Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ha Ha, Tipsey living up to his name. Good man. Are people actully taking him seriously?? :P:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ha Ha, Tipsey living up to his name. Good man. Are people actully taking him seriously?? :P:D:D

He knows how to clear a room...bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

He's a backup keeper and should have been replaced during the summer. The issue is, who would you replace him with?

We have people at the club who are paid huge amounts of money to answer that question. I certainly don't have enough knowledge of keepers available to start bull****ting about replacement. The reailty is he isnt good enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers throws Bogdan in out of the blue as apparently he was going mental on the side lines a few times when Migs failed to release it quickly. The mistake itself was only part of what I thought was one of his worst games ever which is saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Tipsy's useless 6

Mignolet - Worst keeper in the league, has worse distribution than zavvi.com
    Skrtel - Should have been sold years ago, looks dumb plays dumb
    Lovren - Put a scarecrow in his position and it will play better
    Allen - Rodgers little adopted child, should be playing for Watford or Burnley
    Can - Slows down the play so much I thought my Telly had froze
    Firmino - Girly man who looks like Gok Wan's sister, hasn't the bottle for the Premier League

Agree apart from Can and Firmino. With a manager who knows how to get the best out of them, they could be valuable players for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    They usually do, but where's the problem with hoping Firminho plays and scores against Carlisle. Its inane.

Just reminds me of people hoping that Andy Carroll would get going in lower level cup games. Often a sign of doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

NukaCola wrote: »
    Firmino written off after 237 minutes of football. There are no words.

I reckon he'll be a flop. Not because of his performances, ability or potential, but because Liverpool have signed him for big money and players Liverpool sign for big money usually flop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think as long as Rodgers is here then there is a risk of things not working out with Firmino.

The sooner AnceKloppi arrives the better, for all our players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

We haven't been realistic top 4 challengers since 2009. That's why.

we had every chance to get the top 4 last season but Mr. Rodgers threw in the towel early....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

brevity wrote: »
    Agree apart from Can and Firmino. With a manager who knows how to get the best out of them, they could be valuable players for us.

Fair enough but when I thought about Can it occurred to me he adds absolutely nothing to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Tipsy's useless 6

Mignolet - Worst keeper in the league, has worse distribution than zavvi.com
    Skrtel - Should have been sold years ago, looks dumb plays dumb
    Lovren - Put a scarecrow in his position and it will play better
    Allen - Rodgers little adopted child, should be playing for Watford or Burnley
    Can - Slows down the play so much I thought my Telly had froze
    Firmino - Girly man who looks like Gok Wan's sister, hasn't the bottle for the Premier League

Hard to argue with those points. I think Can will turn out to be a good player, although maybe not in the Premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

x43r0 wrote: »
    You gotta love those google translate paragraphs!

It reads like my homework when used copy off someone else and use the thesaurus to change some words so the teacher wouldn't cop it

Used the new thesaurus.
    Nothing to write house about.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fair enough but when I thought about Can it occurred to me he adds absolutely nothing to the team.

He's a player who needs a good coach to mould him. He actually has pretty much everything...pace carrying the ball, tackling, physicality, passing ability, athleticism. What he needs is the right coach to show him when to do what. He wastes a lot of energy bombing around without achieving anything, when a bit more experience and knowledge would see him use this energy more effectively.

Very very much like a young Henderson. I think Shelvey had a similar issue, though over the past while he's learned exactly that lesson. I'd be surprised if by 23 Can wasn't showing a similar/greater level of performance.

I think Can would benefit the most from Klopp coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did we ever replace Dr. Zaf?

Dr. Eva quit today I wonder would she move out of London and up to Liverpool to help our injury prone players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did we ever replace Dr. Zaf?

Dr. Eva quit today I wonder would she move out of London and up to Liverpool to help our injury prone players.
    Would be a great signing probably the real reason willian picked Chelsea over us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Hard to argue with those points. I think Can will turn out to be a good player, although maybe not in the Premiership.

So you 100% believe that Mignolet is THE worst keeper in the premier league?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Back to fkin normal. The two lads have made sh!t of the thread once again.

Am I the only one who has a suspicion that they're the same person up to some ridiculous game with fk all else to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I admit I'm being hard on Can but he is like the invisible man this season, hope he proves me wrong and Firmino does too, the other four are lost causes though.

Am I the only one who has a suspicion that they're the same person up to some ridiculous game with fk all else to do?

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We have people at the club who are paid huge amounts of money to answer that question. I certainly don't have enough knowledge of keepers available to start bull****ting about replacement. The reailty is he isnt good enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers throws Bogdan in out of the blue as apparently he was going mental on the side lines a few times when Migs failed to release it quickly. The mistake itself was only part of what I thought was one of his worst games ever which is saying something.

I absolutely agree with your first sentence here. Just because you're not a one man scouting team doesn't mean you're not entitled to express a view that a player isn't good enough.

Personally, Mignolet isn't good enough overall but I really don't think he's a priority replacement right now. He actually hasn't been too bad over the past few months, but you can never trust him.

I wouldn't mind Bogdan playing his way into the first team if he gets a chance because I don't think there is too much between both keepers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who?

Don't get too upset. I'd say you're included.

Turtyturd wrote: »

That's a horrendous accusation.

That's a horrendous accusation.

Want to make a wager on if I'm right or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

monkey9 wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with your first sentence here. Just because you're not a one man scouting team doesn't mean you're not entitled to express a view that a player isn't good enough.

I'm also on board with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ok, who would you replace him with?

Want to make a wager on if I'm right or not?

Go for it. A gentlemans bet,ill loosen that term just for you.

• Advertisement

Lewandowski lads !

Lewandowski lads !

Rodgers out for not attempting to sign him

Oh and Balotelli scored a free kick for Milan tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lewandowski lads !

5 goals 9 minutes crazy.

I don't think I have ever seen a double hat-trick it would be amazing to see.

5 goals 9 minutes crazy.

He just had one cleared off the line too

• Advertisement

Go for it. A gentlemans bet,ill loosen that term just for you.

:D

Touch a nerve princess?

:D

Touch a nerve princess?

You have an awful high opinion of yourself sir.

Thread is a car crash the past few days. No idea why

rarnes1 wrote: »

Blame Brendan

What would you like to discuss to get it back on track?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5 goals 9 minutes crazy.

It's taken us 7 games to score 5 goals :o

What do you mean by that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Could be another SotS type thing. Something odd all right.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cheeky bid for Lewandowski, seems in form and could do a job at left back forming a partnership with McLovernIT

It's taken us 7 games to score 5 goals :o

One of them have posted this in the humour thread haven't they?

• Advertisement

Remember the good auld days when you could drop an NSFW gif right about now to break the tension

Not yet but I'd wager it'll be in there soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Not sure. I don't bother with the humour thread too much any more...same pair of pricks seem to be doing most of the posting. If it was funny I wouldn't mind but most of it is just....ugh. Usually get more laughs in here anyway. Tipsy's post earlier for example.

What do you mean by that?

I actually meant a train :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Remember the good auld days when you could drop an NSFW gif right about now to break the tension

Thems were the days. Till the voice of reason had a say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The old ignore function is great on two accounts.

You don't get annoyed with the constant static.

And 40 post pages go down to about 5:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The old ignore function is great on two accounts.

You don't get annoyed with the constant static.

And 40 post pages go down to about 5:)

I have everybody except you on ignore. This is me just rambling.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Blame Brendan

I just want anybody else
    When I think about him
    I cut myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Agreed. Very hard to read. One poster in particular is cluster bombing the thread with one line attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just saw this, erm, elsewhere. On this day in 1993, Robbie Fowler had his debut and this goal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement