Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Wow Balotelli's goal will be one of the freekicks of the season across any of the leagues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Damien360 wrote: »
    Agreed. Very hard to read. One poster in particular is cluster bombing the thread with one line attacks.

You should report him if it's a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Like Gerrard in his final few seasons, maybe they need to introduce 'special teams' to get a return from Balotelli?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Oh and Balotelli scored a free kick for Milan tonight.
    Wow Balotelli's goal will be one of the freekicks of the season across any of the leagues.

Some goal in fairness

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Keeper was terrible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trouble with Balotelli is, it will be this time next year he does it again, while Suarez will do it game in game out.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Keeper was terrible?

Just dipped below bar close to bar, while being above bar most of the time. It led keeper into false sense of security , he thought it was going over when it fact it was perfectly hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Keeper was terrible?

Would you stop. In real time that shot is hit with incredible power right into the corner. Its OK you know to give the lad a little ctedit now and again.

IN all fairness it would be wrong to sack Brendan at this moment in time. He has got all the right tools to build a team, he just needs to learn how to use them, learn how to plug them into the right sockets ,only then will they power up and perform.
    I think results will improve and once we hit our stride consistency will appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

IN all fairness it would be wrong to sack Brendan at this moment in time.

That's very debatable. 6 wins in our last 20 games. Plenty of money spent and this season hitting the skids just as last season finished. Players coming in and being shipped out, back room staff being axed. Eventually, the buck's gotta stop with Rodgers.

I mean, if we can't blame him, maybe we can blame his mentor...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So you 100% believe that Mignolet is THE worst keeper in the premier league?

Maybe not the worst, but not of the required standard. Sunderland was his level.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Hopefully Mario has a cracking year over there and they actually stump up the cash for him. best all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hopefully Mario has a cracking year over there and they actually stump up the cash for him. best all round.

No matter how he does they'll probably ask for the same deal next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Danny Ings, Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino are all expected to start v Carlisle. (Bascombe) #LFC

Might throw a few quid on Ings to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Honest question, is it really that outrageous for people to predict that Firmino (or whoever else) won't be a success at Liverpool? Aside from the whole "you should support your clubs players" argument, for the more casual fans or supporters of other clubs I would think they are allowed have opinions like this. In a years time they could well be right.

For the record I think/hope Firmino will come good, but don't see why people shouldn't be allowed make a prediction, it's not as if we're in the crowd roaring at the players telling them they will be a failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This issue is people who make these wild eyed predictions do so from a position of utter ignorance as a rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Danny Ings, Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino are all expected to start v Carlisle. (Bascombe) #LFC

So hopefully ings and firmino up front then lallana in no.10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Honest question, is it really that outrageous for people to predict that Firmino (or whoever else) won't be a success at Liverpool? Aside from the whole "you should support your clubs players" argument, for the more casual fans or supporters of other clubs I would think they are allowed have opinions like this. In a years time they could well be right.

For the record I think/hope Firmino will come good, but don't see why people shouldn't be allowed make a prediction, it's not as if we're in the crowd roaring at the players telling them they will be a failure.

It is if he has played barely a handful of games, none of which were in his preferred position.

Everyone is entitled to their views of course but this is a discussion forum so people should expect a bit of back and fourth, especially when something rather controversial was said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

brevity wrote: »
    It is if he has played barely a handful of games, none of which were in his preferred position.

Everyone is entitled to their views of course but this is a discussion forum so people should expect a bit of back and fourth, especially when something rather controversial was said.

Fair answer, agree it isn't completely fair to judge him for multiple reasons (games, position, new league etc.). But there have been players in the past where after a handful of games it was clear that they were not going to be a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In Fergie's new book, apparently.

zl1Ag6w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Making a prediction is fine I think. Stating a fact is something different. In both cases you should have enough data/evidence to back up your statement though, or expect to be called on it.

Calling a highly rated player "crap" based on less than 300 minutes of football is outrageous IMO. Backing up that opinion with stuff like "he hasn't the bottle for the premier league" while making fun of his appearance is not what I'd call a prediction anyway, which is where all the Firmino stuff has come from in the thread tonight.

When it comes to Firmino all we can really go off is his time in Germany where he was highly rated. Plenty of stats to back up why he should be a success here but I dont want to get into that really.

So, no its not outrageous to predict a player will fail, but if you cant back that up or at least outline a reasonable explanation for your conclusion then you should be expected to be called out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I've never added anyone to an ignore list on boards before now. 2 posters down and I feel like a new man.

Hopefully Ings starts up front with Firmino playing close to him. Would love to see Ings run riot.

This user is on your ignore list. Please ignore this post.

Knex. wrote: »

You're Knext.

Basically my post above is the equivalent of putting someone on ignore, only then posting about how you put them on ignore. :P

Some Italian paper said we've asked for a sit down with Carlo.

Throw money at his face.

Basically my post above is the equivalent of putting someone on ignore, only then posting about how you put them on ignore. :P

I wasn't interacting with them and no longer see their posts. I'd classify that as ignoring.

And after I'm not sure how many posts of ****e I've had to wade through thanks to the two of them, it felt good to get it off my chest that it will no longer be an issue.

Edit: You and your sneaky edits :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some Italian paper said we've asked for a sit down with Carlo.

Throw money at his face.

"Hey Carlo, its me. Ian. Eh, Ian Ayre, no? I'm that pillock that works for Liverpool, who rides a bike and goes around giving fellas piggy backs and the ol' thumbs up?"

Carlo-Ancelotti-Chelsea-007.jpg

"No, no. Wait. I've a proposition for you"

carlo-ancelotti_1627660c.jpg

"Here, la".

giphy.gif

131212-carlo-ancelotti-496x286.jpg

ian-ayre_1743554c.jpg

• Advertisement

"Hey Carlo, its me. Ian. Eh, Ian Ayre, no? I'm that pillock that works for Liverpool, who rides a bike and goes around giving fellas piggy backs and the ol' thumbs up?"

Carlo-Ancelotti-Chelsea-007.jpg

"No, no. Wait. I've a proposition for you"

carlo-ancelotti_1627660c.jpg

"Here, la".

giphy.gif

131212-carlo-ancelotti-496x286.jpg

ian-ayre_1743554c.jpg

Bang of wannabe Grayditch off this. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Keeper was terrible?

If it Ming I'd say a fair few of us would be giving out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    If it Ming I'd say a fair few of us would be giving out.

Yep, just seemed to stop and give up. Maybe he was just badly deceived by the flight of the ball as Toby said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thems were the days. Till the voice of reason had a say.

You can drop it within spoilers sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's not the views expressed on here that are beginning to put me off, not by any means, it's the shrill, strident, 2nd-worst-pass-English-teacher-in-the-school-by-day, king-of-the-internet-by-night tone from some when expressing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

corwill wrote: »
    It's not the views expressed on here that are beginning to put me off, not by any means, it's the shrill, strident, 2nd-worst-pass-English-teacher-in-the-school-by-day, king-of-the-internet-by-night tone from some when expressing them.

B+ Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

Bang of wannabe Grayditch off this. :D

Bang of fecking genius, you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Is this the beginning of the end for Rodgers? No smoke without fire and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

flanzer wrote: »
    Is this the beginning of the end for Rodgers? No smoke without fire and all that

The problem is with FSG. I stated a good few months ago they want to sell the club, of course I was shot down by the usual ignorant bunch on here that I was talking shyte (just like I said Rodgers had lost the dressing room and I was bang on). But it's crystal clear they have had enough, want to triple their money and get the hell out of dodge. They have no interest in the awful results and if they did Rodgers would have been sacked ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The problem is with FSG. I stated a good few months ago they want to sell the club, of course I was shot down by the usual ignorant bunch on here that I was talking shyte (just like I said Rodgers had lost the dressing room and I was bang on). But it's crystal clear they have had enough, want to triple their money and get the hell out of dodge. They have no interest in the awful results and if they did Rodgers would have been sacked ages ago.

You have literally no solid information to back that up with. Waffle,
    nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Do you think the Ancelloti to Liverpool rumours are a smoke screen for an FSG sell out?

• Advertisement

The problem is with FSG. I stated a good few months ago they want to sell the club.................I said Rodgers had lost the dressing room and I was bang on................

Struggling to fathom how you think you are right on either point.
    The may well sell the club eventually, will you be correct than?

You seem to be like some nutter standing at dawn muttering it will get dark soon.

The Ancelotti rumours came from an Italian gossip site I think, there is nothing in them IMO.

I'd also agree with Tipsy, FSG will be looking to get out IMO...

The Ancelotti rumours came from an Italian gossip site I think, there is nothing in them IMO.

I'd also agree with Tipsy, FSG will be looking to get out IMO...

Why do you think they are looking to get out? Surely that makes no sense until the work on the stadium is complete at the very least...

flanzer wrote: »
    Do you think the Ancelloti to Liverpool rumours are a smoke screen for an FSG sell out?

They want to sell, it doesn't matter about rumors who the next manager is. When you have a manager doing as badly as Rodgers the hot favourites to replace him will be the two best managers currently not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They want to sell, it doesn't matter about rumors who the next manager is. When you have a manager doing as badly as Rodgers the hot favourites to replace him will be the two best managers currently not working.

Do they actually want to sell, after a 150M investment in the stadium it would be a madness to sell, perhaps in a few years when the new stand is paying itself off it would make sense.

But i guess if a moneyball Arabian king comes in, it would be hard to say no....

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Why do you think they are looking to get out? Surely that makes no sense until the work on the stadium is complete at the very least...

Oh they will wait till the stadium is done alright. I think the restrictions on FFP might have had an impact but with Liverpool I'd say they saw an opportunity to buy low, refurbish (better stadium & better revenue streams) and then sell.

This summer was a pretty big indication though, if they really wanted to stick with the club Rodgers would have been gone.

It's just a gut feeling really...hopefully I don't have to put my first born down as collateral :)

The real question today is Fifa or PES.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Do they actually want to sell, after a 150M investment in the stadium it would be a madness to sell, perhaps in a few years when the new stand is paying itself off it would make sense.

But i guess if a moneyball Arabian king comes in, it would be hard to say no....

If they didn't want to sell then they would take a lot more interest in what is going on on the pitch. What do any owners want? CL football. Especially owners who have put hundreds of millions into the club. Are we going to get CL football this season or anytime in the future with Rodgers in charge, no. FSG will make a massive profit when they do sell, even with what they have invested into the new stand they should make around £500 million.

As for the new stand. You ever hear of people adding an extension to their house to make it a more attractive buy and worth more. FSG have added a few extra thousand seats to Anfield which means more revenue to any potential buyers, it's a great move on their part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The problem is with FSG.

Oh right. Are they scumbags as well now?

Oh they will wait till the stadium is done alright. I think the restrictions on FFP might have had an impact but with Liverpool I'd say they saw an opportunity to buy low, refurbish (better stadium & better revenue streams) and then sell.

This summer was a pretty big indication though, if they really wanted to stick with the club Rodgers would have been gone.

It's just a gut feeling really...hopefully I don't have to put my first born down as collateral :)

I honestly don't think it's beyond the realms to think that they felt Rodgers could get them back to where they were two years ago if the investment was better. I think we're a few years away from them selling up and its not necessarily a good thing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement