Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Sturridge picked up and injury yet it must be 4.6 hours since he started training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    Was the pre match PC not on today? It's usually 2 days before games in the mornings.

Yes, it was on earlier - just search around!

Love that Molby goal, it's magic.

Look at the Kop too, a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

So Sturridge picked up and injury yet it must be 4.6 hours since he started training.

Subtle as a brick!

In your haste to be 'funny' you seem to have missed a few words!

Missing our 3 best players.

If Utd can't beat us they are even more useless than I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This **** isnt funny. Why dont you save it for the opposition to say.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Missing our 3 best players.

If Utd can't beat us they are even more useless than I thought

Well that's the time for Milner, Clyne, Firmino and Benteke to show their worth as new additions...

Kent sent to Coventry.

Just on loan though.

https://twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/641937010043801600

Saw an interview with Michael Beale earlier, explaining that they will be using the U21 as more like an U19 this season (and so on down the ages) because more of the 18+ year olds are going out on loan, cause L1 or even L2 is far closer to Prem football than U21...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep its clear as day that Liverpool now regard the U21 League as essentially nothing more than a holding pen, loans are the future. With that in mind Brannagan must be part of the EL squad when they announce it.

• Advertisement

Yep its clear as day that Liverpool now regard the U21 League as essentially nothing more than a holding pen, loans are the future. With that in mind Brannagan must be part of the EL squad when they announce it.

Already announced, most of the youths are on the B list -

Full squad: Mignolet, Bogdan, Clyne, Gomez, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Sakho, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Milner, Can, Allen, Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Origi, Ings, Sturridge, Benteke

Under Uefa rules, a player can be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA.

Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption. Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season.

Enrique is back in from the cold. :D

https://twitter.com/LFCphoto/status/641958640858079232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Check out the mock smile and laughing from Brendan. Horrible ****er :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Dickerty wrote: »
    Saw an interview with Michael Beale earlier, explaining that they will be using the U21 as more like an U19 this season (and so on down the ages) because more of the 18+ year olds are going out on loan, cause L1 or even L2 is far closer to Prem football than U21...

That's all well and good in terms of competitiveness of games, but we're ceding all meaningful control of coaching and development of those players to a third party with its own agenda and interests for up to a year, unless you have a really deep understanding and cooperation with the borrowing club.

Strikes me as a bit too focused on one element of the equation, and I have to wonder if it's being driven by cost savings as much as anything else.

corwill wrote: »
    That's all well and good in terms of competitiveness of games, but we're ceding all meaningful control of coaching and development of those players to a third party with its own agenda and interests for up to a year, unless you have a really deep understanding and cooperation with the borrowing club.

Strikes me as a bit too focused on one element of the equation, and I have to wonder if it's being driven by cost savings as much as anything else.

Absolutely not - the £ element would be very small, I would say we are paying some of the wages for a few of them.

For a 18/19 year old, there is only so much more then can take from endless coaching, they need the experience of playing first team games against professionals. Ryan Kent will learn a lot more trying to get joy out of an experienced full back in League 1 than some kid in the youths. They'll be more physical, more savvy, and leave him a lot less room to operate. So he'll learn a lot about himself and his game from that level of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Still has something to offer imo. Never thought he was as bad as others did. He has some qualities.

That LB spot is up for grabs

Morzadec wrote: »
    Still has something to offer imo. Never thought he was as bad as others did. He has some qualities.

That LB spot is up for grabs

After 3 games, it was not up for grabs, such was the clamour for Gomez. How quickly things change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has he injured himself yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Has he posted a selfie yet?

• Advertisement

After 3 games, it was not up for grabs, such was the clamour for Gomez. How quickly things change.

Gomez has done well but he hasn't cemented his place. West Ham completely took him out of the game. And if other teams follow suit we'll need a natural left back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gomez isn't a left back. He won't be playing there long term. He's done very well so far. He's young so he'll make mistakes.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gomez has done well but he hasn't cemented his place. West Ham completely took him out of the game. And if other teams follow suit we'll need a natural left back.

Like Moreno then!

Enrique should be injury cover, no more...

I like Chino, but I'd have Enrique ahead of him.

I like Chino, but I'd have Enrique ahead of him.

By Chino, you mean Moreno? You really think Enrique brings more to the team??

Has he posted a selfie yet?

enrique2.jpg

• Advertisement

Yep, I think the strange dislike people have of him colours their view of what he contributed while he was in the team.

Yep, I think the strange dislike people have of him colours their view of what he contributed while he was in the team.

He's a better right winger than a right back, but Moreno probably is too. But Moreno would bust a gut for us, I can't say the same for Jose...

He's a better right winger than a right back, but Moreno probably is too. But Moreno would bust a gut for us, I can't say the same for Jose...

He's a better left back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Enrique had some fabulous link up play with suarez down the left a few years back. Cant understand why he was frozen out. Was it to move him on because of high wages? It's not like we've an abundance of defensive talent to choose from. He's a great option to have as cover.

I dont think theres a lot between an injury free Enrique and Moreno if I'm honest. But I would rather see Moreno start, I think he has a lot of room to improve. I have high hopes for him but he has been poor for us at LB. Big season for him and I would really like to see him start a number of games in a row. As long as Lovren is not on the left side of the CB pairing that is. It would be a disaster otherwise. He's 23 now and been in England for over a year so the excuses are running out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Enrique had some fabulous link up play with suarez down the left a few years back. Cant understand why he was frozen out.

I thought his form his dangerous levels before he was dropped, no? Not Lovren territory, but bad enough. I could be wrong.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Enrique had some fabulous link up play with suarez down the left a few years back. Cant understand why he was frozen out. Was it to move him on because of high wages? It's not like we've an abundance of defensive talent to choose from. He's a great option to have as cover.

Injuries. Basically missed the last 2 full seasons with knee and calf injuries (50 games in total).

Enrique was great for a while but seemingly never recovered form after a series of injuries. That said he hasnt been given too many opportunities for the last good while. He used to be one of my favourite players.

That Moreno goal against Spurs was one of the goals of the season. Spectacular.

Dispossessing the opposition in his own half, before running the pitch and finishing with aplomb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Ah come on, question the guys ability if you want but he always put a shift in.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That Moreno goal against Spurs was one of the goals of the season. Spectacular.

Dispossessing the opposition in his own half, before running the pitch and finishing with aplomb!

That goal gave him plenty of leeway with fans. Escaped plenty of criticism.

Personally I think he was incredibly poor for us and imo he'll be sold next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

At the risk of opening up a can of worms, I think a lot of players would benefit from having a more experienced manager and management team at the helm. Can & Moreno are two players that I think would improve drastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

no hendo,coutinho,sturridge .. ill take a nil nil right now please, we could get a pasting if we concede early,utd will be all guns blazing for sure,hope we are and play two up top to surprise em,wonder will tex get a look in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NukaCola wrote: »
    Check out the mock smile and laughing from Brendan. Horrible ****er :pac:

Must be a bus nearby.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

So did he make it through the day without getting injured.

• Advertisement

AVB will be another free agent manager at the end of the season.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

AVB will be another free agent manager at the end of the season.:p

Can't say I've ever seen any good reason for him to be our manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The new F365 page is different and scares me. I don't like change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The new F365 page is different and scares me. I don't like change.

I was just thinking that. I liked the mobile unfriendly version. I could scan the whole front page in 3 seconds. This looks like a betfair site or something.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can't say I've ever seen any good reason for him to be our manager.

I'm sure someone can link you a great write up on why AVB is right for Liverpool :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No one willing to start a match fight thread?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No one willing to start a match fight thread?

It'd be locked until Saturday morning if started now I'd say. If it's this time tomorrow night it might survive.

I'm sure zerks has plans for a thread anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

That match thread is going to be a horrible horrible place. Good luck to all redmen who enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Possibly one of the reasons that LFC have put in place rules around what flags are brought into the ground.

https://twitter.com/youlittlequilt/status/642052163691282432

Statement from Sprit of Shankly:

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/statement-about-flags-and-banners-on-the-kop-spion-kop-1906

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

brevity wrote: »
    Possibly one of the reasons that LFC have put in place rules around what flags are brought into the ground.

https://twitter.com/youlittlequilt/status/642052163691282432

Statement from Sprit of Shankly:

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/statement-about-flags-and-banners-on-the-kop-spion-kop-1906

Slowly but surely everything that made the club special is being stripped away. This will make a very poor atmosphere even worse. I HATE this sanitised, corporate thing football, in the PL especially, has become.
    As a side note - can't remember the last time there was so much apathy facing into a United match. From both sides.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement