Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Grayditch wrote: »
    Getting second and United not getting top 4 felt like a trophy, in fairness :pac: I'd like to be able to look upon Rodgers fondly for it in a few years.

ya, I'll give you that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

So let me guess, you wanted Rafa to stay, hated the idea of Roy, wanted to keep Kenny and hate Rodgers because of a mancrush still held for Rafa?

In other words Clueful.

In other words proven right yet again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Yes Rodgers got it right for the most part yesterday but who gives a ****? It was all stuff fans have been crying out for since the beginning of the season. It is like praising him for being extremely slow but eventually catching up when he is the bloody manager and should be the star pupil.

I am just back from Tesco. I was behind this little old lady. She seemed blind as a bat. She was giving her phone to the guy at the checkout to use to check if she needed credit. While he was busy doin that she was trying to pull money out of her wallet to pay him for a few things she had bought. She must have had close to 1k in this tiny wallet, while trying to pull money out she dropped a couple of 50's on the floor without noticing. I picked them up and gave them back to her. It made me laugh when i read the comment about only complete scumbags rob little old ladies. I guess im not so bad after all. What the **** was she doing out and about with all that money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I stand by what I called him 100%. Letting his two coaches take the fall for last season and whispering into FSGs ears that it was their fault which led to them losing their jobs was disgusting behaviour.

But you made all that up though? You have zero clue of what happened. None.

If the manager feels he can get better coaches in is he not entitled to do so? He did hire them did he not? You cant fire under performing staff?

Your gone way OTT.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I know there are people with different view on each manager but I can't help get the feeling the Rodgers supporters are the same ones that wanted rid of Benitez, were happy initially with woy, wanted rid of Kenny and an apologist for Rodgers.

In other words, clueless!

The words your looking for is broad strokes.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Look, we haven't made a good appointment since Rafa, simple.

Kenny was tactically playing decades behind, I think he was fairly glad to be out of it tbh.
    Hodgson was hodgson, I'd rather leave that there. A panic move that was doomed from day 1.
    In some ways Rodgers has been a reaction to Hodgson, we wanted the attacking football back and for a season or so we got it, but we had a revolving door at the back. This season he has gone so far back into his shell that we are neither solid at the back or good up up front.

I thought the post match against Norwich said a lot, he looked to be nervous and feeling the pressure and that transfers into the team. That's why i say go Mr Ancelotti, let him stand up to the pressure and the board and straighten this club out. I do believe in the owners intentions and they have spent on the squad and stadium but they need an effective counter balance on the footballing side.

This whole committee business is a mess. The loans and revolving door transfers are a mess. We need a strong coach able to stand up to the owners, one with enough credibility to get his way.

I think everyone can agree that if we get the same points from the next 6 games than our first 6 games he should be gone. That'll be a third of the season done with a ppg of 1.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I know there are people with different view on each manager but I can't help get the feeling the Rodgers supporters are the same ones that wanted rid of Benitez, were happy initially with woy, wanted rid of Kenny and an apologist for Rodgers.

Ah the sweet art of stereotyping.

I wanted rid of Benitez because his time had come , he was making bad decisions in the transfer market and the team had started to decline and were playing poor football in his last season. It's the natural cycle, sadly Liverpool fans have a special ability to reject change. Part of the problem that started in the late 80s and early 90s when the club did not move with the times financially and in terms of infrastructure, rather than deal with these massive issues some people would rather here about the boot room. Fairy tales to help you sleep at night, whilst reality was ignored.

I never wanted Hodgson. Danced when he left.

I wouldn't have picked Rodgers but initially I was happy the way his team was shaping up. This year I would say he time too has come, 3 years in and he hasn't got us to where he would have wanted.

Sacking Rodgers will be pointless unless we are prepared to judge a new manager on his merits and stop banging on about the glorious past, which as a club we managed to waste the benefit of. It will be pointless unless we throw out this transfer committee rot and let the manager do his job.

I think we need that change of manager alright, but we need all of the changes and not a handful. We need to look forward and not back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

In other words proven right yet again

You sure you aren't aftertiming again! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Here is list of managers we could target

- Klopp
    - Ancelotti (very unlikely)
    - Schmidt
    - Favre
    - De Boer
    - Emery

• Advertisement

What's the deal with your relentless search of BR quotes when you don't like the man!?!

59272185.jpg

Hhmmm Sad Indeed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

It's clear to see what time school got out this afternoon anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Wanting rid of Dalglish was clueless was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

It's clear to see what time school got out this afternoon anyway.

Clearly the teachers at your school don't confiscate phones from students who are on boards anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

NukaCola wrote: »
    I think everyone can agree that if we get the same points from the next 6 games than our first 6 games he should be gone. That'll be a third of the season done with a ppg of 1.3.

He should be sacked now. You really are clueless if you think he deserves another 6 games. The season is still salvageable if he goes now. Another 6 games? Ha Ha you haven't a clue how much damage Rodgers is doing do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Even the folk behind him (Rodgers) at this point are resorting to pointing out that we played 'better' but at the same time seem to just ignore things like his best players yesterday being ones he has avoided choosing the entire season so far. Ings, Moreno, Sakho.... Not to mention the fact of who we were playing, at home, a team we'd expect to 'hockey', under Rodgers or Dalglish or anyone else.

A few years after it was accomplished (and it being accomplished despite Suarez being banned for nearly 3 months of it), i would say it would be a remarkable turnaround at this point of the season if Rodgers was even able to emulate what Kenny was deemed sackable for. Seriously, even right now id give Rodgers another season if i thought he had it in him to do just what Kenny achieved with what he was given at the start by the end of this season.

People talk about Kenny's signings as well. Does it have to be pointed out of the contributions, in the grand scheme today, of what around 60m worth of signings 12 months ago is currently doing. Markovic is in Turkey, Balotelli is in (a world of his own) Italy, Moreno cost 16m and can barely get a game ahead of a kid, and Origi.

Really, need we go any further?. Im not even going to talk about the future, the future is now.

Nobody knows who the scapegoats are anymore. The folk who blamed Gerrard being in the team cant blame him. We know Glen Johnson 'retired' long before he left. This time last year Sakho was disliked, right now its Lovren. In my opinion Skrtel has, and always will be the weak link but thats another point on a tangent. I even read someone believing they couldnt wait for Allen to get back, yea, mouth watering prospect alright!. I dont even think Lucas is good enough to start but he is levels above Allen.

Thats not to say we arent missing important bodies, namely Sturridge and Henderson, one we argued over getting in for a couple of million and wasted 6 months of everyones time. And the other, our captain, and imo, a fine player, who was almost shoved out the door to Fulham for a few million.

To say i have faith in anything thats being decided by peoples involved would be a calamitous misjudgement on my part. Yet i read it on a daily basis from others, still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Remember when it was Alan and Lloyd v the world. This is much much worse.

How people can't see that keeping Rodgers in charge is damaging the club is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

im fed up trying to be optimistic these days to be honest,the title surge we had is long over and the buzz long gone,its back to being nearly/what if/if only we type of club,spend lots,win fcuk all.. this season will be the same. depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Listen if he doesn't win on Wednesday and Saturday both home games he'll be a dead man. Anfield will boo him out of a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

daithijjj wrote: »
    Even the folk behind him (Rodgers) at this point are resorting to pointing out that we played 'better' but at the same time seem to just ignore things like his best players yesterday being ones he has avoided choosing the entire season so far. Ings, Moreno, Sakho.... Not to mention the fact of who we were playing, at home, a team we'd expect to 'hockey', under Rodgers or Dalglish or anyone else.

A few years after it was accomplished (and it being accomplished despite Suarez being banned for nearly 3 months of it), i would say it would be a remarkable turnaround at this point of the season if Rodgers was even able to emulate what Kenny was deemed sackable for. Seriously, even right now id give Rodgers another season if i thought he had it in him to do just what Kenny achieved with what he was given at the start by the end of this season.

People talk about Kenny's signings as well. Does it have to be pointed out of the contributions, in the grand scheme today, of what around 60m worth of signings 12 months ago is currently doing. Markovic is in Turkey, Balotelli is in (a world of his own) Italy, Moreno cost 16m and can barely get a game ahead of a kid, and Origi.

Really, need we go any further?. Im not even going to talk about the future, the future is now.

Nobody knows who the scapegoats are anymore. The folk who blamed Gerrard being in the team cant blame him. We know Glen Johnson 'retired' long before he left. This time last year Sakho was disliked, right now its Lovren. In my opinion Skrtel has, and always will be the weak link but thats another point on a tangent. I even read someone believing they couldnt wait for Allen to get back, yea, mouth watering prospect alright!. I dont even think Lucas is good enough to start but he is levels above Allen.

Thats not to say we arent missing important bodies, namely Sturridge and Henderson, one we argued over getting in for a couple of million and wasted 6 months of everyones time. And the other, our captain, and imo, a fine player, who was almost shoved out the door to Fulham for a few million.

To say i have faith in anything thats being decided by peoples involved would be a calamitous misjudgement on my part. Yet i read it on a daily basis from others, still.

Welcome back :)

• Advertisement

Clearly the teachers at your school don't confiscate phones from students who are on boards anyway.

Id say I finished school when you were merely a glint in your fathers eye xx

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Wanting rid of Dalglish was clueless was it?

Not on its own but combo ed with wanting rid of Benitez and being an apologist for Rodgers it is proven that these lads are clueless.

I can see why people wanted Kenny sacked I believe he should have been given another year especially when you look at his signings such as Suarez and Henderson went on to be crucial for us.

However if sacking Kenny I expected someone that could bring us further than Kenny and never believed Rodgers was that man

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

just watched highlights on sky and i must say that we looked a hell of a lot better than at any time since last march. We created more chances and looked half decent,having said that we shud be putting NC to the sword. Good to have studge back and unlucky not to score,maybe,just maybe we have turned a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mr.H wrote: »
    Kenny also bought Adam, Carroll, Downing and Doni

Every cloud

https://twitter.com/Zizouology/status/646012214025912320

Neymar: "There are many Brazilians who could play for Barcelona, but I'd like Coutinho." #LFC

It begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ps...anyone calling any Liverpool manager a scumbag has lost the run of themselves, it's frustrating to be in a position were results are bad, but calling the guy a scumbag speaks volumes about you as a fan.

I'd honestly rather people that had no respect weren't associated with the club and I think the myth of the Liverpool way and the way we always support the team has been seriously eroded by the childish nonsense that has gone on.

In fairness it seems to be only one header who has been at it relentlessly for ages.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

MD1990 wrote: »
    Here is list of managers we could target

- Klopp
    - Ancelotti (very unlikely)
    - Schmidt
    - Favre
    - De Boer
    - Emery

Emery is tied to Sevilla for a couple of more years and can't see him leaving just yet.

Has Schmidt really done enough to warrant the Job?

Favre? Apart from a spell during his time at Borussia he's not done a lot to warrant the job.

Klopp, Ancelotti and De Boer would be good choices.

I'd also add

Marcelo Bielsa (It would be crazy fun to watch the team. He'd be too difficult a man for the board to deal with I think)

Vincenzo Montella (Did great things with Fiorentina and Roma)

He should be sacked now. You really are clueless if you think he deserves another 6 games. The season is still salvageable if he goes now. Another 6 games? Ha Ha you haven't a clue how much damage Rodgers is doing do you?

I actually do think he needs to be replaced now if you bothered to read any of my posts. I was more talking to those who still have support for him, hence the "everyone can agree" part of the post.
    Listen if he doesn't win on Wednesday and Saturday both home games he'll be a dead man. Anfield will boo him out of a job.

I agree

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Zizouology/status/646012214025912320

Neymar: "There are many Brazilians who could play for Barcelona, but I'd like Coutinho." #LFC

It begins...

• Advertisement

Not on its own but combo ed with wanting rid of Benitez and being an apologist for Rodgers it is proven that these lads are clueless.

I can see why people wanted Kenny sacked I believe he should have been given another year especially when you look at his signings such as Suarez and Henderson went on to be crucial for us.

However if sacking Kenny I expected someone that could bring us further than Kenny and never believed Rodgers was that man

That must be history revised. Dalglish's signings were Scheidt for the most part. Coates, Carroll, Adam, Downing etc. Additionally, he led the club to its worst ever PL finish.

Anyway, my point is that referring to someone as clueless for wanting the man who led the club to its worst ever Prem finish out, and backing the man who came closest to winning the title, is a bit clueless in itself.

Personally, I was delighted Dalglish was sacked, and would happily see Rodgers go provided there is a suitable replacement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    credit...the guy has spent £300 million and liverpool have no trophies or even a cup final to show for it. kenny won a trophy and was the width of a post away from winning another and he was only in the job 16 months. kenny bought suarez who carried the team after he left, he bought henderson who is now captain and gave sterling his debut. the squad kenny left was bursting with potential which is probably why they reached two cup finals in one season.

between 12th january and 30 December 2011 kennys league record was 19 wins 10 draws and 8 defeats..i am pretty confident had kenny been given £200 million over the next 2-3 years and suarez coming into his own liverpool would have thrived

Aren't you the same guy who predicted a disaster of a season ahead following a preseason loss in the summer of 2013?

I am pretty confident that had Dalglish been given £200m, you'd have been proved soooooo wrong in the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I believed Rafa needed more time after nearly winning a title, same with Rodgers since 2012 and his initial appointment and after coming closer than Rafa to the title. Some have had it in for him from the start and he got no credit from them for anything good he has done. Irrational stuff.

I tend to be consistent in wanting to give managers time, not really interested in personality.

One consistent between the ends of Rafa, Kenny and Rodgers, and all the time with Hodgson was watching dire football on a sustained basis.

How long people will put up with that is linked to how much they like the manager.

A few seem to have problems with all recent managers, some just Hodgson, some Hodg and Rodgers, some just haven't got over Rafa etc.

Anyway, common denominator is watching enough crap football will eventually lead to losing faith in a manager!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

But you made all that up though? You have zero clue of what happened. None.

If the manager feels he can get better coaches in is he not entitled to do so? He did hire them did he not? You cant fire under performing staff?

Your gone way OTT.

So if be and Tipsy touch, will that create a black hole? 'Cause if it does, I'm tempted, so we can just restart the whole season and last years too.

That's how black holes work right?

Rodgers gets rid of underperforming coaches = "scumbag" to some people.

Same fans want to get rid of "underperforming" manager = completely justified.

That's perfect rationale right there.

I think only one person called him a scumbag, but yes I found that amusing myself

• Advertisement

I think only one person called him a scumbag, but yes I found that amusing myself

I'm open to correction but I'm sure I've seen more than one person say it(not today).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If you spent less time posting here and more time picking the team we'd be in better shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Scumbag is to much in my eyes but people are very passionate about Liverpool and emotions run high at times.

Wasn't there a very famous meltdown by a poster on Boards who called a lot of posters on here a lot worse than scumbag because they wanted Rodgers out.

We are fans and we get passionate when it comes to something we care about.

Rodgers is breeding apathy among fans now and that is a lot worse.

If you spent less time posting here and more time picking the team we'd be in better shape.

Sure the team picks itself, I just go and tell them all how outstanding their character is and send them on their way. I haven't a clue about tactics or anything like that, lucky I had wee Luis to cover up my obvious lack of any ability.

I'm open to correction but I'm sure I've seen more than one person say it(not today).

I was talking about today but I wouldn't be surprised if it was said about him in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Look, we haven't made a good appointment since Rafa, simple.

Kenny was tactically playing decades behind, I think he was fairly glad to be out of it tbh.
    Hodgson was hodgson, I'd rather leave that there. A panic move that was doomed from day 1.
    In some ways Rodgers has been a reaction to Hodgson, we wanted the attacking football back and for a season or so we got it, but we had a revolving door at the back. This season he has gone so far back into his shell that we are neither solid at the back or good up up front.

I thought the post match against Norwich said a lot, he looked to be nervous and feeling the pressure and that transfers into the team. That's why i say go Mr Ancelotti, let him stand up to the pressure and the board and straighten this club out. I do believe in the owners intentions and they have spent on the squad and stadium but they need an effective counter balance on the footballing side.

This whole committee business is a mess. The loans and revolving door transfers are a mess. We need a strong coach able to stand up to the owners, one with enough credibility to get his way.

We don't have a manager like that because FSG didn't want a manager like that. They purposefully brought in a younger man with a positive vernacular to work with what we have and bring on the younger players, and not make too much of a fuss if big money wasn't spent.
    The irony is they ended up spending good money anyway, but at the discretion of a transfer committee and Rodgers himself. It's not all wasted money but you would wonder what calibre of player we could have attracted with a top manager at the helm. Best thing to do now for FSG is sell up before the club loses status, or upgrade the manager.

Sure the team picks itself, I just go and tell them all how outstanding their character is and send them on their way. I haven't a clue about tactics or anything like that, lucky I had wee Luis to cover up my obvious lack of any ability.

Confirmed! :P

Scumbag is to much in my eyes but people are very passionate about Liverpool and emotions run high at times.

Wasn't there a very famous meltdown by a poster on Boards who called a lot of posters on here a lot worse than scumbag because they wanted Rodgers out.

I'm very very passionate about Liverpool, before my partner and kids came along they were the absolute number 1 thing in my life. The thing is, I'm also a realist and I see that we are not the force we were when I had a Hitachi sponsored Liverpool shirt thrown on my back at 2 years of age.

A lot of younger fans could do with realising the same.

This is where I am as well. I'd put some of the blame on FSG as well.

brevity wrote: »
    This is where I am as well. I'd put some of the blame on FSG as well.

I would put a lot more blame at their door than at the feet of Rodgers tbh.

I dont know why your justifying someone calling our manager a scumbag. Its such a weird accusation especially when its based on so little.

Calling him "clueless" or a "spoofer" etc based on his poor decisions/results is sufficient. Passion for your club should not mean you lose your mind in anger and make silly statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm very very passionate about Liverpool, before my partner and kids came along they were the absolute number 1 thing in my life. The thing is, I'm also a realist and I see that we are not the force we were when I had a Hitachi sponsored Liverpool shirt thrown on my back at 2 years of age.

A lot of younger fans could do with realising the same.
    Does it still fit?:p

MD1990 wrote: »
    Does it still fit?:p

I'm sure I could wear it as some sort of balaclava

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

daithijjj wrote: »
    Great to see you posting!

Sorry but this type of stuff is bollox. It doesn't matter if someone has supported the club 5 years or 35 years.

We may not be the all conquering team of the past but we shouldn't have to settle with the manager being happy to draw at home to Norwich.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement