Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

mikeym wrote: »
    If we dont beat Villa this Saturday Ive had enough.

No excuses Brendan Rodgers!!!!!!!

tumblrmqb94j4uht1rwl09fo1500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'm not sure he and the team are capable. Again, a lot depends on the draw and the fitness of players. Did anybody think Dnipro would make the final last year?

Dnipro probably werent chopping and changing players and formations every 5mins, they could probably string more then 3 passes together and stick the ball in the net ev3ry now and again and more then likely didnt **** themselves every time the opposition got in their half

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

redzerdrog wrote: »
    So we're relying on luck

Cool

Would you expect us to beat Sevilla should they get knocked out of the CL group stages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla are clubs that have shown you can compete for titles and European titles even if your budget doesn't match those in your league these are models Liverpool should be following.

Get the right manager in place and it can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It'll never be the right time to sack Rodgers apparently.

Job for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Would you expect us to beat Sevilla should they get knocked out of the CL group stages?
    Hell, the way we are playing at the moment I don't expect us to beat Carlisle on Wednesday.

noodler wrote: »
    It'll never be the right time to sack Rodgers apparently.

Job for life.

I'm not sure who has said that.

mav79 wrote: »
    Hell, the way we are playing at the moment I don't expect us to beat Carlisle on Wednesday.

Either do I, sadly. 14/1 for Carlisle to win in 90 minutes if you're that way inclined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm not sure who has said that.

People have said it repeatedly for the guts of a year.

That we can't sack him because there is no one else.

It's a peculiar scenario.

The man, ironically, seems to have no character. It's more than just the failures on the pitch. The lack of a game plan or ability to convince that he will improve is really disheartening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Under Rodgers absolutely not, under a manager which sets us up right and yes

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    People have said it repeatedly for the guts of a year.

That we can't sack him because there is no one else.

It's a peculiar scenario.

The man, ironically, seems to have no character. It's more than just the failures on the pitch. The lack of a game plan or ability to convince that he will improve is really disheartening.

If someone like Unai Emery is available and wants the job then he should be the first port of call. The people clamouring for Klopp will be the very ones to get on his back WHEN results start to go bad. Emery, I feel would turn us into a force and have us as realistic challengers for the title every season aswell as bringing success in Europe.

If there is nobody better available then I truly don't see the point in sacking the man in charge.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Under Rodgers absolutely not, under a manager which sets us up right and yes

We'll have to agree to disagree then, I would have Sevilla as heavy favourites to beat any English team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That's the thing though. Even if we achieve 74 points and it's not enough, still people would give out. You know it ad well as I do.

So what? That has nothing to do with anything.

If we're achieving a decent points total at least there's a debate, and a reason to continue trying the same, or similar things.

As it stands, we're not doing anywhere near enough to take advantage of any slip ups. What we're doing isn't working, and hasn't been working for over a year. Continuing to do the same things doesn't make any sense.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If someone like Unai Emery is available and wants the job then he should be the first port of call. The people clamouring for Klopp will be the very ones to get on his back WHEN results start to go bad. Emery, I feel would turn us into a force and have us as realistic challengers for the title every season aswell as bringing success in Europe.

If there is nobody better available then I truly don't see the point in sacking the man in charge.

It would be madness to hire someone, no matter how impressive their record, who doesn't speak the main language of the club.

Many people think that there are definitely alternatives available better than Rodgers, not just Klopp or Ancelotti (even if we assume both would come to Liverpool).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can we all just talk in questions?

Who's line is it anyway?

5starpool wrote: »
    It would be madness to hire someone, no matter how impressive their record, who doesn't speak the main language of the club.

Many people think that there are definitely alternatives available better than Rodgers, not just Klopp or Ancelotti (even if we assume both would come to Liverpool).

He strikes me as the kind of manager who would have the language perfected within a couple of months. Obviously he's not fluent but I'm sure he could get by as well as Rafa did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He strikes me as the kind of manager who would have the language perfected within a couple of months. Obviously he's not fluent but I'm sure he could get by as well as Rafa did.

Have you ever learnt another language?
    You cannot have a language perfected in a couple of months.

Rafa already spoke decent English when he arrived in Liverpool.

I don't think so. Rafa wasn't fluent by any means, but from what I've read of Emery, his English is very basic, even compared to Rafa's. Also, I'm not sure he'd want to leave a position he has given so much to in order to come to Liverpool which would be a huge gamble for him.

If neither of the headline acts are available I'd like to see de Boer approached.

If language wasn't a problem then Emery or even Bielsa would be great contenders, but all things considered I think they would be a huge gamble.

If language wasn't a problem then Emery or even Bielsa would be great contenders, but all things considered I think they would be a huge gamble.

I think Emery would be worth the risk, he has performed miracles with Sevilla and is light years ahead of Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla are clubs that have shown you can compete for titles and European titles even if your budget doesn't match those in your league these are models Liverpool should be following.

Get the right manager in place and it can be done.

A manager is only a part of the reason of success for those clubs, we would be doomed to make the same transfer mistakes with Klopp or Ancelotti with this idiotic transfer committee still in place. A solid recruitment policy and club ethos is needed to emulate those clubs and that will take years to build.

I reckon some of you are getting paid by post made ! Impressive stuff!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I reckon some of you are getting paid by post made ! Impressive stuff!

Top 10 posters on this thread. Impressively quick jump straight into number 2.

Agent Coulson 174
    Caovyn Lineah 96
    Turtyturd 92
    Harry Palmr 90
    rarnes1 82
    5starpool 82
    Potential Underachiever 79
    brevity 78
    Grayditch 75
    Tipsy McSwagger 73

Agent Coulson 174
    Caovyn Lineah 96
    Turtyturd 92
    Harry Palmr 90
    rarnes1 82
    5starpool 82
    brevity 78
    Grayditch 75
    Tipsy McSwagger 73

What can I say, yesterday was a quiet day.

Agent Coulson 174
    Caovyn Lineah 96
    Turtyturd 92
    Harry Palmr 90
    rarnes1 82
    5starpool 82
    brevity 78
    Grayditch 75
    Tipsy McSwagger 73

Ok Time for a break :p

Off to the wrestling thread for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You were told that weeks ago by the Director of Conversation.

• Advertisement

There was a chap that used to post at an incredible rate a few years back. Can't remember his name now. Power to the sprinters!

Off to the wrestling thread for me.

See you there, just watched NOC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rob316 wrote: »
    A manager is only a part of the reason of success for those clubs, we would be doomed to make the same transfer mistakes with Klopp or Ancelotti with this idiotic transfer committee still in place. A solid recruitment policy and club ethos is needed to emulate those clubs and that will take years to build.

Is the problem the transfer committee though?

Gerrard said only last week about the calibre of player the club wanted, Kross, Willian etc, about how Balotelli was the result of a few knock backs from others.

I despair as much as the next man every time Liverpool sign a Lallana or a Downing for similar money to what Mata or Silva cost, but what's the alternative if these calibre of players are not interested?

Granted there's been a few disasters, but Liverpool were awful for spending poorly long before the transfer committee was formed. From Collymore to Diouf, Keane, Carroll and Lovern. Every manager of the club over the last 20 years has form for it. It's not as if the transfer committee have done any worse than the previous systems in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What can I say, yesterday was a quiet day.

Not on thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Stats confirmed point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Agent Coulson 174
    Caovyn Lineah 96
    Turtyturd 92
    Harry Palmr 90
    rarnes1 82
    5starpool 82
    brevity 78
    Grayditch 75
    Tipsy McSwagger 73

****s sake. I don't even qualify for europe.

Harry is Arsenal

Just as well I have 3 now 4 on an ignore list and don't engage with them or the thread would be hitting the 10k posts very very quickly. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    There was a chap that used to post at an incredible rate a few years back. Can't remember his name now. Power to the sprinters!

SotS I think. Practically every second post for a wee while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rodgers needs to go but you can be sure it will be after the tough run of games before he gets the bullet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Granted there's been a few disasters, but Liverpool were awful for spending poorly long before the transfer committee was formed. From Collymore to Diouf, Keane, Carroll and Lovern. Every manager of the club over the last 20 years has form for it. It's not as if the transfer committee have done any worse than the previous systems in place

Very harsh on Collymore - great goalscorer for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

TAW just posted a stat on Twitter. Since the Man U game at Anfield Liverpool have 5 wins, 5 draws and 8 defeats in competitive games. The 5 wins were against the might of Newcastle, QPR, Stoke, Bournemouth and Blackburn.

No idea how Rodgers still has a job to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I think Emery would be worth the risk, he has performed miracles with Sevilla and is light years ahead of Klopp.

Emery has been greatly helped at Sevilla by their DOF.
    As was Klopp at Dortmund.
    If either were gettable, in a dream world it would be manager + DOF.

One thing both of the above managed on a far more consistent manner than Rodgers was the ability to get the max out of the players at their disposal and often over achieve.
    That's something that Rodgers is struggling to get anywhere near.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

murpho999 wrote: »
    Have you ever learnt another language?
    You cannot have a language perfected in a couple of months.

Rafa already spoke decent English when he arrived in Liverpool.

Yeah but he had to dump that plan and learn scouse..

slingerz wrote: »
    Rodgers needs to go but you can be sure it will be after the tough run of games before he gets the bullet

The end of October could break him imo.
    Difficult fixtures coupled with already poor results at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

If FSG are found out to be talking with Klopp and Ancelotti and it's released to the media tomorrow while Rodgers is still in the job that also causes problems.

Rodgers knows he is a deadman walking but hasn't been fired yet what does that do for squad moral.

If that were to happen, it will reflect terribly on FSG, but I don't think the world would be shocked either. However, it's still a better alternative than sacking Rodgers and hoping there is somebody better interested in the job after the fact.

People talk about Ancelotti and Klopp, yet Ancelotti said he's taking a year out, and Klopp said he's taking a break also, he might fancy a year out too. Then what, we end up with another Roy or Rodgers?

brevity wrote: »

I'm not even midtable any more. Keep it up and I could be relegated to the Spurs forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If elected manager of LFC, I'll make Sakho captain, play a diamond, and two strikers up top.

I'll hand out free material for flags and banners, enshrine Daniel Sturridge in bubble wrap, and compose non Lion King rip off songs for Benteke and Mignolet.

I've gone into more detail in my blog; Why Knex will be a success at Liverpool.

Now where do I sign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »

Early days yet, but you really should be looking to overtake Harry. His fans will say he has the best content in every thread, but the reality is he still can't get beyond being the fourth best contributor. Maybe injuring his fingers after every couple of posts, or being too stubborn to buy world class broadband is preventing him from reaching his potential, or maybe his fans are just delusional.

Harry benefits from a loan system, whereby he gets all the good young posts from the Guardian and plays them out here until their developed enough to move on for a profit.

Early days yet, but you really should be looking to overtake Harry. His fans will say he has the best content in every thread, but the reality is he still can't get beyond being the fourth best contributor. Maybe injuring his fingers after every couple of posts, or being too stubborn to buy world class broadband is preventing him from reaching his potential, or maybe his fans are just delusional.

Maybe he feels that there is no world class broadband out there, and what's available is overpriced.

And that he can 'cultivate' unknown/youth broadband

Benzino wrote: »
    If that were to happen, it will reflect terribly on FSG, but I don't think the world would be shocked either. However, it's still a better alternative than sacking Rodgers and hoping there is somebody better interested in the job after the fact.

People talk about Ancelotti and Klopp, yet Ancelotti said he's taking a year out, and Klopp said he's taking a break also, he might fancy a year out too. Then what, we end up with another Roy or Rodgers?

Another Roy Rodgers? I thought we were done with American Cowboys.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Fuck the Dallas Cowboys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    If elected manager of LFC, I'll make Sakho captain, play a diamond, and two strikers up top.

I'll hand out free material for flags and banners, enshrine Daniel Sturridge in bubble wrap, and compose non Lion King rip off songs for Benteke and Mignolet.

I've gone into more detail in my blog; Why Knex will be a success at Liverpool.

Now where do I sign?
    Put in a good word for Harry to get a youth team role. He loves the youngsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Maybe that's FSG plan, move and turn us into a MLS team. Surely we would win that league, right? RIGHT?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement