Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Let Brendan take one, he can redeem himself.

Given his ego, it wouldn't shock me if he signed a player manager contract even though he's been retired for 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well surely that's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everyone on Twitter is a spa. Even you. Yes you, reading this. Are you on Twitter? Yeah, you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Knex. wrote: »
    I think its gotten so septic right now, he has to go, regardless of whether its for a short term manager until the summer.

That's how bad tonight has been in my eyes. Final straw.

I feel like the gears are certainly in motion.

Too many rumours about other managers.

I reckon the trigger won't be actually pulled until we have the final poor result, just to have time to get the new fella in if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well in Captain Fantastic.

YES, WE'RE CLOSER TO A WIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Gbear wrote: »
    I feel like the gears are certainly in motion.

Too many rumours about other managers.

I reckon the trigger won't be actually pulled until we have the final poor result, just to have time to get the new fella in if nothing else.

Carlisle taking us to penalties at Anfield won't be the final poor result? :(

That Can penalty will be our entire season highlights package if Rodgers isn't sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Really hope Rodgers can turn things around. Looking harder all the time though. These things have a tendency to snowball.

• Advertisement

Barca won't go looking for you now.

Cheers Phil, lovely thing to do for the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Get in, a wins a win, Rodgers In!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bogdun for #1 keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fair play Ginger Mig.

Get in, a wins a win, Rodgers In!

Deluded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Our Year!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Carlisle taking us to penalties at Anfield won't be the final poor result? :(

A wins a win.

Cup matches have been abortions more often than not in my time following Liverpool.

It's enough to keep the wolves from the door, but I'd imagine Rodgers is about 2 poor results away at any time between now and Christmas.

Deluded

Nope, delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Empty seats at the next few home games i reckon.

Atmosphere is gone toxic, no coming back.

We lost 6-1 to stoke, how he kept his job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, that wasn't disconcerting at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Ron Weasly is good at the oul penos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Bogdan should be starting on Saturday after those saves, his confidence will be sky high in comparison to Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Character

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rodgers out

And finally we have it. The Wall of Jericho crumbles. The last pillar of eternity crashes down. The straw that truly broke the camel's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Swiftly exiting the match thread, I can only imagine the United lads in their now, doing their usual business.

Awful performance from the team, nice to see Bogdan do well on his debut.

Unless FSG just see this as a win and nothing more then Rodgers could be gone by the weekend.

Swiftly exiting the match thread, I can only imagine the United lads in their now, doing their usual business.

Awful performance from the team, nice to see Bogdan do well on his debut.

Unless FSG just see this as a win and nothing more then Rodgers could be gone by the weekend.

I doubt it.

Lads, in all seriousness. Does anybody truly believe he will be sacked within the next 8-10 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The longer Rodgers stays now the worse FSG looks. Never heard the crowd get on the managers back as bad before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I honestly felt a little sick watching that. How far does the club have to fall before he is fired. It is frankly embarrassing that he is still our manager.

• Site Banned Posts: 143 ✭✭Fellaindinho

mav79 wrote: »
    The longer Rodgers stays now the worse FSG looks. Never heard the crowd get on the managers back as bad before.

Good thing the crowd decides who becomes manager then.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    A wins a win.

Cup matches have been abortions more often than not in my time following Liverpool.

It's enough to keep the wolves from the door, but I'd imagine Rodgers is about 2 poor results away at any time between now and Christmas.

A win is a win if that game was in isolation (and technically the final score was 1-1).

Unfortunately that's a 1-1 draw with Carlisle, a 1-1 draw with Norwich, a 1-1 draw with Bordeaux, a 3-1 loss to United (who were beaten by Swansea and held to a scoreless draw by a hapless Newcastle) and a 3-0 loss to West Ham.

I don't see beating Carlisle on penalties with a team of internationals being a springboard for the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CPnoFfMXAAAR9vR.jpg

I honestly felt a little sick watching that. How far does the club have to fall before he is fired. It is frankly embarrassing that he is still our manager.

Felt sick?
    You probably need to have a word with yourself if it's physically hurting you and embarrassing you as an individual.

This will be just a minor bump on the road when we hoist the cup aloft in a few months!

Lads, in all seriousness. Does anybody truly believe he will be sacked within the next 8-10 weeks?

Depends on the result against Villa because after that he has a pretty bad run of games.

Lose or draw to Villa, I think he'll still be here.

Lose the derby, I think he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was painful stuff. Bar ings not a single player knew how to put the ball in the net.
    Once again after going ahead we reverted to conservative tippy tappy rubbish.

I expect villa to finish us off Saturday and that should be it for Rodgers. If he does hobble through the next couple of games one thing is clear, he is not the man to take us forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well in the next 8-10 weeks we play Everton Spurs Southampton Chelsea City Palace and Swansea all well capable of beating us so yes. Unless we show form we havent up to this point.

A win is a win if that game was in isolation (and technically the final score was 1-1).

Unfortunately that's a 1-1 draw with Carlisle, a 1-1 draw with Norwich, a 1-1 draw with Bordeaux, a 3-1 loss to United (who were beaten by Swansea and held to a scoreless draw by a hapless Newcastle) and a 3-0 loss to West Ham.

I don't see beating Carlisle on penalties with a team of internationals being a springboard for the season.

United are second in the league. West Ham also beat City who are top of the league. Liverpool are 4 points off 4th place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

5starpool wrote: »
    CPnoFfMXAAAR9vR.jpg

A picture that screams indifference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

What are they waiting for to fire him!?

I can't understand how Rodgers is our manager today, this is the worst Liverpool in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He should be, don't you think?

Don't day 'he won't be though'. That's a cop out. He should be sacked, shouldn't he?

SlickRic wrote: »
    He should be, don't you think?

Don't day 'he won't be though'. That's a cop out. He should be sacked, shouldn't he?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Still waiting on Firmino to show up, could not even look good against this side tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We have 8 points in 6 games so far. If we repeat that form over the next 6 games, then yes, I reckon Rodgers is getting sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Oh wonderful it looks like we have a brand new nutter to add to the thread. It really is becoming completely unreadable with the amount of obvious trolls posting regularly.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on Firmino to show up, could not even look good against this side tonight.

Give him a chance

No, he shouldn't be sacked right now. But this is the time they get on the ****in' phones.

He played for 35 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

He's got to go.

Its not 'only' 6 league games, it's not 'only' the league cup...this ****e has being going on since March now.

Oh wonderful it looks like we have a brand new nutter to add to the thread. It really is becoming completely unreadable with the amount of obvious trolls posting regularly.

Me?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement