Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

Fair play to SOS for highlighting these issues.

Not allowing flags/banners is BS. The atmosphere is bad enough as it is. Why kill it even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That match thread is going to be a horrible horrible place. Good luck to all redmen who enter.

Nah.

You've only yourself to blame if you get covered in ****e after diving head first into a cesspit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

mosstin wrote: »
    Slowly but surely everything that made the club special is being stripped away. This will make a very poor atmosphere even worse. I HATE this sanitised, corporate thing football, in the PL especially, has become.
    As a side note - can't remember the last time there was so much apathy facing into a United match. From both sides.

Well I've gone and taken the day off work for it anyway, I'm far from apathetic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Allan Rodrigues de Souza's brilliant debut goal

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/642068561515671552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Were they playing on ice?

• Advertisement

Were they playing on ice?

It's in Finland so probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Has he posted a selfie yet?

spinning-top_518.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The club will probably start handing out little plastic flags instead soon.

Shudder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A hint of Ronaldinho's against Chelsea in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Out of the 3 amigos, I'm glad its Enrique thats staying.. he could reach a decent level again if his body & head allows it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

It's only Thursday and Super-rush brings anarchy to the match thread.

oHJiMCh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Should have closed his account an re-regged to avoid the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Turtyturd wrote: »

Surely that would never be tolerated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »

All rarnes accounts anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I bet he'll be decent.

Two up front about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Two up front about time.

Plot twist: Ings upfront on his own and Benteke is beside Skrtel in defense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

kfallon wrote: »
    If you want to talk about great goals against Man Utd....

Go to 2min 33sec here

And of course Peter B's hat trick

the one-two quick passing was unreal... can we have it back please??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Plot twist: Ings upfront on his own and Benteke is beside Skrtel in defense

Couldn't be any worse than Vleron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Or we end up with no presence in midfield whatsoever, in front of a shaky backline, and lose two or three nil.

Steven Gerrard.
    ‘I don’t know if I am going to be good enough to be a manager, or a No 1, No 2, No 3 or No 4.
    ‘Liverpool replaced coaches Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh in the summer, so they were looking for a new No 2, or No 3 or No 4. I would have been tailor-made to fill one of these roles, as well as making myself available as a squad player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3229811/Steven-Gerrard-exclusive-stayed-Liverpool-offered-right-job.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Maybe I'm thivk but what the fcuk is he on about there?
    I probably not good enough to be either the manager or the no. 1 or any number but I think I would have been perfect to be a Liverpool coaching number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Maybe I'm thivk but what the fcuk is he on about there?
    I probably not good enough to be either the manager or the no. 1 or any number but I think I would have been perfect to be a Liverpool coaching number.

I think he means more in the sense of "you never know if you're going to make the transition into management, but this would have been a good opportunity to try, with positions opening up".

Totally irrelevant and illogical argument in practice though, considering he agreed his Galaxy contract months before those positions opened up.

He's better off to be honest - actually do what he said he wanted to do, stay playing as long as you can, and then give management a try. There will always be roles coming up in the club, at least every 1 or 2 years. The time for management is a hell of a lot longer than the time for playing, so best to take full advantage while he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The vast majority of todays players wont go into management. Most of them have so much money they dont need to, and the broke ones that do need the money find media work a much easier option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is anyone else dreading tomorrow evenings match after the West Ham performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »

Not so much. Utd have been garbage so far as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd really like Rodgers to get the tactics right for this one. I know he's missing players, but this is what he's trained for. West Ham made him, and us look like amateurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Will we be going with a diamond tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If Ings is starting as rumoured I would say so.

Henderson is still injured AFAIK so that'd be Lucas, Can, Milner, Firmino in a diamond midfield, hopefully Clyne and Moreno attacking full backs and Skrtel and a bag of sand in the centre of defence with Benteke and Ings up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm sorry, but if Steven Gerrard is telling the truth when he says he would've stayed had he been offered a coaching role, then the club needs a fúcking slap. Actually, more than a slap.

Utterly and completely stupid to let that experience and influence go when you don't have to.

Fúcking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Vicxas wrote: »

I'd take a draw right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but if Steven Gerrard is telling the truth when he says he would've stayed had he been offered a coaching role, then the club needs a fúcking slap. Actually, more than a slap.

Utterly and completely stupid to let that experience and influence go when you don't have to.

Fúcking hell.

Stevie made his mind up to go to LA back in November/December and announced it over the Xmas period IIRC. At that time there were no plans to shake up the coaching staff. After the poor end to the season the coaching staff was restructured which could have created an opportunity for Stevie to do a Gigg's type role whilst remaining as a squad player but by then Stevie was contracted to LA.

He'll be back when he's finished playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Stevie made his mind up to go to LA back in November/December and announced it over the Xmas period IIRC. At that time there were no plans to shake up the coaching staff. After the poor end to the season the coaching staff was restructured which could have created an opportunity for Stevie to do a Gigg's type role whilst remaining as a squad player but by then Stevie was contracted to LA.

He'll be back when he's finished playing.

Still no foresight by the club at all to keep Stevie on board.

There was no reason for him to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Brendan thinks so :D

5nPtzA3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He could go 352
    Mig
    Skrtel lovren gomez
    Clyne lucas firmino milner moreno
    Ings benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

There was every reason for him to leave, he wants to play football and as much as possible. He was never the type to sit on the bench for any game and decided that he could not be like a Giggs type player who would stick around long after he was deserving of a place in the squad.

He'll get a few years playing in America enjoy the experience and then come back hopefully with badges etc in tow. After that you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

There is/was actually. It's important for any individuals development that they are exposed to and experience different set ups and environments. He'll be a more rounded and better coach/manager that he'd otherwise be if all he had to draw on was a lifetime with one single club.

Show me one example who played his entire career with one top echelon club then up through the coaching roles within the same club to become manager of the club and was a real success as manager?

There may well be some but off the top of my head I can't think of any. I guess you could point to Gary Monk but he was with a host of clubs before Swansea and they aren't a top echelon club with the expectations and pressures that come with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Fúcking hell.

Not for me, we'd now be looking at the very real prospect of him becoming player manager at some point this season if that had of happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Fúcking hell.

At the time he announced his retirement we were still in with a chance at fourth and there unlikely to be any vacancies. It's a bit captain hindsight for him to suggest he should have been given one of their roles now. That's forgetting he was pretty unequivocal about hating having his games tailored, would they have been tailored any less in a Player/coach role ?

This piece read like a reaction to a piece earlier in the week where he claimed to love his anonymity in LA , its like he's afraid to say he is enjoying himself over there without doing a follow up interview where he says how much he loves liverpool and would have stay'd if only .....

Rightly or wrongly I don't know whether Gerrard would ever be considered for a coaching role while Rodgers was manager, especially off the back of a poor season. We've only lost the one game this season and people are calling for Rodgers head, if we went through any prelonged period of poor form the pressure to sack Rodgers and appoint Gerrard as caretaker manager would be huge. Rodgers was never gonna allow that. LvG can get away with having a club legend as his assistant because of his stature in the game but even he is under pressure with Giggs waiting in the wings.

If by some miracle we get Klopp or Ancelloti as our next manager I'd be all for Stevie being brought in to learn the ropes but it was simply never going to happen under Rodgers as it would have been too destabilizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Does Gerrard have his badges? Has he ever taken a training session with the youths or any other team? What actual coaching credentials does he have to justify giving him a senior coaching position at a club with Liverpool's stature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

At the time he announced his retirement we were still in with a chance at fourth and there unlikely to be any vacancies.

If he suggest this to your club at the time they should have made a Vacancy.

Hes was I believe your greatest ever player and Outstanding Captain.

Could and Should be Assistant Manager of Liverpool.

Maybe he didnt say anything when he was leaving

Ah, Maybe this
    Liverpool only offered him a new one-year contract in November, and neither the club nor Gerrard had any enthusiasm for him joining Rodgers’s coaching staff in the summer. “Steven had an ambassadorial role at the club but there wasn’t a coaching offer made to him,” said Rodgers. “Steven hasn’t got his badges and he is not the sort who would go into coaching blind. His focus was very much on the present, which means playing, because he believes he can play on beyond this season.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Could and Should be Assistant Manager of Liverpool

After several years of accumulating coaching experience and proving himself as a coach, certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

corwill wrote: »
    After several years of accumulating coaching experience and proving himself as a coach, certainly.

Yeah Edited. Surprised he doesn't have coaching badges. Alot of players start them early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Fúcking hell.

Not surprised Rodgers wouldn't be having that. A guy like Stevie would have massive influence in the dressing room as a coach, and rightly or wrongly, it was a shrewd move by Rodgers to dodge that situation. IF true of course.

Elsewhere, typical that United announce that new De Gea deal a day before this game, reminds me of the kind of stroke Ferguson used to pull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

bur wrote: »
    Not for me, we'd now be looking at the very real prospect of him becoming player manager at some point this season if that had of happened.

Agree totally, having someone of the stature of Gerrard lurking in the management structure when things are not going well for the manager in the seat (whether it is Rodgers or ANOther) could be a recipe for disaster, as it would be all too easy to undermine the manager - especially when considering the UK media who would be pushing and dragging Gerrard into the hot seat by any means possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd really like Rodgers to get the tactics right for this one.

pV9KVzG.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DaveSuarez wrote: »

The people that won't get this are going to be awful confused. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have we lost the game yet?

Seriously don't think I've ever felt so "meh" about a game before, especially against United. Its the absolute incarnation of Danny Ings, in terms of a footballing spectacle. Maybe that's why he's penned in to start, who knows.

Maybe, the game is so Danny Ings, that he'll melt into the background, becoming one with himself, and we'll essentially be playing with ten players.

International Breaks are still very much an underwhelming pile of balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    pV9KVzG.gif

That is looped beautifully

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement