

Not turning my nose up at him, just don't think we would have the resources to get him and for him to deliver longevity/success at the club.

Ok you guys are right in a way about bringing up 2 seasons ago.

But here is the thing. You are saying that Rodgers is not good enough to be at a club like Liverpool. But 2 years ago proves for a fact that he is.

Last year was a disaster. We lost the best player in the league to Barca. Some thought we didnt replace him which is a good point. But I dont think we needed to. Without Suarez we scored over 60 goals in the league (without his goals and assists) so really if we could get about 10 goals from a replacement we would have been fine. Our issue was try to stop conceding goals. Not how to score the goals Suarez would have.

Then things went worse when Sturridge missed most of the season. Even when he played he was injured. So effectively now we missed another 20-30 goals (from goals he could have scored and assists/assisted in build up play etc). That is like Real Madrid losing Bale and Ronaldo for a season. Or Arsenal losing Sanchez and Ozil or Chelsea losing Hazard and Costa or even City losing Silva and Aguero.

Last season was crazy what happened us and it happened not because of tactics but more that we were unprepared for losing Sturridge.

Now I can bring up the fact that Sturridge's injuries are b8llocks again if youd like but we dont really need to get into that.

Bringing up 2 years ago is only justifying why people have faith in Rodgers and feel he is of course good enough to be here. But results are not going our way right now and that means "deserve" or not, time is running out for Rodgers and when change has to happen I can only see it happening in one way

• Advertisement

Lads,if ye're happy enough with Rodgers and the dung he is serving up then fair play to ye but it's breaking my heart. We are brutal.

I think there's an element of some of us are confident of him getting it together. We went on a great run pointswise for a 1/3 ish of last season without a functioning striker.

Ings has come on and done what he was told in a few games and impressed, he got time up front in his favoured position yesterday. I'd expect him to feature up there frequently from now on alongside either Sturridge or Benteke. I've no doubt Ings impressed in training, he's now shown that potentially he is well able for the step up to Top 4 aspiring club. All going well Sturridge & Benteke will start PL games and Ings will get at least half an hour, he's shown he's better than that though, which is good, might start with Sturridge or Benteke on the bench.

I reckon Sakho's Mrs having a kid at the start of the season was a factor in him not featuring, not being 100% in training or whatever. I'd expect him to remain in the starting 11 for the PL games going forward.

With Rodgers he seems to run something akin to a cult (ish), you don't come in and do your own thing and get the chance to get on the pitch, you come in do as the cult requires and than you get on the pitch. Like what Gerrard described with Balotelli defending corners, once Balotelli got p1ssed off with doing what the cult expected of him he was dropped regardless of there being little other options.

The result yesterday was poor, very poor, but the performance was much better than the result imo.

Now I don't expect folks to stop p1ssing and moaning about Rodgers out Klopp in, £300m spent, Sterling ushered out, Gerrard not kept et etc etc but personally I look forward to the games and do hope that we go on one of the customary great runs sooner rather than later and that it's more prolonged than last season's one.

Call me delusional or an apologist or whatever ye deem appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Has Origi slept with Rodgers daughter or something?

Speaking of loanees, not sure if it was mentioned, but I see Luis Alberto scored again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The season two years ago has proven to be the exception rather than the rule.

In every other league season he has proven he is not up to scratch.
    In every league cup campaign he has proven he is not up to it.
    In every fa cup campaign he has proven he is not up to it.
    In every Europa league campaign he has proven he is not up to it.
    In the champions league he has proven he is not up to it.
    In the transfer market he has proven he is not up to it.

Ok you guys are right in a way about bringing up 2 seasons ago.

But here is the thing. You are saying that Rodgers is not good enough to be at a club like Liverpool. But 2 years ago proves for a fact that he is.

One mediocre season. Then one great season. Then one disastrous season. Now the beginning of another disastrous season. Coupled with complete ineptitude in Europe and some terrible purchases, I have to disagree. It happens to players and managers. Sometimes it's just not going to work out.

Hahahahahahahaha, you shouldn't argue, are you not back from a 3 month holiday for exactly that???

Hey buddy xx

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    I think there's an element of some of us are confident of him getting it together. We went on a great run pointswise for a 1/3 ish of last season without a functioning striker.

Just on this bit, while I know it is true in terms of points gained we were still not good in most of those games. The games we won in between the 2 united games were almost all by a single goal (Swansea 4-1 at home was the outlier result really).

Points are all that matters ultimately and if we struggled to a 2-1 win every week no one would ultimately complain, but that's not likely to happen. We were dogshít to watch almost all of last season, and it's been the same this season so far largely. I think he is under the most pressure now that he has been all along, and unless both results and performances improve, he won't last much longer.

I've already said that the performance yesterday was better, but it needs to continue to be better and bring results with it. When confidence is low though it's hard to string things together.

5starpool wrote: »
    Just on this bit, while I know it is true in terms of points gained we were still not good in most of those games. The games we won in between the 2 united games were almost all by a single goal (Swansea 4-1 at home was the outlier result really).

Points are all that matters ultimately and if we struggled to a 2-1 win every week no one would ultimately complain, but that's not likely to happen. We were dogshít to watch almost all of last season, and it's been the same this season so far largely. I think he is under the most pressure now that he has been all along, and unless both results and performances improve, he won't last much longer.

I've already said that the performance yesterday was better, but it needs to continue to be better and bring results with it. When confidence is low though it's hard to string things together.

A good post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We are fast approaching 1 ppg. Not sure how anyone could be confident about BR at this stage. I enjoyed the season we came second as much as any but how long can BR continue based on that season? We are so far from that season performance wise its unreal.

Instead of looking at what BR has done in the past, lets look at his future.

After Aston Villa we have Everton, Spurs, Southampton, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, ManCity. Those run of fixtures are a perfect opportunity for him to show us he has what it takes. Another poor run and he should be let go.

I'm glad to see a much more reasoned discussion about him and his future today. 100 times better than the predictable "Rodgers out" posts from yesterday.

One mediocre season. Then one great season. Then one disastrous season. Now the beginning of another disastrous season. Coupled with complete ineptitude in Europe and some terrible purchases, I have to disagree. It happens to players and managers. Sometimes it's just not going to work out.

I get what your saying and even I think his time is almost up. I just dont like the way people are not giving hijm credit for what he has done here.

When he took over this was the state of Liverpool

8th in the premier league
    Top scorer was Suarez with 11 goals

26 players (including some youths but not including loans out) in the first team set up on the books and 13 of them where over the age of 27. In fact 7 of them were over 30.

We had players such as:
    Charlie Adam
    Andy Carroll
    Maxi Rodríguez
    Fábio Aurélio
    Doni
    Aquilani
    Joe Cole

All at the club picking up a lot of money in wages.

We had no European football, our wage bill was astronomical, our average age was late 20's and We fell further behind EL challenging teams let alone the top 4. We looked tactically inept

What Brendan did:
    Reduced our average age to low 20's
    Brought European football
    Gave us a title challenge that was unexpected
    Brought the best out of Suarez
    Reduced the wage bill by getting rid of over paid old pensioners
    Brought nice attacking football

He had 3 full seasons so far

First season he improved on Kenny's season while fixing the mess that was left for him

Second season he gave us a title challenge that Kenny would not have

Third season he lost THE best player in the league and the second top scorer in the league. That meant we had a bad season but qualified for EL which is a pathway into the CL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I'm glad to see a much more reasoned discussion about him and his future today. 100 times better than the predictable "Rodgers out" posts from yesterday.

RodgersOut

Praise from Caesar. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

brevity wrote: »

Quite a few here suggesting him in their starting 11s before matches too.

I really do wonder what the ****ing point is.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

I get what your saying and even I think his time is almost up. I just dont like the way people are not giving hijm credit for what he has done here.

26 players (including some youths but not including loans out) in the first team set up on the books and 13 of them where over the age of 27. In fact 7 of them were over 30.

We had players such as:
    Charlie Adam
    Andy Carroll
    Maxi Rodríguez
    Fábio Aurélio
    Doni
    Aquilani
    Joe Cole

We had no European football, our wage bill was astronomical, our average age was late 20's and We fell further behind EL challenging teams let alone the top 4. We looked tactically inept

What Brendan did:

First season he improved on Kenny's season while fixing the mess that was left for him

Third season he lost THE best player in the league and the second top scorer in the league. That meant we had a bad season but qualified for EL which is a pathway into the CL

Thats a fair post.
    I don't post here much but enjoy looking in before and after games.
    I am a Liverpool Football Club Fan and as part of that I support all managers and players that are working for the club at any one time, and wish they do well at all times. That doesn't mean I always agree with decisions or lack of decisions to do with the club.
    I was not over the moon when Rodgers signed as he hadn't managed a club as big as this yet but I supported him, and he won my admiration in conjunction with Suarez , Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard, Skrtel etc 2 years ago with a title challenge no one expected.
    Last year was very disappointing but I think he deserved to be kept on based on the title challenge.
    And I still support him and would love for him and the current crop to turn things around, but alas my patience is waning. I just don't see improvement from year to year and from game to game. There is no 'Learn from your mistakes', obvious mistakes to everyone.
    I really want him to succeed for the sake of the club and not setting it back another 3-5 years for a new manager to 'settle' and 're-build'.
    But he is making it difficult for me, and if he were sacked in the morning I really do think he would only have himself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This sums up Rodgers to me.

Always next season.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/558266963764707328

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Always next season.

I wonder if any journalist would have the balls to confront him with that quote. As much as a politician Rodgers is, he'd struggle to explain that one!

JB81 wrote: »
    Thats a fair post.
    I don't post here much but enjoy looking in before and after games.
    I am a Liverpool Football Club Fan and as part of that I support all managers and players that are working for the club at any one time, and wish they do well at all times. That doesn't mean I always agree with decisions or lack of decisions to do with the club.
    I was not over the moon when Rodgers signed as he hadn't managed a club as big as this yet but I supported him, and he won my admiration in conjunction with Suarez , Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard, Skrtel etc 2 years ago with a title challenge no one expected.
    Last year was very disappointing but I think he deserved to be kept on based on the title challenge.
    And I still support him and would love for him and the current crop to turn things around, but alas my patience is waning. I just don't see improvement from year to year and from game to game. There is no 'Learn from your mistakes', obvious mistakes to everyone.
    I really want him to succeed for the sake of the club and not setting it back another 3-5 years for a new manager to 'settle' and 're-build'.
    But he is making it difficult for me, and if he were sacked in the morning I really do think he would only have himself to blame.

I tend to agree.

He would undoubtedly have himself to blame.

I like Brendan and like yourself was underwhelmed when he signed. In fact I was delighted he turned us down and hoped that we would sign "a bigger name". I was even hoping the Martinez talks would lead to nothing other than putting pressure on a bigger name to sign.

Now while he has very much swayed me and most fans, I do also feel like my patience is running thin.

If he turns things around I will be chuffed for him. He will deserve every accolade he gets if he turns this around.

But I fear a few things have gone wrong during his tenure here and a few bad decisions have taken him off track. I worry that he is gone too far from his actual philosophy now to get the team working as the unit we seen a couple of seasons ago. Maybe its stubbornness or maybe its a couple of decisions that felt right at the time but come with an inability to unmake those decisions.

He tried to sign young talent with the likes of Markovic, Can, Sakho, Origi, Ilori.

He then tried to sign Premier league proven players like Lovren, Lallana, Benteke, Mignolet.

On paper these are good decisions. But unfortunately bad luck had dictated otherwise.

If his tenure does come to a close it will be an exciting time getting a new manager in and seeing new players and more change. But as you alluded to, it will just be the start of a new 5 year plan which means a potential couple of more years away from where we want to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

brevity wrote: »

ffs

Blatter wrote: »
    I wonder if any journalist would have the balls to confront him with that quote. As much as a politician Rodgers is, he'd struggle to explain that one!

He doesnt half make it harder for himself with his utterings does our Brendy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Has Origi slept with Rodgers daughter or something?

Have you seen his daughter?

Playing devil's advocate on the below.

We finished 7th and 6th in 2 of his 3 seasons here.
    He scored 17 in 39 in all competitions. Last season our top scorer in all comps was Gerrard with 11 (I think).

We had players such as:
    Charlie Adam
    Andy Carroll
    Maxi Rodríguez
    Fábio Aurélio
    Doni
    Aquilani
    Joe Cole

We did have a lot of dross to get rid of and we did. We still have some dross to trim in terms of players who don't contribute, but at least they are younger in general.
    European qualification was missed in his first season, and the games we did play (including the first season that we had already qualified for) we have been awful. We still look tactically inept for the last 13 months.

What Brendan did:
    He did. We haven't seen a lot of benefit from this though.
    Well, see above. Not a point to be too proud of.
    True, and the only reason he is still there.
    We saw a phenom, but I think he would have been that player anyhow for most managers.
    Indeed, that mistake was corrected.
    For a season a bit of the prior one. Scintillating stuff going forward we haven't been able to get close to in over a year.

The truth may well be somewhere in between, but your post is way OTT in terms of positivity for Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Always next season.

Ahh yes take a quote from when Liverpool were in form and people thought they could snatch top 4 and kick on from there last season.

Also Origi there is only so many spots on the sub bench and he started on Thursday night and i say he thought he would not have had to make a sub to the forward line at half time.

I say his plan was to keep two up top all game but swap the Dannies about, but injury stopped that

5starpool wrote: »
    Playing devil's advocate on the below.

We finished 7th and 6th in 2 of his 3 seasons here.

He scored 17 in 39 in all competitions. Last season our top scorer in all comps was Gerrard with 11 (I think).

We did have a lot of dross to get rid of and we did. We still have some dross to trim in terms of players who don't contribute, but at least they are younger in general.

European qualification was missed in his first season, and the games we did play (including the first season that we had already qualified for) we have been awful. We still look tactically inept for the last 13 months.

He did. We haven't seen a lot of benefit from this though.

Well, see above. Not a point to be too proud of.

True, and the only reason he is still there.

We saw a phenom, but I think he would have been that player anyhow for most managers.

Indeed, that mistake was corrected.

For a season a bit of the prior one. Scintillating stuff going forward we haven't been able to get close to in over a year.

The truth may well be somewhere in between, but your post is way OTT in terms of positivity for Rodgers.

No your right with most of that.

I was trying to be a little OTT with my post to show how its all about how you "dress the facts" of what has happened.

Right now everyone is acting like Rodgers has destroyed this club. But my only ambition was to show the good he has done.

I have stated a few times that I feel very unsure of what camp I am in anymore. I would be happy for Rodgers to stay but only if things change fast. If they dont I fear I will be also hoping that we make changes and fast.

In fact I will go on record as saying, if Liverpool FC/ FSG feel that they are unsure of Rodgers and are not 100% behind him right now then they should just do it now and replace him. Or at least start looking for his replacement and interview for the job immediately.

Ahh yes take a quote from when Liverpool were in form and people thought they could snatch top 4 and kick on from there last season.

Also Origi there is only so many spots on the sub bench and he started on Thursday night and i say he thought he would not have had to make a sub to the forward line at half time.

I say his plan was to keep two up top all game but swap the Dannies about, but injury stopped that

Why say it at all? Rodgers seems to have an amazing tendency to shoot himself in the foot with his comments.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Why say it at all? Rodgers seems to have an amazing tendency to shoot himself in the foot with his comments.

I think he was referring to the fact that our form changed so fast from not being able to win 2 games on the trot to going on a 14 game unbeaten streak.

That and the fact that we were able to put runs together but only for not having a striker

• Advertisement

I think he was referring to the fact that our form changed so fast from not being able to win 2 games on the trot to going on a 14 game unbeaten streak.

That and the fact that we were able to put runs together but only for not having a striker

Huh? The tweet is dated Jan 2015. Which run are you referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

credit...the guy has spent £300 million and liverpool have no trophies or even a cup final to show for it. kenny won a trophy and was the width of a post away from winning another and he was only in the job 16 months. kenny bought suarez who carried the team after he left, he bought henderson who is now captain and gave sterling his debut. the squad kenny left was bursting with potential which is probably why they reached two cup finals in one season.

between 12th january and 30 December 2011 kennys league record was 19 wins 10 draws and 8 defeats..i am pretty confident had kenny been given £200 million over the next 2-3 years and suarez coming into his own liverpool would have thrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Right now BR is not doing what is the right thing for Liverpool Football Club. Every decision he is making is for himself and himself only.

Alonso77 wrote: »

Ya, there were things that could have been said that were equally positive without being threatened to be held up as examples of being totally wrong in hindsight. He really does himself no favours with what he says a lot of the time.

Right now BR is not doing what is the right thing for Liverpool Football Club. Every decision he is making is for himself and himself only.

Go on elaborate please, why would he do things that will eventually cost him his job if he's only looking after himself?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement