Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If Firmino could grab a goal or 2 along with Ings it would only be a great thing for us.

Spending £29m on a player should get you a player who does not need goals against Carlisle to boost his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

murpho999 wrote: »
    Spending £29m on a player should get you a player who does not need goals against Carlisle to boost his confidence.

It's hardly unreasonable to not expect a player from a different league with a different footballing background to be an instant success. Some players need a while to settle, regardless of how much they were bought for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Well it wouldnt do him any harm to get off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We're awful at buying players who are good off the mark, so anything that will help him out before we inevitably send him off on loan, never to be seen again, would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Firmino is crap and will be gone in the next transfer window.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

You think Firmino will be sold in January? Please place a wager on that with me, a very substantial one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

To be fair, he'll probably end up on loan somewhere.

You think Firmino will be sold in January? Please place a wager on that with me, a very substantial one.

I said gone not sold. He will be loaned out and sold next summer or soon after, he's pure muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I dunno how you've come to that conclusion (that he is crap) considering he's played maybe 4 or 5 games, in a new team and in the wrong position. And by a manger who probably didn't want him signed...

• Advertisement

I said gone not sold. He will be loaned out and sold next summer or soon after, he's pure muck.

Place a wager on it. And I mean a substantial one, back up your nonsense for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

FFS, writing off a player this soon is just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Arsenal were well beaten on the day, West ham showed up and did a job on them. Doesnt matter. They showed up and did a job on us too. We were both beaten. Couldnt care less about who had more shots on goal.

Shots on goal is a guide to who is doing the attacking.....I wouldnt have a problem getting beaten by West Ham at home if we showed attacking intent, but we were woeful in both attack and defence...and Rodgers has to take a lot of the blame for that. 20 mins in the obvious replacement was Moreno at left back, and take off either Lovern or Gomez....instead he takes off someone else and changes a system wher the commentators noted on numerous occasions that the players didnt look like they knew what they should be doing.....game was lost long before Coutinho got sent off

So he's fully settled in England, played in the correct position and we've a decent sample size to make that call, yeah?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'Make a bet with me'

The modern day online equivalent of pistols at dawn.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we didn't play a full strength team away to Bordeaux, I can't see us playign a full strength team at home to Carlisle.

Carlisle are 10th in league 2, but are actually top scorers in the division. We will field a weaker team, but aside from maybe 2 or 3 players (Rossiter, Chirivella, Branagan) should only be selecting from senior players.

Bogdan, Lovren, Toure, Allen, Origi, Ibe should all feature from the start I reckon. Sturridge might even get a run out to improve fitness. Enrique should probably start too.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Make a bet with me'

I'm happy to pay up if I'm wrong. It's about time he started trying to back up his nonsensical opinions.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll bet €100 that Firmino won't be in Liverpool on June 20th next summer.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll bet €100 that Firmino won't be in Liverpool on June 20th next summer.

Ohh you crafty lass

Shots on goal is a guide to who is doing the attacking.....I wouldnt have a problem getting beaten by West Ham at home if we showed attacking intent, but we were woeful in both attack and defence...and Rodgers has to take a lot of the blame for that. 20 mins in the obvious replacement was Moreno at left back, and take off either Lovern or Gomez....instead he takes off someone else and changes a system wher the commentators noted on numerous occasions that the players didnt look like they knew what they should be doing.....game was lost long before Coutinho got sent off

Yes, it is only a guide. Shot on goal also includes 30yard dribblers when people are getting desperate. I would rather go with what I saw actually watching the game live, than the stats afterwards. Stats can be construed into whatever you want them to be. Arsenal got done just like we got done. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm happy to pay up if I'm wrong. .

How will he collect it?

• Advertisement

How will he collect it?

From experience bank transfers are very easy, unless he wants to travel to collect it. Don't worry, I'm not expecting him to take me up on the offer that he is so sure of happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You see how can you expect anyone to take your posts seriously if you write a player off after 6 games? Pure muck? FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

magma69 wrote: »
    It's hardly unreasonable to not expect a player from a different league with a different footballing background to be an instant success. Some players need a while to settle, regardless of how much they were bought for.
    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Well it wouldnt do him any harm to get off the mark.

No but in my experience most successful players settle quickly and get off to a good start such as Torres and Suarez etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Are you on drugs :rolleyes:

rob316 wrote: »
    You see how can you expect anyone to take your posts seriously if you write a player off after 6 games? Pure muck? FFS

I said it about Markovic too and I was bang on.

TAKE THE BET. TAKE THE BET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I bet my bet is bigger than your bet. In fact, my bet will better yous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Grayditch wrote: »
    TAKE THE BET. TAKE THE BET.

I'd be worried about him not being round long enough to pay up although that is probably a win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Put your money where your mouth is?

The guy a Brazilian international adapting to a new league and country. He's hardly been shocking while playing in a position he's not accustomed to. You may end out being right but it's nothing but foolish to make a call lkie that 6 games into a season.

No you weren't. He actually looked really good in the highlights on loan at the weekend. I'm not sure how you can't see the contradiction in thinking the manager is completely clueless but then blaming the players and writing them off rather than removing the route of the problem before we judge them.

• Advertisement

I don't mind someone giving their opinion of a player, manager etc.
    But to make such a idiotic statement on a player after 6 games is just mindblowing.
    Did you actually watch the game on Saturday ?
    When Firmino came on he was very bright and you could see the class he has. IF he is played in his CORRECT position he will excel for us.
    I will wager any bet you want on this, someone on here can escrow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Firmino written off after 237 minutes of football. There are no words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Coutinho is occupying Firminos best position currently. If benteke's injury keeps him out for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't mind seeing Firmino playing off the striker, be it Sturridge or Ings.

Ings has really played himself into the team now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him either not play against Carlisle on Wednesday or just be introduced as a sub in order to rest him for the weekend. Hopefully sinclair gets another chance and i wouldn't mind seeing Chirevella get some more minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we learned our lesson of not replacing Suarez before he left and Firmino was bought knowing we could and probably will lose Coutinho next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Here's a little comparison between our best player,nth at touted as being wanted by Barca and our new signing that's played less minutes than 3 games in total and is being written off by McSawgger

While Roberto hasn't scored or assisted yet, there's little difference between the two really stat wise. Obviously The Count had contributed more but to write off the Count-Duke at this stage is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this thread has gone full retard

Colemania wrote: »
    Coutinho is occupying Firminos best position currently. If benteke's injury keeps him out for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't mind seeing Firmino playing off the striker, be it Sturridge or Ings.

I'd really like to see Coutinho pulled deeper. I think we could get Firmino into his best position and add badly needed creatively to midfield.

Lucas

Milner
    Coutinho

Firmino

Ings----Sturridge

You gotta love this guy :)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/dalglish-auction-1984-european-cup-10110131

wrote:

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish is auctioning off his 1984 European Cup winner’s medal to raise money for charity.

The prized piece of memorabilia from the final triumph against Roma in the Stadio Olimpico on May 30, 1984 will go under the hammer after the remarkable gesture from the 64-year-old Scot, who has served the Reds with such distinction as player, manager and now club ambassador.

The sale of the medal will generate a significant sum of cash for the Marina Dalglish Appeal, which helps to raise funds for cancer sufferers and their family.

Liverpool won their fourth European Cup 5-3 on penalties after the final in Italy had finished 1-1 after extra-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Italian Rumour Klaxon !!!!!!!!!

http://www.calciomercatoweb.it
    ROME - His name is Carlo Ancelotti last sensational idea of Liverpool for the bench. The 'Reds' are in black crisis and the position of Brendan Rodgers is now really in the balance: Liverpool is even thirteenth in the Premier League and in the last four races of the championship has taken just two points. Very little for a team that, at the beginning of the championship, was indicated by many as the possible surprise of this season: according to some indiscretions gathered by our staff, the leadership of Anfield would be ready to change technical and have already started contacts with the ' entourage Ancelotti. An operation that is a difficult, but not impossible: the former Real may surprise everyone and say yes to the team, which in 2005 surpassed his Milan in the Champions League final at the end of an incredible comeback.

Daniel Braithwaite - James Auriemma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

CPhEZgJVAAAep6O.jpg
    Liverpool is not sent to me, I came because I wanted

They fookin love him

No but in my experience most successful players settle quickly and get off to a good start such as Torres and Suarez etc.

They usually do, but where's the problem with hoping Firminho plays and scores against Carlisle. Its inane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great, lets write off every player that comes in and doesn't make an impact after 6 games because Markovic didn't. :rolleyes:

He was voted as one of the top 30 players in Europe last season, 38 goals in 140 app for Hoffenheim as an AM. He is a whole different calibre to Markovic.

Give him time and a run in his proper position he will make you eat your words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

brevity wrote: »
    I dunno, I could see them making an offer. He is inconsistent but this season I'd say he's on a bit of a mission to get out of Liverpool.

An offer of 30 / 40 is easy to turn down and they won't bid more than that, not at his current level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

'Make a bet with me'

If it was only that good.
    SWL90755.jpg

Tipsy's useless 6

Mignolet - Worst keeper in the league, has worse distribution than zavvi.com
    Skrtel - Should have been sold years ago, looks dumb plays dumb
    Lovren - Put a scarecrow in his position and it will play better
    Allen - Rodgers little adopted child, should be playing for Watford or Burnley
    Can - Slows down the play so much I thought my Telly had froze
    Firmino - Girly man who looks like Gok Wan's sister, hasn't the bottle for the Premier League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Italian Rumour Klaxon !!!!!!!!!

You gotta love those google translate paragraphs!

It reads like my homework when used copy off someone else and use the thesaurus to change some words so the teacher wouldn't cop it

Tipsy's useless 6

Firmino - Girly man who looks like Gok Wan's sister, hasn't the bottle for the Premier League

Good lord.

Migs is certainly someone who needs replacing. Apparently one of the times at the weekend when he did his patended pretend to throw it quickly then hold onto it for as long as possible he turned and berated Moreno for not giving him an option. Huge parts of the Kop erupted at him and told him to stop blaming Moreno, you are the ****ing problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Tipsy's useless 6

tumblr_lhazn27dNx1qbu1qvo1_500.gif

Migs is certainly someone who needs replacing. Apparently one of the times at the weekend when he did his patended pretend to throw it quickly then hold onto it for as long as possible he turned and berated Moreno for not giving him an option. Huge parts of the Kop erupted at him and told him to stop blaming Moreno, you are the ****ing problem.

He's a backup keeper and should have been replaced during the summer. The issue is, who would you replace him with?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement